AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-16, 21:17   Link #1461
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

What's going on? The crowd suddenly applauded.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:18   Link #1462
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirayamatofan View Post
what's going on? The crowd suddenly applauded.
Live fact checking on the debates what is this?!

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2012-10-16, 21:18   Link #1463
Iron Maw
Banned

"Can you say that a little louder, Candy?"
Old 2012-10-16, 21:19   Link #1464
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Gary Johnson it looking better in terms of balances to my mentality than either Obama or Romney. And in California, one vote tends to get lost in the sea of votes. If Obama wins the state by say two to a hundred votes I might feel bad about it, but otherwise I'll just vote. (I don't trust the President, but Romney isn't any better).
Old 2012-10-16, 21:19   Link #1465
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Yeah, I know how expensive and time consuming it is to go through the immigration system legally.

There's a whole system of quotas where some people languish in Visa hell for 20 years just to get here at times. But that highlights the problems of the immigration system, that it should be reformed, not wasting money on giant fences, etc.

But alas we are getting off tangent here. We know the positions on this issue, and we'll just go on circular arguments per usual.
While certain specifics that can draw the process out longer than the norm are indeed unfortunate there is a little bit of a blessing in disquise with how inefficient immigration into the U.S. can be. We take somewhere like 2 million legals and 3 million illegals per year. Do the math, soon we won't have anywhere to put them. There are no jobs for 20 million Americans now, why would we want to admit more immigrants?
Old 2012-10-16, 21:19   Link #1466
james0246

With 15 minutes left, its hard to see how Obama can reclaim the night. Romney has been stellar tonight. He's still too loose with facts, but he has been quite rhetorically powerful. I wouldn't quite say that Romney owned the night,but he is standing quite firmly alongside Obama, especially in an arena that Romney is supposed to fail in.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:23   Link #1467
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
i think that Obama did a awesome job, he went on the offensive front and hit Romney alot and you combined that with what happen with Ohio. Romney did okay as well but i think Obama got this night.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:23   Link #1468
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Again, Romney doesn't answer the question about gun control.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:24   Link #1469
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
While certain specifics that can draw the process out longer than the norm are indeed unfortunate there is a little bit of a blessing in disquise with how inefficient immigration into the U.S. can be. We take somewhere like 2 million legals and 3 million illegals per year. Do the math, soon we won't have anywhere to put them. There are no jobs for 20 million Americans now, why would we want to admit more immigrants?
How many of those go home for part of the year and return again the next year? Especially the farm hands and fruit pickers. They make rounds from region to regoin where the produce is ripe for picking. Some of that is in the United States and some of that is in Mexico.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:24   Link #1470
Kurohane

Has Romney answered any question directly?
Old 2012-10-16, 21:24   Link #1471
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Has he answered any question directly?
Not to my knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
With 15 minutes left, its hard to see how Obama can reclaim the night. Romney has been stellar tonight. He's still too loose with facts, but he has been quite rhetorically powerful. I wouldn't quite say that Romney owned the night,but he is standing quite firmly alongside Obama, especially in an arena that Romney is supposed to fail in.
Rmoney choked royally hard and got scolded regarding Libya.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:24   Link #1472
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Has he answered any question directly?
All I can say is that Romney went on saying God-knows-what before the moderator had to intervene and ask for a clearer answer.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:25   Link #1473
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Again, Romney doesn't answer the question about gun control.
Yeah, but this was question kinda pointless. It won't win anyone any real points.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:26   Link #1474
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
It's a Pull issue. Many western Democracies are going through this issue (Europe's whole attempt to reimpose borders etc) but that just brings the issue on a wider global scale. How much do the current economic policies advocated affect the countries these immigrants come from that make them SEEK these immigration options. Yes the US has 20 million unemployed, but the rest of the world is also hurting, hence immigration.

Old 2012-10-16, 21:28   Link #1475
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
How many of those go home for part of the year and return again the next year? Especially the farm hands and fruit pickers. They make rounds from region to regoin where the produce is ripe for picking. Some of that is in the United States and some of that is in Mexico.
Good point brought up, yet I still feel that it doesn't bode well for jobs. Even if just making rounds they do come here and take up work. Like I said we already have enough problems with unemployment, I just can't see how more immigrants being able to make it into the country in a more effecient manner would not just further add to the problem.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:28   Link #1476
james0246

Quote:
Has Romney answered any question directly?
No, not really. But answering the question is only part of the debate. Romney has done and exceptional job of attacking the President's record. And while Obama has done an okay job of defending himself, he has a lot of room for improvement.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:28   Link #1477
flying ^

both candidates went off rails on the 2nd amendment
Old 2012-10-16, 21:31   Link #1478
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
both candidates went off rails on the 2nd amendment
Mitt Romney still has the NRA's endorsement.

Old 2012-10-16, 21:32   Link #1479
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Good point brought up, yet I still feel that it doesn't bode well for jobs. Even if just making rounds they do come here and take up work. Like I said we already have enough problems with unemployment, I just can't see how more immigrants being able to make it into the country in a more effecient manner would not just add to the problem.
A lot of our unemployed are city folks. They couldn't pick a stawberry from a blackberry.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:34   Link #1480
GDB

Romney: "As President, I will create 12 million jobs."

Romney an hour later: "Government does not create jobs."
Closed Thread