AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-05, 18:22   Link #181
endy
aka kami

well its seems that episode 4 has alot of puns so you'll be able to see alot of kilgamayan's anecdotes anyway.
endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 20:31   Link #182
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

I'm not sure saying "at least we're not as bad as so-and-so subber" is really something to be *proud* of, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, everyone I've shown this to, Christian or not, thought that throw-away line was hilarious. The first time I saw it, I actually thought it was a translation of something said/printed in the show (like the police lines tape in Choco Sis). Perfect timing.

It was the eyecatch lines about balls that got more "meh"
Well see, that's what I didn't like, is when commentary can be confused with the original material, but ah well...

The Christian Anime thing actually made me just think "wtfbbq?" at first since Japan is 94% non-Christian, then I realized it was actually a humorous reference. But then, I'll admit I tend to take things literally. But that's another thing that can be jarring, is if you are watching something for Japanese humor, and an inserted Western gag shows up that's out of place.

Okay, so I'm a cranky old fart...

I'll stop bitching now...I don't want to ruin the fun for those who are enjoying the show (and/or working on subbing it), that was never my intent.
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 15:09   Link #183
Kilgamayan
Ow! My nutbladder!
*Fansubber

Sorry about Episode 4 being so slow, Hiro was shitsick for over a week and only recently has he come off of it. He should be done this week.

Anyway, I have a (rather large) request for some of you - specifically, those of you following the raws. Shintani is going to take on Kamichama Karin in April, and it is highly likely Hiro will swing his TL efforts over to that. The problem is that this show will most certainly not be done by the time April rolls around, and so we'll be working on both at the same time.

As such, I would like to ask if anyone here who watches the raws feels confident enough in their skills and able enough in their schedule to partially take over for Hiro once Kamichama Karin starts. I'm not necessarily asking for a full-on TL effort with grabbing all of the puns and such (but if you can do that then you're welcome to do so), but rather just a bare bones kind of thing. Hiro fully expects KK to be a lot easier than Hidamari, and will thus be able to devote some time to look over your script. He'll catch puns and whatnot for you. It'll be something between a TL check and an edit job, I imagine. This way we'll be able to work on Kamichama Karin without Hidamari Sketch slowing down.

I fully understand anyone here who would not want to undertake this task for any reason they may have, which is why I am asking a month prior so as to give myself time to look elsewhere if necessary.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 17:15   Link #184
Jiji
*Scanlator

Oh man...much as I'd love to, I just don't understand enough of it to be of any help at all. I think you're wise to start asking for this now, tho. Lordy, I hope someone can help with this.

This sucks. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and spend the money on an actual japanese class at the Uni.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 18:10   Link #185
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm usually lucky if I properly *hear* more than 70% to transcribe ... much less translate without a lot of consulting of books (despite the gag of "know 50 phrases and you've got most of anime covered").

I'm hoping to be able to open shop in about six more months though (at least to take a stab at a simple production).
Old 2007-03-08, 09:11   Link #186
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

: o

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 10:46   Link #187
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Riker wins the thread for bringing me Yoshinoya goodness.
Old 2007-03-08, 10:53   Link #188
FireChick

The subbers for Hidamari Sketch are going to do Kamichama Karin.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 11:14   Link #189
Jiji
*Scanlator

Read the thread, please. The subbers themselves have already posted this, and it's even on this page. It's not that hard to read first.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 12:10   Link #190
endy
aka kami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post

sweet, two more yoshi images for the website's banner!
Old 2007-03-08, 13:33   Link #191
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan View Post
Sorry about Episode 4 being so slow, Hiro was shitsick for over a week and only recently has he come off of it. He should be done this week.

Anyway, I have a (rather large) request for some of you - specifically, those of you following the raws. Shintani is going to take on Kamichama Karin in April, and it is highly likely Hiro will swing his TL efforts over to that. The problem is that this show will most certainly not be done by the time April rolls around, and so we'll be working on both at the same time.

As such, I would like to ask if anyone here who watches the raws feels confident enough in their skills and able enough in their schedule to partially take over for Hiro once Kamichama Karin starts. I'm not necessarily asking for a full-on TL effort with grabbing all of the puns and such (but if you can do that then you're welcome to do so), but rather just a bare bones kind of thing. Hiro fully expects KK to be a lot easier than Hidamari, and will thus be able to devote some time to look over your script. He'll catch puns and whatnot for you. It'll be something between a TL check and an edit job, I imagine. This way we'll be able to work on Kamichama Karin without Hidamari Sketch slowing down.

I fully understand anyone here who would not want to undertake this task for any reason they may have, which is why I am asking a month prior so as to give myself time to look elsewhere if necessary.
I might be able to catch a rough 70% of it, ruling out puns and whatnot. If you can't get better than that, give me a call.

Oh, I might as well add that I've been scanlating manga for some time, but of course, it's a lot easy to read what you need to translate than actually having to listen to it (mainly because of bad audio >.>)

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2007-03-08 at 14:26.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 02:20   Link #192
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
Well, on a more useful part, Episode 8 summary + thoughts is up...
saved my ass again ~ a bit thanks

Yoshinoya sensei...is she matching mikuru in moeness? O.o a bit further and i can class Yoshinoya as made from 110% pure moe

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 01:18   Link #193
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Riker wins the thread for bringing me Yoshinoya goodness.
Oh yes, how very true.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 11:08   Link #194
masama
use the fōrks ~

ep9 was definitely one of the funniest episode thus far
Spoiler:
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 11:42   Link #195
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Spoiler for trivia for episode 7:
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 15:40   Link #196
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
sweet, two more yoshi images for the website's banner!
Two more! Don't let him fool you. He's just posting the same image (with minor variations) over and over again.

Quote:

Quote:
I have a new favourite character. : o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Hopefully, something new:

2751x3506, 3506, 1.9 MB
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 01:18   Link #197
endy
aka kami

Yeah but I couldn't use the first one because miyako and yuno would screw up the cropping!
Old 2007-03-12, 04:18   Link #198
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
Yeah but I couldn't use the first one because miyako and yuno would screw up the cropping!
Oh! I get it. I thought he was just in love with her.

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 05:17   Link #199
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I am. : o

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 02:22   Link #200
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
ep9 was definitely one of the funniest episode thus far
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen, shaft, slice of life