AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-05-27, 19:21   Link #17641
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

None of those pictures ain't showing up for me.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 08:22   Link #17642
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Hello guys, i´m planning to make battle-damaged HG 1/144 Cherudim Gundam. Does anyone have pic, where you can see the Cherudim before it´s battle with Gadessa. I want to re-create that scene. Thx in advance.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 10:45   Link #17643
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Hello guys, i´m planning to make battle-damaged HG 1/144 Cherudim Gundam. Does anyone have pic, where you can see the Cherudim before it´s battle with Gadessa. I want to re-create that scene. Thx in advance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKqaUyZqG-A - 3:09

Sorry it's a video but the only place I know didn't have any photos of the cherudim, sorry
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 11:45   Link #17644
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKqaUyZqG-A - 3:09

Sorry it's a video but the only place I know didn't have any photos of the cherudim, sorry
I guess i can work with that. Thank you.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 14:19   Link #17645
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
May I ask what color you used to color certain parts of Throne Eins? Its that dark....greenish color thingy. Its used on most of the Mega Launcher. [as it should be, the default comes in mostly uncolored]
I painted the mega launcher with humbrol's gunmetal and a gloss brown so, i don't know what green you are seeing.

but thanks for the compliment on my models.
Old 2010-05-29, 05:36   Link #17646
DC23

Send a message via Yahoo to DC23
Ello guys, I just finished an AC White Glint...I know it aint Gundam, but a few of you might be interested. Here is the link - AC White Glint ver DC23

and here is a small copy of the wallpaper I did today using a couple of pics of the build
DC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 06:29   Link #17647
JC...
I am a Pie

cool wallpaper. how different are armored core kits to gundam kits?
Old 2010-05-29, 07:54   Link #17648
DC23

A LOT different bro...AC kits are more like HG in comparison to quality BUT is a lot more difficult to work with than MGs coz AC kits has more parts and a ton more seam lines to fix.
Old 2010-05-29, 08:24   Link #17649
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC23 View Post
A LOT different bro...AC kits are more like HG in comparison to quality BUT is a lot more difficult to work with than MGs coz AC kits has more parts and a ton more seam lines to fix.
Okay thanks, I've been wondering for a while, one day I'll try an AC kit, when I'm more experienced, lol.
Old 2010-05-29, 14:26   Link #17650
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
I painted the mega launcher with humbrol's gunmetal and a gloss brown so, i don't know what green you are seeing.

but thanks for the compliment on my models.
I operate mostly HG 1/144 Anno Domini, so when I see alot of nicely colored ones I get impressed, because it falls under the area that I collect......and I would know the difference in quality because I stare at mine everyday. I do not have the time to color all of them yet, only some of them and I'm not that experienced yet in terms of handpainting, only a bit more airbrushing which is much more time consuming, especially for tiny specific areas [especially with applying the masking tape] instead of whole runners.

The green I'm talking about is the lower section under the brown of the launcher. It looks like a strange hue of dark grey green to me. [its not green, but I will always interpret that color in language as a type of green. Don t know why, I'm having problems about identifying it visually among the colors at the store so I can use it for my own Eins]

So, its gunmetal then? I guess I will try to find it then, I really like that color but I cant find the the exact color for years and the Eins unfortunately is by default very barren and needs a lot of painting for the "complete" look.
Old 2010-05-29, 18:02   Link #17651
amurorei83

I found a great site to view completed GunPla! Enjoy
http://www.modelers-g.jp/
amurorei83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 02:22   Link #17652
JC...
I am a Pie

Does anybody own any old 1/144 scale (not high grade) Universal century kits? They're really really cheap and I can get about six kits for the price of one, Aside from articulation are they any good? Or do they look too 'blocky'?

and here's my almost finished HG Masurao custom!
Spoiler for For pic size:

oh yeah, sorry for the picture quality, it's meh, and a bit dark, I should get a lamp and make a light box.

Last edited by JC...; 2010-05-30 at 03:11. Reason: didn't wanna double post
Old 2010-05-30, 05:32   Link #17653
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

After seeing the RD Reborns Gundam, it made me regret ordering the 1/144 HG version. Comparing them both, the RD version is way better than the HG. All the fangs can be deployed(shield, skirt armor and "wings"), cables for the hands in cannon mode and 2 beam saber parts. Why Bandai? Why?!
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 06:29   Link #17654
DC23

I just finished painting / weathering my old MG Wing Gundam Zero Custom today and I am pretty happy with the outcome. I gave this kit some battle damage effects days ago with Hasegawa U type and flat type chisels and also with an ordinary art knife.

I then gave it the sponge paint chipping effects that I also did with the AC White Glint build, however unlike the brown and flat earth enamel washes of the White Glint, I gave this one an ordinary black mixed with flat earth enamel wash. Thus it does not have the rusted old and battered look that I achieved with the AC kit. I will never weather with neutral colors ( black and gray ) next time and will stick to my rust colored weathering. hihi

a little more read and tons of photos in my blog - MG Wing Gundam Zero Custom

Last edited by DC23; 2010-05-30 at 06:31. Reason: adding photo
Old 2010-05-30, 07:33   Link #17655
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
more new pictures for hg avalanche exia dash
http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp...=4543112632784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
After seeing the RD Reborns Gundam, it made me regret ordering the 1/144 HG version. Comparing them both, the RD version is way better than the HG. All the fangs can be deployed(shield, skirt armor and "wings"), cables for the hands in cannon mode and 2 beam saber parts. Why Bandai? Why?!
i wld rather hg to stay that way else the kit will be super flimsy...is not a toy/figurine like RD. plus if you got a lot of stand to pose the extra gn fangs, i got nothing to say.

Last edited by duotiga; 2010-05-30 at 08:30.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 09:33   Link #17656
Sworra

Quote:
I just finished painting / weathering my old MG Wing Gundam Zero Custom today and I am pretty happy with the outcome. I gave this kit some battle damage effects days ago with Hasegawa U type and flat type chisels and also with an ordinary art knife.

I then gave it the sponge paint chipping effects that I also did with the AC White Glint build, however unlike the brown and flat earth enamel washes of the White Glint, I gave this one an ordinary black mixed with flat earth enamel wash. Thus it does not have the rusted old and battered look that I achieved with the AC kit. I will never weather with neutral colors ( black and gray ) next time and will stick to my rust colored weathering. hihi

Sweet work on your Zero and White Glint it must of taken ages or a good amount of time and effort for what you do.. If only i had the time (curse my life, lol) i would certainly would like to learn more of the perks of creating things like you do with your model kits.. Great job looking foward to more of your work.
Old 2010-05-30, 13:17   Link #17657
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:

That is pretty damn awesome. As if it actually took went through it..........
Old 2010-05-30, 14:10   Link #17658
destruction

my just finished RX-78

just trying out the platinum RX78 look....
destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 02:25   Link #17659
JC...
I am a Pie

That's cool, but I'm not really into those sorts of models, they just seem a bit boring to me.
Old 2010-05-31, 07:19   Link #17660
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
bigger images of hguc zz gundam

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp...=4543112632760

a must get i say
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy