AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-08, 11:41   Link #321
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhormight View Post
why know when this novel ending ? vol 8 right?
We are all presuming it will be volume 8, but nobody but the publisher really knows for sure.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 17:45   Link #322
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Well that sucks, I hope they get back together since the whole plot of the novel is their relationship, if they donīt end up together whatīs the point? I really wish for a happy ending for the two.
I would say that's how things should be in the end. IMO the selling point here is the development of the characters, especially Kouko. For Banri's case, so far I only saw a shift in attitude between the pre-accident Banri and the post-accident Banri.

But there seems to be another development in Banri's character, which is in volume 6, about his return to his hometown to face the past.

Also, looking at how Toradora went, it's the development of the characters that is significantly felt. Taiga x Ryuuji's relationship is just the consequence of the development
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 17:54   Link #323
findingleo

I'm a big fan if golden time. I've been reading the translated novels and I'm all caught up to what's been translated so far. Any idea how long it will take to translate up to date with the novel? Wish I can read up to vol 7
findingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 17:56   Link #324
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingleo View Post
I'm a big fan if golden time. I've been reading the translated novels and I'm all caught up to what's been translated so far. Any idea how long it will take to translate up to date with the novel? Wish I can read up to vol 7
At the rate I'm going? Not quite a page per day on the average? Several years unless we suddenly get a lot of competent help. I've been working on this translation for over three years now, since the first volume was published in October 2010.
Old 2013-11-08, 18:03   Link #325
findingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
At the rate I'm going? Not quite a page per day on the average? Several years unless we suddenly get a lot of competent help. I've been working on this translation for over three years now, since the first volume was published in October 2010.
Hmm.. from I've seen your the only one in this world actually trying to translate this novel.. lol anyways good job so far..I wish golden time will get as much love as other mainstream manga that way more ppl would want to translate it
findingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 18:14   Link #326
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingleo View Post
Hmm.. from I've seen your the only one in this world actually trying to translate this novel.. lol anyways good job so far..I wish golden time will get as much love as other mainstream manga that way more ppl would want to translate it
Translating light novels is a lot of work compared to translating mangas, and not as fun. On top of that, there are far fewer readers. For everybody reading the light novels, there are a dozen manga readers, and for every manga reader there are twenty more anime watchers out there.

My case is different, though. I got into translating stuff over at Baka-Tsuki as a means to improve my knowledge of the Japanese language. I chose Golden Time to work on because Toradora turned out well (same author). It took nearly three years before anybody else volunteered to help with the project. Even so, having help is a mixed blessing.
Old 2013-11-08, 20:47   Link #327
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

God damn... I think I'm caught in between left and right, so as Banri. Koko pull him from the left and Linda pull him from the right. Which one I should take? It's like one represent his past and the other one represent his present. This is the main setting of the story in terms of relationships, and it's the hard one. Tough call. (So is this the whole "NTR" thing coming for? ) I know the Banri x Koko is the main point of the story, but I'm expecting it for the 'another way'.

Questions are, will he able to reconnect his past-self and assimilate as one? Would he end up either one and reject the other? Or will he consider to get a happy ending with those two? Or in another way around?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 05:01   Link #328
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Questions are, will he able to reconnect his past-self and assimilate as one? Would he end up either one and reject the other? Or will he consider to get a happy ending with those two? Or in another way around?
Whatever girl he winds up with, the only way this story will have a reasonably happy ending, to my point of view, is for the old and new Banris to be reconciled and combined somehow. It's not like the old Banri can be restored separately for Linda . . . even if what Linda feels is real love, as opposed to a complex guilt.
Old 2013-11-09, 05:07   Link #329
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Whatever girl he winds up with, the only way this story will have a reasonably happy ending, to my point of view, is for the old and new Banris to be reconciled and combined somehow. It's not like the old Banri can be restored separately for Linda . . . even if what Linda feels is real love, as opposed to a complex guilt.
Well hopefully she would feel it. And let's hope that this series will get a satisfying ending, right after if such complicated conflict is completely resolved in a good way.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 05:43   Link #330
kira22

when he comes back the memory Banri??
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 05:53   Link #331
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira22 View Post
when he comes back the memory Banri??
Nice question. The teaser for volume 4 indicated that he would receive his memory back temporarily during that volume, but would then lose it again. As for a permanent restoration, who knows? It needs to happen before the end.
Old 2013-11-10, 06:00   Link #332
kira22

Quote:
Nice question. The teaser for volume 4 indicated that he would receive his memory back temporarily during that volume, but would then lose it again. As for a permanent restoration, who knows? It needs to happen before the end.
I have seen Chapter 26, it seems that returns the memory, or a fragment, when it is in the balcony with Linda
Old 2013-11-10, 06:05   Link #333
rpapo

Quote:
I have seen Chapter 26, it seems that returns the memory, or a fragment, when it is in the balcony with Linda
Yes, and that appears to be in volume 3, chapter 3 . . . just a little beyond where the light novel translation is at the moment. I agree with what the manga appears to show, and the manga has not introduced new story elements at any point that I've noticed. The anime is much more liberal in how it adapts the story (adding, subtracting, reordering), compared to the manga adaptation.

If I haven't said so on this forum before, then let it be known that I rarely look further into the story then the next 1-2 pages that I am working on, so I do not consider myself an authority on what I haven't yet translated. I am discovering the story only a little ahead of the other readers.
Old 2013-11-10, 07:10   Link #334
kira22

Quote:
Yes, and that appears to be in volume 3, chapter 3 . . . just a little beyond where the light novel translation is at the moment. I agree with what the manga appears to show, and the manga has not introduced new story elements at any point that I've noticed. The anime is much more liberal in how it adapts the story (adding, subtracting, reordering), compared to the manga adaptation.

If I haven't said so on this forum before, then let it be known that I rarely look further into the story then the next 1-2 pages that I am working on, so I do not consider myself an authority on what I haven't yet translated. I am discovering the story only a little ahead of the other readers.
linda but nothing will happen?
Old 2013-11-10, 07:14   Link #335
rpapo

Quote:
linda but nothing will happen?
What happens with Linda in the end, I have no idea. Nobody who has read the books in the original Japanese has given me any idea yet. All we seem to know, for now, is that during volume 6, Linda will draw closer to Banri. What the final result will be, who knows?
Old 2013-11-10, 08:26   Link #336
Opiagab

Quote:
What happens with Linda in the end, I have no idea. Nobody who has read the books in the original Japanese has given me any idea yet. All we seem to know, for now, is that during volume 6, Linda will draw closer to Banri. What the final result will be, who knows?
HI rpapo i want to ask some questions.

-About in volume 7 at the last party why Koko break up with Banri?
I just read this in the LN `I cant promise with you the future, I cant accept that.

-DO you know the person who hit banri in the bridge using motorcycle?

Thank you and have a nice day
Opiagab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 10:26   Link #337
amrul

Quote:

As far as I have read (up until the newest chapter), the manga keeps all the main elements of the story, and maintains a steady pacing. Some things are simplified though, such as Banri's thoughts and narrative, which is long and deep in some cases (somethimes I just skimmed through it when reading the novel )and description of the characters (of course this one is converted to pictures).

Some unimportant aspects such as the Kouko-knockoff (seniors of the movie research club, described once by chinami) are skipped (this happens in chapter 26 of the manga). But overall, the pacing isn't rushed and not much constraint noticed, since the only constrain in the manga is keeping each chapter to 35-40 pages. In other words, you can still comprehend the whole story with just reading the manga, if you don't really care about the details.

Regarding the last portion of chapter 26 manga (I'll just spoiler it for the time being)
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiagab View Post
HI rpapo i want to ask some questions.

-About in volume 7 at the last party why Koko break up with Banri?
I just read this in the LN `I cant promise with you the future, I cant accept that.

-DO you know the person who hit banri in the bridge using motorcycle?

Thank you and have a nice day
I'll skip the first part since I haven't reached that part yet so I don't know the exact background of the conditions.

As for the person who hit banri, so far it's not yet known. Some speculates it might be linda, since she has a motorcycle (a sccoter to be precise). I read somewhere (before the anime aired) that banri was hit by a bike, but when the anime aired, the first episode flashback shows a scooter. I don't want to speculate so I'll just stick to fact that the person who hit him is still unknown.
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 12:47   Link #338
l.kostas

Volume 3 chapter 4. It is from a Chinese translation. The Chinese translation is up to volume 5.
Spoiler:

About the bike. It was revealed in the novel at the end of volume 6. The novel might have it as a motor bike or scooter, but google translate translated the comment below as bike.
http://keikennthi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-137.html

ふと、二人は万里がおぼれた川の橋までやってきていた。そこで、万里は香子に過去を乗り越えた証として、橋 からの夜景を写メにとって送ろうとした。
 ところが、橋の中央まで来ると、質感を伴ったフラッシュバックが起こった。橋を渡る自分に、バイクがぶつ かり、自分は川へ落ちていく。万里の目には、走り去るバイクの後ろ姿が見えていた。だが、すぐさま川に落ち かけた自分の腕をつかむ。だが、自分は万里の手をはがして行く。そしてもう自分が川に落ちそうになった瞬間 、万里は現実に戻って来ていた。
 ふとポケットを探ると、香子にもらった手鏡が割れていた。アニの車のクラクションを聞きながら、万里は自 分の記憶がよみがえりつつあることに思い至った。
Spoiler:
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 14:19   Link #339
kira22

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Volume 3 chapter 4. It is from a Chinese translation. The Chinese translation is up to volume 5.
Spoiler:

About the bike. It was revealed in the novel at the end of volume 6. The novel might have it as a motor bike or scooter, but google translate translated the comment below as bike.
http://keikennthi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-137.html

ふと、二人は万里がおぼれた川の橋までやってきていた。そこで、万里は香子に過去を乗り越えた証として、橋 からの夜景を写メにとって送ろうとした。
 ところが、橋の中央まで来ると、質感を伴ったフラッシュバックが起こった。橋を渡る自分に、バイクがぶつ かり、自分は川へ落ちていく。万里の目には、走り去るバイクの後ろ姿が見えていた。だが、すぐさま川に落ち かけた自分の腕をつかむ。だが、自分は万里の手をはがして行く。そしてもう自分が川に落ちそうになった瞬間 、万里は現実に戻って来ていた。
 ふとポケットを探ると、香子にもらった手鏡が割れていた。アニの車のクラクションを聞きながら、万里は自 分の記憶がよみがえりつつあることに思い至った。
Spoiler:
I would like to ask questions to recap all
1st: when they will return the memory Banri?
2nd: who was to invest it?
3rd: in vol 6 which speaks of how the memory is coming back, if the memory will regain back his feelings for linda, so how can it be with Kouko?
Old 2013-11-10, 21:54   Link #340
l.kostas

Quote:
I would like to ask questions to recap all
1st: when they will return the memory Banri?
2nd: who was to invest it?
3rd: in vol 6 which speaks of how the memory is coming back, if the memory will regain back his feelings for linda, so how can it be with Kouko?
Because Takemiya puts cliffhangers at the end of each volume, his memory will return at the last few paragraphs of volume 3 and the story continues at volume 4. The memory returns briefly, not permanently and at the end of volume 4 he is without his memories again and decides to be with Kouko. About that scene at the end of volume 6, I just saw that comment. Last time he was at the bridge at the end of volume 1 he had another flashback of when he was at high school with Linda. It seems the bridge has this effect on him every time he goes there.
Spoiler for Volume 4 contents:

Last edited by l.kostas; 2013-11-11 at 08:35.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen