AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-15, 14:19   Link #361
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Ryuuji's eyes are currently focused on Minori. Too bad she rejected him.
yup... that's true... now it's time to see what a broken heart can do...
Old 2009-02-15, 14:21   Link #362
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's also time to see how good the author of Toradora is! Despite everything, though, I find it hard to imagine any upcoming series rivaling the beauty of Toradora. As it stands, it's probably going to be the best anime of 2009.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:22   Link #363
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Yup... if the guy from School days must be roasted in hell, Ryuuji is in Heaven. The author just made an "impossible to hate" young man.
Adding his quirky, feminine, half-insane personality into this, and you have one of the best male leads EVER.

Quote:
And now the healing can begin.

What I think is fairly telling, though, is how he immediately went to see Taiga when he realized what she had done rather than wait there for Minorin... kinda shows where his priorities lie, as other people here have said.

Quote:
It's also time to see how good the author of Toradora is! Despite everything, though, I find it hard to imagine any upcoming series rivaling the beauty of Toradora. As it stands, it's probably going to be the best anime of 2009.
I just wish the production values were, oh, a lot better.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:24   Link #364
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
That's true.. one word to describe Toradora is "Beautiful"... even the sad things are beautiful in Toradora, the way Minori cover her face at the school was really beautiful despite of how sad was the scene... or the way how Taiga realized how much Ryuuji means to her...

I dont know if Toradora would be the best anime of this year, but one of the most beautiful without a doubt.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:25   Link #365
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

@Kaisos

Or maybe because he found it more realistic to comfort an existing friend than a current pipe-dream. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I don't find that particularly telling.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:27   Link #366
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Adding his quirky, feminine, half-insane personality into this, and you have one of the best male leads EVER.
I was thinking was if Haruhi would know Ryuuji... she could forget Kyon in an instant...
Old 2009-02-15, 14:29   Link #367
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
@Kaisos

Or maybe because he found it more realistic to comfort an existing friend than a current pipe-dream. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I don't find that particularly telling.
i think ryuuji is just the type of guy who would WANT to put others' happiness before his, just the way minorin and taiga sorta displayed. he ran to taiga because he realizes how lonely she is, so he'd rather "risk" his chances with a girl who seems to be avoiding him, and go and help out a close friend of his
Old 2009-02-15, 14:29   Link #368
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
But that is a crush and not love. Your heart about to explode in your ears and not being able to have a conversation longer then a few seconds would have meant the human race would have died out a long time ago from high blood pressure, if love was about the doki doki factor.

The relationship he has with Taiga is much more about love imho then his thud thud over Minori.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:30   Link #369
Dop
Mmmm....

BAD TIMING: Scheduling your Christmas episode for the second week in February.

Seriously though I loved this episode. Ryuuji in his suit looking for all the world like some one from the mob, Taiga and Ami with their hair up doing a song, Taiga with Ryuuji in his bear suit was an incredibly sweet moment.

I loved how they used the song again in the end credits - cynically you could say to sell the single which is almost certainly forthcoming, but it fitted so well with the bright lyrics contrasting with the darker events of the episode.

Now we're heading to the end, so hang on tight, I suspect it'll be a bumpy ride.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:30   Link #370
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I was thinking was if Haruhi would know Ryuuji... she could forget Kyon in an instant...
haha i would like to see some anime with a cross over of characters from different series...that would be legit awesome/funny. think of all the possibilities, taiga meets shana meets louise to start things off ;P
Old 2009-02-15, 14:30   Link #371
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
i think ryuuji is just the type of guy who would WANT to put others' happiness before his, just the way minorin and taiga sorta displayed. he ran to taiga because he realizes how lonely she is, so he'd rather "risk" his chances with a girl who seems to be avoiding him, and go and help out a close friend of his
This is exactly my point. At bottom, Ryuuji's quite the realist.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:31   Link #372
typhonsentra

Quote:
doesn't this hold true for ami at the beginning? Ryuuji had to "work" for her, it's just that she's realized how great he is a LOT sooner than taiga...I don't think ami would've fallen for ryuuji either if it wasn't for his personality
Don't they kinda hint she liked him (Or at least was interested in him) even when they first met?
Old 2009-02-15, 14:35   Link #373
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Don't they kinda hint she liked him (Or at least was interested in him) even when they first met?
eh from what i remember, she was just teasing and trying to be the total b*tch lol, and she did well. remember when kitamura dragged him and showed him ami's "true" self, and taiga is just like "wat b!tch, you wanna fight? *slap*"

and (offtopic, buttt)0mg it's my 3 year anniversary since joining animesuki forums w00t!
Old 2009-02-15, 14:37   Link #374
grey_moon

Quote:
eh from what i remember, she was just teasing and trying to be the total b*tch lol, and she did well. remember when kitamura dragged him and showed him ami's "true" self, and taiga is just like "wat b!tch, you wanna fight? *slap*"

and (offtopic, buttt)0mg it's my 3 year anniversary since joining animesuki forums w00t!
Grats!!!

Actually personally I'm still trying to work out what Ami sees in Ryuji. At first I thought it was just to annoy the *beep* out of Taiga, but with her two hints and taking Minori out with her psycho attack makes me think that she is after more...
Old 2009-02-15, 14:39   Link #375
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
This is exactly my point. At bottom, Ryuuji's quite the realist.
Ironic, considering the idealistic facade he has a tendency to put up, which is completely destroyed at the end of Vol. 7, triggering his collapse.

Also, the books do make his motivations for going to see Taiga a bit clearer...

Spoiler for space...:

Man I wish the show had time for these internal monologues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Ami'd be the type to find something interesting, then throw it away when she got bored of it...
Old 2009-02-15, 14:39   Link #376
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
taiga meets shana meets louise to start things off ;P
LOL... that would be a Space/Time Paradox...

@typhonsentra: no... at first Ami think in Ryuuji as a regular boy who will fall with any of her charms (the scene in the vending machine)... i think that Ryuuji's care for Taiga and her "love" for Minori, change Ami's impression about Ryuuji. He wasnt the typical guy who is attracted to the School Idol, and he can leave everything for his "wife and daughter".
Old 2009-02-15, 14:42   Link #377
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Grats!!!

Actually personally I'm still trying to work out what Ami sees in Ryuji. At first I thought it was just to annoy the *beep* out of Taiga, but with her two hints and taking Minori out with her psycho attack makes me think that she is after more...
I brought this up earlier, but what i personally think is that Ryuuji, unlike other guys, see her for who she REALLY is. She's an idol, yes, and a good looking one. She could probably get almost any guy she wants because most guys are just attracted to her. But ryuuji doesn't hold her/see her to be that "perfect" idol everyone else WANTS her to be. The whole everyone thinks she's so mature, and then ryuuji is like u're such a kid...i think that's what she needs too, someone who doesn't view her as a perfect ethereal object.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:45   Link #378
Fran~
floating away...

Yup, in fact Ami thinks the same, she even decided to stay because of that, it was the first time that he has something "normal", she isnt a celebrity, just a regular girl who is often fighting with a palmtop tiger who has a dog as a servant, same dog who is nice to her, that dog doesn't adore her, but still, is nice to her...
Old 2009-02-15, 15:34   Link #379
grey_moon

Quote:
I brought this up earlier, but what i personally think is that Ryuuji, unlike other guys, see her for who she REALLY is. She's an idol, yes, and a good looking one. She could probably get almost any guy she wants because most guys are just attracted to her. But ryuuji doesn't hold her/see her to be that "perfect" idol everyone else WANTS her to be. The whole everyone thinks she's so mature, and then ryuuji is like u're such a kid...i think that's what she needs too, someone who doesn't view her as a perfect ethereal object.
Hmmm kinda the want what you can't have syndrome , but seriously I'm hoping we get a little more insight into Ami.
Old 2009-02-15, 15:40   Link #380
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I wonder why people grossly underestimate Ami's humanity.
Closed Thread