Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-29, 16:32   Link #401
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
^Yep, these are true. Episode 54 is the last, and then third season begins.
Wow, so we only have Episodes 50-54 left to go (fansub/airing wise)?

Does anyone know when this third season will be airing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
This picture is an appetizer for the upcoming third season:
Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Race Through Time
Thanks for the new picture and the English Title of the next season!
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 17:04   Link #402
ShiroiRyu

October normally.
When the other show began for fall 2011.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 17:04   Link #403
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
Wow, so we only have Episodes 50-54 left to go (fansub/airing wise)?

Does anyone know when this third season will be airing?
The next week after episode 54
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 18:14   Link #404
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
The next week after episode 54
Thank god, I thought for sure we'd have to wait a month like with Death Generals.
Old 2011-09-02, 22:24   Link #405
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep48:

Spoiler for Ep49:

Spoiler for Ep50:
Old 2011-09-04, 16:51   Link #406
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 48: Beelzebumon Vanishes into the Light

FlareKnight, I do agree with you that Beelzebumon went in a blaze of glory and shining light for the sake of delivering a life line to his friends.

Starting as Baalmon since way back at the beginning of the show, I had this strong feeling that the guy will turn out to be an interesting character, and my predictions were successfully delivered.

A great Kodak moment ensued when Mervamon blushed in tsundere fashion that Beelzebumon would be fine and just for the guy to get slapped by her snake arm; more so when Shoutmon comments flustered that those two make a good relationship.

Too bad that the relationship had to end abruptly with his sacrifice, having Mervamon to deal with that loss for as long as she lives, and what to say about poor Cutemon he would likely feel helpless and blame himself for not properly or realizing sooner to heal Beelzebumons' injuries.

As always, great production values and beautiful pieces of the soundtrack chosen when: 1) Yuu was worrying after starting to realize that death is as well present in the Digital World too, 2) Blastmon and Lilithmon getting their last stand as Whispered digi-Xros the two with the Darkness Loader, and 3) Beelzebumon glorious farewell to Taiki.

So, the last remaining two Head Officers of the Bagura Army are gone for good but resulting as well in the loss of Beelzebumon from Taiki's Xros Heart team.

First, it was Deckerdramon for Kiriha's Blue Flare and now was Beelzebumon.

I got this bad odd that if they follow by those statistics, then most likely in an immediate future Nene will lose one of her team's Digimon, though I hope it doesn't happen.

Six episodes before the conclusion of Xros Wars first part.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 17:29   Link #407
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
FlareKnight, I do agree with you that Beelzebumon went in a blaze of glory and shining light for the sake of delivering a life line to his friends.

Starting as Baalmon since way back at the beginning of the show, I had this strong feeling that the guy will turn out to be an interesting character, and my predictions were successfully delivered.

A great Kodak moment ensued when Mervamon blushed in tsundere fashion that Beelzebumon would be fine and just for the guy to get slapped by her snake arm; more so when Shoutmon comments flustered that those two make a good relationship.

Too bad that the relationship had to end abruptly with his sacrifice, having Mervamon to deal with that loss for as long as she lives, and what to say about poor Cutemon he would likely feel helpless and blame himself for not properly or realizing sooner to heal Beelzebumons' injuries.

As always, great production values and beautiful pieces of the soundtrack chosen when: 1) Yuu was worrying after starting to realize that death is as well present in the Digital World too, 2) Blastmon and Lilithmon getting their last stand as Whispered digi-Xros the two with the Darkness Loader, and 3) Beelzebumon glorious farewell to Taiki.

So, the last remaining two Head Officers of the Bagura Army are gone for good but resulting as well in the loss of Beelzebumon from Taiki's Xros Heart team.

First, it was Deckerdramon for Kiriha's Blue Flare and now was Beelzebumon.

I got this bad odd that if they follow by those statistics, then most likely in an immediate future Nene will lose one of her team's Digimon, though I hope it doesn't happen.

Six episodes before the conclusion of Xros Wars first part.
Luckily for Nene she has such a small group that they can't really afford to kill anyone off. Though Mervamon not being part of X7 might want to watch her back just in case . She should be ok since technically Nene is part of Xros Heart and they've already suffered their loss.

I'll say that Beelzebumon's development to this point has been one of the highlights for the series. Starting off as an enemy, gaining insight into his horrible past, dying, being reincarnated, and finally laying down his life to help his friends here. Taught Taiki a lot of important lessons like not being so focused on helping everyone you see that it leads to your own friends dying instead and that sometimes you need the will to do what it takes. He had some great moments and is a hard loss for Taiki.

Luckily for Mervamon I don't think she'll have to carry that suffering forever. It does sound like if they can get the Code Crown they can recreate the digitial world and restore those who have been lost in the process. Kiriha did mention part of his motivation now is to get that Code Crown and revive Deckerdramon.
Old 2011-09-06, 19:38   Link #408
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 49: Taiki's Determination! Surpass Apollomon, the Strongest!

This is the conclusion of the battle against All of the 7 Death Generals with only both DarkKnightmon and Baguramon remaining for the final war match.

I don't recall who in this thread posted about some of the previous series introducing dark themes and more grayish and murkier concepts into their storylines, which were Digimon Tamers and Digimon Savers being the most prominent examples.

However, I do also agree that the theme of death was very pronounced in both Adventure and 02, since the former we got to witness several deaths of key characters from the start to the midway to the last episodes:
- T.K.'s Angemon (but later and quickly was reborned)
- Wizardmon (his death on Adventure felt the most poignant and dramatic to me)
- Leomon
- mentioning a few others.

Then, we have 02 not only featuring key-Digimon deaths, but also showing onscreen human deaths.
- Ken recalling in his memories witnessing his elder brother, Osamu's, accidental death.
- Adventure as well gave a brief reference to Izzys' parents deaths.
- Even in Adventure mentioned other sad themes like both Matt and T.K.'s parents being divorced.

The meaning as to why I'm bringing up this stuff is that Xros Wars has as very well matured and grew, particularly since the Death Generals saga started with introducing, setting, and fleshing more gloomy, dark, and murky themes, rather than staying as a black-and-white, fantasy adventure where good triumphs over evil with no need for sacrifices.

A poignant climax was reached when Taiki finally matured in both his character and resolve that there are times and situations that call for the need to bury and shut his own heart, in order to achieve victory when his comrades survival is at the very stake. The Hell's Field mini-arc was the ripe time to fully make him to grow from his overly kind self; Taiki's overly kindness did not annoy in any way, because it got balanced with Kiriha's previous cold, calculating, war-like nature.
I give kudos to the writers for setting up two opposing natures into perfect balance with dynamism.

We got as well Yuu's full realization and repentance for his actions, particularly watching Damemon's temporal death before his eyes, evokes within him memories of his grandmother's death.
Spoiler:

So, folks I got only five more episodes remaining before the conclusion.
Old 2011-09-10, 14:33   Link #409
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Cool

Ryuu-Rogue has fansubbed Episodes 48-50: http://ryuu-rogue.livejournal.com/104369.html
Old 2011-09-10, 17:47   Link #410
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 50: Rebirth! The Reappearance of all Death Generals!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto
Ryuu-Rogue has fansubbed Episodes 48-50: http://ryuu-rogue.livejournal.com/104369.html
Man, that's ancient history. Episode 51st is about to air.

Minna, finally caught up with all of you guys; the last trek of the long journey, but as expected, DarkKnightmon is at he's most climatic bastard as ever.

Spoiler:

Four more episodes to go until the conclusion of Xros Wars, series one.

Last edited by Guido; 2011-09-10 at 19:15.
Old 2011-09-11, 15:01   Link #411
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Man, that's ancient history.

Episode 51st is about to air.
I know, but no one ever announced they were released in this thread, and I didn't have access to the internet from September 02 to September 09.
Old 2011-09-12, 03:29   Link #412
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Man, that's ancient history. Episode 51st is about to air.
Actually, it already has aired. So has 52. And speaking of 52...
Spoiler for Major spoilers:
Old 2011-09-13, 03:29   Link #413
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Ryuu-Rogue has fansubbed Episode 51: http://ryuu-rogue.livejournal.com/104894.html
Old 2011-09-13, 12:20   Link #414
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep51:
Old 2011-09-14, 09:56   Link #415
gameboy234

Spoiler for 51:
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 21:07   Link #416
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Spoiler for 51:
Spoiler for Ep51:
Old 2011-09-18, 15:10   Link #417
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 51: For the Digital World's Future! Friendship with the Death Generals!

While it was commendable for TOEI to give both to Apollomon and Olegmon drama for their heroic actions in the 51st episode, I have to say that their developments as becoming brief members of Xros Heart United Army came a little too late.
Spoiler:

Three more episodes left, and furious because the week after this one about to come is the closure for season six, and I'm still behind the episodes.
Old 2011-09-19, 03:32   Link #418
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I hope RyRo subs Episode 52 soon.
Old 2011-09-19, 23:50   Link #419
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Spoiler for Ep 53:
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 04:31   Link #420
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Ryuu-Rogue has fansubbed Episode 52: http://ryuu-rogue.livejournal.com/105224.html