AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-28, 12:17   Link #41
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
She still looked 10 times better with long hair though.
I agree and...
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-28, 12:25   Link #42
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Normally I would agree, but I disliked her hair style.
Old 2010-10-28, 12:55   Link #43
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Personnaly, I'm not really fond of the art for this manga (mostly the head and the hair )
Old 2010-10-28, 13:09   Link #44
Flame-X
Anti-fan

I agree about the drama part, although I think it would've been more effective if it was shown 20 chps earlier.

Man I can't for the last 3 chps.
Old 2010-10-28, 13:26   Link #45
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Normally I would agree, but I disliked her hair style.
It was bad, but now from bad it turned worse. It is falling in weird angles. With long hair it didnt fell this much into the eye. The author cannot draw hair well in any case. Juts long hair suited her better and made her look more beautiful than this update.
Old 2010-10-28, 17:48   Link #46
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
I thought it was something so much worse, haha.
It was pretty bad for the characters because they either didn't bloody remember or remembered wrong. Once it was cleared up, it was one of those "oh, that's all it was?" moments lol.

Quote:
Short-haired Mogami looked nothing like Mogami at all, it was like a different character.
Old 2010-10-29, 10:19   Link #47
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
It was pretty bad for the characters because they either didn't bloody remember or remembered wrong. Once it was cleared up, it was one of those "oh, that's all it was?" moments lol.
Exactly! I thought for sure he actually killed the kid or something. And then we had that reversal where Yamato remembered but Mogami didn't...it was quite bad.
Old 2010-10-29, 12:38   Link #48
Johnny
Working the bags...

Actually Mogami remembered it all. She just didn't know what actually happened between Yamato and Mutsuki at the time of Mutsuki's death. Only from what Yamato told her. Yamato was the one with the mental block. They did stretch out the whole incident longer then I would have liked, but overall it was a fun read...
Old 2010-10-29, 13:15   Link #49
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Actually Mogami remembered it all. She just didn't know what actually happened between Yamato and Mutsuki at the time of Mutsuki's death. Only from what Yamato told her. Yamato was the one with the mental block. They did stretch out the whole incident longer then I would have liked, but overall it was a fun read...
Pardon. Instead of "remembered" I should have used "knew" and while it did make for a fun read it just went on too long.

I also didn't like how they went to his island and back like it was nothing. That kind of thing always bothers me though, so yeah.

And still am missing your usually avatar and sig.
Old 2010-12-29, 18:09   Link #50
Kusa-San

93 out. One chapter left and it will finally end.

I can't say that I'm fond of this manga. The truth is I think it's not good at all. It's hard for me to read a chapter but I just need to read one more and it will end !!

About the 93 :
Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-30, 14:01   Link #51
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was pretty harsh. I really didn't think she'd do that to him. Someone tell Yamato to refer back to his harem before going to the airport.
Old 2010-12-30, 15:10   Link #52
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

See this is why he should have hooked up with Shino, she would never have done that!

Tis a pretty bad thing to do really but since we'll get our melodramatic airport scene maybe I could forgive her.
It's a cliche I can either laugh at for the sake of it or like it cause it ends up being very cheesy and sappy
Old 2010-12-30, 15:49   Link #53
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yes, this has never been a stellar and original series but this is... yeah. The airport is used way too much in romances.

Only Casablanca did it right.

I hope her plane left already and she is gone and comes back to find Yamato a boxing champion with a wife and three mistresses.
Old 2010-12-30, 16:36   Link #54
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Yes, this has never been a stellar and original series but this is... yeah. The airport is used way too much in romances.

Only Casablanca did it right.

I hope her plane left already and she is gone and comes back to find Yamato a boxing champion with a wife and three mistresses.
lol if that happened I'd then have to praise this as the best series ever!
Old 2010-12-31, 01:59   Link #55
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Talking

She'll come back to find Yamato has gone into the family business and is a monk running the shrine.

Sorry Mogami, no soup for you!
Old 2011-01-24, 05:08   Link #56
Kusa-San

Finnaly, the last chapter is out, finnally, I can end this, finally Open Sesame is
completed !!!!!!! :

Spoiler for 94:

I'm glad to have end this.
Old 2011-01-24, 07:25   Link #57
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Wow... I can't believe it's over either. Could you imagine following this for the eight years it was serialized!

Spoiler for Chapter 94 (End):

Well, good series. Dragged on at times but it was still a lot of fun, especially in the beginning. I would have changed Mogami and made her more physical, like always beating Danjou up cause that would be been quite enjoyable.
Old 2011-01-24, 11:15   Link #58
lightbringer
M9000

Finally it's over. As is often the case with these kinds of stories, the ending was somewhat abrupt. I would've liked to see a bit more about what happened to the characters later on. After following this ever since the first chapter was scanlated some seven years ago, the eventual payoff was not as great as expected at the start. It was a fun read, but there are two problems with this manga: the drummed up mystery was rather weak once finally revealed, boiling down to some misunderstandings and some amnesia, and the middle part of the manga was stock full of slice-of-life filler mostly unrelated to the central protagonists. I would primarily recommend this for the nice artwork and the likable male lead.
Old 2011-01-24, 11:50   Link #59
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I never liked Mogami. She never once apologized for being such a bitch to him when the only crime he committed was saving her life. I don't understand what he saw in her when he had so many nice options...
Old 2011-01-24, 17:34   Link #60
Johnny
Working the bags...

The author threatened to erase his ass and replace him if he tried to rebel...

It's just me, but Mogami's whole demeanor reminds me of Suzuka. I guess the male leads having identical names wasn't a coincidence...
Closed Thread