Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-25, 11:11   Link #1
Dark_Oblivion
Gai's 'hip' rival :)

New anime suggestions?

Hey guys, i went on an anime break about a year and a half ago, and i wanna watch some new series now, so i was wondering if you could fill me in on any new series that are worth a watch (though old series are just as good)?

I'm looking for a series which is good animaton and has a decent amount of action. I have Wolf's Rain and Hajime no Ippo ready to watch (both of which i'm really enjoying), and i was thinking of starting Eureka 7 and Noein.

Some other series i've enjoyed include...

-FMA
-Gungrave (haven't actually finished this yet, probably get round to doing so now)
-Samurai 7 (again need to finish this... )
-Initial D
-Samurai Champloo

So any suggestions would be mucho appreciated, thanks
Old 2006-05-25, 12:36   Link #2
Crusaders
DoMz Member/Asa lover

Send a message via MSN to Crusaders
try Black Lagoon and Fate/stay night is also good...otherwise you can try this Utawarerumono, i think its good enough to call itself 2006 best anime
Old 2006-05-25, 21:16   Link #3
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

From the anime you've given us it seems you like the shounen-y ones. For this season, only Black Lagoon! has a decent amount of action and more or less an okay plot. In case you like monsters and SF, you could also try watching TOKKO.
Old 2006-05-25, 21:28   Link #4
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm....I don't know why so many people enjoyed Samurai 7. I hated it in fact. Wasted my time and all....

I'm currently watching Eureka Seven. Its pretty decent but I gotta say the focus of the anime is not mostly on action. There's quite a lot of speeches and revealations in the middle of the series. I sometimes got bored of it because of the lack of action.

Black Lagoon is pretty cool, lots of gunfights and the 'F' word but its not really my type of action. You can try watching the first 3 episodes to get a feel of it. TOKKO is a must watch if you love blood and gore scenes. It focus around demons and stuffs like that. Plus....you get to see some katana action.

I personally recommand Fate/Stay Night, Solty Rei, TOKKO, Witchblade, Shakugan no Shana.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:37   Link #5
Soujiro10

Hmm, well if you liked Samurai Champloo then you might also like Cowboy Bebop (made by the same person). The episodes are kinda random but it makes up for it in style.

Of course, if samurais and action are your thing then you difinitely cant go wrong with Rurouni Kenshin tv (up to the Kyoto Arc.....dont bother going past that ) and ovas. Pure action-oriented fun

Then theres the usual suggestions of Bleach/Naruto/One Piece (non-filler eps) but I'm sure youve already heard those

Btw, if you really end up enjoying Hajime No Ippo then i suggest you continue it on by checking out the manga. Well, well worth it
Old 2006-05-26, 14:29   Link #6
gmanr26

i completely agree with Soujiro10......
I'd just like to add the suggestion of Blood+, and The Third, two very cool animes, i think Blood+ has been licensed now though
Old 2006-05-26, 20:18   Link #7
miaka

Glass Fleet - currently ongoing, space action adventure
Utawarerumono - plot looks good with lots of action
Old 2006-05-27, 08:27   Link #8
wao
OK.

Do watch Noein. Don't be scared away by the fact that the characters look vastly different in some episodes and the animation isn't consistent, because there are some really creative designs and very innovative animation, and of course if you want excellent fight scenes you can find some of them there. (The big-bash highlight being episode 12; 24 also is good but there are other great ones scattered around too, like in 10 and 17 and 20 and I think 22, and of course 1) I guarantee you it is not a typical show in any way, even though the plot doesn't seem terribly fresh (but really, it does treat the whole 'alternate universe and time-traveling' thing quite differently from most shows in certain ways; though I still think it's a pity about that ending...) This was recently licensed.

As for other stuff like that. I suppose I will act like a broken recorder and suggest you to watch the last 3 episodes of Ayakashi. VERY satisfying action in the last episode - reminds us all just how freaking awesome anime can be. This is not licensed.

Besides that you could attempt GUN X SWORD (licensed) ... hm, the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs are really worth watching (of course, they're licensed) but the problem is that you need to have watched the Rurouni Kenshin TV series before that in order to really appreciate them. I don't know if you're willing to sit through it but it's not all that bad - it does have an entertaining story and good action...
Old 2006-05-27, 09:23   Link #9
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Oh, yeah! I forgot!

From among her choices, I guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed with Ayakashi's final three episodes ... as for the others ... heh ...
Closed Thread