AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-25, 00:22   Link #341
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Wait! Unarmed!? Bare fist!? Who's he, a demon!? (I can't think of him as a human)

Maybe she's just faking her own health. Heck, reading some spoilers before, i don't think that a viralt would choose a sickly person as its wielder.
Ganlon is the other noble besides Tenaldie who was vying for the King's throne of Brune, and the other half of the reason behind the civil war of Brune.

Spoiler for Ganlon's long list of wonderful accomplishments:

I made the "she's faking it" assumption before having read the portions with Alexandra. She is most assuredly not faking it, and only her Viralt not leaving her is the vaguest of hints that there is more to her condition than just an illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Alternatively, she's so damn strong that even bed-ridden her viralt recognizes her as worthy.
Not possible. Viralts leave the moment their wielders are incapable of acting out their duties as established before. There's more to Alexandra's condition than meets the eye.
Old 2012-09-25, 01:01   Link #342
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
He and Tenaldie conspired to kill the "Prince" Regnas, he is the one who had his subordinate Greast lure Tigre to a no-win situation in Volume 3 (and then made Tigre's encounter with Roland as a marvelous topping to an otherwise nicely-prepared cake of FU), he is the one who had Roland killed in a very inhumane manner in order to mark off the threat of Durandal against him (out of fear should his true colors be found out I assume), and he is the one who continues to play Tigre and Tenaldie like puppets according to his schemes until the closure of the civil war of Brune. Considering he knows Voljenoi's true colors as well as Drachvach and the reveal of his capability, he is most definitely not human.
Now everything is making sense for me. I feel weird about Roland death and keep thinking that "someone is conspiring to kill him from behind curtains", since i feel that his defeat was too forced and too rushing for plot developments.

Quote:
Ganlon is the other noble besides Tenaldie who was vying for the King's throne of Brune, and the other half of the reason behind the civil war of Brune.
Why do i have feeling that he's conspiring to overpower the king and eventually take over the position of King himself?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 01:08   Link #343
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Now everything is making sense for me. I feel weird about Roland death and keep thinking that "someone is conspiring to kill him from behind curtains", since i feel that his defeat was too forced and too rushing for plot developments.

Why do i have feeling that he's conspiring to overpower the king and eventually take over the position of King himself?
There was nothing forced or rushed about Roland's defeat. It was a battle of ideals and in the end Roland completely lost to Tigre in both circumstances and determination.

Ganlon does not overpower the King and usurp his position. Especially considering I just mentioned what he does at the end of Volume 5 just a few posts ago.

PS. Spoiler tags exist for a reason.

EDIT: Because it just has to be spelled out for some reason, here's your silver platter. *sighs*
Spoiler for Roland's defeat:

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-25 at 02:35.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 03:31   Link #344
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:

Spoiler for Spoilers? No Not Really, but maybe, no? ok?:

*Currently waiting to finish reading before joining in to forum (chat)*
Old 2012-09-25, 03:37   Link #345
havensgate
skull one

it just got me, so now durandal is in tigre possesion? wow
if viralt choose its own master, how about durandal and tigre's black bow?
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 04:11   Link #346
bones

Does Durandal have any special abilities like the Viralts? If so then maybe Tigre doesn't have to depend on having a Vanadis around all the time to use the bow without fainting or dying.

I find it strange that the bow is so despised in Tigre's country, the prejudice sounds deliberately designed to limit the number of people who can wield that bow

Last edited by bones; 2012-09-25 at 04:29.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 04:53   Link #347
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers? No Not Really, but maybe, no? ok?:

*Currently waiting to finish reading before joining in to forum (chat)*
It was pretty well-done, personally. Ganlon not skipping a beat when the opportunity to be horrible presented itself was not only in-character, but also
Spoiler:

People just can't seem to get over their hero worship of Roland. He seems to be completely overhyped just because he wields Durandal and was one of the strongest so far. He was strong yes, but he's still a person at the heart of it all just like everyone, and no one is absolutely invincible (even Ganlon is scared of the off-chance of him getting killed off by Tigre unceremoniously, no matter the difference in strength between them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
it just got me, so now durandal is in tigre possesion? wow
if viralt choose its own master, how about durandal and tigre's black bow?
Viralts =/= Black Bow and Durandal.

While they might be mystical weapons, they have entirely different properties. The existence of Viralts only confirms the possibility of the existence of other magical weapons (as well as the existence of other magical/fantastical creatures), there are only seven Viralts in existence and there will only be seven Viralts in existence, for seven Vanadis to each wield one and serve as the "King's wife" (as the original legend in the series backstory has the seven princesses as the wives of the Black Dragon in human form).

For Durandal and the Black Bow choosing their master, it's not so much them choosing as it is the ones "destined" to wield them showing up and making the weapon theirs. I already mentioned in here that according to Ganlon, Durandal's new wielder will not show up until one, two years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Does Durandal have any special abilities like the Viralts? If so then maybe Tigre doesn't have to depend on having a Vanadis around all the time to use the bow without fainting or dying.

I find it strange that the bow is so despised in Tigre's country, the prejudice sounds deliberately designed to limit the number of people who can wield that bow
See above for the first part. Durandal can cleave through anything including up to magical attacks/skills, provided the user has enough strength/determination. For Tigre making use of Durandal, see here.

The bow is despised in Brune not because of a conspiracy to limit the number of people who can wield the Black Bow (the Black Bow has only been passed down Tigre's lineage), but because of Brune's efficiency and emphasis with their Knights. With their full plated armors and huge (supposedly) impenetrable shields, they view archers as useless, proficiency with a bow as pointless, and attacking from range as nothing but cowardly.

Q&A done, time for some thoughts. I've been waiting for this tactic to show up, and now it does with a vengeance. Tenaldie sends the surviving remnants of Ganlon's troops to Tigre's army, obviously with the intent of causing discord and depleting their supplies and resources. Devious bastard!

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-25 at 05:08.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 05:44   Link #348
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Q&A done, time for some thoughts. I've been waiting for this tactic to show up, and now it does with a vengeance. Tenaldie sends the surviving remnants of Ganlon's troops to Tigre's army, obviously with the intent of causing discord and depleting their supplies and resources. Devious bastard!
Avenging his lovely bastard son eh? I'd rather surprised that King of Briune let him do as he please.

Quote:
That kind of question had already been asked several times before. Heck, even if Tigre obtained that sword, what he can do about it? He even lose to normal foot soldier when it comes to melee combat. His dad taught him nothing but archery.

Quote:
there are only seven Viralts in existence and there will only be seven Viralts in existence
I feel rather confused here. If there will be only 7 viralts in this world, then what are Black bow and Durandal?
Old 2012-09-25, 05:54   Link #349
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Avenging his lovely bastard son eh? I'd rather surprised that King of Briune let him do as he please.
Ah, Zyan, that pathetic complete waste of space spineless haughty jackass noble. I was so very glad when he got shot by Tigre, and even moreso after he was shot down together with his flying dragon.

Supposedly, the official story is that the King has fallen into a sickness after the loss of Regnas. In actuality,
Spoiler:
and thus the King has no power nor authority to intervene in the current state of things. Also, the King's court has split the king's authority due to this into half, with half of the authority to mediate in the affairs of the nobility having fallen onto (dun dun dun) Dukes Tenaldie and Ganlon.

So you can see why they're running around doing as they please.

Quote:
That kind of question had already been asked several times before. Heck, even if Tigre obtained that sword, what he can do about it? He even lose to normal foot soldier when it comes to melee combat. His dad taught him nothing but archery.
It's been causing me nothing but grief, that question. Not addressed to anyone in particular, but I would seriously appreciate it if people read through the entire thread before jumping on the post reply button.

Quote:
I feel rather confused here. If there will be only 7 viralts in this world, then what are Black bow and Durandal?
The Black Bow and Durandal are magical/mystical weapons just the same, only not in the same class/type/league as the Viralts. For one, the Viralts were said to have been handed down by the founding King (and Black Dragon in human form) of Zhcted to his seven wives; the Black Bow was passed down by the goddess of night and death Tir na Fa onto Tigre's ancestor (and inherited by his line all the way down to Tigre who is now the promising bearer); Durandal is the sword of the founding King of Brune, Charles, and kept by the royal family as an heirloom.

With the existence of these weapons, as mystical as they are, they also indirectly prove another thing (something Voljenoi's presence proved directly); that the myths and fairy tales they have aren't exactly just stories.
Old 2012-09-25, 06:34   Link #350
Insane
Banned

Umm, sorry for bothering you, but i got several questions :
Spoiler:

Probably i still have several questions, but i'll ask later (some guys on Jcafe24 are very cheap when it comes to sharing informations, damn them!)
Old 2012-09-25, 06:58   Link #351
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Spoiler:

Probably i still have several questions, but i'll ask later (some guys on Jcafe24 are very cheap when it comes to sharing informations, damn them!)
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-25, 06:59   Link #352
Mars Mode

Quote:
I'm totally clueless about that since summaries and spoilers from JCafe24 suddenly stopped at Volume 3 (Zephyr, i'm looking at you!). Umm, btw, has the civil wars in Briune (Tenaldie vs who-i-forgot) already cooled down at this volume?
Quote:
Spoiler:

Man they have no obligation to respond to any of your questions neither here nor in JCafe.

And if you actually read the thread at Jcafe you would understand the reasons behind Zephyr stopping his summaries.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 07:21   Link #353
havensgate
skull one

with tenaldi's death, ganlon's escape, and king's mental condition; the only powerful noble in brune is tigre right? from spoiler, other brune's noble are chicken-wuss, and tigre has the princess, just make him the king already :P
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 07:28   Link #354
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Man they have no obligation to respond to any of your questions neither here nor in JCafe.

And if you actually read the thread at Jcafe you would understand the reasons behind Zephyr stopping his summaries.
Aww man, just giving some words wouldn't hurt you, you know?
About Zephyr. Yeah, i've read about his circumstances but, without him, Madan no Ou thread in JCafe24 basically dead and people just speculating about this and that since there's no further reliable sources.

Quote:
with tenaldi's death, ganlon's escape, and king's mental condition; the only powerful noble in brune is tigre right? from spoiler, other brune's noble are chicken-wuss, and tigre has the princess, just make him the king already :P
Agree. Legend of a King with Magic Bullet works perfectly in Tigre's case.
Old 2012-09-25, 07:58   Link #355
Mars Mode

Quote:
Well Tigre does belong to Ellen

Quote:
Aww man, just giving some words wouldn't hurt you, you know?
About Zephyr. Yeah, i've read about his circumstances but, without him, Madan no Ou thread in JCafe24 basically dead and people just speculating about this and that since there's no further reliable sources.

Agree. Legend of a King with Magic Bullet works perfectly in Tigre's case.
Words are powerful my friend

Spoiler for Black dragon:
Old 2012-09-25, 08:00   Link #356
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ People talking about zephyr needs to stop now. He will emerge when he does so. It's insensitive to talk about his situation and insulting to imply he has any obligation to anyone. I would also suggest people look at prior pages for "chronological" spoilers, the thread is only 5 pages long after all.

And my continued thanks to Erhjegel foods his insights and spoilers'
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 08:10   Link #357
Insane
Banned

Quote:
And if I read right he even summoned a Black Dragon
Black Dragon? where? In what volume?
Old 2012-09-25, 08:19   Link #358
Mars Mode

Spoiler for Vol 5:
Old 2012-09-25, 08:26   Link #359
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol 5:
Really!? Probably i should get back to JCafe24 for awhile (no clue there's such spoilers). For now, i think i would refrain myself from asking too many questions there since those guys on JCafe24 rather sensitive about questions regarding spoilers and summaries. Aaaah, if only i knew Erhjegel from the start, i would dump all of my questions towards him (Many thanks, Erhjegel!)
Old 2012-09-25, 09:04   Link #360
Belgaesh

Thanks for answering all those question Erhjegel.

I keep thinking how would Tigre wield Durandal, it's a huge broadsword even bigger than Tigre himself. Maybe in the future may appear a companion that can wield it, but as Ganlon said it will take a few years.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)