Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-04-30, 22:51   Link #21
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Thanks for the congratulations for all of ya. This isn't really the Aoie_Emesai birthday thread, but i'm happy anyway ^_^. AnimeSuki is my #1 forum.

I'm still editing and drawing some more, so i'll post them up ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 15:51   Link #22
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Heh, I felt so artistic today... thatswhy I improved the line render and colored it ( only highlights are missing now )

Spoiler for not very small png:
Old 2007-05-01, 22:14   Link #23
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Hehehe, quite a nice job. At least you had the hair color relatively correct. I'm not that good with that freaking pen tool to work it so I can start coloring my images. Once I becoming better at it, ill start adding more artistic values to my pictures ^_^.

(you made the image terribly large , I shrunked each of the images by almost 300% from the orginal, since its like 2400x3300 for each of the scan. I scan at 300 dpi, bty.) The shadow is done quite well, the banes and the neck. Which color did you use for the skin tone? She's albino, hahaha ^_^. I usually keep the nose to a curved line, for me it seems cuter that way ^^. You also added some sun glares to the hair too, nice.

I use this tablets of different skin tones for examples.

Spoiler:

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-05-01 at 22:35.
Old 2007-05-02, 00:04   Link #24
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Kayos - not really, but it does sorta relate to your a while back. But that pink shade is really attractive though. I meant Jinto Lin.

ps: Dammit, my comp froze!! gotta redo it all over again.

Old 2007-05-02, 05:04   Link #25
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Hehehe, quite a nice job. At least you had the hair color relatively correct. I'm not that good with that freaking pen tool to work it so I can start coloring my images. Once I becoming better at it, ill start adding more artistic values to my pictures ^_^.
From that answer I have to assume there exists a colorscheme for this character. Well I just colored her what I felt like... seems like I felt red

Quote:
(you made the image terribly large , I shrunked each of the images by almost 300% from the orginal, since its like 2400x3300 for each of the scan. I scan at 300 dpi, bty.)
That is correct, I thought thats better for re-usability.

Quote:
The shadow is done quite well, the banes and the neck. Which color did you use for the skin tone? She's albino, hahaha ^_^. I usually keep the nose to a curved line, for me it seems cuter that way ^^. You also added some sun glares to the hair too, nice.
Ah sorry actually I don't know how she's supposed to look like
Well, I can exchange the material colors easily anytime, you just need to provide me a colorscheme for her.
The nose and mouth were off center in your drawing (so resituated them - I used your orginial work as texture to trce lines, unfortunately the texture was kinda pixelated... so I just could approximate her nose). I guess I just cut a part of the nose line next time I edit the scene.
Btw. the hair glare is an accidental side-effect of the hair transparency layers
(you can edit it too, if you have 3DS Max 9... I provided the source files for the scene below the png)

Quote:
I use this tablets of different skin tones for examples.

Spoiler:

I see ^^.
I've used these materials:
Spoiler for materials used:

Since all the colored areas are NURBS faces with assigned materials, one can easily change the whole colorscheme of the scene.
Old 2007-05-02, 10:57   Link #26
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Lots of lines. Reminds me of the Map Creation editor from UT 2004, that was such a hard editor to use.

Well either way, just finished editing my latest drawing. I made her very cute just for you guys and gals. Breezy look again ^_^

Enjoy now.

Spoiler:

ps: I can finally go play with the pen tool and see what effects I can make out of it now ^^

Old 2007-05-12, 05:50   Link #27
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Don't want to put pressure on you, just curious of your progress with the pen tool
Old 2007-05-15, 22:59   Link #28
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

I've been working on it, im a bit better on it. Though maybe you can help me a bit. Hopefully I saved my work so you can critique on it and help me. Well... I didn't save it. I also use Adobe for my Pen Tool, Coral 10 just doesn't seem to work too well with me.

When I use the pen tool, I often get the large strokes compacted in the middle of the strokes. Mine doesn't look any where as good as Kayos. I went back and added a pen tool to one of my line art. ( I use pink too, so you can tell where I placed it)

Ex. Kayos one first.
Spoiler:

Which is very well photoshopped. ^^

Mine - rather bad.

Spoiler:

Old 2007-05-16, 10:26   Link #29
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I see. Mhm, but I am not a fan of too stylized strokes anyway
I wish you better results with your new pen

btw. the lots of lines view in that picture above. Of course there exist other views in that application that are not so messed up ^^ This view shows all the meshes of the NURBS faces (which define the colored areas). When you look at it using the real time hardware rendered view it appears more like the result graphic (and is easier to edit).
Old 2007-05-16, 11:01   Link #30
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

That's true. But I do not have a program in which I can apply some NURBS applications into it. Thanks for you help either way.

ps: gonna take a break for a bit, so i probably won't be in this thread for a bit. (Drawing and editing that is)

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-05-16 at 11:18.
Old 2007-06-08, 15:50   Link #31
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Well... not original drawing but I could use some help. Currently i'm extracting this image. (Don't mind the text) (thanks Moeimouto for the wallpaper)

Original
Spoiler:

Extracted (so far)
Spoiler:

Currently I've added some more coloring near the edges of the clothes and other spots to make it more resilient. But then I got to the glowing parts, which I don't know how to extract it out without overwhelming the image (like the left shoulder, I've added a semi dark violet/pink color line to mimic the natural color of the edge, seems to work pretty well) . I've tried the gausian blur, which usually seems to be the best, but without any luck.

Any suggestions?

ps: No new drawings at the moment. But if ya would like a bigger version of it you can go here.
http://www.daisuki.com.br/index.php?...id=362&&id=362 (1558x1200) [I lost 42 pixel when I extracted it]

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-06-09 at 04:28.
Old 2007-06-08, 18:39   Link #32
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Good job on that extraction~ ^^
Do you mean the wisp like glows?If I were you, I'd probably recolor those part or use clone stamps.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 04:26   Link #33
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

I used the clone stamp to recover some of the parts that I messed up badly, and I tried the to recolor it, but i'm not exactly sure how to mix 4-5 colors in to a 30x30 area . I suppose I can take the long way and color it once color at a time ^_^.

Old 2007-06-09, 05:02   Link #34
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Are you wanting to remove those glowing balls which seem to be on her legs, shirt, hair, etc?
Old 2007-06-09, 06:47   Link #35
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Nice work Aoie. Which alterations do you plan to do? (I did not really understand your problem description so ... I might ask a useless question you've allready provided the answer for)
Old 2007-06-09, 18:55   Link #36
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
Are you wanting to remove those glowing balls which seem to be on her legs, shirt, hair, etc?
Yes, that's what i'm asking. ~Jinto Lin. ^_^ I'm not really sure what steps to use to remove them.

Old 2007-06-09, 21:56   Link #37
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

here's a quick version of clone stamping:

Spoiler for clone stamped:
Old 2007-06-10, 05:50   Link #38
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
here's a quick version of clone stamping:

Spoiler for clone stamped:
Oh ^_^, that's a nice job there. I suppose i'll try the clone stamp then .

Old 2007-06-10, 09:04   Link #39
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

I just made a vid tut on that exact render... it's short because I did a couple of those glow balls but I'm sure you'll get the idea.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6N7BQY8X

Last edited by WINGZERO619; 2007-06-10 at 09:18.
WINGZERO619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 16:05   Link #40
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

This is a good tutorial. Btw. I think it would help to use the Darken Mode in this case since it minimizes the risk of overdrawing the dark areas surrounding the white spot.

Tags
art