AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-01-29, 02:56   Link #281
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Streetor, i hope ur right. i wouldnt mind s3/4 just for the fillers. the happy useless plot and awesome VA/animation is worth it =)
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 03:37   Link #282
Nvis
Where are the good animes

final ep spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 04:30   Link #283
Forever
Revealing the truth

JUst watched ep 12. A final ending to a fantastic season that leaves 3rd season wide open!

I do hope Jun will meet megu next season though.
Old 2006-01-29, 05:36   Link #284
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Many thanks to Animelito and Chachamaru for doing this wonderful series (especially for giving me a reason for watching each episode twice).

Spoiler:
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 08:43   Link #285
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
Many thanks to Animelito and Chachamaru for doing this wonderful series (especially for giving me a reason for watching each episode twice).

Spoiler:
How would they have a "DBZ Powerup" if they don't even look like DBZ characters? And if you're generalizing all powerups as such... well there isn't any real logic to that...

And Gin won't end up like Bara, because she's an official Rozen doll made by Rozen.
Old 2006-01-29, 09:01   Link #286
Sirmackerel

Finally got around to watching it, and -

Spoiler:
Sirmackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 09:43   Link #287
Kyuuen

Here's my thoughts on the last episode, can someone read it and tell me if it makes any sense?

Spoiler:
Kyuuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 10:06   Link #288
~PeiPei~

First post for me ^^;;
but I've come to these boards often and just finished watching ep 12 RM:T
Loved every bit of it.

anyway, just a thought:

Spoiler:
~PeiPei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 10:44   Link #289
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
How would they have a "DBZ Powerup" if they don't even look like DBZ characters? And if you're generalizing all powerups as such... well there isn't any real logic to that...

And Gin won't end up like Bara, because she's an official Rozen doll made by Rozen.
And why shouldn't I use DB as a generalisation for crazy overwhelming powerups? Don't need spiky hair and tails to powerup db style...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-29, 10:47   Link #290
Kyuuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PeiPei~
First post for me ^^;;
but I've come to these boards often and just finished watching ep 12 RM:T
Loved every bit of it.

anyway, just a thought:

Spoiler:
Pics of both Baras:
Spoiler for pictures:
Kyuuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 11:14   Link #291
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
And why shouldn't I use DB as a generalisation for crazy overwhelming powerups? Don't need spiky hair and tails to powerup db style...
Because you're making it sound like ALL powerups are "DBZ Style". Heck, I've even heard of Bleach powerups are DBZ style. They're POWERUPS, but nowhere near DBZish.

Now if you're saying ALL powerups are DBZish, I can argue that DBZ most likely didn't pioneer the idea, and if they did, it don't mean that all powerups should be classified as "DBZish", because powerups are more general... they don't ONLY belong in DBZ, as it more has to do with reiatsu/spirit energy/ki/whatever you call it than the show itself, and DBZ isn't the only show that has a type of spiritual energy.[/rant]

On topic:

Gin still rules
Old 2006-01-29, 14:22   Link #292
grey_moon

Quote:
Because you're making it sound like ALL powerups are "DBZ Style". Heck, I've even heard of Bleach powerups are DBZ style. They're POWERUPS, but nowhere near DBZish.

Now if you're saying ALL powerups are DBZish, I can argue that DBZ most likely didn't pioneer the idea, and if they did, it don't mean that all powerups should be classified as "DBZish", because powerups are more general... they don't ONLY belong in DBZ, as it more has to do with reiatsu/spirit energy/ki/whatever you call it than the show itself, and DBZ isn't the only show that has a type of spiritual energy.[/rant]

On topic:

Gin still rules
*Off topic*
Nope I am not trying to make all powers ups dbz style, especially when i reply with "generalisation for crazy overwhelming power-ups". I was attempting to to say that I liked the way RM dealt with the absorption of each others Rosa Mysticas, they didn't make any doll overwhelming and reliant on having the largest number of Rosa Mysticas.
Spoiler:

For me DB style power-ups are when something happens and the person who has powered up can pwn everything until their opponent/s either gains the same powerup or some other plot device. I think this is what other people refer to when they compare Bleach powerups to DBZ. It is in my mind is to do how they handle the powerup not the powerup itself. *edit* forgot the "and repeat cycle to really extend the series" */edit*

*On topic*
Yeah Gin does rule, for me especially the way they humanised her actions with her relationship with Megu.
Old 2006-01-29, 14:39   Link #293
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Some people seem to be confused on why Hina and Sou are the way they are at the end of the episode.

Spoiler:
I agree 100% and, in fact, will add on to this.
Spoiler:

Also, I will echo someone else and say, "Jun, you suck."
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 14:47   Link #294
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
For me DB style power-ups are when something happens and the person who has powered up can pwn everything until their opponent/s either gains the same powerup or some other plot device. I think this is what other people refer to when they compare Bleach powerups to DBZ. It is in my mind is to do how they handle the powerup not the powerup itself. *edit* forgot the "and repeat cycle to really extend the series" */edit*
...but that situation is too general to compare it to DBZ. It makes no logical sense, IMO.
Quote:
*On topic*
Yeah Gin does rule, for me especially the way they humanised her actions with her relationship with Megu.
And who can't love Megu? In my eyes, she defines moé(or maybe it's just my fetish? Oh well ). And Gin+Megu=the perfect human/doll yuri couple
Old 2006-01-29, 15:08   Link #295
grey_moon

Quote:
...but that situation is too general to compare it to DBZ. It makes no logical sense, IMO.

And who can't love Megu? In my eyes, she defines moé(or maybe it's just my fetish? Oh well ). And Gin+Megu=the perfect human/doll yuri couple
DBZ is powerup & pwn, and then opponent powerup & pwn, repeat cycle (with first an island blowing up, a continent, a planet, a solar system, etc etc). I think DBZ for a generalisation of crazy powerups is a good one and I can't think of a series that has sold so much based on that model.

I like Megu and Gin, because to me it seems that Megu is the human equivalent of Gin, believing that she is junk, but each has a way out with Gin becoming Alice and Megu eating some food and believing she will live (maybe... since we don't know whats wrong with her, but self belief can be the best types of medicine).

@spectrum
Spoiler:

Last edited by grey_moon; 2006-01-29 at 15:20.
Old 2006-01-29, 15:47   Link #296
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
DBZ is powerup & pwn, and then opponent powerup & pwn, repeat cycle (with first an island blowing up, a continent, a planet, a solar system, etc etc). I think DBZ for a generalisation of crazy powerups is a good one and I can't think of a series that has sold so much based on that model.
Why the need to compare it to another show anyway? It's like comparing any animé that has monsters in it to Pokémon(sadly, ppl DO do that...), or animé that has dolls to Rozen Maiden. For instance, someone says "This is too much like Rozen Maiden! Why do they have to copy them and go use dolls as the main characters like that?"

At least this is what it's sounding like to me...
Quote:
I like Megu and Gin, because to me it seems that Megu is the human equivalent of Gin, believing that she is junk, but each has a way out with Gin becoming Alice and Megu eating some food and believing she will live (maybe... since we don't know whats wrong with her, but self belief can be the best types of medicine).
That's hot.
Old 2006-01-29, 17:16   Link #297
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Rozen Maiden has really won me over. I watched the first season at random, and thought it was an entertaining series with a great conclusion. Traumend started out kind of slow, but, once again, the final few episodes make this series great. I hope that a third season is likely. Rozen Maiden has been bumped into my group of elite favorites.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 17:31   Link #298
Imaginary_num6er
虚数

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary_num6er
Ok, I watched ep10 and I want to say a few things about the plot:

Spoiler for Comments on ep 10:
I guess, I won the prediction back at ep10.

As you probably know, I'm listed as one of the "main translators" as one of the fansubs of RMT. To tell you the truth, my laptop died the RIGHT BEFORE I got the latest raw. It is said, that its going to take 3 weeks for repairs (I have a Japanese OS system and so, I need to send it back to Japan.). Therefore, I would like to say that if anyone was dissatisfied with one of the subs (I assume, naming which sub I'm associated would be considered "advertisement"), I humbly apoligize for my degradation of the most recent episode due to translation diffculties. This is in NO WAY, an advertisment attempt of a particular fansub, but only, an apology to the RMT fan community that I have done no justice for them. Once again, please do not interpret this as a decision based upon my affiliation with a particular fansub, but only, something that's based upon my own decision as a similar RM fan. I think, most people would understand which fansub I am/was associated with, but once again, I don't think I'm in the liberty to mention which one. Depending on the types of responces I get/see, I will see to it what kind of self-deserving punishment I should deal to myself.

It is also dissapointing that my involvement with this forum would rapidly diminish along with the end of the series, and hopefully, I could post some new news of the "Rozen Maiden Fan Appreciation Event" in Febuary 18th.

I will view this forum once so often, so please, wait for my formal return 3 weeks later. And once again, I'm very sorry for the types of damage I have caused to the very essence of the RMT series.

Imaginary_num6er
Imaginary_num6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 18:52   Link #299
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
@spectrum
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Power discussion + why Jun sucks:
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 20:12   Link #300
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Err ok, the ending was kind of odd. It's not a good or bad ending, but it just leaves me in awe like, "What the hell was that?!".

Oh well, atleast there's going to probably be another season now. I had enough of this cycle of doom and gloom about the Alice Game and the I hope the next season focuses more on something else.

Spoiler:

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural