AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-19, 16:57   Link #801
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
Be warned though, the first episode is really boring (wich was done on purpose[I think ]).
Old 2014-12-19, 17:54   Link #802
Dextro
He Without a Title

I guess I owe an apology to KyoAni and Gatoh Shoji: I was kinda sceptical during the first 2 or 3 episodes that this show wasn't going to be a disappointment like most recent KyoAni shows have been but then the show clicked with me and it's been one of my favourites of the season. This particular combination never fails to deliver for me. Full Metal Panic, Hyouka and now this makes it 4 for 4. In Gatoh we trust indeed.
Old 2014-12-19, 19:17   Link #803
com_gwp

^That's awfully positive of you. For what amounted to the dream team at Kyoani, Amagi has left me awfully disappointed. It's part of a larger problem I have with all the recent Kyoani shows except for Hyouka; I didn't feel like I got anything out of it in the end. A couple of episode did show the real potential of the force behind it (Soccer and Pirate episodes, for entirely opposite reasons) but otherwise, Amagi has been so middling that I cannot possibly surmount any feelings of love or hate for it.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 19:39   Link #804
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Someone tell me why their total visitor count was 500003?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 19:40   Link #805
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Someone tell me why their total visitor count was 500003?
The 3 kids that enabled the 500.000 visitors, then their respective mothers rushing to take them back.
Old 2014-12-19, 19:40   Link #806
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No, that's not the last episode. The preview made it clear there is another episode next week.
Really next week, or maybe a dvd/blu-ray extra? I've seen shows before do a trailer for an Ep. 13 which didn't come out until a later physical release, so I suspect that'll be the case here. Guess we won't know until next week?

I wasn't at all surprised that the guy who wanted to shut down the park was the evil wizard who cursed Latifa, as that seemed pretty obvious. If there ever is a second season that's one thing I'd hope to see finally resolved.

As for any of the romantic relationships, well, I don't know where that goes in the original material, and I get the feeling KyoAni are scared of resolutions, as they're monumentally bad at resolving romantic relationships at all, maybe in case the fanbase goes wild on the "My waifu is no longer pure!" nonsense.

Would definitely watch more though, as I think it's one of the most fun shows KyoAni have done for a while!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 19:44   Link #807
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The 3 kids that enabled the 500.000 visitors, then their respective mothers rushing to take them back.
Seems legit.

They also run pretty fast if they made it in less than a minute.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 19:47   Link #808
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Seems legit.

They also run pretty fast if they made it in less than a minute.
I don't think they did get in before the time limit. Rather, everyone were just celebrating and the visitor counter was still running and counted the 3 mom.
Old 2014-12-19, 20:54   Link #809
HandofFate

Its kind of silly.
Like almost half of the 500,000 'visitors' weren't really park visitors.
Whoever wrote up the contract should have put a better clause in against just having random people walk in it for 5secs.

Why didn't they just have 1 person leave and enter the park 500k times.
Old 2014-12-19, 20:58   Link #810
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Why didn't they just have 1 person leave and enter the park 500k times.
That's kinda like fraud though. Doing the "why don't the staff just go around 500000 times?" thing is the same.
Old 2014-12-19, 21:04   Link #811
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

the supervisor was there, he would not allow it, and throughout the year maybe it just didn't cross their mind
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 21:08   Link #812
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering Chris Tucker meddling, it would be caught at some point.
Amaburi was arguably not a popular amusement park to begin with, so I really doubt Chris wouldn't realize something is odd if the park manages to reach 300000-400000 visitors over the year without any drastic change.
Having few "extra" visitors times to times would not be enough to compensate the visitors number, and having large number of fake entries would put them at risk of being busted by the Amagi commitee.

That's also why I let slide that only Dornell ordered a Pizza while they "theorically" could order a pizza from several companies: that's pushing your luck if coincidentally dozens of pizza deliver boys show up the very same day at an amusement park.
Whereas having your acquaintances/friends showing up wouldn't be that odd, even if it that late at night.

Also, remember that doing so would not fix their main problem: they need humans' joy to get Animus. Cheating the visitor counter would lead them nowhere and Chris knows that full well.
Old 2014-12-19, 21:56   Link #813
SQA

I find a rather nice bit of joy in knowing that "Chris Tucker" is a villain.

And now I have "Lee! Lee!" stuck in my head.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 22:14   Link #814
HandofFate

And getting like 150k or so people to just pass thru the park on the way to the stadium doesn't seem as fraudulent?
Old 2014-12-19, 22:17   Link #815
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
And getting like 150k or so people to just pass thru the park on the way to the stadium doesn't seem as fraudulent?
No, it doesn't. They can pass it off as advertising as long as they are only charging them for admission to the stadium/soccer game and not the park.

I have a question about Latifa's curse. Is it constantly feeding/draining her animus, or does it only drain her Animus that one day a year?
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 22:17   Link #816
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
They could put a counter in the gate of that side and it would be ok, I don't see that as something fraudulent
Old 2014-12-19, 22:23   Link #817
rulfo

Quote:
They hosted the games themselves. They were the sponsors. It's like advertising. You go appeal to new audiences aside from your own. You increase the size of your clients. So it's not fraudulent.

Also it's not 150k. They managed to get almost 55k for the whole day. They sold off the south area with the stadium so they can't host another one like it. But it solves their debt issues.

In the end you look at it this way. Sure they could have cheated and things would've been easier for the meantime. In the long run what you cheated gets back to you. You're not productive. There's no growth. You just delayed the problems that you already have and quite possibly piling them all up. In the end, you'd go and do the things you should have done right from the very beginning and waste a lot of time. They don't have the leisure of wasting any more time which also equates to money since they were in debt/in the red.
Old 2014-12-20, 00:27   Link #818
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
I have a question about Latifa's curse. Is it constantly feeding/draining her animus, or does it only drain her Animus that one day a year?
It's constantly draining her, hence her fainting spells and such. In the LN it also has rendered her blind. But apparently a large enough influx of animus at one time can temporarily shield her from some of the effects such as what happened to allow her to retain her memories and not have her age reset at the designated moment. (I don't believe the curse was entirely broken unfortunately.)

I find it interesting that the evil schmuck made a point of saying how he liked to feed on their despair. Really supports the thought that maybe he was behind the Maple Country dragon attack to instill just that sort of emotion in all...then the taking of their princess whom he'd probably have debased to cause even more...ad nauseum.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 05:59   Link #819
Tenzen12

This episode felt rather cheese to me and that three as Asspull... but tsundere Kanie was nice and I can't say I feel bad about Amagi part at all. It was fun ride.

PS: Why just three employers didn't take paid vacation to enjoy fun in theme park?
Old 2014-12-20, 06:14   Link #820
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This totally felt like a last episode, so I'm wondering what's going to happen in the next one. Probably just random mascot hijinks and some shiptease.

This episode was pretty cheesy, but it worked. Amaburi's strength is in its characters rather than its plot anyway, so it's fine.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance