AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 17:09   Link #241
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
She hasn't exactly done nothing. She has integrated herself into Kyousuke's everyday life: listening to his troubles, sometimes walking home/to school together, etc.

So far in the anime, she really is no different from a lot of "childhood friend" characters from other series who usually have a good group of supporters.
The problem is, her existence in most of the anime scenes amounted to something close to those "rarely appearing family member" status.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 17:21   Link #242
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Her appearance should be no less than someone like, Ayase or Saori.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 17:23   Link #243
Sumeragi
Banned

That's what you think, but it isn't so.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 17:14   Link #244
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I am using her pic only for the looks, not the character, so please forget she is Nanami for a second .

The question is more towards anime viewers.

What has Manami done so far (in the anime) which push people away from liking her?

(this question originated from seeing a character popularity poll and seeing Manami on the tail end of things)
She's not popular because she's not a very important character in the narrative (she's a supporting character, really) and she's a grandma stuck in a 16 year old body, which I assume doesn't appeal much to Oreimo viewers. She seems a bit out of place in a series that panders so much to otakus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
That's what you think, but it isn't so.
That's not exactly true. She even had her own dedicated episode. As of now, I would put her below Ayase but above Saori in order of importance.
Old 2013-04-10, 18:33   Link #245
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just FYI that I moved the next-episode preview posts to a new thread.
Old 2013-04-13, 17:32   Link #246
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Okay guys it's been 3 years since I sat and watched an anime as it airs, and I need a quick confirmation on when a new episode comes every week, both raw and subbed.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 17:34   Link #247
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Okay guys it's been 3 years since I sat and watched an anime as it airs, and I need a quick confirmation on when a new episode comes every week, both raw and subbed.
For the time when it airs on TV, please check this list (which is Saturday at 11:30pm Japan time). For subtitles, check Crunchyroll (Saturdays at 12:30pm CDT).
Old 2013-04-13, 20:36   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think for this, I'll give the "premium" CR a shot and see how the experience is these days. (wasn't impressed at all way back when so hopefully much improvement).
Old 2013-04-15, 06:19   Link #249
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (or if this has already been posted about already), but it looks like you can get Meruru screensavers based off the one's seen on Kirino's computer in the OP for your own computer:

You have to go here, and enter the password that pops up during the TV broadcast for each episode. Each screensaver is only downloadable for a short period of time though.

I don't suppose I'd be allowed to post mirror links, am I?
Old 2013-04-15, 14:23   Link #250
kentasaiba

What about the scene when... [...] (mod edit: removed novel references)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-15 at 15:08.
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 15:08   Link #251
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
What about the scene when [...]
These questions are best addressed in the Spoiler & Speculation thread.
Old 2013-06-05, 17:54   Link #252
relentlessflame

*Administrator

A new interview was posted today on AkibaBlog (warning: ads are very NSFW).

One interesting point they mentioned was that they were originally thinking they'd only get 15 episodes for this anime, but after some discussion/pushing from the original author, they got it pushed to 16 episodes. And they had also noticed that, as they arranged the story, Ayase's scenes were tending to get minimized/pushed, so the author had floated the idea that they cut it even more (to keep the flow of the story)... but the producers didn't like that. So instead, the author wrote the script for Episode 2. It's a sort of compensation for the fact that some of her scenes got cut/minimized later on.

They also talk a bit about the way the last three episodes will be released as a global simulcast, which is something they seem pretty excited about. They were impressed with all the responses they got to their call-out to International fans on the radio show, and so wanted to make this an event for fans the world over. No details about timing... but I am starting to think that maybe they will try to batch all three into a single event. We'll see.

They also say that they weren't specifically trying in advance to synchronize the timing of the novels and the anime, but it sort of so-happened to work out that way due to the good timing. They say that even they had decided right away to work on the second season, they would have waited until volume 10 anyway, so the timing worked out.

(Incidentally, there was nothing about the novel in this interview -- they're saving that for the next one.)
Old 2013-06-18, 04:44   Link #253
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Bumping this thread to mention that it has now been confirmed that the final three episodes of the second season will be simulcast in a batch worldwide on Sunday, 18 August at 13:00 JST (which is 06:00 UTC, 2:00am EDT, 11:00pm (Saturday) PDT).

Correction due to my stupidity: 04:00 UTC, 12:00am EDT, and 9:00pm (Saturday) PDT.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-18 at 15:00.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 04:48   Link #254
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Bumping this thread to mention that it has now been confirmed that the final three episodes of the second season will be simulcast in a batch worldwide on Sunday, 18 August at 13:00 JST (which is 06:00 UTC, 2:00am EDT, 11:00pm (Saturday) PDT).
Great, I look forward to it, 5 weeks after the conclusion of the TV series.
Old 2013-06-18, 04:50   Link #255
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Great, I look forward to it, 5 weeks after the conclusion of the TV series.
Well, 7 weeks, but close enough.
Old 2013-06-18, 04:59   Link #256
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Well, 7 weeks, but close enough.
Ah, 18th, I somehow looked at it as 8th in my mind.
But that way they should have enough time to make it a grand finale. Can't wait for all those lovely scenes from volume 12 in animation.
Old 2013-06-18, 07:09   Link #257
Wilshere

Quote:
WHAAAT??? This much????? NOOOOOOOOOOO!! Anyways I think its good marketing strategy knowing the game will launch a month after this. But still,thats way too many weeks, I cant handle the wait!!!!!!!!! A-1 Better animate the whole Volume 12 perfectly!!!!!!!!

Edit: Will there be subs???
Old 2013-06-18, 07:30   Link #258
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
WHAAAT??? This much????? NOOOOOOOOOOO!! Anyways I think its good marketing strategy knowing the game will launch a month after this. But still,thats way too many weeks, I cant handle the wait!!!!!!!!! A-1 Better animate the whole Volume 12 perfectly!!!!!!!!

Edit: Will there be subs???
What's the point in releasing it worldwide without subs? At the very least the worldwide statement can be read as "also with English subs."
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 07:34   Link #259
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
What's the point in releasing it worldwide without subs? At the very least the worldwide statement can be read as "also with English subs."
It would be kind of really strange if it comes without subs. I mean, they have the time to do it. Anyway, August 18th will be bookmarked. I'm curious whether I will survive the onslaught of Kirino-cuteness in the three straight episodes.
Old 2013-06-18, 07:46   Link #260
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
It would be kind of really strange if it comes without subs. I mean, they have the time to do it. Anyway, August 18th will be bookmarked. I'm curious whether I will survive the onslaught of Kirino-cuteness in the three straight episodes.
Well I doubt that I can watch it with subs if it will be subbed. I cant watch Oreimo on Crunchyroll due to licensing issue in the country I live. Will this also affect me not able to watch it? Anyways I'll watch it on their official website be it subbed or not,I think I can configure what they are saying by having read the final Volume a couple of times and their interactions,well Kirino is easy to understand for me hehehe