AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-18, 21:44   Link #8981
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Not holding hostility and fighting is practically impossible.
Not for Kihara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thats in accord to Vento. the truth is that Fiamma has a mighty auto-defense which protects him fron any incoming spell.
more like Holy Right destroys anything coming at him...it could even, for all I know, destroy the concept of harming him.
Old 2011-03-18, 21:48   Link #8982
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Still even if not all evidence is there, it points more towards Vent Victory (Hell Terra cant really take the precedence or Divine punishment would take effect) and Vent still has her mace.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:01   Link #8983
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Still even if not all evidence is there, it points more towards Vent Victory (Hell Terra cant really take the precedence or Divine punishment would take effect) and Vent still has her mace.
No...Terra is nothing compared to the rest of God's Right Seat.....seriously....an Academy airstrike actually forced him to pull back WTF....
Old 2011-03-18, 22:06   Link #8984
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Well we agree that terra stains the name of God right seat... really what was fiamma thinking when he gave him that position.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:08   Link #8985
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's not completely true, as long as Terra was thinking about protecting himself it doesn't trigger the activation of Divine Punishment on him.

The key thing is direct hostilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
No...Terra is nothing compared to the rest of God's Right Seat.....seriously....an Academy airstrike actually forced him to pull back WTF....
Against a robotic unmanned drones of Academy City Vento's Divine Punishment would be useless as well. For that matter, as long as the pilots don't know Vento is there, indiscriminate bombing would kill her as well.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:17   Link #8986
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Again if someone must trigger a "on" for those units divine punishment would trigger, also consider the fact that her defese took a bazzoka blast like nothing, and her air hammers.

You are giving to much credit to Terra but fine this is getting nowhere.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:29   Link #8987
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
“Well, there is that. If it would be devastating to your relationship with Last Order, Misaka will let you touch her tits and ass, but doing it now would seem rather pointless.”
I'm in love with Worst now
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-03-18, 22:30   Link #8988
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Again if someone must trigger a "on" for those units divine punishment would trigger, also consider the fact that her defese took a bazzoka blast like nothing, and her air hammers.

You are giving to much credit to Terra but fine this is getting nowhere.
At the same time youre not seeing the loopholes of divine punishment, once again as long as those people who turn on the robots arent targeting Vento specifically, they wont be affected by divine punishment.

A simple command like kill everyone in this area wiuld do.

btw, one rocket is not the same as carpet bombing. but thats not relevant since terra can also survive one rocket.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:40   Link #8989
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Yet again we arent arguing robots, but how usefull and powerful they are, and a duel.

And no Terra survive a orbital laser.

@Kenju >> sadly I save the novel for work (to kill time) but worse make it hard to resist.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:44   Link #8990
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's not completely true, as long as Terra was thinking about protecting himself it doesn't trigger the activation of Divine Punishment on him.

The key thing is direct hostilities.

Against a robotic unmanned drones of Academy City Vento's Divine Punishment would be useless as well. For that matter, as long as the pilots don't know Vento is there, indiscriminate bombing would kill her as well.
Yes but you'd think a God's Right Seat member would be durable enought o soak up that kind of punishment and carry on with his mission instead of retreating.

I mean even Vento was capable of eating a rocket like nothing. Said carpet bombing didn't even hit him full force. Only one of those molten sand blasts took out the building he was standing in, not every bomber hitting him.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:46   Link #8991
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And Terra has his Guillotine.
Also what in the world makes you think Terra will far for the Divine Punishment when he is rotten to the core? The guy is no different with Kihara.

There has to be a reason why he is that old after being a GRS member for long.

Against Fiamma, he was just mocking her because she appeared only when he was supposed to be deffenseless after using to much his 3rd arm.

Quote:
And no Terra survive a orbital laser.
Yet he survived unscratched multiple attacks which can cut the continents.

Quote:
As far as I remember he retreated because he feared different kinds of attacks, and his Precedence only can work one per kind.

Quote:
Yes but you'd think a God's Right Seat member would be durable enought o soak up that kind of punishment and carry on with his mission instead of retreating.
His mission was to make the ROC to join the RCC, his main goal was succesful.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:49   Link #8992
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Also what in the world makes you think Terra will far for the Divine Punishment when he is rotten to the core? The guy is no different with Kihara.

There has to be a reason why he is that old after being a GRS member for long.

Against Fiamma, he was just mocking her because she appeared only when he was supposed to be deffenseless after using to much his 3rd arm.

As far as I remember he retreated because he feared different kind of attacks, and his Precedence only work one per kind.
Yeah he is rotten as you point out, but he still label belivers as humans and feel even a murder is a lost sheep that should be saved (And vent if a beliver) I do think that if Vent was a pagan, divine punishment would fail.

If he set the presendece of Execution of light of skin >> magic then his scythe would be useless.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:50   Link #8993
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yet again we arent arguing robots, but how usefull and powerful they are, and a duel.
i was explaining two loopholes that can be used against divine punishment. one way is to use non humans, the otherway is to avoid hostile emotions specifically directed at the caster.

as ive mention earlier, precedence over divine punishment does not need to be a hostile emotion if Terra was just protecting himself.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:54   Link #8994
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
i was explaining two loopholes that can be used against divine punishment. one way is to use non humans, the otherway is to avoid hostile emotions specifically directed at the caster.

as ive mention earlier, precedence over divine punishment does not need to be a hostile emotion if Terra was just protecting himself.
But the moment he feel or try to attack her divine punishment would kick,, and if he doesnt have execution of light, he would fall toward divine punishment, and if he does his scythe would fail.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:54   Link #8995
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Yeah he is rotten as you point out, but he still label belivers as humans and feel even a murder is a lost sheep that should be saved (And vent if a beliver) I do think that if Vent was a pagan, divine punishment would fail.

If he set the presendece of Execution of light of skin >> magic then his scythe would be useless.
He used believers magicians and left them when they were attacked by Academy City's troops he only wanted to retrieve the C-Document, thats no diffrent on how Kihara used the Hound Dogs.

Also, when he says the sheeps that should be saved he mean in the Heaven, no on this life.

... Acqua is very dumb to have to read reports to notice how rotten Terra is, while Touma just saw trough him like water, as expected from the man who hears no reasons.
Old 2011-03-18, 23:02   Link #8996
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

I don't think they used the same ordnance like they did in Russia. Else, everything there would be a sea of magma instead of Avignon being merely consumed by firestorm.

Also, it's amazing that for a GRS member, even Kanzaki or Knight Leader would murder him with ease. Either Raphael is really stingy with its given abilities or Terra is just damned weak.
Old 2011-03-18, 23:03   Link #8997
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Because while he use them, they werent killed and this was pointed on the novel, while Kihara was doit or I kill you, fail and die, fail and I would hunt you and kill you.

Theres a hell of a difference.

Neither aqua or the pope note this, just because you didnt note something it doesnt make u outright dump.
Old 2011-03-18, 23:10   Link #8998
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Naruto forums?
Yes. You have an account on there?

Quote:

It's not like it matters. Vento has no spells except for Air Hammers and Divine Punishment, so she obviously wears something similar to the Anglican Church's Walking Church, which can sit in the corona of the sun for 3 days. Bombing isn't going to hurt her.

Quote:
At the same time youre not seeing the loopholes of divine punishment, once again as long as those people who turn on the robots arent targeting Vento specifically, they wont be affected by divine punishment.

A simple command like kill everyone in this area wiuld do.

btw, one rocket is not the same as carpet bombing. but thats not relevant since terra can also survive one rocket.
Actually, as long as the end intention is to harm Vento, Divine Punishment would trigger.
Old 2011-03-18, 23:16   Link #8999
Miraluka
Banned

EDIT:
NT Chapter 2, complete.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...apter_2#Part_6

Quote:
Because while he use them, they werent killed and this was pointed on the novel, while Kihara was doit or I kill you, fail and die, fail and I would hunt you and kill you.

Theres a hell of a difference.

Neither aqua or the pope note this, just because you didnt note something it doesnt make u outright dump.
The pope knew he wasn't a good person and wanted to not be close to a person like him.
Kinda makes him dumb when he is called a sage .

Killing people and using them as guinea pigs to be disposed like nothing and , children included, just because they're not catholics is out of Christian teachings, very out.

Quote:
“This really is a pain. I could easily defeat them on my own, but they focused their attack on the magicians using this. And that will clearly have an effect on the spell. Really now, not being able to use human spells can be a real problem sometimes. Now I’ve had victory snatched from my grasp thanks to those mediocre magicians. It seems calling it quits here and leaving would be the best plan now.”
He doesn't care if they get killed just C-document safety.

Quote:
I don't think they used the same ordnance like they did in Russia. Else, everything there would be a sea of magma instead of Avignon being merely consumed by firestorm.
Thats because Accelerator told them to foccuse only at one point.

Quote:
Also, it's amazing that for a GRS member, even Kanzaki or Knight Leader would murder him with ease. Either Raphael is really stingy with its given abilities or Terra is just damned weak.
I wonder, Raphael is more related to healing than any other thing in this series.
Old 2011-03-18, 23:29   Link #9000
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

My comment is over 9000!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen