AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-05, 11:53   Link #381
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I guess I don't really feel Kira developed much because, well, he was always a pretty peaceful and pacifist person. He just decided to apply it completely literally with the Freedom and beyond rather than hesitantly and sadly killing enemy pilots to protect his friends.

On the other hand, Athrun had quite a bit of development with a pretty constant state of inner conflict with things like loyalty to his father and/or ZAFT, his friendship with Kira, the reality of war against the dream of total peace, and so on, so when he finally makes his decision on what to choose, we know he went through quite a bit to get to where he is and became a much better person because of it (yet still has those past demons too, like with his killing Tolle and it still weighing on him a little when talking one on one with Miriallia in SEED Destiny).

I don't really get that feeling with Kira at all.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:06   Link #382
Se7en Sabers

I assume Bandai/Sunrise are glad to have Gundam Unicorn since AGE isn't very successful.

Is it the reason why they have decided to make only 49 episodes and extend Unicorn to 7 OVA ?
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:29   Link #383
Destined_Fate

Let's just move the SEED/SEED Destiny talk to the appropriate thread.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:35   Link #384
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I guess I don't really feel Kira developed much because, well, he was always a pretty peaceful and pacifist person.
So how does a peaceful person ended up becoming comfortable operating a powerful weapon while still being true to his desire of wanting peace?

The answer: There was a change in his character as a result of his experience.

That's character development. That doesn't mean everything about him has to change.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:40   Link #385
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He's not denying that there was development. He's just saying that Kira's development isn't drastic compared to Athrun, and didn't really have to change much.
Old 2012-09-05, 12:55   Link #386
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
He's not denying that there was development. He's just saying that Kira's development isn't drastic compared to Athrun, and didn't really have to change much.
Eh, I think seeing anyone commiting himself to kill is drastic enough.

Last edited by monster; 2012-09-05 at 13:01. Reason: extra b
Old 2012-09-05, 12:57   Link #387
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, basically, there's development, but it doesn't feel that noticeable given it's still who he is, so can be pretty easy to forget that he DID develop compared to Athrun.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:02   Link #388
I Fail at Life

Aint this supposed to be a "Series'' and ''Information'' about the series discussion thread,not a ''Character'' discussion thread. Lets move on Shall we
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:30   Link #389
Destined_Fate

I already said that... This would be better in the SEED/SEED Destiny topic.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:52   Link #390
I Fail at Life

Whole point of my post was bait,to see if anyone would keep discussing it, ''looks at you'' Gerbera.Hence where i said ''Let's move on''
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 07:16   Link #391
Kirayuki

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...new-short-film

Apparently, the Blu-Ray box remaster of 08th MS Team will get a new short film.

Quote:
The Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team original video anime series will get a Blu-ray Memorial Box on February 22, 2013, and the box will bundle a brand-new short film, "Sanjigen to no Tatakai" (Battle in Three Dimensions, pictured [above]). Ichiro Okouchi wrote the scenario, which follows the 08th MS Team (led by Shiro Amada in the Gundam Ez-8) through the jungle zone towards the next battlefront. Just as they approach a bridge, the team is attacked by the Zeon forces from the front, left, right, and the air.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 15:11   Link #392
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...new-short-film

Apparently, the Blu-Ray box remaster of 08th MS Team will get a new short film.
Well it didn't take as long as I thought for them to figure out where to take Gundam after the disappointment of AGE and to no surprise it's more U.C, but I never thought I'd be seeing the 08th MS Team cast again after the finality of that last episode. I'm strangely filled to the brim with anticipation. The thought of the Ground Gundams once again making their way through the jungle with those foot pounding SFX....Gundam returning to the gravity well again (why was like literally 90% of AGE in space anyway? I mean Unicorn episode 04 feels like the only really great ground action we've had from Gundam since like MS Igloo 2) with Zaku machine gun nozzles flaring and the Ground Gundams countering with their 180mm launchers....oh man...to bad it's probably going to be really hard to come by.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 01:59   Link #393
Destined_Fate

If they wanted to fix the disappoint that was AGE than they would make a Crossbone animated works version.

It's even going trilogy with Ghost in the Manga side! So there's plenty of material they can use and they already know that it's very popular. By the time Crossbone and Steel 7 are done than Ghost and Ghost VS Victory will be ready for anime.
Old 2012-10-31, 11:31   Link #394
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Or, before that, remake Gundam F91 into a full series instead of the compact, rushed-feeling OVA movie it is (and include them becoming the new Crossbone Vanguard seen in Crossbone Gundam after too, just to make the connection).
Old 2012-10-31, 15:53   Link #395
Destined_Fate

I don't think F91 remake will do well as a series since the OVA was kinda bad... However if Crossbone did catch on than a remake of F91 into an Ova series or just multiple episodes(The plot really doesn't warrant more than 20 episodes unless they bring all the cut stuff back) could be very possible.

Personally I just want Crossbone because it's awesome and so they'll appear in SRW again.
Old 2012-10-31, 16:09   Link #396
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The F91 movie did bad because it was designed to be a full series, and then the higher-ups demanded it be a movie instead so they had to compress it.
Old 2012-10-31, 17:06   Link #397
Destined_Fate

Oh I know that, they had way too much cut content to fit it all in a movie when it was meant for 50 episodes. However the damage is already done. F91 has a reputation, however Crossbone was able to salvage that part of UC history very well and is still quite popular. So I don't think an F91 remake would be possible unless Crossbone is released as an anime(They could even go trilogy with all the material they have) to garner hype in the Anime sphere for that part of UC. Besides the Crossbone are awesome enough and the concept of Pirates and Gundams in Space seems quite alien to the Gundam fans that don't read any of the Mangas which is a sizable portion.
Old 2012-10-31, 21:47   Link #398
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

A bit of a problem is that if they did make a Crossbone Gundam anime first, they'd still have to establish how it came to be and all, and simply giving a generalized explanation in words probably wouldn't do well (and UC-era Gundam series tend to do pretty well with details), which is why I think a full F91 series, like it was originally intended, should be done first, if not at least, like Unicorn, be an OVA SERIES with a few extended episodes (45-50 minutes each) that could spread out the story a bit, unlike the movie, and help lead into it.

Sort of like how Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, and ZZ Gundam themselves all lead into Char's Counterattack (which itself leads into Unicorn). That's really part of why Char's Counterattack does so well. A lot of it can be focused on itself and such since the relationship between Amuro and Char has pretty much been developed over the course of 2 series (MSG + Zeta), and the general situation with 1 (ZZ).

On the other hand, F91 is its own thing with nothing really set before it (officially) that can be directly linked into it, so it has the disadvantage of TRYING to explain everything within the short time constraint. But, as mentioned, since it was originally intended to be a 50 episode series, plenty of time for such things to be explained, it simply doesn't have that time, so everything had to be compressed, thus giving it a very rushed feeling with little actually explained.

As we saw with the Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam movies, even a TRILOGY of movies of a 50 episode series can still make it feel generally rushed because they mostly just cover what "mattered" from the portion of the series they cover, but they end up losing a lot of the development that leads to various things, hence why some people prefer the original series' over their trilogy counterparts aside from a handful of things (like the replacement of the Guntank and G-Fighter bits in the MSG series with the Core Booster + 2nd Guncannon in the movies, or the inclusion of MS cameos like the GM Custom, GM Cannon II, Advanced Hazel, and Gaza-E in the 3rd Zeta Gundam movie)
Old 2012-10-31, 21:57   Link #399
monster

MSG started with the OYW already in progress. I think a Crossbone anime would do fine with a brief narrative intro in the first episode. State the setting and move on.

That said, I'd rather Gundam sticks with original works for its animated shows.
Old 2012-10-31, 21:58   Link #400
Destined_Fate

They can still connect it to F91, they just wont advertise that as a big thing since Crossbone is strong enough to stand on its own and F91's reputation would hurt Crossbone more than help it. So a mere mention is enough and if Crossbone does well they can "remaster" F91 and span it over multiple OVAs or episodes which will be far cheaper than turning F91 into a full 50 episode series.

To be fair ZZ never came out in the west and wasn't needed to get the most enjoyment of CCA. Hell, most that love Amuro and Char have never even watched the Original Gundam and just know about it from the many games and Zeta Gundam which was hugely popular and is still herald as the best Gundam series to date by many Gundam fans.

Well F91 is already made as a movie. Not much to work with unless they start over completely. Really, they can expand the F91 movie over multiple episodes just fine and elaborate on things and give characters better characterization. However I wouldn't be opposed to an F91 series if it was done properly.

The Zeta movies would have been much better if they were as long as the MSG movie trilogy and it was completely remastered with the new art style. I'm sure many would have gladly waited and paid a bit more for a premium product of such quality.