Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 22:57   Link #1641
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
the moment it is posted on onemanga forums

welcome btw
So you lurk there but don't post.... tutut. Best GE community there. Well most proactive.

ANYWAYS
Spoiler for ge49 talk:
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 07:00   Link #1642
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
So you lurk there but don't post.... tutut. Best GE community there. Well most proactive.

ANYWAYS
Spoiler for ge49 talk:
Not been lurking, I'm just not as active as I am here, I just find OM forums sometimes a little too crowded with "unnecessary" posts (not just in the GE section) which often leads to one's post getting lost in the shuffle.
Some time ago I've been even actively posting in the GE fanclub there, dunno when and why I stopped to do so, the discussions there were good though. I guess lately I somehow didn't have that much desire to talk about GE and overall I feel more at home at AS than at OM even though the manga community here on an anime-focused board is not that active.

As for Tooru, I find it kinda hard to picture him as either. If he's, like some people predict, nice on the outside, an ass on the inside, then he's the same archetype as Kento and I'm not sure the author wants to use the same a second time.

If he's pictured as someone who did a mistake and is sorry about it but is actually a nice guy then it just supports Utsumi's false perception that Yuki's connection to him is that of lingering left-over romantic feelings. From an author's perspective however Utsumi has to be shocked about the truth to make it a powerful plot device in that special moment. Just reinforcing Utsumi's simplistic and naive imagination would be extremely anticlimatic.

So what's left? He could be the batshit crazy villain... but then again that'd be a little over the top, even Kento was spent a modest side later.

Maybe I'm being a little unfair to the author since none of the possibilities strike me as a good choice but she may be able to create something good inbetween or something completely unthought.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 15:16   Link #1643
random_guy

Quote:
Not been lurking, I'm just not as active as I am here, I just find OM forums sometimes a little too crowded with "unnecessary" posts (not just in the GE section) which often leads to one's post getting lost in the shuffle.
Some time ago I've been even actively posting in the GE fanclub there, dunno when and why I stopped to do so, the discussions there were good though. I guess lately I somehow didn't have that much desire to talk about GE and overall I feel more at home at AS than at OM even though the manga community here on an anime-focused board is not that active.

As for Tooru, I find it kinda hard to picture him as either. If he's, like some people predict, nice on the outside, an ass on the inside, then he's the same archetype as Kento and I'm not sure the author wants to use the same a second time.

If he's pictured as someone who did a mistake and is sorry about it but is actually a nice guy then it just supports Utsumi's false perception that Yuki's connection to him is that of lingering left-over romantic feelings. From an author's perspective however Utsumi has to be shocked about the truth to make it a powerful plot device in that special moment. Just reinforcing Utsumi's simplistic and naive imagination would be extremely anticlimatic.

So what's left? He could be the batshit crazy villain... but then again that'd be a little over the top, even Kento was spent a modest side later.

Maybe I'm being a little unfair to the author since none of the possibilities strike me as a good choice but she may be able to create something good inbetween or something completely unthought.
I think that he is not going to be a bad guy after all. I mean he will be a douche, but not an evil person. My opinion comes from the fact that Yuki is still having second thoughs about him and that alone makes you thing that IF there is something evil about this guy, is something that Yuki haven't noticed yet.

If this guy is an evil person that did something awfully terrible to Yuki, why should her have that kind of feelings towards him? Yuki should be HATING him, not loving or missing him!

My theory is that there is something that this Touru guy wants, but Yuki cannot give it to him, so this guy made something bad to her in order to obtain it by force, so she feels guilty because she thinks that she is the one that made things torn apart, and that's why she has no closure for her previous relationship with Touru and keeps thinking about him and how things became the way they are now. Yuki have these resentment with Touru, but at the same time, she feels that she could do something more when that happened and maybe that thing could fix things on that time, but now is impossible, years have passed and things are done.

So, another thing that i believe that bothers Yuki are those "rumors" about her that are mentioned in chapter 49, they've must be something so terrible to bear alone, so she decided to leave all behind and that is not something easy to do, your past will be discovered sometime in the future, so is another obvious conflict inside her... what would Ucchi think about those rumors? Is he going to believe them or is he going to ignore them? or is he going to defend her?

What about her friends?, what are they going to do? She has A LOT to think about before having a love relationship with Ucchi, don't you think?
random_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 16:53   Link #1644
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_guy View Post
I think that he is not going to be a bad guy after all. I mean he will be a douche, but not an evil person. My opinion comes from the fact that Yuki is still having second thoughs about him and that alone makes you thing that IF there is something evil about this guy, is something that Yuki haven't noticed yet.

If this guy is an evil person that did something awfully terrible to Yuki, why should her have that kind of feelings towards him? Yuki should be HATING him, not loving or missing him!

My theory is that there is something that this Touru guy wants, but Yuki cannot give it to him, so this guy made something bad to her in order to obtain it by force, so she feels guilty because she thinks that she is the one that made things torn apart, and that's why she has no closure for her previous relationship with Touru and keeps thinking about him and how things became the way they are now. Yuki have these resentment with Touru, but at the same time, she feels that she could do something more when that happened and maybe that thing could fix things on that time, but now is impossible, years have passed and things are done.

So, another thing that i believe that bothers Yuki are those "rumors" about her that are mentioned in chapter 49, they've must be something so terrible to bear alone, so she decided to leave all behind and that is not something easy to do, your past will be discovered sometime in the future, so is another obvious conflict inside her... what would Ucchi think about those rumors? Is he going to believe them or is he going to ignore them? or is he going to defend her?

What about her friends?, what are they going to do? She has A LOT to think about before having a love relationship with Ucchi, don't you think?
You seem to have the same perception about Yuki's current relation to Tooru as Utsumi has, which I think is just plain wrong. Never is there any definite mentioning about that she still has romantic feelings for him. Utsumi thought that, confronted her with his view and as a result made Yuki so mad she snapped, stating that he "knows nothing".
I think whenever she thinks of him or is reminded of him it's a moment of shock and sadness for her since it reminds her of how he broke her trust, especially since she did love him back then but I don't see any evidence that she has still feelings for him anymore.
Old 2010-09-02, 17:08   Link #1645
random_guy

Quote:
You seem to have the same perception about Yuki's current relation to Tooru as Utsumi has, which I think is just plain wrong. Never is there any definite mentioning about that she still has romantic feelings for him. Utsumi thought that, confronted her with his view and as a result made Yuki so mad she snapped, stating that he "knows nothing".
I think whenever she thinks of him or is reminded of him it's a moment of shock and sadness for her since it reminds her of how he broke her trust, especially since she did love him back then but I don't see any evidence that she has still feelings for him anymore.

But if she doesn't have feelings for him, why does she cry?

I mean, yes it could be shock, anger and sadness buy WHY does she said his name when she was in the Hotel with Ucchi while she was drunk and unconsious?

And when she thinks that he was in the croud during the concert date, she was in total shock, she almost had like an orgasm, dude! "T... Tou... Touru... AH! I CAME!"

Is like when Shou encountered her ex during their last date, she was OBVIOUSLY crushed! If she didn't have any feelings towards her ex, there will be no reaction at all.

Someone that doesn´t have any feelings towards another person doens't have any reason to keep running away and not move on.
Old 2010-09-02, 21:32   Link #1646
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
But if she doesn't have feelings for him, why does she cry?

I mean, yes it could be shock, anger and sadness buy WHY does she said his name when she was in the Hotel with Ucchi while she was drunk and unconsious?

And when she thinks that he was in the croud during the concert date, she was in total shock, she almost had like an orgasm, dude! "T... Tou... Touru... AH! I CAME!"

Is like when Shou encountered her ex during their last date, she was OBVIOUSLY crushed! If she didn't have any feelings towards her ex, there will be no reaction at all.

Someone that doesn´t have any feelings towards another person doens't have any reason to keep running away and not move on.
She may have reached out to him in the hotel ages ago, but you must remember that thats completely subconcious.

Conciously the girl is terrified by Touru. Oh and bring him up and say Yuki still likes him and she goes CRAZY.

She's not over what he did obviously. But she's not in love with him. But she is trying. Definitely trying.
Old 2010-09-03, 06:44   Link #1647
random_guy

Quote:
She may have reached out to him in the hotel ages ago, but you must remember that thats completely subconcious.

Conciously the girl is terrified by Touru. Oh and bring him up and say Yuki still likes him and she goes CRAZY.

She's not over what he did obviously. But she's not in love with him. But she is trying. Definitely trying.
For me, everything that is made by your subconcious is the real YOU.

I mean, yes, she could be "trying", but again, if theres "nothing" at all, there is no need to "try" nothing in the first place.

Believe me that i LOVE the idea that she doesn't care about Touru anymore, but for what i can tell, she's not over it and she is terrified because she doesn't know what will happen when she meets him...

Am i going to fall again for him?, is he going to recognize me?, is he going to ask for my forgiveness?, is he going to hurt me again?, is he looking for me?, does he still love me?, is he going to tell Utsumi about my past?, etc, etc, etc.

All those questions CAN terrify a woman when they see an ex and i think that those questions are on Yuki's mind as well and that's why she is so terrified.
Old 2010-09-03, 06:56   Link #1648
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
For me, everything that is made by your subconcious is the real YOU.

I mean, yes, she could be "trying", but again, if theres "nothing" at all, there is no need to "try" nothing in the first place.

Believe me that i LOVE the idea that she doesn't care about Touru anymore, but for what i can tell, she's not over it and she is terrified because she doesn't know what will happen when she meets him...

Am i going to fall again for him?, is he going to recognize me?, is he going to ask for my forgiveness?, is he going to hurt me again?, is he looking for me?, does he still love me?, is he going to tell Utsumi about my past?, etc, etc, etc.

All those questions CAN terrify a woman when they see an ex and i think that those questions are on Yuki's mind as well and that's why she is so terrified.
Well I will tell you this much. ALL we need is one good look at Touru's face and a lot of the reasons as to why Yuki is terrified will be solved. If he is the guy in chapter 11 page 23 holding the camera, then yes I can see why she would be terrified.
Old 2010-09-03, 08:12   Link #1649
random_guy

Quote:
Well I will tell you this much. ALL we need is one good look at Touru's face and a lot of the reasons as to why Yuki is terrified will be solved. If he is the guy in chapter 11 page 23 holding the camera, then yes I can see why she would be terrified.
Hmm true.

I can tell right away looking to that image that this is a plot of several people against her. Just look thare are like 5 guys looking at the camera, maybe he raped (by drugging her or making her drunk) her and caught it on film!
Old 2010-09-03, 12:07   Link #1650
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
Hmm true.

I can tell right away looking to that image that this is a plot of several people against her. Just look thare are like 5 guys looking at the camera, maybe he raped (by drugging her or making her drunk) her and caught it on film!
I very much doubt it was rape.

She isn't damaged enough for it to be rape. If it was rape you'find it very hard to find 5 guys to watch it in awe anyway. But the main thing is most rape victims are completely terrified of intimacy afterwards and distrust all men. Yuki on the other hand was completely fine being around Utsumi and with him kissing her. So no, not rape.

I just think that Touru filmed himself having sex with Yuki and then showed it to his mates.
Old 2010-09-03, 20:19   Link #1651
MikiMata

Quote:
She isn't damaged enough for it to be rape. If it was rape you'find it very hard to find 5 guys to watch it in awe anyway. But the main thing is most rape victims are completely terrified of intimacy afterwards and distrust all men. Yuki on the other hand was completely fine being around Utsumi and with him kissing her. So no, not rape.

I just think that Touru filmed himself having sex with Yuki and then showed it to his mates.
I don't believe it was a rape, either. But, even if the sex itself was consensual, filming it and showing it around would still be a gross, horrible, huge betrayal - I would lose all respect for Yuki as a girl if she even contemplated taking back a guy like that.

So, I'm assuming the mangaka has another plot twist up her sleeve; something like, maybe Tooru's friends set up the camera at a party without his knowledge, so Tooru himself is not directly responsible for the betrayal. That would make the situation more complicated.
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 20:37   Link #1652
random_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiMata View Post
I don't believe it was a rape, either. But, even if the sex itself was consensual, filming it and showing it around would still be a gross, horrible, huge betrayal - I would lose all respect for Yuki as a girl if she even contemplated taking back a guy like that.

So, I'm assuming the mangaka has another plot twist up her sleeve; something like, maybe Tooru's friends set up the camera at a party without his knowledge, so Tooru himself is not directly responsible for the betrayal. That would make the situation more complicated.
No, Touru is not innocent here! She clearly said it, the guy made her something bad and it was really painful for her.

And i'm staying with the raping theory, the scene in chapter 11 page 23 clearly shows a raping scene, maybe Yuki was under the influence of ruffies or alcohol and Touru made his move, his buddies taped it and showed it to the rest of the school.

It's very common that girls that suffers rape also are victims of rumours and segregation from society, so it's not strange that maybe jealous bitches from school spreaded rumours about her after knowing that she was raped.
Old 2010-09-03, 21:39   Link #1653
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
No, Touru is not innocent here! She clearly said it, the guy made her something bad and it was really painful for her.

And i'm staying with the raping theory, the scene in chapter 11 page 23 clearly shows a raping scene, maybe Yuki was under the influence of ruffies or alcohol and Touru made his move, his buddies taped it and showed it to the rest of the school.

It's very common that girls that suffers rape also are victims of rumours and segregation from society, so it's not strange that maybe jealous bitches from school spreaded rumours about her after knowing that she was raped.
You believe it was rape but at the same time insist on Yuki still having feelings for him? Are you for real? This is no freaking hentai.

And no, it doesn't clearly show a rape scene. We've been thoroughly examining this page in a special thread at OM forums and the consent was that there is not enough evidence in this single panel to definitely prove whether or whether not it was rape - we see no facial expressions, no acts of surpression or intoxication (Yuki's hand is neither pushing him away nor is it numb from intoxication).
Stick with your "raping theory" if you must but don't sell it as anything other than just a theory or as you called it, "clear".
Old 2010-09-03, 21:40   Link #1654
n0c0ntr0l

GE 49 is up in english. Go get it from scanlators site.
Old 2010-09-03, 22:12   Link #1655
random_guy

Quote:
You believe it was rape but at the same time insist on Yuki still having feelings for him? Are you for real? This is no freaking hentai.

And no, it doesn't clearly show a rape scene. We've been thoroughly examining this page in a special thread at OM forums and the consent was that there is not enough evidence in this single panel to definitely prove whether or whether not it was rape - we see no facial expressions, no acts of surpression or intoxication (Yuki's hand is neither pushing him away nor is it numb from intoxication).
Stick with your "raping theory" if you must but don't sell it as anything other than just a theory or as you called it, "clear".
It's just a theory, no reason to get mad :S

Quote:
GE 49 is up in english. Go get it from scanlators site.
Thank you!!!! Reading it right now
Old 2010-09-04, 11:42   Link #1656
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Chapter 49:

Quote:

It's not rape.
Spoiler for Chapter 49:
It's going to hurt to read the next few chapters.
Old 2010-09-04, 11:59   Link #1657
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Spoiler for 49:
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 07:05   Link #1658
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 49:

It's not rape.
Spoiler for Chapter 49:
It's going to hurt to read the next few chapters.
The as a man thing is a confessio actually. Stil I agree. Definitely not rape. The other thing its really not is her being cheated on. Simply because if she was cheated on, there would have been plenty of support from her friends from her.

Whatever happened to her burned all her bridges. So I'm still going to call sex tape.
Old 2010-09-05, 11:33   Link #1659
Kazey

Hmm.. IMO, I think there is a sextape but not between Torou and Yuki, but torou with another girl.
Kazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 11:51   Link #1660
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazey View Post
Hmm.. IMO, I think there is a sextape but not between Torou and Yuki, but torou with another girl.
Probably the most rational explenation considering that it will/would shut up all those shouting/crying otakus.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi