AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 4 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-20, 17:19   Link #21
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
well at the very least this scene is featured in the manga as the cover page of chapter 378.

Spoiler for cover page:
OH MY GOD. I HAD NOT NOTICED THAT. Hata, you sneaky fox.

Anyway... this season was probably one of the odder installments in the Hayate series. I'm going to have to say I really liked it, including the early episodes (which I totally found hilarious no matter what anyone else says). The only thing that bugs me is the scenes with Ruka in the first half were never given a reason for being there besides a bit of foreshadowing, but I guess Utena basically did the same with their shadow play girls, so... yeah, I'm just gonna let that slide. -shrug-

As for how canon this season was, I have two guesses: That some details of the story are canon (like the Black Camelia being a sword in a clock, maybe, or some of the stuff about Shin Hayek) and that we'll find out which ones as the manga progresses, or that the season was a loose adaptation of manga events that haven't happened yet, and when we eventually get to it it'll follow generally the same story but with some obvious changes (like no episodes 3 or 5, obviously). Or it'll be something else entirely, somehow. God, I don't know.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
Old 2012-12-21, 01:10   Link #22
Archaeon

I haven't read the manga but I heard people said Athena arc is good(no manga spoiler please). Will it get animated?

As for this season, it's nowhere as good as season 1 and 2 but like someone said, it will make a better movie/ova rather than TV series.
Old 2012-12-21, 03:37   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
I haven't read the manga but I heard people said Athena arc is good(no manga spoiler please). Will it get animated?
Apparently, new season was just announced for Spring.
Old 2012-12-21, 07:39   Link #24
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Is it Athena arc? I hope so.

There's something I want to ask regarding this episode. Before Dolly die, according to Nagi, Nagi's mother said the king left a message to Dolly before he die. How did Nagi's mom know that? I think I miss out something.
Old 2012-12-21, 07:43   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post

There's something I want to ask regarding this episode. Before Dolly die, according to Nagi, Nagi's mother said the king left a message to Dolly before he die. How did Nagi's mom know that? I think I miss out something.

Nagi's mother heard the Father say it, but Nagi put two and two together and concluded that it must be the King in her father's body. Which is why Hayate was sad when he thought Nagi's mother died thinking her husband cheated on her.

Truth be told I've completely forgotten about that in the earlier episode until Nagi brought it up.
Old 2012-12-21, 10:02   Link #26
garbage

wow, the ending was far better than I expected. I guess I was a bit disappointed on some of the early episodes so I wasn't really expecting much, but I really did enjoy that last episode.

I liked that falling in the air thing, coupled with a confession,although it kinda reminds me of that SAO episode with Liz. Still, I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen Nagi being cute (as opposed to bratty and annoying) and she really was cute there especially with her hair flying all around, and her crying a bit. ( or maybe it was just so different from the usual Nagi look )

Anywayz , that news of a new season , whoo yeah! and I mirror the sentiments of others here, hoping its a "true continuation" and hoping to see a certain somebody
Old 2012-12-22, 07:34   Link #27
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

disappointment because A-tan didn't appear at all in this season...

the only good thing is they showed and gave so many airtime for Nagi's parents... (wow! Nagi inherit her father's looks!)

adding Tsugumi also means worthless because she isn't become part of story as well.. only a cameo one...

but well... good job... that's all
Old 2012-12-24, 19:11   Link #28
Sphire

It was a good end to the series. It started bad especially from an animation stand-point, but it got better and around episode 7/8 it got real good. Sure the jokes early on were still ok, but damn, the animation was so distracting. And Tsugumi really was annoying.

Other than that, it was ok. Doesn't come close to season 2, while season 1 went all over the place with the timeline, so that's harder to judge. At least it had a good amount of story related to Nagi's parents.
Old 2012-12-25, 14:59   Link #29
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
This was a fun episode. Yukiji and Shin were just so funny at the end.
Old 2012-12-25, 20:58   Link #30
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Merry Christmas.

On-Topic

All ends well for those who believe in love and family, in spite of the waves of misfortune crashing one after the next upon our heroes.

Yukiji chose love towards her sister Hinagiku over dirty money, although she will never shake away her love for the booze.

Tsugumi came and went by like the season, but she kept her word to Nagi and returned back to the Little Lady her father's missing wedding ring.
- It was suggested by Dolly that Tsugumi was a thief when she found her.
At the end, Tsugumi left with Shidou to start a new life, whom the latter revealed himself to be a bi-shounen.

Spoiler:

And for a great conclusion, after the crisis was cleared everyone went to watch the rest of Ruka's concert live for the audience to have an ending at Las Vegas. ~ 85%

Last edited by Guido; 2012-12-25 at 22:45.
Closed Thread