AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-08-18, 05:31   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 460 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-21 at 04:15.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 05:58   Link #2
james0246

This is the current spoiler. It's a little wonky, but still servicable for discussion...

Spoiler for manga...:

...remember, this is an early translation. So, expect some of the info to change a bit in the next few hours...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 06:38   Link #3
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for !:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 06:57   Link #4
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
I don't see why naruto has to be such a whiny brat sometimes. It annoys me how he can be so cool some moments and so emotionally unstable at almost every other. I mean, why would he freak out about Madara wanting to talk to him, it's just all so childish.
Old 2009-08-18, 06:58   Link #5
Ero-Senn1n

It seems a bit stupid that Madara does not capture Naruto. He can teleport with two bodies (Itachi and Sasuke) from a place to another, so why not teleporting to Naruto and then before Naruto realizes teleporting away. He could even teleport to a place where there's a trap for Naruto (like Shika had for Hidan) so that he already wins against Naruto. It seems as if Madara does not want to fight anyone, he just uses ninjas to fight against each other. Madara also has the EMS supposedly, so he could teleport to Naruto and cast a tsukiyomi on him and then teleport away with his body. Madara not catching Naruto right away does not make sense, it's like the evil guy revealing his secret weakness to the good guy in the middle of a battle and then letting himself be killed

The part that is logical is that Madara again is keeping Naruto away from the action, just like he did during the Sasuke vs Itachi battle.
If Madara explains why Sasuke hates Konoha that will again be a stupid thing, since Naruto will then begin to understand what is the problem, but i guess stupid things will happen sooner or later
The good part would be that Naruto will maybe turn against Danzou and finally kick his ass. In the end someone will shit in his pants from the power of the already dead Itachi

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2009-08-18 at 07:10.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 07:21   Link #6
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. James, Hunter just totally made you look like a fool. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 07:35   Link #7
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol. James, Hunter just totally made you look like a fool. XD
Actually I was the one who didn't pay enough attention, I didn't see James made the thread

Anyway finally Sasuke starts walking the talk! Let's prey those Samurai aren't going to make it instead of being saved by some med nin at the last second.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 07:55   Link #8
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by noven View Post
I don't see why naruto has to be such a whiny brat sometimes. It annoys me how he can be so cool some moments and so emotionally unstable at almost every other. I mean, why would he freak out about Madara wanting to talk to him, it's just all so childish.
You telling me if your fathers killer walked in the room. The same man who is trying to capture and kill you. You would remain calm and have a little chit chat? Defend one's self first, then talk. He reacted like any ninja would have. I don't think this is the same as the hasty ninja we see in part 1, but just Naruto defending himself, or nullifying the threat.

could it be so? Sasuke is finally at the point of no return? some may say he already was when cooperating with a terrorist organisation. He did after all attempt to take the life of Kira Bi. I just hope he isn't being controlled, that would give him the means to be bailed out. I want him to become evil, and like Darth Vader, only be truly reconciled through death. I like Sasuke, but at least if he dies Naruto is less likely to j/k
Old 2009-08-18, 08:27   Link #9
darkmaster074
------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It seems a bit stupid that Madara does not capture Naruto. He can teleport with two bodies (Itachi and Sasuke) from a place to another, so why not teleporting to Naruto and then before Naruto realizes teleporting away. He could even teleport to a place where there's a trap for Naruto (like Shika had for Hidan) so that he already wins against Naruto. It seems as if Madara does not want to fight anyone, he just uses ninjas to fight against each other. Madara also has the EMS supposedly, so he could teleport to Naruto and cast a tsukiyomi on him and then teleport away with his body. Madara not catching Naruto right away does not make sense, it's like the evil guy revealing his secret weakness to the good guy in the middle of a battle and then letting himself be killed

The part that is logical is that Madara again is keeping Naruto away from the action, just like he did during the Sasuke vs Itachi battle.
If Madara explains why Sasuke hates Konoha that will again be a stupid thing, since Naruto will then begin to understand what is the problem, but i guess stupid things will happen sooner or later
The good part would be that Naruto will maybe turn against Danzou and finally kick his ass. In the end someone will shit in his pants from the power of the already dead Itachi

idk why you think is stupid thing if naruto know why Sasuke hates Konoha

but dont worry naruto will never believe madara bcuz naruto already know madara is behind the kyuubi attack 16 years ago
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 08:34   Link #10
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
Sasuke is finally at the point of no return?
Is there such a thing in Naruto ?
I mean Gaara was a mass murderer who killed people from his own village and was hated and feared by the people of his own village, and just a few years later he is kazekage who is loved by his people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster074 View Post
idk why you think is stupid thing if naruto know why Sasuke hates Konoha
Because that's a starting point for Naruto to begin his work on returning Sasuke to the good side. Knowledge is power, if Naruto knows what's Sasuke's problem he can at least begin to talk to him, otherwise he can only fight and kill him. You see, Madara is giving Naruto a chance to connect to Sasuke again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster074 View Post
but dont worry naruto will never believe madara bcuz naruto already know madara is behind the kyuubi attack 16 years ago
It's not about Madara but about Uchiha being killed on Danzou's orders, this is the main reason why Sasuke is going against Danzou, against Konoha and now against the whole ninja world order after joining akatsuki and fighting KillerBee.

One thing i would like to see is if Kishimoto will have the guts to touch one of the basic founding stones of his world: the 5-village ninja world order. In most of the stories there are some organisations or people that seem to be untouchable by the story, no matter what happens in the story these basic building blocks of the story do not change, so this makes the whole story predictable. For example i'm quite sure that the 5-village ninja world order will stay in the manga until the end, also Gaara will not be killed, therefore Gaara will be kazekage in the end of the manga. One great moment was when Pain destroyed Konoha, however Kishimoto reverted it back, making it clear that Konoha is an untouchable organization that always exists, it's constant. So the word "revolution" that Kishi used does not mean that there will be something else in place of the 5 villages, but it means that the 5 villages themselves will change. That's kind of a lame ending, with peace and love between ninja villages, but i guess it fits Naruto's character.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2009-08-18 at 08:52.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 08:34   Link #11
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-I think its only logical for Madara to want a conversation with Naruto. After all, by his own admission, Naruto threw a wrench into his plans (convincing a being like Nagato to use a technique seemingly reserved for Madara only). Surely Madara cannot allow for such a thing to happen again with Sasuke, so he is probably looking to see just how Naruto did what he did and then make his own counter-arguments to prevent, let's say Sasuke, from falling for Naruto's Brainwash no jutsu. It makes sense...well, as much sense as you can get in this manga .
Old 2009-08-18, 09:06   Link #12
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
And then someone with insane amount of chakra appears
Any guesses as to who this might be? I hope its either Killer Bee back for round 2 or Kabuto completely controlled by Orochimaru.

EDIT:
or it could be Obito even though i think he's dead.
Old 2009-08-18, 09:08   Link #13
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Seems like everything points out to link Madara and Danzou. Maybe they share Shisui's ability to mind control people?

If that's the case, it would explain Sasuke's bizarre behaviour, as well as Karin spotting that there's something wrong with his chakra.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 10:22   Link #14
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Any guesses as to who this might be? I hope its either Killer Bee back for round 2 or Kabuto completely controlled by Orochimaru.

EDIT:
It's the Raikage.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 11:20   Link #15
darkmaster074
------

Quote:

EDIT:
me to i hope it is killerbee
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 11:22   Link #16
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-I think its only logical for Madara to want a conversation with Naruto. After all, by his own admission, Naruto threw a wrench into his plans (convincing a being like Nagato to use a technique seemingly reserved for Madara only). Surely Madara cannot allow for such a thing to happen again with Sasuke, so he is probably looking to see just how Naruto did what he did and then make his own counter-arguments to prevent, let's say Sasuke, from falling for Naruto's Brainwash no jutsu. It makes sense...well, as much sense as you can get in this manga .
Wasn't it the floatingpokeballinthesky Jutsu that was reserved for pain? And he wasnt exactly convinced of using it, more backed into a corner left with no other option?

But I agree. Naruto's got the mad skillz in making friends, quick preach about write and wrong and even the Emo King turned towards the "light" - so no wonder Mandara wants to know what magic tricks he's been using.

Quote:

EDIT:
Didn't the spoiler say that someone turned up, then say Raikage was facing Sasuke?
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 12:00   Link #17
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I agree with Naruto being stupid to attack a guy who his attacks had gone through multiple times before also if he talks to him for a while it would give Kakashi and Yamoto time to maybe try a sneak attack. Naruto gets too worked up, at least Sasuke has a nice conversation with the people he hates before he tries to kill them.

Also I don't think even if Naruto understands Sasuke's problem he will be able to bring him to the light, Sasuke is the only one so far shown to be impervious to the friendship speech and that was back in Part I he will probably be impervious to the next level of the attack world peace speech. The thing is with Naruto the people he talks to have a similar past to him so he can say I understand but with Sasuke he had his clan massacred by his brother because the village he was raised in ordered it for suspicion of the kyuubi attack.

If Naruto says he understands that then Sasuke will probably bitch slap him with a chidori.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 12:05   Link #18
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
If Naruto says he understands that then Sasuke will probably bitch slap him with a chidori.
-Actually, he knows a lot more about Sasuke's feelings now than you seem to give him creadit for. The very thing Sasuke has experienced and desired was the same thing Naruto wanted to do in his battle against Pain/Nagato. Naruto is no longer taking this revenge and desire to kill someone who killed his precious people lightly anymore. If there is one thing I hope he learned from that fight is that the desire for revenge is so strong that virtually anyone can be overtaken by it, even a peace-preaching Naruto.
Old 2009-08-18, 12:10   Link #19
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I agree with Naruto being stupid to attack a guy who his attacks had gone through multiple times before also if he talks to him for a while it would give Kakashi and Yamoto time to maybe try a sneak attack. Naruto gets too worked up, at least Sasuke has a nice conversation with the people he hates before he tries to kill them.
Last time Sasuke met Madara he tried to chidori him as well. I don't blame either of them for doing that though. Its natural to attack your enemy, especially if they surprise you in your house. Besides if Naruto was really worked up as everyone keeps thinking, we would be seeing Red Chakra Cloak/ beginning of Kyuubi transformation. Its clearly not the case based on the information we have. He just took a shot at the enemy, it didn't work and he moved on.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 12:27   Link #20
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Actually, he knows a lot more about Sasuke's feelings now than you seem to give him creadit for. The very thing Sasuke has experienced and desired was the same thing Naruto wanted to do in his battle against Pain/Nagato. Naruto is no longer taking this revenge and desire to kill someone who killed his precious people lightly anymore. If there is one thing I hope he learned from that fight is that the desire for revenge is so strong that virtually anyone can be overtaken by it, even a peace-preaching Naruto.
I disagree, Naruto did take revenge he knows the extent of his speeches and his persuasive power and knew that by saying he didnt want to kill Nagato then Nagato would kill himself and save everybody.

@Vindi89 The reason he tried to chidori Madara was because Madara said you have to get through me if you want to get to Konoha.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion