AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-19, 07:23   Link #1
NeoSam

To Heart 2 OVA

A To Heart 2 OVA

To Heart 2 ~Another Days~

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
New To Heart 2 OVA Series Announced
Following the Fall, 2005 broadcast of a TV animation, AquaPlus has announced a new To Heart 2 OVA series. Three volumes will comprise the release set for distribution this winter. Confirmed staff include charachter designer Yanagisawa Masahide (Rurouni Kenshin OVA, Bottle Fairy), Katsura Kenichirou (Imortal Grand Prix) and Kato Yasuhisa (Azumanga Daioh). Content is uncertain at this time but if the the videogame series by Leaf (which recently got an "X-Rated Version") is anything to go by, the medium of Original Video Animation could allow for decidedly greater artistic freedoms. On the game side Leaf is currently preparing the tentatively titled "ToHeart2 Anaza-Deizu". To Heart originally debuted as a hentai visual novel love adventure for PC in 1997.

Last edited by xris; 2007-03-10 at 08:43.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 10:21   Link #2
eggplant
Eggplant

The official site for the ToHeart 2 OVA has opened.

Since there is going to be a screening event held on Janurary 7th, I don't think the release date for the first OVA will be much later than that (unless they pull a Negima).

OVA vol. 1 lists Tama-nee, Ilfa, Konomi, and Manaka in the credits, so I suppose each of the three OVAs will have different heoines, unless they want to hide the names of the new characters.

I don't seen OLM credited in the production team, I suppose I should be relieved.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 11:45   Link #3
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
OVA vol. 1 lists Tama-nee, Ilfa, Konomi, and Manaka in the credits, so I suppose each of the three OVAs will have different heoines, unless they want to hide the names of the new characters.
Seeing Sarasa and Marian animated automatically warrants a DVD purchase in the near future ^^;;

It would be awesome if they plan to go though the student council arc, though for an OVA it will probably be too short for such a long story...
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 18:31   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Seeing Sarasa and Marian animated automatically warrants a DVD purchase in the near future ^^;;
I can easily agree with you there. :3

Judging from the poster & the fact that its only three OAV's, the animation shall be one of the main points i'm looking forward to.
Old 2006-10-27, 19:01   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i am excited. i am more excited about the upcoming game. i wish they would release alot more info soon. this winter season is pretty awesome with all the games and shows coming out. i havent been this excited for new releases in at least three years. of course i have never been as broke as i am now
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 07:11   Link #6
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Spoiler for Some new pics:

I'm still struggling to wipe off that silly grin off my face after seeing these pics.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-06-05 at 08:54.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 22:24   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They all look very cute (so is the recent incursion of wheeled girls a nod to diversity or something I probably don't want to know?)
I find it interesting that the To Heart people have been able to come back to this particular universe/world so many times successfully. They've kind of got the "location stays the same but new people and new stories cycle through" thing down pat.
Old 2007-02-27, 09:30   Link #8
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Great news for TH2 fans - the first OVA is out

Spoiler:

Aside from the new OP and ED and a few exceptions, much of the background music are the same as those from the game (game players will instantly recognize them).

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2007-02-27 at 21:00.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 09:37   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
much of the background music are the same as those from the game (game players will instantly recognize them).
Very happy to hear that Kyoani aren't the only ones that use the game music, excellent. I'm sure people can agree with me when i say that the musical score for ToHeart2 is one of the best out there. I just wish i knew the correct composers for each track. :3
Old 2007-03-01, 03:50   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Now this was a great OVA and this is what the original series should have been.

the opening sequence really has me psyched up. i cant wait for komaki's sister and maaryan to pop in and cause trouble. seeing all the characters this time around really has me excited. the drawings seem much cleaner and the color palette doesnt look like it came from the 50 cent store.

as stated adding the original game music worked out beautifully and was what i was actually expecting from the prior TV series.

alot of the character colors were touched up on, all for the better. well except maybe takaaki, looks like he got a tan at the beach w. i think the twins hair color is a good choice. ilfa's color is perfect. all the girls looked great.

the story line was decent. i actually really enjoyed having ilfa in the episode, where as in the game i was slightly annoyed with her at the end of her story line. it felt like yuji was slightly out of character, sure he is into girls, but the peeping may have been a little much. but it all works out in the end.

i hope we get alot more of karin and yuma this time around.
Spoiler:

the ending theme music is also from the game tracks, did they add lyrics to the ending theme or had it already been released on the limited character CDs that were with the DVDs released earlier?

so i keep asking myself why dont i subscribe to megami magazine? then i remember, oh yeah, my girlfriend would shoot me if i had all those pics and posters hanging in my room.

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2007-03-01 at 04:04.
Old 2007-03-01, 14:04   Link #11
Greenish Growth

So is the second episode going to center on Yuki and the third on Sasara and Marianne?

Are there any descriptions on their website there? ?^_^?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 11:19   Link #12
Boukenxha

Hmm... just something of interest in the OP sequence of the OVA...

Spoiler:
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 13:37   Link #13
Kisuke06
I see...

So, any groups plan on subbing the OVAs?
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 17:41   Link #14
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
So, any groups plan on subbing the OVAs?
I.....I won't make promises.....but......

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 09:24   Link #15
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Well, i would assume AQ was working on it, but if not i have made it a little side project. I am about 25% done translating and setting the timing in aegis. of course my japanese is only 75% accurate so I may have to find a little help in translating some parts in the near future.

there is a limited version of the DVD that comes with a small music CD, i think its the new opening song. i wanted to get a blue ray version of the limited edition but it doesnt appear they make it. I actually was looking for any anime on blue ray and its still very scarce, if any at all.

at least i cant go out and buy a pS3 which i dont need anyway. i dont have a good excuse to get one now, w

EDIT: ALL DONE! need to proof it again then encode it and we are on the way!

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2007-03-08 at 06:24.
Old 2007-03-10, 09:50   Link #16
Kisuke06
I see...

First OVA released by Tatertotz. =D
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 02:16   Link #17
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

。・゚・(ノ∀`)・゚・。 *These are tears of joy*

This is what ToHeart 2 the anime should have been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu View Post
Hmm... just something of interest in the OP sequence of the OVA...

What's with the fading shots of each girl looking depressed?
Each of those sequences represented a very important scene/location for each heroine in the game. Explaining some of them will have HUGE spoilers though~ ^^;;
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 16:45   Link #18
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Is the ova h264 or xvid?

[edit: turns out it's WMV9]

Last edited by Samatarou; 2007-03-11 at 21:43.
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 16:53   Link #19
Maritime
Oceanic

I've just finished watching episode one, the episode itself was quite good but to be truthful I was really giddy to finally get to see more ToHeart goodness. The artwork seemed to be a lot better this time around and I'm glad that the animators finally got around to making the Himeyuri twins hair colours different enough to actually tell them apart at a glance. I'm glad they kept Sango's "Ruu"s and "Love-Love"s.

Aside from the Himeyuri's episode one didn't focus on many of my favourite characters but the preview for episode two looks great, I can't wait.
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 17:37   Link #20
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

h264 version is not available atm. mplayerclassic works best to play it I believe.

Tags
aquaplus, bishoujo, leaf, ova, romance, school life