AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-01, 23:43   Link #221
4Tran

Most of the Twelve Kingdoms story arcs are unrelated to the rest, so the actual order of making the anime isn't all that important. The Kyou story, for example, took place some 90 years before Yoko steps into the Twelve Kingdoms, so it could have been told at any time.
Old 2008-04-03, 04:56   Link #222
blewin

I'm just disappointed that the anime doesn't continue with the black Kiri's arc, as it involves the other Kingdoms, but then the writer never gets to finish it, which probably is more depressing....
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 22:50   Link #223
carmolita

The anime isn't cancelled just on Hiatus until the author fuyumi ono finishes takas and that's according to NHK website, but she just did a 90 page short story in yom yom for 12k...which i'm excited about...she did an interview not to long ago with ANN and said that their will be more 12k..I just hope she finishes soon...afterall she is not known to be a very fast writer..The novel is on a cliff hanger too everyone want's to know what happend to taiki and guyson-their are many japanese websites(fan sites) dedicated to the series...The short story she publised is about the 3 previous queens of kei including yo -o.. and goes more into that situation.

当初のアニメ放映予定
The original schedule of broadcasting Twelve Kingdoms anime

the first year  39episodes
1「月の影 影の月」「Tsuki no kage kage no Umi」  Youko's story     
2「風の海 迷宮の岸」+「魔性の子」「Kaze no Umi Meikyuu no Kishi」+「Mashou no Ko」  Taiki's story
3「風の万里 黎明の空」 「Kaze no banri Reimei no Sora」 Youko's story

the second year  39episodes
4「東の海神 西の滄海」+「漂泊」 「Higashi no Wadatsumi Nishi no Soukai」+「Hyouhaku」  Rokuta and Shouryuu's story
5「図南の翼」 「Tonan no Tsubasa」 Kyou-Ou  Shushou's story
6「黄昏の岸 暁の天」 「Tasogare no Kishi Akatsuki no Sora」  (already published +hitherto unpublished) Youko and Taiki's story
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 04:14   Link #224
Moonbase

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
The anime isn't cancelled just on Hiatus until the author fuyumi ono finishes takas and that's according to NHK website...
I want to believe this so badly but just the sheer amount of time that has passed makes a sequel seem completely unlikely to me. Also, I don't know if it would even be the same anime anymore; the original cast and crew are probably doing other things now.

Yet I still hope...
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 14:10   Link #225
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Anyone know what the song Suzu sings in episode 23(around 5:45) is called? I know it's very old (and was in The Mikado of all things). I can't find out what the song is called anywhere. Is it a song with no name? I'd like to find a recording that isn't from the Mikado.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 22:50   Link #226
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Anyone know what the song Suzu sings in episode 23(around 5:45) is called? I know it's very old (and was in The Mikado of all things). I can't find out what the song is called anywhere. Is it a song with no name? I'd like to find a recording that isn't from the Mikado.
According to one fan site,
Quote:
The song Suzu sings is a very old Japanese song. Miya-san is actually a Japanese emperor from long ago.
but I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the name of the song or anything.

Myself, I'm also interested in the "little doll" song the princess sings all the time. Is it also a traditional song?
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 22:58   Link #227
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbase View Post
I want to believe this so badly but just the sheer amount of time that has passed makes a sequel seem completely unlikely to me. Also, I don't know if it would even be the same anime anymore; the original cast and crew are probably doing other things now.
The key to the crew is Kobayashi Tsuneo, and he made the Emma shows just last year, and the cast members are still relatively active, so that shouldn't be a major issue. The time since Twelve Kingdoms ended is probably the bigger impediment, but that's all moot unless Fuyumi Ono writes more books. The last I heard, she was concentrating on Ghost Hunt, so it may be a while before there's any news on this front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
The name of the song is "Tokoton Yare-Bushi", and I believe that the Gilbert and Sullivan version is just a shortened form of the original. You can read more about it here (under the name Miya-san), or you can search under トコトンヤレ if you're interested in something more authentic. By the way, it dates back to the Meiji Restoration, so it's only about 140 years old.

Shoukei's song is probably an original work; which makes sense since she's not very likely to know any traditional Japanese music .
Old 2008-05-09, 10:37   Link #228
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Thanks 4tran, other than the intial link you gave out the only thing I've managed to turn up (searching through Japanese no less :P) is midi versions. If there's a nice mp3 version of the song it's eluded me thus far. Anyone with Japanese know where to look for a nice rendition of the song?

The really anoying thing is that I haven't turned up anything in wikipedia or youtube. Is it that obscure? I mean their are clips from the Gilbert and Sullivan renditions, which i would have thought to have been pretty obscure.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 12:34   Link #229
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbase View Post

Yet I still hope...
It'll be a loooong wait for new material 12 kingdoms is low on fuyumi's list. She's finishing other works first, aswell as starting a new one, before returning to twelve kingdoms. Though she does plan to get back to it at 'some point'. And those were her exact words, 'some point'

That said, i have to agree, given the length of time thats gone by it would be weird with a new cast. This could only really work if they got the original cast together.

However, they created enough of their own stuff for the first series anyway, so i don't see why they can't continue pulling stuff out their rears, and make another season
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 15:32   Link #230
yma981
Arigatou Gozaimasu

Question will they produce a sequel for 12 Kingdoms???

Hey guys

I have really enjoyed 12 kingdoms, it is one of my favorite anime. You the story isn't finished yet, Fuyumi Ono is still going to publish many novels to continue the story.

My question is: Will there be a new 12 kingdoms anime soon? Any information will be sufficient really guys i am eager to know any information available. I am optimistic that i will hear good news.

Regards
yma981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 16:32   Link #231
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Did you read the thread, or even the posting above yours, before asking this question? This issue has been discussed about a gazillion times before. There is no evidence that there will be any more episodes of Juuni Kokki for quite some time to come if ever.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 17:45   Link #232
yma981
Arigatou Gozaimasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Did you read the thread, or even the posting above yours, before asking this question? This issue has been discussed about a gazillion times before. There is no evidence that there will be any more episodes of Juuni Kokki for quite some time to come if ever.
Hey SeijiSenei I know it is discussed many times in this thread but when I searched for the "12 kingdoms" i couldn't find anything related to my question so i made a new thread that was merged with this one later on.
yma981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 18:22   Link #233
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
The anime isn't cancelled just on Hiatus until the author fuyumi ono finishes takas and that's according to NHK website, but she just did a 90 page short story in yom yom for 12k...which i'm excited about...she did an interview not to long ago with ANN and said that their will be more 12k..I just hope she finishes soon...afterall she is not known to be a very fast writer..The novel is on a cliff hanger too everyone want's to know what happend to taiki and guyson-their are many japanese websites(fan sites) dedicated to the series...The short story she publised is about the 3 previous queens of kei including yo -o.. and goes more into that situation.

当初のアニメ放映予定
The original schedule of broadcasting Twelve Kingdoms anime

the first year  39episodes
1「月の影 影の月」「Tsuki no kage kage no Umi」  Youko's story     
2「風の海 迷宮の岸」+「魔性の子」「Kaze no Umi Meikyuu no Kishi」+「Mashou no Ko」  Taiki's story
3「風の万里 黎明の空」 「Kaze no banri Reimei no Sora」 Youko's story

the second year  39episodes
4「東の海神 西の滄海」+「漂泊」 「Higashi no Wadatsumi Nishi no Soukai」+「Hyouhaku」  Rokuta and Shouryuu's story
5「図南の翼」 「Tonan no Tsubasa」 Kyou-Ou  Shushou's story
6「黄昏の岸 暁の天」 「Tasogare no Kishi Akatsuki no Sora」  (already published +hitherto unpublished) Youko and Taiki's story

华胥之幽梦

so what is this story arc about?

edit: Just read the first chapter of the Kyou-Ou and does that girl have ballz. I hope she gets more story time later.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2009-06-24 at 16:37.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 12:58   Link #234
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

Hey,
I was wondering which book volumes did the anime cover, does anybody know?
Is it just 1 and 2? Coz, I gotta buy the 3rd volume then =)
Cai Calamigarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 15:45   Link #235
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai Calamigarde View Post
Hey,
I believe the anime covers the first three volumes. May include a little bit of the fourth, though i'm not 100% sure on that one.
Old 2009-06-24, 16:12   Link #236
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai Calamigarde View Post
Hey,
Looking at the episode titles it seems that the final arc of the anime (episodes 41-45) handled the third book although I have no idea how faithful the anime is compared to the book.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 16:19   Link #237
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Looking at the episode titles it seems that the final arc of the anime (episodes 41-45) handled the third book although I have no idea how faithful the anime is compared to the book.
There's quite a big change with the first book compared to the first 12/13 episodes, though it's a change that works well for the adaptation. Nothing to do with the manga story, just an add-in that helps the viewers.
Old 2009-06-24, 17:45   Link #238
TCman

I wish there are more of the Twelve Kingdoms anime, since it's one of my favorite anime series for a long time. Youko is maybe one of the best character/female protagonist as a young Empress in an anime series. It's also kind of shame that the novel is on hiatus for a long time (well, the novel series is still unfinished).

It will be awesome if the story goes further in a mini arc with Youko going back to the "real world" for a short period to see what's changed (e.g. to see her "parents"); it would be very interesting to see how Youko react to things and people after she has become an Empress in the real world in comparison with the time when she's just a normal girl.

Actually, I want to see a live-action Twelve Kingdoms movie (maybe trilogy) in, lets say, "Lord of the Rings" quality (the "immense army' feel and the awesome CGI, well at that time) or "Hero" quality (for the costumes and atmosphere); of course with proper casting, not with those cheap costumes.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 17:58   Link #239
carmolita

The last arc was suppose to cover the TAKAS novels in the 12k series, but even the second half of TAKAS is unfinished I've been waiting for years. fuyumi Ono is suppose to of done a short story since then in one of the Japanes magazines. ANN did a interview with her about a year ago and asked her if she was going to finish the series and she said yes.., but didn't say when-at the time she was still doing Ghost Hunt... She is a horror story writer so to write a novel(not manga) of this type was unexpected for her.. However I take comfort in knowing that- nothing in the anime was alterd without her consent.. And if they didn't make the changes they did- the story would of become boring and difficult to tell..
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 23:16   Link #240
FateAnomaly

Really like the anime. Disappointed when i realise it is not going to be complete. Even if the novel does end, the anime will forever be in limbo.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote