AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-29, 12:46   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Claymore Chapter 123

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 123.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2012-01-29, 22:11   Link #2
Elandyll

Still no spoilers?

I am dreaming of something back with Claire / Priscilla, but realistically it's probably going to be another downer where 3 abyssals talk about killing and eating everybody, but nobody dies and just fight during 20 pages.
Mmmh .. well, Cass or Roxanne might bite it. If we're lucky...

Hope I'm wrong though, and that it's going to re-ignite a so far sluggish and dragged-out arc (while the end of the Org should have been something downright Epic).
Old 2012-01-29, 23:08   Link #3
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
Still no spoilers?
There is a very likely fake spoiler on the ch 122 thread... we as a group so far have just chosen not to carry the convo over to hear until we have a more legit spoiler or proof that one is correct.

I mean where is the fun in having a new chapter thread starting on page 10 because we spent 10 pages talking about a fake spoiler.
Old 2012-01-30, 02:25   Link #4
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

负责人告诉圈的头发,我需要你的力量。
负责人立即唤醒一半,她看上去像一个声波顺利生猪。
她克莱尔半唤醒腿复制和扩展她的头发模仿歇斯底里的腿。
她拦截歇斯底里,权当她杀卷发。
歇斯底里说,她玩累了。她的攻击领袖
领导人被切断,但她用她的头发作为挡箭牌,以吸收命中。
两剑通电和医治自己。看到领袖一半唤醒后,她问
辛西娅与她同步。
海伦笑了,并要求乌玛做同样的,乌玛很犹豫,但辛西娅告诉她
不用担心,她会帮助她。
都剑和海伦半唤醒。
下一页章在今年三月。
Old 2012-01-30, 02:35   Link #5
Gooral
Banned

This one looks like the real deal. It seems that thanks to Cynthia's and Yuma's youki synchronization Helen and Deneve awaken and fight Hysteria that way. Clare is also mentioned but I'm not sure whether it's referring to her form when she fought Rigaldo or that she really awakened.
Old 2012-01-30, 03:07   Link #6
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Wonderful, I'm about to go to sleep and this turns up >_<

It's certainly not as game-changing as the last one, but it's probably better in it's own way....I was about to ask if Helen and Deneve fully awaken, but with Claire brought up, I find it highly likely that it's just going to be a partial awakening like she did and, basically, what Miria did just now; just them going berserk really.

It won't really change nothing, but I can see why they would still try; this could just be the kind of distraction for the others to escape. The question is, how long can they hold off?

If this spoiler is true, really the only thing seemingly will be exciting is imagining what they would both look like, though we'll probably get other snippets that surprise us.

Both Helen and Deneve are powerhouses - Helen's will probably be akin to Cassandra with a touch of Riful (rubbery arms but with powerful hits), Deneve will probably be stronger especially with thanks to her regeneration.

Yeah, I'm betting this spoiler is probably it.
Old 2012-01-30, 06:15   Link #7
MalakTawus

If Helen and Deneve awaken they really will be very strong,but the 3 monsters should still have an huge advantage since they were 3 of the strongest n.1s.
Also i'm not so sure that even if they awaken they can change a lot the situation,afterall even if they become A LOT stronger,what's the point if your opponent is so much faster than you?
Imo the only solution is if Miria awakens since she is the only one that can face Histy's speed...
Old 2012-01-30, 06:33   Link #8
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
If Helen and Deneve awaken they really will be very strong,but the 3 monsters should still have an huge advantage since they were 3 of the strongest n.1s.
Also i'm not so sure that even if they awaken they can change a lot the situation,afterall even if they become A LOT stronger,what's the point if your opponent is so much faster than you?
Imo the only solution is if Miria awakens since she is the only one that can face Histy's speed...
Two of them are more preoccupied with each other that'll just leaves Hysteria VS 2 unknown strength AB/partially awakened with back up from 3-4 Claymores and possibly Raftela, I doubt Miria will take part she's to worn out although she's probably the only one capable of matching speed with Hysteria.
Old 2012-01-30, 07:54   Link #9
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Two of them are more preoccupied with each other that'll just leaves Hysteria VS 2 unknown strength AB/partially awakened with back up from 3-4 Claymores and possibly Raftela, I doubt Miria will take part she's to worn out although she's probably the only one capable of matching speed with Hysteria.
You don't get it.
It doesn't matter one bit how strong Helen and Deneve can be after the awakening,Histy is simply too fast for them anyway.
Imo the best they can do is buy some time (especially thanx to Deneve's crazy regeneration).
Even with Helen and Deneve awakened,without awakened Miria (or Claire) there is no way that the rebels can defeat Histy UNLESS (and this is not impossible at all) Histy herself understimates too much her opponents and does something stupid.
Old 2012-01-30, 08:12   Link #10
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Spoiler looks better than the last at the very least (on cell so cant translate it with google translate, so I'm basing this off Goorals comment).

Not sure I wanna know Helen and Deneve's awakened forms though, especially after Hysteria and Cassandras forms (and the shrimp twins)... and while Roxanne's looks better than the others it still isnt quite as awesome as the 3 Original Abyssal Ones.
Old 2012-01-30, 08:17   Link #11
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Oh, if this spoiler is legit I find it a bit odd it didnt describe Helen and Deneves forms... all other true spoilers that talked about a first time awakening I recall described the forms. A bit odd this one doesnt...
Old 2012-01-30, 08:17   Link #12
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
You don't get it.
It doesn't matter one bit how strong Helen and Deneve can be after the awakening,Histy is simply too fast for them anyway.
Imo the best they can do is buy some time (especially thanx to Deneve's crazy regeneration).
Even with Helen and Deneve awakened,without awakened Miria (or Claire) there is no way that the rebels can defeat Histy UNLESS (and this is not impossible at all) Histy herself understimates too much her opponents and does something stupid.
Speed isn't everything it's important but when fighting multiple opponents it's pretty easy to lose track of somebody especially if your heads been messed around with. It's just the very basics of AB hunting 3 claymores distract keep the AB busy the single digit looks for an opening I don't really see how this fight would be any different apart from the power of those involved.
Old 2012-01-30, 08:22   Link #13
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Oh, if this spoiler is legit I find it a bit odd it didnt describe Helen and Deneves forms... all other true spoilers that talked about a first time awakening I recall described the forms. A bit odd this one doesnt...
It's possible that their forms aren't revealed yet, and will be in the following issue. Similar to when Clare went Queen of Blades mode, maybe.
Old 2012-01-30, 08:31   Link #14
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Azure View Post
It's possible that their forms aren't revealed yet, and will be in the following issue. Similar to when Clare went Queen of Blades mode, maybe.
Well I cant read it so I'm only going by what others have said and gooral said awaken and fight... now it wasnt quite clear if he meant they will fight that way or are about to at chapters end like you say but since that is all he said besides mention of Clare I can only guess that they do awaken this chapter or the chapter is a bunch of nothing with two unrevealed awakenings at the end of it where some how Clare gets mentioned along the way...

At least that was my train of thought last post...
Old 2012-01-30, 08:43   Link #15
Narosian

google translate says that spoiler is chinese. Anyway here is what google translate says, it really doesnt make much sense but will post it anyways until someone can do a better one.

Person in charge told the circle of hair, I need your strength.
Wake up half of the head immediately, she looks like a pig sound smooth.
Claire wake her legs half extended her hair, copy and imitate hysterical leg.
She intercept hysterical, right when she killed curls.
Hysterical that she play tired. Leader of her attack
Leaders were cut off, but she used her hair as a shield to absorb the hit.
Two swords power and heal yourself. See leaders wake up half later, she asked
Cynthia and her synchronized.
Helen laughed, and asked to do the same Uma, Uma is very hesitant, but Cynthia told her
Do not worry, she will help her.
Helen Sword and half are awakened.
Next chapter in March.
Old 2012-01-30, 08:44   Link #16
Gooral
Banned

@Ryus
Maybe you will interpret it differently than me: [cut google translation]

Also, if "curls" is Ana then we might finally have a first victim since... like ever?

@Malak
It would make a difference if only for the fact they would be much harder to kill. Deneve even as a Claymore "wouldn't die even if she was killed" and Helen was always super lucky (so even if she was hit then in non-lethal spots). However, them awakening via soul-link would make Yuma and Cynthia completely vulnerable so if Yagi went that way he would have to explain why weren't they attacked by Hysteria (or how come the rest of Claymores managed to protect them from an ZAO). So in general I agree that overall it shouldn't make much of a difference since two of them powering up would be at the cost of two of them powering down.

Anyway, I hope that Yagi won't go this way since Alicia and Beth needed years of training, practically they were being trained since they were infants so Yuma and Cynthia accomplishing it on their first try (and not with their twins but Claymores with bodies and minds almost completely unfamiliar to them) would be just too much for me to buy.

Last edited by Gooral; 2012-01-30 at 08:47. Reason: deleted google translation since it's already been posted
Old 2012-01-30, 09:19   Link #17
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Yeah a translation i can read and not have to guess from other posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Ryus
Maybe you will interpret it differently than me: [cut google translation]

Also, if "curls" is Ana then we might finally have a first victim since... like ever?
no, it seems they willhave there forms revealed next chapter... i came to the wrong conclusion previously since i was having so little to go on.

But someone else uses their "hair" to defend themselves after "curls" dies and that would only make sense if it is anastasia assuming the translation is good

Hmm... it cant be Helen, Deneve, Cynthia or Yuma (and whomever intercepts Hysteria when "curls dies" since are are named later. By process of elimination "curls"could also be Miria (i think whom intercepts "curls" so it likely isnt her and likely "leader" too and did she just awaken her legit like Clare, if so next ch we have 3 half awakened fighting her while partially awakened ), Tabitha (god i hope so), Dietrich, or Nike (or the twins if they showed up) yet none seem like a curls to me either. So who is it

Maybe curls is Rigado but that wouldnt make sense either since Hysteria was mention prior.

Well if it is Anastasia then those whom said she'd die due to how difficult her hair is to draw where right. Odd that yagi would kill off a character that just got a cover page and has such a useful and unique power though when he spared so many other useless characters. but then again I'm noting to think anyone has died this arc until it is confirmed by a corpse due to Miria, Audrey, Rachel, Nina, and Raftela all "dying" too
Old 2012-01-30, 10:14   Link #18
MalakTawus

@Newhope

Sorry but no, when you obtain a speed like Histy that is IMMENSELY greater than anyone else (with Miria as the only exception....that btw is stil a lot slower than Histy),than yes,SPEED IS INDEED EVERYTHING.
The numbers of warriors opposing Histy is absolutely irrelevant for her since if she wants she can basicallykill everyone in a few instants.
Forget about keeping up with her speed,the rebels can't even SEE her when she attacks,lol........and even if Helen and Deneve awaken, there is absolutely NOTHING that they can do to defeat Histy,NOTHING.
All Histy has to to is begin targetting the normal warriors and killing them like insects,if she wants she could also target Cinthya and Yuma that they would be completely vulnerable (not that it makes any difference for her,since they can't see her attacks anyway,lol).
Like i said,there is absolutely nothing that Helen and Deneve can do to DEFEAT Histy even if they awaken,all they can do is buy a bit of time for the others.

....also i'd like to point out that Histy was one of the strongest n.1s in history,do you really think that she towers over "normal warriors" (like Helen and Deneve) just for speed???
Lol,she has A LOT more than speed,it's just that speed seems her only strong point just because it's at an absolutely crazy level.

@Gooral
Infact i said that they could buy some time,BUT buying some time and defeating Histy are two COMPLETELY different things.
Old 2012-01-30, 10:20   Link #19
little_angel
Watching From Above

found this and I dont know if it is even a spoiler but they(the people commenting on this) are discussing Miria :
Spoiler for Size:
Old 2012-01-30, 10:30   Link #20
Ryus
The One Eyed King

@malak while I agree speed is just about the most important factor in this series you're making a mistake in assuming Helen and Deneves ability to track Hysteria wont improve once they fully awaken... especially with Miria also running about with awakened legs distracting and supporting the two.

They ability to track and counter Hysteria will be as strong or weak as Yagi wants it to be but just going by how much Clare improved by awakening Helen and Deneve should get really strong and fast too (at least strong enough to hold her off till x happens and possibly defeat her if Miria figures out how to defeat her traction)... and dont give me the teresa inside Clare makes her unique excuse that is just one intrupretation that not everyone else agrees with.

Feel free to believe it but dont force your opinion on us either, I reject your reality on that matter and substaitute my own where awakening doesnt equal a 100% of warrior form but 100% is when they reach the start of there next level of power. It was literally proven to be the case for everyone when Cassandra went from weaker to ~ the same as Roxanne to being able to defeat her with ease.

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria