AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 02:41   Link #1181
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Yeah to fight Arf as Linith you have to finish the game. I dunno if there is other condition though.
To fight Arf as Linith you just have to use Arf in all the battles of Sequence 3.

Anyways, back to my beloved laptop, I'm gonna make a rather long semi-review of the game plus the notable parts in each sequence. Plenty of spoilers and interesting tidbits for fanfic writers and OC-makers abound so watch out for it in an hour or two!

*runs off to start typing*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 03:24   Link #1182
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Any people who have the game get the GOD box? If so, how are the contents of that?
Old 2011-12-26, 03:55   Link #1183
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
I'm still wondering about that DVD
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 03:56   Link #1184
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

@Raiser: Unfortunately, Amiami is on Holiday break, so I probably won't find out until after new years, or whenever they're open again. x.x
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 03:56   Link #1185
Aaron008R

UCHUU KITAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!! >:3

Well, I spent most of Christmas hanging out with my family in the province, eating and playing this game. While not the most enjoyable Christmas I've had it's loads better than the one I had last year where I had to work.

The Gears of Destiny is certainly one game you can tell the producers pulled out all the stops for. Polishing the experience from The Battle of Aces, the gameplay is much more challenging, fast and furious. And it's TONS more enjoyable because of that.

Below is the promised semi-review/synopsis categorized per 'Sequence,' which is basically story mode where you pick characters to play and/or characters to fight largely dependent on the scenario.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

Spoiler for Sequence One:

MGLN A's Portable: THE GEARS OF DESTINY

To be continued...

Ooookay...
This is gonna be WAY longer than I imagined... Change of plans, I'm gonna make multiple posts per Sequence and then just organize them later with hyperlinks. We have 12 Sequences in total so that will be another 12 posts, including my final comments.

*takes a deep breath*

AWRIGHT! Here's the appetizer for the late MGLN Christmas Feast today! Just wait for our main entrees after some more time!

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2011-12-29 at 12:33.
Old 2011-12-26, 04:15   Link #1186
OrderNorChaos

Just took out the DVD to have a look...

The first CG special is a CG animated version of the OP except no photos of the professor XD

Edit: the second special is re-using the same CGs to briefly introduce the story. Of course, cue in final attacks from the 3 Aces and their material counterparts against U-D

Last edited by OrderNorChaos; 2011-12-26 at 04:19. Reason: Added in 2nd CG special
OrderNorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 04:29   Link #1187
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

If Dearche was really monopolizing all the power of the "Darkness" of the Book of Darkness it makes sense that she overpowered Hayate and the weakened Reinforce as IIRC the original Defense Program took the combined effort of ALL the main cast just to knock it out enough time to be wiped out by the Arc-en-Ciel xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 05:21   Link #1188
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Feeling really conflicted about the knowledge that Amitie is an idiot, but knowing she's an awesome older sister... I guess I can live with it.

Loving Kyrie though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 07:47   Link #1189
tiancai

Anyone know how to unlock Fate's sonic form?
tiancai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 07:51   Link #1190
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Press R and then L. Same with Levi.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 08:05   Link #1191
Aaron008R

Annnd... Time for our main courses!

MGLN A's Portable: THE GEARS OF DESTINY

Sequence 2 & 3

I'll be commenting on sequences 2 and 3 this time. Let's start! >:3

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD

Spoiler for Sequence 2:

Next up is Sequence 3, about Fate and Arf.
Spoiler for Sequence 3:

Whew. One thing I like about these games is that they really make me care about Fate. She has gotten rather dull as an adult, despite still being a delicious teasing target. But then again, I guess it's just the execution in StrikerS. She's still loads of fun when she gets her parts in Vivid.

Of course! Next sequence is about my favorites Hayate and Reinforce! I'll be posting the next part tomorrow since I'll have to go to work. But please stay tuned. >:3

To be continued...

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2012-01-02 at 06:07.
Old 2011-12-26, 08:28   Link #1192
Laith
*Author

If you want I can upload all the CGs to photobucket so you can use them on your summaries.

Also, on the Stern vs Yuuno fight there is a really good lampshade about something that bothered (and apparently him too).

Yuuno: Why do you use fire if you are a clone of Nanoha.
Stern: ...I don't know

Also, also, Levi is the best and her viewer motion is a thing. God, Levi makes me want to write something about her.
Old 2011-12-26, 08:34   Link #1193
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Feeling really conflicted about the knowledge that Amitie is an idiot, but knowing she's an awesome older sister... I guess I can live with it.
Oh, don't worry. Amitie will prove that she's a great character by her own merit. It's only a couple of Sequences away from her Crowning Moment of Awesome after all.

Quote:
Loving Kyrie though.
Yup! We really have a sore lack of trickster characters here. Combined with the fact that Kyrie is a complete flirt with hidden depths, she's a sight for sore eyes. >:3

Quote:
If you want I can upload all the CGs to photobucket so you can use them on your summaries.
If you don't mind, then please! Thanks! Summaries with pics is always a plus!

Quote:
Also, on the Stern vs Yuuno fight there is a really good lampshade about something that bothered (and apparently him too).

Yep, I missed that one. Stern mentions that it just came naturally to her.

Quote:
Also, also, Levi is the best and her viewer motion is a thing. God, Levi makes me want to write something about her.
She's easily the darling Material of many characters in the game. She's the one who's actually in friendly relationships with the most people out of the Materials.

OC Profiles
Old 2011-12-26, 08:59   Link #1194
TheScarletSword
Befriender

Send a message via AIM to TheScarletSword Send a message via MSN to TheScarletSword
Very nice job with the mini-translations!

*is more fond of Amita now after seeing personality, though the things she yelled in-game was kind of a hint anyway

EDIT: Does anybody know what the eleventh battle is in Sequence 7? I've cleared all path choices for Side-P yet it still shows 10/11 battles completed...

Last edited by TheScarletSword; 2011-12-26 at 11:26.
TheScarletSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 12:14   Link #1195
Laith
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarletSword View Post
EDIT: Does anybody know what the eleventh battle is in Sequence 7? I've cleared all path choices for Side-P yet it still shows 10/11 battles completed...
It's in side-P but you have to finish the game, according to Aaron fighting with Arf on Sequence 3, and then play it again. Instead of fighting Fate you fight Arf on 04B.
Old 2011-12-26, 12:26   Link #1196
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I instantly started to like Levi xD! God she's funny. the florian sisters are compluicated for me, so far i find Amitie endearing but i'm waiting for her to become awesome, as for Kyrie i'll be again the Bad Buddy Bird and say i find her very easy to dislike xDU. But again those are more likely just my first impressions, i'll wasit to see what happens with them.

Excelent job Aaron xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-26, 12:41   Link #1197
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
The term Lost Logia seemd like a very convenient one from the beginning of the franchise because it basically means "whatever the plot needs that don't require too much explanation" xD.
Unless the time-travel technology was called a Lost Logia, that doesn't apply.

Even IF the technology is Lost Logia, it doesn't apply, because someone in the future can eventually re-discover it!

But speaking of Lost Logia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Levi happily explains that System U-D and the Materials were part of the Core System of the Book of Darkness/Night Sky. System U-D in particular was made from the time in Ancient Belka as an Infinite Magic Linking Mechanism.
Does this explanation suggest that the Tome of the Night Sky was made by Ancient Belka, or does it confirm that its perversion into the Book of Darkness happened in Ancient Belka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Whew. One thing I like about these games is that they really make me care about Fate. She has gotten rather dull as an adult, despite still being a delicious teasing target. But then again, I guess it's just the execution in StrikerS. She's still loads of fun when she gets her parts in Vivid.
I don't recall her acting any differently in ViVid. What did I miss or forget?

Quote:

I thought that was explained by her statement to Nanoha that she (Stern) has modified her fighting style to be more personal and unique. Nanoha doesn't use fire, but Stern does.

It also would have made good sense if Material-S was made from data from Signum, but it was Vita and Zafira. Still, whatever program made her might have portioned off Signum's fire because Material-L already had Lightning Conversion Affinity.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 12:51   Link #1198
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Unless the time-travel technology was called a Lost Logia, that doesn't apply.

Even IF the technology is Lost Logia, it doesn't apply, because someone in the future can eventually re-discover it!

But speaking of Lost Logia...
Dr. Florian discover it and identified as Lost Logia. Also, as most lost logias, he doesen't know how it works properly and didin't amange to disclose all the secrets of it. Even Kyrie who used it don't know the full funcionality and side-effects. So yeah, it pretty much qualifies as a Lost Logia.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-12-26 at 13:25.
Old 2011-12-26, 12:53   Link #1199
Justin_Brett

I think you mean, "IT'S SPACE TIIIIIIIME!"
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 13:18   Link #1200
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

2011, The Year of the Time-Travel.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote