AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 13:07   Link #1
bananapills

Quickly see topics I posted in

Where can I quickly see my topics I posted in?
I now click on my profilename->statistics->find all my posts.

But then I see every post I posted, I just want to see every topic I posted in.

There got to be a quicker/other way like most forums have right?

Maybe I didn't see something?
bananapills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 13:27   Link #2
Haiprbim
Banned

Interesting question, I don't think you are able to.

You can check all your posts, all threads started by you, you can check on which topics you've posted by manually going to that forum, and see how many posts were made by a specific user on that topic, but I do not believe there is a List that is displaying all the topics you've posted in.

Any specific reason why you would want that?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 14:12   Link #3
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Search at top of forums -> search -> advanced search -> enter username -> make sure show results by thread is selected and all forums selected.

And this should show what you're looking for.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 16:39   Link #4
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Search at top of forums -> search -> advanced search -> enter username -> make sure show results by thread is selected and all forums selected.

It only gives me two options: Find posts by the user and Find threads started by the user.
I've already included both in my previous post.

I do not know how you set that up.
I have set it on show Threads and on All Open Forums. Are you sure you got the wanted result?
Old 2013-07-02, 17:10   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
It only gives me two options: Find posts by the user and Find threads started by the user.
I've already included both in my previous post.

I do not know how you set that up.
I have set it on show Threads and on All Open Forums. Are you sure you got the wanted result?
Yes, this will give the result requested by the OP.

In the "Search by User Name" section, there's a drop-down list, and in that box select "Find Posts by User".

Then, in the "Show Results as" section in the bottom left, you select the radio button for "Threads".

This will give you a search of all the threads that you've posted in.

Another trick that you can do, if you want to easily get this going forward, is to go into Options and set the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "No Email Notification". And then all the threads you post in will automatically show up as subscribed threads in your User CP. This will only apply to threads going forward, though, so you'd have to do the aforementioned search and subscribe to all the old threads you want to keep.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:48   Link #6
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, this will give the result requested by the OP.

In the "Search by User Name" section, there's a drop-down list, and in that box select "Find Posts by User".

Then, in the "Show Results as" section in the bottom left, you select the radio button for "Threads".

This will give you a search of all the threads that you've posted in.
I have a strong feeling that this is exactly what I've done the first time after hearing this question, but didn't check what popped-up very well.

Here comes a sub-question. When doing so, is there a specific order in which the threads display on the list, or can it be set somewhere?

Quote:
Another trick that you can do, if you want to easily get this going forward, is to go into Options and set the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "No Email Notification". And then all the threads you post in will automatically show up as subscribed threads in your User CP. This will only apply to threads going forward, though, so you'd have to do the aforementioned search and subscribe to all the old threads you want to keep.
Nice trick indeed, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of keeping the top threads you are participating in on a special list before the others?
Maybe a so-called "Priority Subscription" would add that priority, but I guess that's just what you have to give away to use the subbing as a way of fully displaying.
Old 2013-07-03, 04:08   Link #7
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Here comes a sub-question. When doing so, is there a specific order in which the threads display on the list, or can it be set somewhere?
By default it is sorted by date of last post made in the thread (by anyone).

By changing "Sort Results by" under advanced search options you can sort the results in a variety of ways.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 13:13   Link #8
bananapills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post

Thanks !
bananapills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 15:49   Link #9
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Nice trick indeed, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of keeping the top threads you are participating in on a special list before the others?
Maybe a so-called "Priority Subscription" would add that priority, but I guess that's just what you have to give away to use the subbing as a way of fully displaying.
I believe you can have folders for your subscriptions. That should help you single out those threads that are particularly interesting to you.
Old 2013-07-13, 14:31   Link #10
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

As an alternative, if you have the option enabled, that will subscribe you to a thread you post in, those threads will show up in your user CP if when there are new posts.

Next to that list, there is a link that will show you all subscribed threads, which is pretty much the same thing you asked for, if you had that option enabled for long enough.
Was mentioned before, but in this case can you make something like a favorites list, to get into threads you not only read often but want to post things in when they are inactive?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote