AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-06, 17:59   Link #2021
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
I tried to be as kind as possible but I will take off the gloves.
Your friend said i twisted his words with Brera x Ranka pairing and he said that he never said that but in fact he did....
Ahem... I bet you didn't see it...

The same goes for me, why would I bother to debate with someone who just knows how to diss people...
Tak already made a response to twisting words so I wont continue the matter.

But yes I did insult you originally on the way you twisted Tak's words because you did... and doing so is generally frowned down upon.

Also, if suggesting that you format your posts better so others can read better is considered dissing... oh well.

Quote:
Sheryl fan here, are really impressive....
No but thanks for the suggestion.
If you wont do it, a mod will. Refusing to delete a double post is pretty lame if you ask me. Or is it that you don't even know how to?

Quote:
People have nothing to reply to me because they don't have that much argument left.
And when you prooves them they said something and after deny it, you're considered as a bad person who twists words to her own purpose ...
OMG.
I'm going to have to go with MaiHikari. Don't get me wrong, I like a good debate... but until you start forming cohesive arguments, I can't really answer back.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-06, 18:04   Link #2022
Seifall

@Tak You said it, now if you want to rearrange your sentence for making look like I twisted something, go ahead.

If for you debating in saying the sheryl mania here is not that fair towards Ranka = dissing people, then how do you explain that a Ranka's fan cannot say anything here without being accused of being a biased one ?
how do you explain that none Ranka's fan now even dare to speak here because knows well how it will turn out for him? how do you explain that someone who not side with the Sheryl side cannot post here without being a person who twists the truth for her pairing, who makes irrelevant arguments, who doesn't understand the scenes, who is considered biased because didn't see a kiss which wasn't even showed ? how do you explain that the ones who are right are always the same because this is right, Alto and sheryl have a stonger relationship? When you dare to say the contrary you are considered as a fool. How do you explain that a person who dropped by say that it was surprising to see that sheryl's fan keep bashing Ranka even thought they 're numerous ? How is it that Ranka is a traitor for leaving Frontier and people, but Ozma is not to blame to have done the same thing ? He is wanted now by Leon, but his first duty as a man who was in SMS and he said it in episode 3, was to protect people. How come all Sheryl's fan who are calling Ranka a brat don't even blame Ozma who with a VF and SMS Q can still being of use? How come that they have nothing to say when he is leading towards the vajra for Ranka with the SMS Q ? How come people are silent now ?

You can all treat me to be biased,who doesn't even make formatting post but you're really making a name for yourself on your own.

@Tak avoiding what ? You said something then changed it and accused me of putting words in your mouth. You want to talk about Brera now ?
Yes, Ranka's fan post are more coherent than me, yes "there are other Ranka fans far more coherent than you, and ones who can actually generate a far healthier debate than anything that came from your keyboard" so much that the discussion often end up like that : Again I'm really shipping for no one here, I like both of the girls"... And since you like to have the last word go ahead search, but I see this each time your so called " debate" becomes "hot". You really should stop taking me as a fool because you don't even know you're (the ones who insulted me )so arrogant with people that they don't dare to say their real mind and the "debate " becomes a speech made by " your so called Ranka's fan " and you, the Sheryl's fan.

@MaiHikari and Twilighthack "your posts are so poorly constructed," ? "If you wont do it, a mod will. Refusing to delete a double post is pretty lame if you ask me. Or is it that you don't even know how to?" I'm so disgusted now..... Really,... I hope you a big Sheryl victory, may she find her cure, may she end up with Alto, may she become the songtress of Your forum. My bad it already happenned.

Last edited by Seifall; 2008-09-06 at 18:35.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:06   Link #2023
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
@Tak You said it, now if you want to rearrange your sentence for making look like I twisted something, go ahead.

If for you debating in saying the sheryl mania here is not that fair towards Ranka = dissing people, then how do you explain that a Ranka's fan cannot say anything here without being accused of being a biased one ?
how do you explain that none Ranka's fan now even dare to speak here because knows well how it will turn out for him? how do you explain that someone who not side with the Sheryl side cannot post here without being a person who twists the truth for her pairing, who makes irrelevant arguments, who doesn't understand the scenes, who is considered biased because didn't see a kiss which wasn't even showed ? how do you explain that the ones who are right are always the same because this is right, Alto and sheryl have a stonger relationship? When you dare to say the contrary you are considered as a fool. How do you explain that a person who dropped by say that it was surprising to see that sheryl's fan keep bashing Ranka even thought they 're numerous ? How is it that Ranka is a traitor for leaving Frontier and people, but Ozma is not to blame to have done the same thing ? He is wanted now by Leon, but his first duty as a man who was in SMS and he said it in episode 3, was to protect people. How come all Sheryl's fan who are calling Ranka a brat don't even blame Ozma who with a VF and SMS Q can still being of use? How come that they have nothing to say when he is leading towards the vajra for Ranka with the SMS Q ? How come people are silent now ?

You can all treat me to be biased,who doesn't even make formatting post but you're really making a name for yourself on your own.
*Sniff sniff* Awww...

And she is still avoiding questions. *sigh* This is hopeless.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:16   Link #2024
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
to me, the reason Ozma and co went away from Frontier was partly due to Ranka letter, but is till have to wait for the sub to see whether that's teh case or not,

at the very least, Ozma and co sure did not ditch frontier jsut because someone (/something? >_<) lost her first love
Old 2008-09-06, 18:19   Link #2025
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
to me, the reason Ozma and co went away from Frontier was partly due to Ranka letter, but is till have to wait for the sub to see whether that's teh case or not,

at the very least, Ozma and co sure did not ditch frontier jsut because someone (/something? >_<) lost her first love
Never mind that Alto chose to stay because of Sheryl, I wonder why she did not point that out. If he cared about Ranka so much, more so than he did Sheryl, why not go after her. After all, did he not suspect Ranka was in some sort of life-threatening danger?

Na uh, they didn't kiss, they just bumped foreheads!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:26   Link #2026
indr0008
Physicist

it is perfectly fair to support a character in an anime like this, but when someone starts to say something like 'and that time the character was thinking this and that', which was clearly shown in the anime itself that that was not the case, of course u will be labeled as biased
Old 2008-09-06, 18:37   Link #2027
Wesley84

Quote:
it is perfectly fair to support a character in an anime like this, but when someone starts to say something like 'and that time the character was thinking this and that', which was clearly shown in the anime itself that that was not the case, of course u will be labeled as biased
I see the 4th Wall Breaking, nearly every time Sheryl's and Alto's characters being used. Only it's the outside going in.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:39   Link #2028
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I see the 4th Wall Breaking, nearly every time Sheryl's and Alto's characters being used. Only it's the outside going in.
ur point? (sorry, bad english on my part)
Old 2008-09-06, 18:49   Link #2029
Wesley84

Quote:
ur point? (sorry, bad english on my part)
Ever been to Fanfiction.net? The way Alto and Sheryl are used, portrayed, and the scenes they're featured in reads typically of what you'd usually find there.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:58   Link #2030
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Ever been to Fanfiction.net? The way Alto and Sheryl are used, portrayed, and the scenes they're featured in reads typically of what you'd usually find there.
?the hell u're using fanfics as a reason
Old 2008-09-06, 19:13   Link #2031
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
My personal opinion is that don't pay attention to negative responses that are bordering to the personal territories. Stick to your own views if you feel comfortable at supporting them. If you pay attention to negativity, then you will turn bitter as well, and post in similar fashion to those you always found alarmingly negative.

Posting in forums can be challenging considering you will always run against people who has different outlook at things than yours. However, you can present your side of the argument in a calm manner, and if you feel you are failing to get across, there is no point in continuing unless you have something new to add. Don't make it personal because then you will lose your objectivity and get into the act of bashing/flaming/and all the other nonsense which goes hand in hand.

I can also tell you that there are a lot of members who don't usually participate in these kind of argument because emotions usually fly high, and a lot of posts seem to come across as yelling, as if trying to drown out the alternate views. If fans actually tried to understand each other before even thinking an way to counter a reply, these kinds of topic would have been in a much better shape.

P.S. See if you could put a number behind how many Sheryl-fans and Ranka-fans are participating in this thread? I bet you will be surprised by how every Shery-fans or Ranka-fans are not participating in the discussion.
Old 2008-09-06, 19:15   Link #2032
Wesley84

Quote:
?the hell u're using fanfics as a reason
Basically it's the same ole same ole with me. I just found a fun new way of saying what I find wrong with Sheryl's and Alto's characters and their involvement in the story. Anyway, look forward to my post on Episode 22 whenever someone gets around to a sub for it.
Old 2008-09-06, 20:14   Link #2033
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Monir speaks truth.

I'm pretty opinionated at times and unlike some members enjoy a good debate. If I feel like I'm gonna blow a gasket I step out for awhile.

Unfortunately sometimes a bit of petty play can be interpreted as a personal attack. For example, my comment about Wesley. He already knows what I think of him, my earlier comment was just messing around.

Old 2008-09-06, 20:50   Link #2034
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
My personal opinion is that don't pay attention to negative responses that are bordering to the personal territories. Stick to your own views if you feel comfortable at supporting them. If you pay attention to negativity, then you will turn bitter as well, and post in similar fashion to those you always found alarmingly negative.

Posting in forums can be challenging considering you will always run against people who has different outlook at things than yours. However, you can present your side of the argument in a calm manner, and if you feel you are failing to get across, there is no point in continuing unless you have something new to add. Don't make it personal because then you will lose your objectivity and get into the act of bashing/flaming/and all the other nonsense which goes hand in hand.

I can also tell you that there are a lot of members who don't usually participate in these kind of argument because emotions usually fly high, and a lot of posts seem to come across as yelling, as if trying to drown out the alternate views. If fans actually tried to understand each other before even thinking an way to counter a reply, these kinds of topic would have been in a much better shape.

P.S. See if you could put a number behind how many Sheryl-fans and Ranka-fans are participating in this thread? I bet you will be surprised by how every Shery-fans or Ranka-fans are not participating in the discussion.
Thanks for telling what's on your mind.
I try to make it as objective as possible but here they go with the personal attacks....
For people who aren't participating in the discussion, I would like to tell you to stop enjoying all this jungle stuff and to share my headhache
Woe is us! Ranka is beautiful, determined, selfless , so mature, the most popular girl of the show... We sure have a easy job to do Kawamori, isn'it ?
Old 2008-09-06, 21:48   Link #2035
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Woe is us! Ranka is beautiful, determined, selfless , so mature, the most popular girl of the show...
I can't resist the bait.... ()

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-06, 21:58   Link #2036
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
I can't resist the bait.... ()
Oh man that had me rolling. Especially the 3rd pic.

Old 2008-09-06, 22:06   Link #2037
indr0008
Physicist

bwahahahahahahahhhhaa
Old 2008-09-06, 23:22   Link #2038
wolfboy
:3

I don't think either of the heroines are really all that beautiful. They're cute in some shots but average in most, possibly due to the inconsistent art/style. To me, Myung's still the prettiest of all the leads in Macross.
Old 2008-09-06, 23:49   Link #2039
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
I don't think either of the heroines are really all that beautiful. They're cute in some shots but average in most, possibly due to the inconsistent art/style. To me, Myung's still the prettiest of all the leads in Macross.
Imo, its the inconsistent art style. The episodes with the best animation from my PoV would have to be Ep1, Ep5, Ep7, and Ep20... Ep18 and Ep21 could pull it off too?

The funny thing is too that I think they drew Ranka best in Ep10 when she was playing Mao.

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-09-07 at 00:07.
Old 2008-09-06, 23:50   Link #2040
indr0008
Physicist

haven't seen Myung...but u know, my definition of beauty goes way beyond physical appearance ;D
Closed Thread

Tags
romance