AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-29, 02:21   Link #401
cloner4000

now I wonder what you could get to order the foreign copy? The US release for VC 1 had an art book..so we might be able to get the booklet for "Documents of Gallia"..but Selvaria as playable character is just way to nice...
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 04:09   Link #402
Nobunaga Oda

I saw some mention (and resistance) in here about this game taking place in a school? For those who haven't played Mana Khemia: Student Alliance on the PSP (a spin-off of Atelier Iris, I believe), the entire game takes place in a school and is all about taking classes, and the game turned out really nice. That being said, it's not the end of the world, so it wouldn't hurt to wait and see how the game actually is before jumping to conclusions.
Nobunaga Oda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 05:45   Link #403
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Preorder bonus

Selvaria as a playable guest character.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/207/207404/
So she's the guest character they were talking about earlier. But more importantly, there will be a demo of the game for download from next week (2/11) forth on the PSN.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 06:52   Link #404
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
People seem to have short memories around here.
This is new?

At the top of the info page is a mention of an "Endless Mission" (adjacent to the picture of Cordelia in-game). Anyone better at moonrunes than me glean any more details from that?
Old 2009-10-29, 08:14   Link #405
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Preorder bonus

Selvaria as a playable guest character.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/207/207404/
*lols hard at Selveria in Gallian uniform*

Somehow I had suddenly the idea of her having amnesia and somehow ended up enlisting.
Old 2009-10-29, 08:42   Link #406
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
At the top of the info page is a mention of an "Endless Mission" (adjacent to the picture of Cordelia in-game). Anyone better at moonrunes than me glean any more details from that?
It's just a reference that since there will be about 200 missions to attend to in this game, they will seem "endless".

And before people scramble to make their preorder for Selvaria, take note that she will not have Ruhm in this game. Moreover, the preorder bonues will be in limited quantity that will spread out to only a few retailers, so it's not a given that those who preordered will be recieving them.
Old 2009-10-29, 09:09   Link #407
animee1

It's true... I asked to yesasia and they will not have this.

Anyone knows who will be the lucky retailers?
Old 2009-10-29, 12:13   Link #408
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I wonder if she'll be in other versions though? XD

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 12:47   Link #409
cloner4000

Or at least be available as a separate add-on, although no idea how that would work with a PSP instead of PS3..Limited hype like these are really disappointing for those that can't get it...even though the price we have to pay are probably the same.

Think the oversea version might include it? maybe the US or European Sega Inc will be a bit more lenient.
Old 2009-10-29, 13:05   Link #410
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Or at least be available as a separate add-on, although no idea how that would work with a PSP instead of PS3
The PS3 store has add-ons for PSP games, IIRC.
Old 2009-10-29, 19:23   Link #411
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
*lols hard at Selveria in Gallian uniform*

Somehow I had suddenly the idea of her having amnesia and somehow ended up enlisting.
Or the old plot about her being one half of twins, and this sister is the exact opposite of Selvaria: still regal, but more upbeat and optimistic.
Old 2009-10-29, 21:22   Link #412
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga Oda View Post
I saw some mention (and resistance) in here about this game taking place in a school? For those who haven't played Mana Khemia: Student Alliance on the PSP (a spin-off of Atelier Iris, I believe), the entire game takes place in a school and is all about taking classes, and the game turned out really nice. That being said, it's not the end of the world, so it wouldn't hurt to wait and see how the game actually is before jumping to conclusions.
That's a spin-off of Atelier Iris, which was meant to be a cutesy-fun game, in large part.

Big distinction, I think.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 16:29   Link #413
cloner4000

I guess the point he's trying to prove that games set in school can be fun, not particularly set on a specific genre...I mean has anyone figure that exactly what genre to classify it as?
Old 2009-10-30, 21:22   Link #414
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
I guess the point he's trying to prove that games set in school can be fun, not particularly set on a specific genre...I mean has anyone figure that exactly what genre to classify it as?
I understand his point. I'm just extremely skeptical of this concept for Valkyria.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 16:50   Link #415
Key Board
Carbon

Actually, I've heard that this change was inspired by Persona 3

which is actually quite a morbid and depressing RPG, then again that's Shin Megami Tensei for you

another very old example of this is Gun Parade March. They never released the game in the West, but they did so for the anime. Despite it's school setting Gun Parade March always has a looming sense of anxiety and uncertainty
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 17:43   Link #416
Runty

So, I think the demo for this game is out. Anyone care to tell what it's like?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 19:36   Link #417
Moonsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
So, I think the demo for this game is out. Anyone care to tell what it's like?
I can't read or understand Japanese so not really sure on the finer details and some info may not be 100% correct. I've only had a quick go but to me it seems like the same good formular. If you're familiar with the first game you can quite easily jump into VC2 demo. There was a playable tutorial mission and a kind of skirmish mission.

The controls took a while to get use to, I would run towards an enemy press R trigger to enter aiming but instead I have just rotated the camera and I'm being shot at. The square button now enters the aiming mode and also changes equipment while in this mode. The left and right triggers rotate the camera and the triangle and X button tilt the camera. Circle is also the action button for crawling, kneeling against cover and climbing etc

In terms of characters you have the 3 main people (scout, shocktrooper and medic), a sniper, 2 lancers, another shocktrooper, a tank and there might be more, I can't remember. Most of the characters are the ones revealed already. The medic AP is quite short and her equipment consists of just her weapon and ragnite.

The mission is spread across 2 zones. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but the only way I found to travel across the zones so far is by retreating in one zone and recalling them in the other zone. Unlike VC1 when I called reinforcements they appear instantly and you can control them straight away.

I'm not too sure the affect the morale causes. Overall I'm quite happy how the BLITZ battle system has been adapted from the PS3 to PSP. The demo mission did seem rather easy, your troops seem to be able to take interception fire, a sniper with what seemed like a single dot accuracy and the ai was not very adventurous. Will have to try again to make sure I wasn't just lucky. I'm pretty sure the difficulty will change in the real game.
Moonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 19:50   Link #418
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Look likes the Scout Rush is still the main criteria for S-Ranking the mission. I took 6 turns out of 20 to eliminate all enemies on the map before taking over the rally points and the game award me a C. I shall make an attempt for a scout rush to half the timing and see what the game has to say.
Old 2009-11-02, 23:45   Link #419
cloner4000

Is there a place to download the Demo or is it from Japanese PSN account?

Is the medic same role as engineer? or is there no obstacle to clear so we can't be sure exactly yet.

I think it's just for the demo, the tutorial for the PS3 also did not deal any real damage to you. But once you get to three or four if you are not careful you can die rather easily.
Old 2009-11-05, 10:53   Link #420
Runty

A new update was made to the website today, showing a lot of the new roster (though the secondaries don't have character videos). That's definitely Edy I see in the crowd, unless she has a twin sister.

There's also an video of the BLITZ system in action. Looks like they kept all the details from VC1.

The blog also got an update. Dang, I was hoping Edy would come back to it...
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote