AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-30, 15:46   Link #101
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well maybe, but really the point is that the WG will find out about her connection to Luffy, which would put her into a whole world of trouble to begin with. The nobles being aware of her past is more like icing on the cake, you can say.......
If that happens, there are many possibilities. Kuja as a whole can decide to go against the WG to defend their leader. Kuja may join powers with other countries controlled by the Revolutionaries, which would make them a part of a bigger organization that may make WG to pause and think twice before acting against Kuja.

But, with this fight, there should be other countries that will be put under risk, such as the mermen island. I am really glad that we have a lot of possibilities ahead of us.
Old 2009-09-30, 16:15   Link #102
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
WTF at guys calling boa names if you guys saw the pics you would know that luffy was dead . He try to attack smoker and got own like usual cause he can't hit him. If was not for boa luffy would be dead right now.

She went to war for him , she hell not going to watch him die.
That's just too bad. This is war, and you can't expect to have people baby sitting you at all times. Luffy is even lucky that he's participating in this event. He owes a great debt to Ivankov, that's for sure.

And Hancock is like a selfish, conceited little kid. She has the audacity to oppose the WG and marines if they try to harm Luffy because she loves him, and yet she wants/expects to keep her warlord status to protect her people at the same time. She needs to understand that you can't get everything in life sometimes. In short, she's a bitch and I don't like her .

Quote:
Plus AL nothing will happen to it ,oda has a lot more stuff to deal with fishman island, dragon, fall from the war, how strong the marines going to be , missing war lords
Who says something can't happen to Amazon Lily after all of those things happen? Don't worry, she'll inevitably have to pay the price at some point.
Old 2009-09-30, 17:19   Link #103
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That's just too bad. This is war, and you can't expect to have people baby sitting you at all times. Luffy is even lucky that he's participating in this event. He owes a great debt to Ivankov, that's for sure.

And Hancock is like a selfish, conceited little kid. She has the audacity to oppose the WG and marines if they try to harm Luffy because she loves him, and yet she wants/expects to keep her warlord status to protect her people at the same time. She needs to understand that you can't get everything in life sometimes. In short, she's a bitch and I don't like her .

Who says something can't happen to Amazon Lily after all of those things happen? Don't worry, she'll inevitably have to pay the price at some point.
Hey if your Jessica Alba hot, that saying can be proven wrong.
Old 2009-09-30, 18:08   Link #104
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

Well i read nothing from the spoilers saying she wants to kept her status as a warlord . Luffy got attack she save him . I think she knew when she save luffy that her warlords status could go up in smoke. Also hancock would not even be in war if not for luffy she never care about war or the her island.
She is a pirate i mean kuma said f$%# to the WG 2 times i don't see anyone call him conceited.
She said before she meet luffy she would like kept her warlord status without fighting which is something i expect a pirate to do if they could get away with it. Much less going to war vs WB for people that F#$% you over in life.

Plus i just read the chapters again not once did hancock talking about kepting her status after meeting luffy or about saving her island . It's elder nyon that told her you help luffy which would also save AL.

Last edited by andy; 2009-09-30 at 18:28.
Old 2009-09-30, 21:27   Link #105
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
I think she knew when she save luffy that her warlords status could go up in smoke.
Considering the face she made at the time, I think she acted on impulse. It wasn't what she planned to do. Of course she loves Luffy, but she also loves her country.

Also, after that attack, nothing has changed compared to the time just before she met Luffy. The result, regarding herself and her country, can be considered the same.

The only difference is that she would be helping Luffy, Whitebeard, and others there. Actually, if we think about it, she may actually be considered as the key to all of this, especially if Ace can be saved and WG's plans would fail.
Old 2009-09-30, 23:09   Link #106
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
She is a pirate i mean kuma said f$%# to the WG 2 times i don't see anyone call him conceited.
That's because Kuma isn't conceited. He is very calm and calculating, unlike Hancock who is far too impetuous.

Quote:
She said before she meet luffy she would like kept her warlord status without fighting which is something i expect a pirate to do if they could get away with it. Much less going to war vs WB for people that F#$% you over in life.
The WG grants her immunity from any hassle under the condition that she disposes of pirates for them. They even made a treaty with her ensuring that none of their personnel would step foot on her island due to her hate for men and the WG. That being said, how are they screwing her over? The Gorosei (5 elder stars) are the ones that recruited her into the shichibukai and summoned her to participate in this war against Whitebeard. You're thinking of her bad history with the World Nobles, and she's not fighting on behalf of them.

Quote:
Plus i just read the chapters again not once did hancock talking about kepting her status after meeting luffy or about saving her island . It's elder nyon that told her you help luffy which would also save AL.
My mistake then. Sorry about that. I haven't read the chapter yet.
Old 2009-10-01, 01:26   Link #107
seiji_kun

AL is relatively safe. Boa assisting Luffy should result in the same thing that happened to Jinbei. She's openly defying the WG now and this can't be covered up like smuggling Luffy into ID. Which made her chances of joining shoot through to the roof to the point that I think it's even getting inevitable cause her staying at that island would just endanger it.

AL + Hancock is a noticable threat cause she was actually strong enough to get in to the shichibukai and then they'll want to punish Boa for her betrayal. Boa joining up with the strawhats would shift attention to the strawhats who are already at "war" with the WG and AL wouldn't even rank at the treatmeter.

And AL, it'll look like a speck of dust after this war. The WG couldn't even reliberate or create peace in all those islands that the revolutionaries are creating chaos and conquering. Then you got the NW were they hardly have any input at all it seems. Then you had islands on the Grand Line like Jaya who were lawless and needed to be sorted out but that they ignored probably due to having bigger things on their hand which they will even have more after this war.

Then add that AL is surrounded bye tons of sea giants which makes it an easy place to defend and the WG will deem it as a place that while they would want to take care of it, it ain't worth the hassle. The losses of taking it out would outweigh the benefits of taking it out. They just have such an iron defence, haki arrows / sea giants would sink more battleships then it would take out Kujas.

Hell it's only Nyon that's been going on about that and she's hardly a WG official, she could be totally wrong. Though her behavior is absolutely normal cause beeing pre-cautious beat beeing reckless and taking risks. And I can already imagine a coverstory where Nyon & Margeret prepare themself to head out to the WG to create a new treaty. Nyon + Tsuru negotiating, two old ladies together.
Old 2009-10-01, 02:09   Link #108
james0246

^If Boa does join the Strawhats, I think it would be interesting if Boa's relationship with Amazon Lily becomes similar to the relationship between Yoruichi and Soi Fon from Bleach. Specifically, the relationship would be based on the idea of a false betrayal. Boa would forcibly sever ties to her island (thus protecting it), but it's inhabitants would not understand her abandonment, and consequently grow to resent her for what they perceive to be a betrayal. This could even lead to a future arc where Marguerite could confront Boa...

Then again, Boa still doesn't really have a dream (yet), and until she does (even if it simplistic (not too simplistic - like become Luffy's wife, or soemthing equally silly)) I do not want her to join the Strawhats...
Old 2009-10-01, 02:54   Link #109
seiji_kun

I've seen the dream thingie answered on other boards to. Boa's dream could be freedom. She doesn't feel free at all in her Kuja role and having that tattoo on her back. Or it could be something simplistic like a lot of people and myself thougth, abolishing slavery. It would at least make her look less selfish like some people find her.

And chapters looks so sweet, no Kizaru - Rayleigh flashback however. So seems like we ain't have to hope that Luffy is going to use Haki even the slightest. Still hope he at least demonstrate a bit of it. The usual intimidation shout, get the fuck out my way to some small fry marines.
Old 2009-10-01, 03:34   Link #110
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Eh...with Boa's beauty, she'll win back the Kujas easily. :]
Old 2009-10-01, 04:10   Link #111
andy

I ilke boa and all but i don't want her to Join the SH. When you look at it she is broken and her power is to out there.

It the same for jinbei i like him also but he way to strong to join the SH to me .
Old 2009-10-01, 04:49   Link #112
seiji_kun

She only stoned a platoon of ordinary marines. Robin had the same prejudice when she appeared. She took a platoon out and Tashigi and looked to strong when she first appeared on the strawhats boat.

We've seen that her DF isn't overpowered against these New World fodders and now we'll see if she's truly to strong to join against Smoker who I think will have a stalemate against her but will look the superior one of the two. Smoker has to prevail imo cause he's what Garp was to Roger.

I don't find that she looks to strong, hell I think she'll be like Robin who showed us at start that she was strong and could take out your average Grand Liner easely but at the end showed that her DF was hardly to hax. Hancock could be the same and when Luffy faces Yonkou lvl opponents he'll need nakama of her caliber. Just look at WB + Marco + Jozu + Ace. Shanks + Ben Beckman + Lucky Roux + Yassop. Luffy needs some more strong nakama imo and Hancock could fit there cause as a female she doesn't upset the peoples "monster trio". I don't think Sanji will compete with her like he does with Zoro.

There's even a theory, Franky = light version Luffy. Brook = light version Zoro. Hancock will be light version Sanji eventually.
Old 2009-10-01, 05:43   Link #113
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
She only stoned a platoon of ordinary marines. Robin had the same prejudice when she appeared. She took a platoon out and Tashigi and looked to strong when she first appeared on the strawhats boat.

We've seen that her DF isn't overpowered against these New World fodders and now we'll see if she's truly to strong to join against Smoker who I think will have a stalemate against her but will look the superior one of the two. Smoker has to prevail imo cause he's what Garp was to Roger.

I don't find that she looks to strong, hell I think she'll be like Robin who showed us at start that she was strong and could take out your average Grand Liner easely but at the end showed that her DF was hardly to hax. Hancock could be the same and when Luffy faces Yonkou lvl opponents he'll need nakama of her caliber. Just look at WB + Marco + Jozu + Ace. Shanks + Ben Beckman + Lucky Roux + Yassop. Luffy needs some more strong nakama imo and Hancock could fit there cause as a female she doesn't upset the peoples "monster trio". I don't think Sanji will compete with her like he does with Zoro.

There's even a theory, Franky = light version Luffy. Brook = light version Zoro. Hancock will be light version Sanji eventually.
She is broken just look at what she can do. The same new world fodders got 1 hit by her and were turning to stone with there body parts falling off.

It look like she can turn anything to stone , while we did not think that way at first we saw her made cannon ball stone so it is possible.

She is one the char we have seen hit a logia user without any weapon or knowing there weakness.(side note i forgot when dark king stop the admiral with a kick so i edit)

She is a master of HAKI something that luffy has not learn yet and the same type.

I could name some more , if we were further in manga i have no problem with her joining but it to soon for her . Until luffy learns to use haki no other char that has master it should be part of the crew.

I could also do a list for jinbei these guys way to strong for the SH. After the SH going into the NW they are going to learn to do new stuff along with new moves . Boa and jinbei should be masters at how they use there powers .

Last edited by andy; 2009-10-01 at 06:14.
Old 2009-10-01, 06:16   Link #114
seiji_kun

I don't find having something that Luffy hasn't a real reason to not have her join.

And you can't call someone broken who has had 0 (serious) fights in the manga so far. We've seen that her so called broken ability can be countered. And no she ain't ain't the first person who hit a logia without a weapon. Rayleigh kicked Kizaru to save Zoro. Do name so more when we hardly saw anything of her. And one of the reasons I think myself we hardly saw anything from her is that Oda could be withholding it to show it slowly while she joins.

I never mentioned Jinbei cause I don't want to defend him nor do I think he does have a chance. But I ain't saying it's impossible either.
Old 2009-10-01, 06:51   Link #115
andy

Quote:
I don't find having something that Luffy hasn't a real reason to not have her join.

And you can't call someone broken who has had 0 (serious) fights in the manga so far. We've seen that her so called broken ability can be countered. And no she ain't ain't the first person who hit a logia without a weapon. Rayleigh kicked Kizaru to save Zoro. Do name so more when we hardly saw anything of her. And one of the reasons I think myself we hardly saw anything from her is that Oda could be withholding it to show it slowly while she joins.

I never mentioned Jinbei cause I don't want to defend him nor do I think he does have a chance. But I ain't saying it's impossible either.

We have seen just her mero mero being counter , not the kick where she turns you into stone after 1 hit. She is fighting someone that just OHKO luffy our main char.

Also a lot of people think smoker is weak , there have been only about 6 marines we have seen that stronger than him. If smoker beat her it should not come to a shock to anyone. If she beat smoker that would be even worst cause now you have some one on crew that can beat ,the same person that OHKO our main char. With smoker being a rival for luffy i just don't see it.

There not much else to learn about boa , she can turn humans into stone , things, can infuse her moves with haki and maybe her DF. While we have not seen many name moves we know what she can do already.

But lets stop this you think she weak so she can join the crew i think she to strong and manga also say she strong.
Old 2009-10-01, 07:35   Link #116
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:

yeah she isn't the first person showed dealing a blow to a logia... we already see the dark king...Marco...oh and of course Blackbeard.. well for me thats makes her even more look so strong(is someone up there is comparing her equal to the top tier of the OP world ) and add to that her haki is the king haki which we didn't have a clue if BB or Dark King haki is just a standar haki or a King Haki...

of course luffy has many reason...to not have her joint the crew regarding the amazon lilly... the true question is what is the empress reason to joint the strawhats...if just only for the love sickness well that would verry-verry disapointing reason...so far we are not familiar with romance in one piece, we already see sanji love for every girls around her but hey that doens't count as a romance. just a simmilar to love addict Boa chan has for luffy....

heheeee..even I eager to see for Boa being a Strawhats...but for these part I agree with Andy san here....

for the the empress action around this chapter... lets wait for the full realeas...no comment for now...
Old 2009-10-01, 07:51   Link #117
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
I feel like that the Kuma in WG vs WB war isn't the real Kuma.
Old 2009-10-01, 07:51   Link #118
seiji_kun

Quote:
We have seen just her mero mero being counter , not the kick where she turns you into stone after 1 hit. She is fighting someone that just OHKO luffy our main char.
Slave arrow and Perfume Femur took out fodder like Luffy in baseform has been taking out foddermarines this chapter and the previous chapter. Which hardly makes it that hax at all imo.

And OHKO, with all due respect I think you should look up OHKO cause Luffy was hardly knocked out. He only got pinned down due to Smoker's seastone weapon. And only cause Smoker is truly broken for Luffy cause he is incapable of hitting him.

Quote:
Also a lot of people think smoker is weak , there have been only about 6 marines we have seen that stronger than him. If smoker beat her it should not come to a shock to anyone. If she beat smoker that would be even worst cause now you have some one on crew that can beat ,the same person that OHKO our main char. With smoker being a rival for luffy i just don't see it.
Lets not discuss the ones who think Smoker is weak cause they hardly understand anything of great storytelling. And I did say this:

Quote:
and now we'll see if she's truly to strong to join against Smoker who I think will have a stalemate against her but will look the superior one of the two. Smoker has to prevail imo cause he's what Garp was to Roger.
Just like Luffy, Smoker is hardly at his peak and will continue to grow. Like the quote says, I already see him here get the better of Boa but not beeing strong enough to overpower to the point that he can take her out. And bye the next time Luffy and Smoker will meet they'll both be stronger then Boa while I think now they are around the same strength except that Smoker has a natural advantage against a lot of opponents beeing logia.

Quote:
There not much else to learn about boa , she can turn humans into stone , things, can infuse her moves with haki and maybe her DF. While we have not seen many name moves we know what she can do already.

But lets stop this you think she weak so she can join the crew i think she to strong and manga also say she strong.
Actually, the most important factor is how she fairs against true strong opponents which we haven't seen at all. And don't lay words in my mouth, especially such as wrong as those. I never said she was weak, I only said I don't think she's overpowered or broken at all. But yeah you can stop cause I don't want to go on with someone who misinterpreted my words so hardly.
Old 2009-10-01, 09:02   Link #119
andy

Quote:
Slave arrow and Perfume Femur took out fodder like Luffy in baseform has been taking out foddermarines this chapter and the previous chapter. Which hardly makes it that hax at all imo.

And OHKO, with all due respect I think you should look up OHKO cause Luffy was hardly knocked out. He only got pinned down due to Smoker's seastone weapon. And only cause Smoker is truly broken for Luffy cause he is incapable of hitting him.

Lets not discuss the ones who think Smoker is weak cause they hardly understand anything of great storytelling. And I did say this:

Just like Luffy, Smoker is hardly at his peak and will continue to grow. Like the quote says, I already see him here get the better of Boa but not beeing strong enough to overpower to the point that he can take her out. And bye the next time Luffy and Smoker will meet they'll both be stronger then Boa while I think now they are around the same strength except that Smoker has a natural advantage against a lot of opponents beeing logia.

Actually, the most important factor is how she fairs against true strong opponents which we haven't seen at all. And don't lay words in my mouth, especially such as wrong as those. I never said she was weak, I only said I don't think she's overpowered or broken at all. But yeah you can stop cause I don't want to go on with someone who misinterpreted my words so hardly.
I did not lay words in your mouth i said she too strong or broken to join the crew you said she not broken or over powerd enough to join the crew , Well she would have to be weak to join a rookie crew if the captain is luffy who only getting his ass save so far in the war. Plus nothing we seen in manga so far shows she's around the level of the SH . Also there has never been the a SH to join crew stronger than luffy. Unless you think luffy stronger than her.
Old 2009-10-01, 09:11   Link #120
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Then add that AL is surrounded bye tons of sea giants which makes it an easy place to defend and the WG will deem it as a place that while they would want to take care of it, it ain't worth the hassle. The losses of taking it out would outweigh the benefits of taking it out. They just have such an iron defence, haki arrows / sea giants would sink more battleships then it would take out Kujas.
All you need is one admiral and a few marine ships to buster call the hell out of Amazon Lily and it's over. The Kuja tribe don't stand any chance against that.