AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-05-29, 14:33   Link #301
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

AGGHH!!! worst chapter EVER!!! was hoping shizune stayed dead !!! arrr if kishi was planning on bringing everyone back to life, he shud have just slaughtered everyone lol

Nagato sucked!!! God realm Pain was BADASS but the whole Nagato thing was B****ks!!
Naruto defeating God realm would have made a Perfect ending but now "Madara" is the going to be the main "Boss" .... eff off man !!!!!!

sorry about the mini-rant but that chapter has pissed me off man

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 14:42   Link #302
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Not even Bleach pulls a "oh shi% look everyone died! but we will resurrect him anyway without any proper reason at all".
Oh, bad example... Soul Society Arc was the same... Aizen almost cut Ichigo in a half, Bya-chan was stabbed by Ginji, Koma-Koma was owned by Aizen, Renji too, Unohana had one of those days fixing everybody.

Bleach is the worst example... but i certainly agree with the failure of this outcome.

Quote:
This eposide was worse than Yogi the Bear show.
Yogi was good enough!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
but now "Madara" is the going to be the main "Boss"
He always was... (and Danzou).
Old 2009-05-29, 14:48   Link #303
Prestige

This entire arc felt kinda forced unless you are great Uzumaki Naruto fan (which I admit I am not).

This entire arc in my opinion greatly downplayed Konoha what should be perhaps most powerful ninja village and formidable military organsisation with various ninja clans and powerful jounins and ANBU special forces.

Everyone in Konoha were played powerless and cowardly just to let Naruto shine.

I guess Kishi felt that Naruto was portrayed too weak for audience and decided him to be messiah and big star of this arc. Well Naruto IS main charecter of this series but it really felt forced and lame to downplay Konoha and its ninjas being almost totally useless let Naruto do everything.

Seriosly Pain wiped out entire village (without casualties) destroyed peoples homes and belongings and everyone choosed to just ''Oh its ok let Naruto deal with this! We are too worthless to even defend our homes!''

Aburame,Hyuuga and other clans truely this useless? Also I simply cannot accept how easily Nagoto/Pain decided that is entire life work was false and this mass resurrection/ultra happy ending just angers me.

Now Sasuke and his buddys are heading to Konoha, I wonder if Land of fire ninjas will choose again to cower in fear and let mighty Naruto to save the day...well atleast it should appease naruto fans.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 14:56   Link #304
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

blah...some what bleach like where no one dies :P but I did like that with kakashi and his dad. (dont flameme plz ^^, if you do PM the flame lol) Note: I hope Jiraiya stays dead ><

It suck to live in Konoha around this time, just got attack...and about to get attack again ><
Old 2009-05-29, 15:01   Link #305
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
This entire arc felt kinda forced unless you are great Uzumaki Naruto fan (which I admit I am not).
I wonder who can read naruto without be a fan... or like it at least

Quote:
This entire arc in my opinion greatly downplayed Konoha what should be perhaps most powerful ninja village and formidable military organsisation with various ninja clans and powerful jounins and ANBU special forces.
It's always the same... you cant forget that in every shounen manga there is only ONE hero... Konoha is the same, its forces need one hero, that hero is Naruto.

Quote:
Remember Shikamaru's dad words... we are no match or help in this fight and he is right, we were talking about Pain, not some random cannon fodder like Sand chounins like in the previous attack on Konoha.

Quote:
I guess Kishi felt that Naruto was portrayed too weak for audience and decided him to be messiah and big star of this arc. Well Naruto IS main charecter of this series but it really felt forced and lame to downplay Konoha and its ninjas being almost totally useless let Naruto do everything.
Don't forget... Naruto > Konoha. Everybody was asking for this... Kishi owed us a Naruto capable of take care of things.

Quote:
Seriosly Pain wiped out entire village (without casualties) destroyed peoples homes and belongings and everyone choosed to just ''Oh its ok let Naruto deal with this! We are too worthless to even defend our homes!''
Yes, they were, don't forget how amazing Pain was!. What happen when Hinata jump in?, she almost died. In every Shounen Manga the male lead is the one who fights the bosses and the rest, just watch.

Quote:
Aburame,Hyuuga and other clans truely this useless? Also I simply cannot accept how easily Nagoto/Pain decided that is entire life work was false and this mass resurrection/ultra happy ending just angers me.
In this case, yes... they can beat Hidan or Sasori, yeah... but Pain, that was major league...
Pain's end is the typical from shounen manga, Kakashi told Chiyo that Naruto's main power is his ability to be friend with his enemies. He did the same with Pain. I dont know how the big surprise, since a couple of weeks i read people thinking in this kind of outcome.

Quote:
Now Sasuke and his buddys are heading to Konoha, I wonder if Land of fire ninjas will choose again to cower in fear and let mighty Naruto to save the day...well atleast it should appease naruto fans.
Probably it will work as the manual says: Naruto will face Sasuke and Naruto's friends will deal with Sasuke's underlings.
Old 2009-05-29, 15:02   Link #306
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:

I don't see your point. I mean, I do, I just don't see how it's revelant. Konoha was weak and cowardly when they needed Minato to save them from the Kyuubi? Or when Sarutobi had to fight Orochimaru by himself when ANBU and the other Konoha nin can do nothing but watch? There's been situations like this before, but somehow fighting against an opponent as powerful as Pein makes it inexcusable? Scenarios when one character has to fight and everyone else forced to sit out on the sidelines is common to shounen in the first place.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 15:11   Link #307
pirateninjalover

I've never felt like becoming a member of this site, I'm just the type to sit back and read whatever others say...but this chapter got me mad! Many have probably already said the same things that I will, but whatever...

Anyway I knew this was going to happen (Nagato reviving Konoha), but still this chapter shocked me! Honestly, is it me or is Naruto getting cheesier as each chapter passes? What was the point of this epic battle (except Naruto learning about his father, and the Amatsuki number dropping)? And honestly, did kishi really have to revive all the dead? Dead people should stay dead! gosh its like the Gaara arc all over again! And now we are going to have Sasuke pop up in the middle of the reconstruction of Konoha...this all just seems so rushed and completely retarded...

[Edit] The one thing I loved about this chapter, is that Pain lived up to the title God...its not like everything else he did was ungodly, but for me, when someone revives the dead they are considered God

Last edited by pirateninjalover; 2009-05-29 at 15:24.
pirateninjalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 15:13   Link #308
Fran~
floating away...

Shounen action manga is cheesy...
Old 2009-05-29, 15:28   Link #309
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateninjalover View Post
gosh its like the Gaara arc all over again!
lol one person coming back to life and group of people is not the same...

I think the only ones that should have came back to life, where the one who gotten there soul stolen or what ever happen ....not the ones who got stabed or anything els. (like the frog should of stayed dead in my opinion)
Old 2009-05-29, 16:13   Link #310
klowny
OH NO

i was pretty disappointed when everyone revived
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 16:14   Link #311
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I don't see your point. I mean, I do, I just don't see how it's revelant. Konoha was weak and cowardly when they needed Minato to save them from the Kyuubi? Or when Sarutobi had to fight Orochimaru by himself when ANBU and the other Konoha nin can do nothing but watch? There's been situations like this before, but somehow fighting against an opponent as powerful as Pein makes it inexcusable? Scenarios when one character has to fight and everyone else forced to sit out on the sidelines is common to shounen in the first place.
Yeah, I have to agree here. Pain was just too much of normal ninja to take on. Especially SIX of them. All of which had out of this world powers. Soul sucking, mass summons, and don't get me started on the one man slaughter-house that was God Realm Pain (one of the best villains ever even still.)

I still agree with Prestige on the subject of bad taste in mouth end to arc of course, but everything else was just too good to ignore or downplay the arc much... The weak ending and Nagato's bitchass-ness don't detract from what was done as Pain or what went on in the arc.... At least not too much...
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 16:20   Link #312
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:

Konoha was not useless, If it wasn't for Konoha, Naruto would have never gotten past Nagato's Six paths of Pain jutsu.

Quote:
Seriously Pain wiped out entire village (without casualties) destroyed peoples homes and belongings and everyone choosed to just ''Oh its ok let Naruto deal with this! We are too worthless to even defend our homes!'
No casualties?! Did you not just see the river of souls pour out of Gedou Rinne Tensei mouth? That proves Nagato attack on Konoha killed many. Looks like that group of members who stated Nagato just wipe out a bunch of empty homes and failed to kill people where wrong.

Nagato's powers lived up to his hype by taking out one of the strongest villages.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 16:28   Link #313
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think he was referring to the generic building crushing of his shinra tensei...anyway, I guess I'm one of the few people who liked the chapter, even though I'm not really a naruto fan. While I could have lived with half of konoha dead, it would lead to another one of those weakened states from which they took a long time recovering, potentially dragging the story more than necessary. The arc's finally over, Sasuke's on the move and we'll be getting fresh meat from next week on!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 16:35   Link #314
EscapeAndBreakFree

Hmmm, I do admit I have been disappointed in Naruto lately, which is why I've let it go somewhat and moved on to Full Metal Alchemist.

I was disappointed in the way Pain attacking Konoha ended with him reviving everyone. Suspense for a fight between Naruto and Pain was built up, but it ends with Naruto talking to him. No one can change a person's view on reality by just talking for a few minutes, not even Naruto.

And now Sasuke is on his way to Konoha, yet just a dozen chapters earlier we saw he was going blind. How does Masashi Kishimoto plan on dealing with this? I wonder if he'll make Sasuke permantly blind.

Well, I don't know what Kishimoto is planning, and I am disappointed with Naruto's storyline lately, I don't believe he should die.
EscapeAndBreakFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 16:40   Link #315
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Looks like that group of members who stated Nagato just wipe out a bunch of empty homes and failed to kill people where wrong.
Ohhh Geez once again with that?man just let it go, you and your sidekick already where proved wrong based on how you tried to used what Pain did to idolatrize him. Heck, I’m still wondering how do you have any face to be posting about Pain when he turned from what you referred to him as an "Bad-Ass" , into an Care Bear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Nagato's powers lived up to his hype by taking out one of the strongest villages.
Ermmm. Last time I saw, he was defeated by a member of the Konoha village, so he didn’t take out Konoha, just like Oro tried to, Pain failed.
Old 2009-05-29, 16:42   Link #316
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Ohhh Geez once again with that?man just let it go, you and your sidekick already where proved wrong based on how you tried to used what Pain did to idolatrize him. Heck, I’m still wondering how do you have any face to be posting about Pain when he turned into what you referred to as an "Bad-Ass" , into an Care Bear.
Let go of what? I'm not the one who is wrong.
Instead of typing up another spite post, I advise you to move on.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 16:42   Link #317
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Ohhh Geez once again with that?man just let it go, you and your sidekick already where proved wrong based on how you tried to used what Pain did to idolatrize him. Heck, I’m still wondering how do you have any face to be posting about Pain when he turned into what you referred to as an "Bad-Ass" , into an Care Bear.
Well, if you lok at it from my persective Pain IS still a bad-ass... Nagato was the Care-Bear... XD
Old 2009-05-29, 16:43   Link #318
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Despite all of the negativity going around about it I liked this chapter, it shows how much Naruto has progressed mentally which is as, if not more important than physical growth (can't use a jutsu if you don't know how to).

It seems one of my guesses from way the heck back about Pain's last element was right; Quintessence or Life, or in the Narutoverse; Yin/Yang & Life/Death.

So now Akatsuki's down to just three members; Madara, Kisame, and Zetsu, plus Maddy's little helper bees...
Old 2009-05-29, 16:44   Link #319
james0246

I just realized another failure of Nagato's Mass Resurrection: Tsunade's great accomplishment of saving the villagers (which was the assumption we were all under) has now been reduced to nothing. Good job Kishimoto you just regulated Tsunade's one success to a position of failure and proved, yet again, that women are ultimately worthless in the Narutoverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Despite all of the negativity going around about it I liked this chapter, it shows how much Naruto has progressed mentally which is as, if not more important than physical growth (can't use a jutsu if you don't know how to).
While I hate Naruto's answer and Nagato's acceptance of said answer, I do have to admit that I loved Naruto "forgiving" Nagato. That was truly a great moment. Too bad it had to be ruined...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 16:46   Link #320
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I just realized another failure of Nagato's Mass Resurrection: Tsunade's great accomplishment of saving the villagers (which was the assumption we were all under) has now been reduced to nothing. Good job Kishimoto you just regulated Tsunade's one success to a position of failure and proved, yet again, that women are ultimately worthless in the Narutoverse.
No.... Just 90% of the women characters... Chiyo and Sakura both took out Sasori.... And Tayuya did well as a Sound Nin, not to mention Temari... that stuff still counts as something...