AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-18, 22:16   Link #1
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

SnK recently announced visual novel
"The visual novels will cover spinoff stories with Mikasa, Levi, Erwin, and other characters.

Original manga creator Hajime Isayama himself is supervising the visual novels, and the developer Nitroplus (Steins;Gate, Phantom 〜Requiem for the Phantom〜) is collaborating on their production with Production I.G. Nitroplus illustrator Namaniku ATK is designing the characters, and Nitroplus writer Gan Saaku (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) is penning the scenario for Eren and Levi. The developer's Jin Haganeya is also contributing; this will be his second visual novel adaptation of an anime by director Tetsuro Araki, after Guilty Crown. Anime scriptwriter Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt ) is penning stories about Mikasa and Annie. (ANN)"
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 22:23   Link #2
Ridwan

Is there Armin route ?
Old 2013-05-18, 22:27   Link #3
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

The more important question is will there be a Christa route?
Old 2013-05-18, 22:30   Link #4
Iron Maw
Banned

Hopefully this stuff will still be in the manga.

BTW, The main artist for this VN did several doujins of SnK previously. He has quite... a certain fixation in his fanart.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 22:59   Link #5
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I have a feeling that this will become reverse-harem VN

you can choose to play as Mikasa/Annie/? and try to seduce as many boys as you can

wait, can armin be counted as a girl?
Old 2013-05-18, 23:02   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Every good VN has to have a trap.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 23:14   Link #7
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Lolwut? Is there a VN for SnK as well?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 23:17   Link #8
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
SAAKU. WRITING LEVI AND ERWIN PAST AND A LEVI AND EREN GAIDEN STORY.

Gee, they just have to hit the right buttons, yeah? Namaniku's art notwithsanding since I dislike his style

/preorders both BD in short time (money sucks when you plan to buy all of the vols) orz

Also, very clever timing there: Mikasa's visual novel is going to be released in BD with ep 4-7, and Levi cs with ep 14-16 (calculating with pace, this should be where he finally get majorly involved? Too lazy to think)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Is there Armin route ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
The more important question is will there be a Christa route?
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
I have a feeling that this will become reverse-harem VN

you can choose to play as Mikasa/Annie/? and try to seduce as many boys as you can

wait, can armin be counted as a girl?
Guys, you really haven't seen Lost Christmas?

It's probably going to be something akin to it (nothing like chasing characters skirts/pants lol), or even more like kinetic novel if possible. 'Novel' of spinoffs in game form with many pics and voices.

EDIT: lol, ANN has mentioned it, case closed. No skirts (abs?) chasing or seducing Mikasa and risking your ribs broken Annie will have a story as well though.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 00:37   Link #9
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
I've already about that in Gargantia threads but I wanted to mention that Saaku Gan and foca is the same person.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 01:10   Link #10
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Attack on Titan - Visual Novel Discussion

Mikasa or Potato girl......hmmm
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 01:16   Link #11
saurers123

Yup. I doubt it's those visual novel games where you chase guys/girls though. I think there was a visual novel I played for free, somewhere in the net, that is literally a visual novel. No chasing anyone. Just read through.

But damn...the artist....I just searched his fanarts...and just damn....Is he even the right guy for the job? I don't want to see any fanservice of some sort like that in official SnK material.

I sure wanna know about Levi's past and Annie's game.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-05-19 at 01:25. Reason: Removed the spoiler just to be safe.
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 04:44   Link #12
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Attack on Titan - Visual Novel Discussion

Mikasa or Potato girl......hmmm
Take both....Harem for the win.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:27   Link #13
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Take both....Harem for the win.
And bromance for the win too.

Armin x Eren x Levi, I mean.

Also, me want Annie story!
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:37   Link #14
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wait... standard VN or eroge?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:48   Link #15
chaos_alfa

I hope someone is going to translate them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Wait... standard VN or eroge?
It looks to me like an all-ages visual novel.

Here is the whole article. It has some more information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-05-18/attack-on-titan-blu-rays-add-visual-novels-by-nitro+
The official website for the Attack on Titan anime announced on Sunday that the first copies of the third and sixth Blu-ray Disc volumes will include bonus visual novel games. The visual novels will cover spinoff stories with Mikasa, Levi, Erwin, and other characters.

Original manga creator Hajime Isayama himself is supervising the visual novels, and the developer Nitroplus (Steins;Gate, Phantom 〜Requiem for the Phantom〜) is collaborating on their production with Production I.G. Nitroplus illustrator Namaniku ATK is designing the characters, and Nitroplus writer Gan Saaku (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) is penning the scenario for Eren and Levi. The developer's Jin Haganeya is also contributing; this will be his second visual novel adaptation of an anime by director Tetsuro Araki, after Guilty Crown. Anime scriptwriter Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt ) is penning stories about Mikasa and Annie.

The third Blu-ray volume will ship on September 18 with Seko's Lost in the Cruel World visual novel about Mikasa, and Saaku's Kuinaki Sentaku [Yokoku] (A Choice With No Regrets: Preview) about Levi and Erwin's past. The sixth Blu-ray volume will ship on December 18 with Saaku's Kuinaki Sentaku (A Choice With No Regrets), Haganeya's currently untitled visual novel about Eren and Levi, and Seko's Wall Sina, Goodbye visual novel about Annie.

The visual novels can be played on game consoles with Blu-ray drives (namely, the PlayStation 3), as well as on standard Blu-ray recorders and players. There is no word on whether these visual novels will also be available in English; Funimation just confirmed at Anime Central on Saturday that it plans to release the anime on home video next year.

The official Twitter account for the Attack on Titan manga revealed on April 30 that there is a console or portable video game planned for sale. Both Funimation and Crunchyroll are streaming the ongoing anime version as it airs in Japan, and a live-action film version is slated for next year.

[Via Yaraon!]
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 06:09   Link #16
Gundamx

Nitroplus stop developing eroge games >
choas;head, steins;gate...etc
even eroge company that work with them no longer make them either
(muv-luv TE)

at least we know it's VN with story
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 06:59   Link #17
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Now that I looked at it more closely and with coffee, it's Haganeya Jin instead who is writing Eren-Levi's sidestory. Not my favourite script writer thanks to Demonbane (personal reasons lol), but still much better than some, soooo... (And I did enjoy Muramasa's and Last Christmas' scripts... I'LL BELIEVE. Or something. Bah, I can enjoy everything so why not?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Nitroplus stop developing eroge games >
choas;head, steins;gate...etc
OT: Please tell me you're kidding, because if you are really telling me that, then what was the love triangle with yandere atmosphere PV from Nitro+, labelled as R-18, is? My hallucination? Also, Science series is pretty much 5pb/MAGES franchise, N+ just collaborate with them especially for the PC porting...

But back to point: yes, this Visual Novels are definitely gonna be all ages, or at least have no ero content (gore and questionable parts, though... Not gonna bet on the opposite ). Think rationally. Please. This is pretty much attached to a consumer product sold to a wide range of demographic, why would they... Add... R18 Erotic content? Without proper labelling? Wut.

Anyway, do me a favor and uh, don't put this as TOKIMEKI DOKI DOKI SHINGEKI NO GAKUEN ~EREN NO SEISHUN KOIGATARI~ or something like that in your brain?

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:21   Link #18
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Now that I looked at it more closely and with coffee, it's Haganeya Jin instead who is writing Eren-Levi's sidestory. Not my favourite script writer thanks to Demonbane (personal reasons lol), but still much better than some, soooo... (And I did enjoy Muramasa's and Last Christmas' scripts... I'LL BELIEVE. Or something. Bah, I can enjoy everything so why not?)

OT: Please tell me you're kidding, because if you are really telling me that, then what was the love triangle with yandere atmosphere PV from Nitro+, labelled as R-18, is? My hallucination? Also, Science series is pretty much 5pb/MAGES franchise, N+ just collaborate with them especially for the PC porting...

But back to point: yes, this Visual Novels are definitely gonna be all ages, or at least have no ero content (gore and questionable parts, though... Not gonna bet on the opposite ). Think rationally. Please. This is pretty much attached to a consumer product sold to a wide range of demographic, why would they... Add... R18 Erotic content? Without proper labelling? Wut.

Anyway, do me a favor and uh, don't put this as TOKIMEKI DOKI DOKI SHINGEKI NO GAKUEN ~EREN NO SEISHUN KOIGATARI~ or something like that in your brain?
I guess I mistake Nitroplus with 5pb.
but still, their most resent successful game = all age
it's pretty funny how they earn more money from all age VN than from 18+ VN
(Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:34   Link #19
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Muramasa wasn't written by Haganeya though.
Also from what I've seen:
Chaos:Head was produced with 5pb. and Nitroplus together (and, well, it's started as a PC version), Steins;Gate was mostly by 5pb. and with some help from Nitroplus (with scenario too) and Robotics;Notes didn't have any involvement from Nitroplus if you won't count the mecha designer from Polygon Bangcho who's been working with Nitroplus since Muramasa.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:41   Link #20
Iron Maw
Banned

Not sure whether to post in BD/DVD thread or here, but I guess whichever is fine.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...plans-revealed

Really like that picture of Annie.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote