AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-02, 12:43   Link #1041
Aaron008R

I don't have screens. But the name of the insect counterpart was 'Hakuten-Oh.' (If I'm not mistaken)

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2009-02-02, 13:20   Link #1042
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Just curious (or rather, more than just curious), was it mentioned, in the novel, Sound Stages or anyway else, about:

1) whether Testarossa was Precia's maiden name? And

2) if she had any known siblings (in canon, not fanon)?

Much thanks =3

Signature by liro
Old 2009-02-02, 22:50   Link #1043
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
How tall is Voltaire and his insect counterpart? I hope you have pictures, if you are counting floor storeys.

And what was the name of said counterpart?
Hakuten-oh's height is unknown.Voltaire's height is about 15m.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:06   Link #1044
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So-so-so short?! I thought them summons would be going for the 30m colossus of SRW mecha!!!

Good to know that Variable Fighters are then the same height as the summons.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:47   Link #1045
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Just curious (or rather, more than just curious), was it mentioned, in the novel, Sound Stages or anyway else, about:

1) whether Testarossa was Precia's maiden name? And
There is not any official info.
But according to the novel,she seems to have divorced her husband.(Please refer to later description)
If it is be able to assume that Mid's custom is resemble our world,Testarossa may be her naturally family name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novel
プレシアは二十三歳で結婚し、二十八歳で一児を授かった。
生活のすれ違いから、アリシアと名づけた一人娘が二歳の頃に夫とは別れてしまったが、幸い魔導研究者は高給 であり、いくらか生活の自由もきいた。
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
2) if she had any known siblings (in canon, not fanon)?
.......Sorry.I can't find any info.
Old 2009-02-03, 05:07   Link #1046
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
So-so-so short?! I thought them summons would be going for the 30m colossus of SRW mecha!!!

Good to know that Variable Fighters are then the same height as the summons.
Yes another case of 7Arcs' inconsistancy at work here. I'm pretty certain both summons were taller than over 95% of the buildings in the vicinity. Mid-Childans must either be very short or they count their metrics differently from us humble Non-Administered World 97 natives.

On the topic of Voltaire and Hakuten-Oh... Any idea/estimate of what their magical rank is? I'll wring your neck if you say "OVER 9000!"
Old 2009-02-03, 05:38   Link #1047
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They fluctuate in size constantly. In one scene they're smaller then the buildings, in another they practically dwarf them.

Best to just accept what the booklets say.
Old 2009-02-03, 06:18   Link #1048
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I know dragons vary their sizes depending on the phase of the fight, but this is ridiculous.

15m it is.
Old 2009-02-03, 08:47   Link #1049
Jimmy C

Are we SURE they're much taller than the buildings?
I rewatched a few scenes with the two, in the scenes where I had thought they were larger than the buildings, you could make a case that they were hovering instead of standing on the ground. So they might still be just 15m.
Old 2009-02-03, 08:51   Link #1050
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I thot we could here footfalls when they tackled.
Old 2009-02-03, 09:00   Link #1051
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Are we SURE they're much taller than the buildings?
I rewatched a few scenes with the two, in the scenes where I had thought they were larger than the buildings, you could make a case that they were hovering instead of standing on the ground. So they might still be just 15m.
I thought of this too, but was unsure to post 'cause I haven't seen it in a while.

Quote:
I thot we could here footfalls when they tackled.
Anime don't obey those laws :3 If they are hovering and slams feet = camera shakes/sound is created nonetheless..or at least, what I believe XD

Old 2009-02-03, 09:06   Link #1052
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
Hakuten-oh's height is unknown.Voltaire's height is about 15m.
Short...

A good number of mobile suits you see in Gundam shows are taller than him! @_@

Well, I guess he just appears massive due to his girth as well... Heck, I suddenly got hit by the idea that his wingspan might just be longer than his height. =_=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
On the topic of Voltaire and Hakuten-Oh... Any idea/estimate of what their magical rank is? I'll wring your neck if you say "OVER 9000!"
Personally, I'd rank him even higher than any of the Aces in terms of sheer power under normal circumstances. (With the possible exception of Hayate. But heck, how COULD we know? We got to see NOTHING of her full power at SS-rank.)

Anyways, seeing as how he blasted tons of drones with a ENORMOUS Dragon Laser Blast, I'd bet he's near (if not at) the top of the ladder as far as modern-time magical entities go. I'll be damned if that Dragon-breath attack doesn't reach (more preferably surpass) S-rank in attack power.

If the producers come along and say he's SSS, I won't have much trouble accepting it. But as for now, I'm keeping the range from SS to SSS. To expect any less from the Big Boss Dragon would be doing him an injustice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
They fluctuate in size constantly. In one scene they're smaller then the buildings, in another they practically dwarf them.

Best to just accept what the booklets say.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2009-02-03, 09:12   Link #1053
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, screeny time then. Here we have Lutecia summoning Hakuten-oh, he actually falls down right behind the building and hovers back up. He's obviously smaller then the building:

Fast forward a few scenes, and even hovering is not an excuse for this massive increase in size. <_<

So yeah, I'm sticking to 15 meters.
Old 2009-02-03, 09:37   Link #1054
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
There is not any official info.
But according to the novel,she seems to have divorced her husband.(Please refer to later description)
If it is be able to assume that Mid's custom is resemble our world,Testarossa may be her naturally family name.

.......Sorry.I can't find any info.
Thanks, JINNSK .

On the height of mega-summons, we can also refer to the Caro-to-Voltaire height ratio, e.g Voltaire's first summoning as well as the time when he flies with Caro in his claws.

Signature by liro
Old 2009-02-03, 10:30   Link #1055
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Maybe they can change sizes?
I mean say Voltaire was much, much bigger then 15m but if you summon him into a place full of buildings maybe he'd shrink himself so he doesn't end up stamping the entire city into dust?

Or 7Arcs just couldn't make up their minds
Old 2009-02-03, 10:35   Link #1056
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Nah, just a simple animation error. In that last screen, if they had left out the buildings further away and had just kept the buildings in the forefront, they'd have come out much smaller as they would have appeared much closer.
Old 2009-02-03, 11:01   Link #1057
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Maybe they can change sizes?
I mean say Voltaire was much, much bigger then 15m but if you summon him into a place full of buildings maybe he'd shrink himself so he doesn't end up stamping the entire city into dust?

Or 7Arcs just couldn't make up their minds
Someone else though on Power Rangers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Nah, just a simple animation error. In that last screen, if they had left out the buildings further away and had just kept the buildings in the forefront, they'd have come out much smaller as they would have appeared much closer.
I think that it was actually an error of the 7arcs team.

I mena, the buildings don't matter a lot, Voltaire and Lutecia's creature can fly after all
Old 2009-02-03, 11:19   Link #1058
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I think that it was actually an error of the 7arcs team.
Which still makes it a simple animation error.

The buildings matter in the sense that they determine the depth of the scene, small buildings closer to the two makes them look larger, while only large buildings in the frame makes them look smaller.
Old 2009-02-03, 12:12   Link #1059
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
This kind of thing happens in other series, too. Sometimes it's error, other times its because the scenery changes and since we judge size base of the surroundings, it makes it 'seem' like they change size (i.e. going from an area with 6-story buildings to one with 4-story buildings). Though then there's also doing it for effect. If I recall correctly, Evangelions had the same issue. They would vary in size depending on the effect the animators wanted to get across. It was said that, based on the buildings, the Evangelions' heights varied from 40 to 120 meters throughout the series
Old 2009-02-03, 23:55   Link #1060
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
If the producers come along and say he's SSS, I won't have much trouble accepting it. But as for now, I'm keeping the range from SS to SSS. To expect any less from the Big Boss Dragon would be doing him an injustice.
Given that Voltaire is not Caro's dragon, but she is his priestess instead (or something among that lines)... I also can easily accept SSS rank.
Closed Thread