AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-10, 17:02   Link #1
Arwyn

Looking for some new series

I have been working through my backlog of unwatched stuff, and Im just about to the end (2 or 3 episodes left) so I need to fire up the downloads and start with some new series.

I have started Full Metal Alchemist, but I need a few more recommendations.

PLEASE dont suggest Naruto, or One Piece, I have zero desire to see them, they just dont appeal to me. I know they are hot, but fighting series dont do a thing for me.

Also, l really dont care for tons of SD or silly stuff. Some is ok, tons is right out.

This is the current list of stuff I have seen, stuff I'm watching, and stuff I have already taken a look at and definately ruled out.

Area 88
Asagiri no Miko
Avenger
Ayatsuri Sakon
Bakuretsu Tenshi
Boys Be
Canary
Canvas
Da Capo
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
E’s Otherwise
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Gantz
Green Green
Guardian Hearts
Hanaukyo Maids
Hand Maid Mai
Happy Lesson Advance
I’s
Kanon
Kenran Butoh Sai
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Kita He Diamond Dust Drops
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Memories Off 2nd
Midori no Hibi
Mizurio
Monster
Peacemaker Kurogane
Pia Carrot
PlanetES
Popotan
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Smash Hit
Submarine Super 99
The Melody of Oblivion
To Heart
Tokyo Underground
Yumeria

Love to find a good series I have missed!
Old 2004-05-10, 17:22   Link #2
7thMethuselah

loooong list, lemme see what I can suggest that isn't in it yet, I suppose you only want unlicensed stuff? If you need licensed as wel lemme know.

Gilgamesh (Mystery - Action - Dark)
A very mysterious end-of-the-world anime that left me feeling like EVA and Lain did when i finished it. The ending is alot clearer that those two however. The story : In the desert of Mesopotamia (current Iraq) the grave of the legendary king Gilgamesh is discovered. In it scientists find alot of secrets but then a terrorist called Enkidu penetrates the grave with the event called Twin X as result. From that moment all computer drop dead, the sky is turned into a mirror and society as we know it falls apart. The story picks up 10 years later, the world lies in ruins as Kiyoko and Tatsuya get chased by the Yakuza. They are safed by the mysterious Gilgamesh children who have some weird powers, who offer to help them but then they get attacked by a group of kids that appear to have telepathic powers. What follows is a story that keeps you guessing who the good guys and bad guys are and that revolves around the secrets surrounding tatsuya and his sister, Gilgamesh, Twin X, ...

Gunslinger Girl I haven't finished it myself yet but it's a god anime about 10 year old girls that are completely trained and indoctrinised to be hired government killers. Check it out , it's very different from other anime

Madlax: Only seen a few episodes so far and it appears to be a mystery/action kinda anime, see ep 1 and 2 in a row and you'll know what I mean, don't judge afetr 1 ep since the second one will thrown you completely off balance

Piano Myu is a 14 year old high school girl that loves to play the piano. Her daily life goes around her friends, school and the piano. Then she develops some feeling for a schoolfriend. A slow very peacefull and light slice-of-life anime with romantic touches.

Scrapped Princess : (adventure - fantasy - science fiction)
Pacifica Kasull is the most feared and hated person by the followers of the God Mauzel. Known as the Scrapped Princess, she is the poison that will destroy the world. To avoid being killed by the zealots of Mauzel, Pacifica and her adoptive brother and sister leave the village of Manilin. Her brother, Shannon, is an expert with the sword while Racquel is proficient with magic. At every step of the way, however, someone is constantly trying to kill Pacifica, hoping to somehow avert the catastrophe that is supposed to befall the world on her 16th birthday.

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-05-10 at 17:22. Reason: typo's, it's late and I'm very tired...
Old 2004-05-10, 17:36   Link #3
Arwyn

Thanks, I will add those to the que. I was looking at animesuki torrents, but liscensed stuff is good too. I didnt post that list because it would be very long...
Old 2004-05-10, 18:05   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
Thanks, I will add those to the que. I was looking at animesuki torrents, but liscensed stuff is good too. I didnt post that list because it would be very long...
ok here goes for a few decent licensed ones, chances are pretty high you've seen most of these

Ah! My Goddess : I love this show, especially Urd

Adventures of the mini-goddesses : If you like AMG then you must see this one. It shows our 3 favorite goddesses in chibi form while they terrorise the house rats with all their completely wacko ideas (especially urd )

Ai Yori Aoshi : a very nice romance anime about an old marriage bond once broken but now (trying to be ) renewed.

Akira : a classic (i bet you've seen it allready)

Chobits : Chiiiiiiiiiii, cutest anime girl ever (romance/comedy anime)

Cowboy bebop : space adventure about a couple of bounty hunters, awsome music !

Full Metal Panic : perfect action comedy romance mix, a must see

Get backers : shounen and so funny about a bunch of ppl with special powers and their crazy adventures

Ghost in the Shell : Do i really need to give a descrition for this one?

Great teacher onizuka : ex biker and gang member becomes teacher in a high school, be prepared for some out-of-the-ordinary classes highly recommended

Inu Yasha : you gotta love it (fantasy action adventure)

Love Hina : my personal favorite, for a description see here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13113

NG Evangelion : lemme guess you saw this masterpiece allready, well i don't care, see it again it rocks

saikano : if this doesn't make you sad depressed and cry like a baby nothing will (you insensitive dude !!! ) hehe j/k a VERY dramatic romnce anime in the background of an all out destroying war

Serial Experiments Lain : get ready to see your brain cooked, this one is sooo complex you'll need to see it 4 times to figure it out. (if you succeed lemme know i still haven't) very good anime about the fading borders between this world and the cyberworld

Stellvia of the universe : a surprisingly opimistic anime about humanity working together towards a commen goal to save earth the human race japan and anime Strongly recommended

that's it for now, I probably could mention more but my head hurts and I'm outta cookies
Old 2004-05-10, 20:11   Link #5
Arwyn

Ah! My Goddess : Check! Got it.

Adventures of the mini-goddesses : mmm, might be a little to much SD for me..

Ai Yori Aoshi : Have the first DVD, waiting on the 2nd.

Akira : Got it.

Chobits : Took me weeks to get the opening song out of my head.

Cowboy bebop : Yep, seen this one.

Full Metal Panic : Own it.

Get backers : Havent seen this one, I will take a look.

Ghost in the Shell : Own several copies.

Great teacher onizuka : Ok, I will take a look at this one.

Inu Yasha : Tried it, didnt like it.

Love Hina : Read the manga, and liked it. Tried the first DVD, and felt kind of let down. If anything Keitaro is even more wimpy and annoying in the anime version.

NG Evangelion : Yep, got it. Watched several times.

saikano : Ok, goes on the list.

Serial Experiments Lain : Keep looking at this one, but looks pretty weird.

Stellvia of the universe : I havent seen this one before, I will go check it out.
Closed Thread