AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-18, 16:26   Link #61
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I don't know why, but the name Hancock sounds really familiar for some reason. Perhaps a pirate Oda used as a basis?
You heard it from John Hancock?
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-09-18, 16:30   Link #62
Captain Roronoa Zoro

off topic but, when does luffy supposedly use haki to knock out duval's bull?
Old 2008-09-18, 16:34   Link #63
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
off topic but, when does luffy supposedly use haki to knock out duval's bull?
That was way back, before he even got unmasked. It was midway the flying fish fight.

Old 2008-09-18, 16:51   Link #64
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You heard it from John Hancock?
So, Boa Hancock is going to be Will Smith in drag...
Old 2008-09-18, 17:23   Link #65
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I don't know why, but the name Hancock sounds really familiar for some reason. Perhaps a pirate Oda used as a basis?
I don't think so, perhaps you're thinking of John Hancock.

When looking around for pirate names, I did come across a certain Alvilda (there's different spellings for the name). Guess that's what Alvida was based on.

Last edited by Trax; 2008-09-19 at 04:11.
Old 2008-09-18, 17:37   Link #66
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, Boa Hancock is going to be Will Smith in drag...
I hope not. Has that picture of the woman holding the martini glass with the considerably large snake been confirmed as Boa herself?

I see nothing wrong with the idea of Boa Hancock/Pirate Empress being a shichibukai, I implore the idea of a strong female character If she were to be made one of the Yonkou then that would mean that beauty is merely "skin deep" in the world of One Piece and that everyone who said her beauty was second only to the mermaids may have been blind, and had been going off of feel.
Old 2008-09-18, 18:52   Link #67
marvelB

I have no objections to Hancock being a Shichibukai, either. People keep saying that it's "too early" for another one to be introduced, yet I recall several people stating their anticipation to see Jinbei at Merman Island, which I find to be kinda contradictory. Like I said in a past thread, I think it's a good thing that we're getting the introductions of most of OP's "big shots" out of the way now that we're at the halfway point. It's a good way to show how high up the "Pirate's Summit" Luffy and co. need to climb...

And besides, since the Shichibukai are supposed to fight Whitebeard anyway, I think that makes it all the more important to reveal all of their identities now. That way we can size up opponents when we actually see the war take place.
Old 2008-09-18, 19:19   Link #68
Tonyohoho
Yohoho

Smile

Yeah.. I agree with Comment above.. Yohoho

But, I'm still hoping Boa Hancock was Luffy's Mother.. Cz, I really wanna see his mother.. is it possible??

But, the posiblity that boa hancock was lola's mother is very high.. Maybe 80%?

Right??? Yohoho
Old 2008-09-18, 19:23   Link #69
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Has anyone pondered the idea that Hancock "could" be Lola's mother, and that the freaky Yonkou with the frightwig "could" be the father?
Old 2008-09-18, 19:36   Link #70
Tonyohoho
Yohoho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
Has anyone pondered the idea that Hancock "could" be Lola's mother, and that the freaky Yonkou with the frightwig "could" be the father?
So, Why do you think that?? The silhoutte of yonkou was a picture two oldmans, I think.. is that connect to Lola?
Old 2008-09-18, 19:41   Link #71
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That picture's from the first Color Walk, if memory serves me right. Yes, that lady certainly could turn out to be Hancock....
The FIRST color walk? I don't think so. If I remember, there are 3 color walks so far and the first one only shows designs of the first 5 members of the Strawhat crew and most of the East Blue Saga (from the morgan arc to the arlong arc). The second has designs of the next 2 members and I bet the third featured Franky. That picture must have come from a fourth or fifth color walk as all the previous ones are works of progress.
Old 2008-09-18, 21:01   Link #72
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyohoho View Post
So, Why do you think that?? The silhoutte of yonkou was a picture two oldmans, I think.. is that connect to Lola?
Makes more sense than saying one of the two yonkou or "oldmans" was Lola's mother.
Old 2008-09-19, 08:30   Link #73
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
I have no objections to Hancock being a Shichibukai, either. People keep saying that it's "too early" for another one to be introduced, yet I recall several people stating their anticipation to see Jinbei at Merman Island, which I find to be kinda contradictory. Like I said in a past thread, I think it's a good thing that we're getting the introductions of most of OP's "big shots" out of the way now that we're at the halfway point. It's a good way to show how high up the "Pirate's Summit" Luffy and co. need to climb...

And besides, since the Shichibukai are supposed to fight Whitebeard anyway, I think that makes it all the more important to reveal all of their identities now. That way we can size up opponents when we actually see the war take place.
My point exactly. People need to realize that we're already on chapter 515. The series is progressed to the second half of Grand Line. We're reaching a 'filter' point, as it were: The New World is like a 'no-weakling zone'.

The Shichi bukai have to be unveiled, or else they'll kinda lose every ounce of their lustre when the other two Yonkou are revealed. I mean: think about it: Why would we want to still be seeing Shichi Bukai when the Strawhats reach up to Shanks etc. ??

Nah...I suspect there will only be two really active Shichi Bukai during the Yonkou Arc: Kuma and Doflamingo. Probably Jinbei, but I doubt it.

I'd really like to see these three particular characters come back, with a small story though:

Crocodile
Mr 1 (I can't remember, but I think his name is 'Das Blades' or something)
and Enel.

Anyway: I believe this whole year is gonna be awesome for One Piece! Not much left for the year, but there'll definitely be exciting chapters coming out...^_^

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-09-19, 08:54   Link #74
kari-no-sugata

Full raw is out. The cute woman on page 2 cutting up a large snake (for food?) is slightly disturbing.

Biggest LOL for me is Luffy's attitude when stark naked. He doesn't seem bothered at all, despite all the women ogling him.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:43   Link #75
marvelB

Yeah, I checked out the full chapter, as well. Those amazons are pretty hardcore if they're strong enough to kill Sea Kings and eat their meat. I also really like the designs of the various women, too (like that "memo" girl). I'm still thinking that Sweetpea and Aphelandra will eventually befriend Luffy as well, even if the rest of the Kuja tribe will see it as betrayal. However, depending on what secrets Hancock may have been hiding from her followers, the rest of the tribe should eventually befriend Luffy as well (hey, you know that'll most likely be the case ).

Oh, and before I forget:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Now THAT makes for a funny moment. LOL Think I could see a picture of that moment?

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-19, 09:51   Link #76
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

My god lol, Alphelandra and Magaret are amazing.

Old 2008-09-19, 11:40   Link #77
kari-no-sugata

Quote:

Spoiler:
To keep the joke running, probably best to translate "kintama" (lit "golden jewel/ball") as "family jewels".

Feel sorry for the girls - they think Luffy is normal for a man The one girl is even taking notes...
Old 2008-09-19, 11:55   Link #78
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
To keep the joke running, probably best to translate "kintama" (lit "golden jewel/ball") as "family jewels".

That's exactly what came to my mind when I read the translation. Heh, I wonder if the anime will keep this gag...?

Oh lordy, if Margaret joins Luffy, I'd love to see her ask Brooke about his "jewels". He'd probably respond with something like "Sure ma'am, but... wait, I have no "kintama"! YOHOHOHO, SKULL SHOCK!!"

Oh yeah, anyone think that Oda will tease us further by abruptly switching the focus on another Straw-Hat next chapter, possibly when Hancock is about to be revealed?

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-09-19 at 13:28.
Old 2008-09-19, 14:49   Link #79
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Indeed, it could be that every strawhat will have their own mini-arc leading up to their reunion... Alternatively, Luffy could have the main arc, and with every shipmate he finds we get a small flashback what happened to them. Then there's still the Whitebeard situation etc. This could take a while.
Old 2008-09-19, 16:11   Link #80
Captain Roronoa Zoro

yea id like to see buggy,enel,smoker, and tashigi come into the story.
Closed Thread