AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-10-14, 03:07   Link #1621
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Yeah, it's up here - I kept bugging sasahara17 to come here and post, till other people had to put it up here. Still, a bump and new readers are always welcome!

And yes, I'm the same Wild Goose who's his BETA reader.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 04:07   Link #1622
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hey, anyone here is female?

Just want to check how many fangirl does Muv-Luv have, and how many dare to write its fic.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 04:56   Link #1623
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

There are no women on the internet. There never were any, and there shall be none.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 06:11   Link #1624
Chibiloli

are there any other series I could use for researching Mech Tactics besides Muv-Luv? I already used 40K Space Marine tactics on Mecha, and Gundam is of no help, and Macross seems to be more on dogfights and Itano Circuses, I need something for anti-mech combat since the BETA are no longer a threat by season 2 of my story, earth is now involved in a Tug of war between an Imperium of Man Expy faction with some Sci-fi and anime Nazi elements(Kerberos Panzerkorp armour, Zeon Mobile Suits, and IG Lasguns), a Tau Expy faction with humans rather than aliens, and a space version of the U.N from my main OC's universe, Alternative earth now has to learn anti-mech combat.
Old 2013-10-14, 06:13   Link #1625
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
are there any other series I could use for researching Mech Tactics besides Muv-Luv? I already used 40K Space Marine tactics on Mecha, and Gundam is of no help, and Macross seems to be more on dogfights and Itano Circuses, I need something for anti-mech combat since the BETA are no longer a threat by season 2 of my story, earth is now involved in a Tug of war between an Imperium of Man Expy faction with some Sci-fi and anime Nazi elements(Kerberos Panzerkorp armour, Zeon Mobile Suits, and IG Lasguns), a Tau Expy faction with humans rather than aliens, and a space version of the U.N from my main OC's universe, Alternative earth now has to learn anti-mech combat.
BattleTech?
Old 2013-10-14, 06:57   Link #1626
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Somewhat related---and very important for issuzaki, AMT, Goose, and yes even Fireminer to realize...
Composer Bear McReary and I have the exact same approach to creative process:
http://youtu.be/52xxaVKoI-c
The only difference is that he writes music for TV shows, I write...fanfiction. But both, apparently, involve lots of alcohol and bouts of insane weeping, ranting, screaming, and appeals to fictional characters to save me...(Kozuki-chan, please save me from my macdness or else execute me nowwww)

EDIT: Yes. ESPECIALLY the bashing my head against the keyboard. That is so identical to me that it's scary...

EDIT2: And the uncontrollable bouts of screaming whenever we write something that DOES NOT WORK.

(ohgodno, wilkes chewing onthat cigar is too much innuendoDAMMIT STOP THAT)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 06:59   Link #1627
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Somewhat related---and very important for issuzaki, AMT, Goose, and yes even Fireminer to realize...
The only difference is that he writes music for TV shows, I write...fanfiction. But both, apparenrly, involve lots of alcohol and bouts of insane weeping, ranting, screaming, and appeals to fictional characters to save me...
Sorry! Can't hear due to the burned audio card!
Old 2013-10-14, 07:02   Link #1628
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
The only difference is that he writes music for TV shows, I write...fanfiction. But both, apparenrly, involve lots of alcohol and bouts of insane weeping, ranting, screaming, and appeals to fictional characters to save me...
Sorry! Can't hear due to the burned audio card! But that's one heck of a crazy process!
Old 2013-10-14, 10:54   Link #1629
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
If you want good mech tactics (and tactics in general), Ryosuke Takahashi is your friend:

AFVs vs Tactical Armors from Gasaraki (inb4 boring Evaclone): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4b-haPATmI

Now some UN tacticool mecha vs Chin...I mean, terrorist tacticool mecha, from Flag: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGTOGdMq18‎

Sadly, I couldn't find a good video of VOTOMS.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 00:24   Link #1630
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Gasaraki started out great, but towards the end it ran into a fuckton of problems and couldn't actually figure out what the hell it wanted to do or be.

FLAG... damnit, I keep meaning to watch that series.

And a sidestory to Comet (well, the first page anyway):

Spoiler for STAB Days:

The people:
Lt. Commander David Jackson: First appearing in the comments for LTC Ken Jackson's blog post in Comet Chapter 7, Dave Jackson is the son of a US Army F-15 pilot who joined the Navy to fly Tomcats. He's served with a number of Tomcat squadrons, and recently took up the XO slot for VF-84 Jolly Rogers, best goddamn Tomcat Squadron in the goddamn Fleet (because Fuck You age, VF-84 was disbanded due to Cold War ending, there's no reason for them to be disbanded now).

Like Yuuya, he has issues with being Japanese-American, and identifies more as American rather than Japanese. Like Yuuya he also has dad issues - he and his dad ran into each other at Red Flag 00 and pretty much ignored their flights to try and shoot each other down, lol. Constantly ribbing his dad, who constantly trolls him. Is annoyed by how his old man is a total weaboo trying to get grandma's approval.

Being a Naval Aviator, his chips on the shoulder are few because he is a pilot and he is blessed by god and fuck that noise he's alpha as fuck, he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.

Lt. Commander Tabitha "Ice" Kazanski: Friend of Dave's from flight school at Pensacola. An Ice Cold By the Book Bitch. Has white hair. Soft, fluffy white hair. Did I mention her hair? Kinda slender and small but still nicely porportioned, with curves where they need to be. Her old man was a Navy pilot who was KIA during a thinning operation.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-15, 00:32   Link #1631
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yes... I could smell your style a mile away, Goose.

But Jolly Rogers, huh? This gonna to be explosive!

But whom will write it? You or Alastor?
Old 2013-10-15, 02:06   Link #1632
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm writing it. And what do you mean smell my style a mile away? I wasn't aware I had a style.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-15, 03:56   Link #1633
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yes you do, just like everyone else. That kind of plot, it smell of chaos.
Old 2013-10-15, 04:28   Link #1634
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

How is this chaos?

Also, before anyone else asks, yes, I knew about this, and explicitly gave Goose my blessings.
Old 2013-10-15, 04:31   Link #1635
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Put it simple: Not as angst as Wavehawk, but something more... Complicated!
Old 2013-10-15, 04:33   Link #1636
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

That's...that's not chaos.
Old 2013-10-15, 05:13   Link #1637
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yeah, the words coming from a man who want to join Stasi with Beatrix. Not to mention connecting himself to Axman...

Anyway, Alastor, in every bit of your work, I could found something... weird. Couldn't identified as good or bad, but that give me a gloomy feeling.
Old 2013-10-15, 14:53   Link #1638
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Yeah, the words coming from a man who want to join Stasi with Beatrix. Not to mention connecting himself to Axman...
Who WOULDN'T join the Stasi JUST for Beatrix? I know I would. Shit, it doesn't matter if she tortures me in...a peculiar way I've been thinking of recently, and kills me in the process, but Beatrix is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Gasaraki started out great, but towards the end it ran into a fuckton of problems and couldn't actually figure out what the hell it wanted to do or be.
The last episode is really the only one I didn't like. It was a lame, condensed version of the final arc of VOTOMS, but with Eva elements I didn't like at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
FLAG... damnit, I keep meaning to watch that series.
You're gonna love it.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 04:57   Link #1639
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Dear Yuzuka-chan:
Please lend me that axe. Because if I'm not finished with this @~%#@!$ing A@%$@$% segment of fanfic I'm writing by the end of this week I will have to hack my skull in half and post it on the forums for all to see thta I've got no brains but a lump of white fat pretendign to be some sort of crazy intelligent fanfiction writer.
- Wavehawk

*SOB*

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-10-17 at 08:40.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 20:26   Link #1640
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*embraces Wavehawk with manly brotherhood of shared suffering*

I share your pain, my brother of shared suffering. I too am facing the same problems with my own works and STAB Days (oh my god why is it turning into a harem series).

Only difference is that I blew my disposable income on Warfram (Oh Lotus no) so I can't medicate with beer.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
fanfiction, harem