AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 13:28   Link #1101
NJZanDatsu

The 2.7 rating was for the week of the recap episode.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 14:19   Link #1102
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJZanDatsu View Post
Don't confuse the issue with inconvenient facts.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 18:38   Link #1103
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
From what I remember, 2.7 IS the rating for recap episode. It was just posted around April 15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJZanDatsu View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...61#post4110161

see my post and atarashii's reply
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:00   Link #1104
NJZanDatsu

My bad Chikky you're right. But that is strange why would more people watch a recap over a brand new episode? lol.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 09:13   Link #1105
kakakka

I always see ratings posted much later than the broadcast. So, I am a bit skeptic when ratings were said to be posted the day after.

But then again, after 1 full recap episode, I know I'll be wary of the next one.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 01:55   Link #1106
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 29:
Old 2012-04-29, 02:23   Link #1107
Belial13

Is there no episode this week ?
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 02:25   Link #1108
leokiko

The animation in this episode was sick.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 02:52   Link #1109
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial13 View Post
Is there no episode this week ?
There is a new episode this week, it's already on CrunchyRoll.com
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 13:29   Link #1110
ookamigirl

Gon & Kill in hard speedy training.
That guy is a pretty good teacher.
So they are now official on 200th floor.
The rules from here on are pretty different too.
Gon's first battle in 200s class... not easy anymore.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 14:05   Link #1111
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So they were able to learn ten. So the fighting starts and its already interesting. Looks like we get an update on Kurapika next week. Wonder if he will also learn nen.
Old 2012-04-29, 14:50   Link #1112
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

Haha, I just couldn't take that beyblade-attack seriously. But it looks like there's Kurapika in the preview, so I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2012-04-29, 15:04   Link #1113
VnsFurs

Really awesome episode this week, it was worth the wait.
I just loved the way gon and killua quickly decided that they didn't care about reaching the top anymore.
Also, what really struck me was the excellent use of music during this episode. It made the whole first half really easy to be drawn in to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanty View Post
Haha, I just couldn't take that beyblade-attack seriously. But it looks like there's Kurapika in the preview, so I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Though this came way before beyblade, just an FYI
VnsFurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 16:11   Link #1114
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Aww, they changed the nen sound. Darn, I was hoping they'd leave that intact. Colors seem to have changed too, they seem to be linked to intent now rather than the person, but that's speculation department for now. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but as usual my nitpicks seem to be the audio department..

Plotwise this episode was good and in some areas an improvement. Explanations were handled well, characters were introduced and unlike what I remember from the the 1999 series the implication that the bastard trio was injured by the baptism is much more clearly defined here.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 11:50   Link #1115
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Aww, they changed the nen sound. Darn, I was hoping they'd leave that intact. Colors seem to have changed too, they seem to be linked to intent now rather than the person, but that's speculation department for now. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but as usual my nitpicks seem to be the audio department..
I think that in order to easily distinguish Ten from Ren, Ten is a colorless shroud in the 2011 series while Ren has color. Also, to denote Gon and Killua's total inexperience, their Ten is also made small in this version. I think that it's a smart idea.

I think that the aura colors have already been revealed; Gon's will be green, Killua's will be purple, Kurapika's red, and Leorio's yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Plotwise this episode was good and in some areas an improvement. Explanations were handled well, characters were introduced and unlike what I remember from the the 1999 series the implication that the bastard trio was injured by the baptism is much more clearly defined here.
Actually--funny thing. The trio isn't disabled in the 1999 series; all of them retain their limbs and even walk/use them throughout the course of the show. It was a censorship thing.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:28   Link #1116
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
I think that in order to easily distinguish Ten from Ren, Ten is a colorless shroud in the 2011 series while Ren has color. Also, to denote Gon and Killua's total inexperience, their Ten is also made small in this version. I think that it's a smart idea.
Hrmm, I don't know... I did like aura being colored different from person to person. I might get used to it, but eh.

Quote:
I think that the aura colors have already been revealed; Gon's will be green, Killua's will be purple, Kurapika's red, and Leorio's yellow.
Really? Where? Oh, the openings and endings right?

*watches*

... Pink haired Machi? Surprising change, but I'm not complaining.

Quote:
Actually--funny thing. The trio isn't disabled in the 1999 series; all of them retain their limbs and even walk/use them throughout the course of the show. It was a censorship thing.
Oh yeah, now I remember. Kudos to the 2011 version for improving that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 11:44   Link #1117
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

I'm really excited to watch the next episode for a lot of reasons. However, I first want to remind new viewers of a scene in which they may have forgotten. Episode 16 of the Madhouse version.

During the Fourth Phase of the Hunter Exam, Gon acquires Hisoka's badge and is immediately defeated by Geretta after. There was an interesting filler scene in the space between Geretta's departure and Hisoka's arrival. The boy has a butterfly waft over to his closed fist, bandaged and bloodied. The butterfly floats away and soon becomes entangled within a spider's web. Helpless, it struggles until its demise. Gon watches this entire scene and winces in frustration.

And then after Hisoka knocks the boy out, he's entirely defeated without the ability to change this incredibly frustrating situation (which leads him to cry for the very first time in the series).

Next. The ending scene, following Gon's confrontation with Hisoka. Night. Gon lies within the hollow of a tree, awake with an expression of anger in his eyes. Again, a butterfly wafts over to Gon's closed fist. But this time, the scene zooms in even closer to the boy's expression so that the viewer is given a better look. Gon isn't just angered--he's furious. However, the viewer isn't given access to his thoughts.

Consider these moments.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 00:50   Link #1118
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i really liked this episode, the pacing seems to be slowing down, but i quess they have to start compensating for the hiatuses, anyways, im really expecting next episode, since this is the meassuring point for the actual and old series, since thats the point the old series got pretty good, also wondering how they are gonna handle whats coming.
Old 2012-05-06, 01:02   Link #1119
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This show is just too damn easy to love, interesting and subtle without being too much work to watch and analyze. It’s just fun, in the same way Rurouni Kenshin and Hikaru no Go and FMA are fun – they’re all dark and serious and times and smart all the time, and some of the best-written series manga and anime has to offer – but the experience of reading or watching them is exuberant and they invite you inside their worlds like few series can. That, for me, is the most fundamental and elemental and instinctive experience as a fan of the medium – that’s what truly great shounen can do like no other genre can.
Old 2012-05-06, 02:44   Link #1120
leokiko

...which is why I can watch and watch and rewatch over and over again and never get bored.

For the episode...my only complain is that it was a bit slow, otherwhise, an great adaptation as usual.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen