AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-27, 01:09   Link #381
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

might be alternative universe. I don't remember Jap military in the first one.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 12:28   Link #382
miketyson

Yeah, seems like the scubs must be able to traverse parallel worlds, and so somehow Eureka passed into the wrong world at the end of the first series. The scubs found her and pulled her back, but left her kid behind (irresponsible scubs!), so now the scubs will keep coming into that world to get him, or something.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 17:35   Link #383
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I wonder why no one has scanned Save a Prayer. Maybe no one buys that magazine.

Edit: The official site updated with new mecha designs.

http://eurekaao-prj.net/?cat=5

Spoiler for RA164 Alleluia (Fleur):

Spoiler for RA301 Kyrie (Elena):

Last edited by duckroll; 2012-02-27 at 17:48.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:51   Link #384
miketyson

Been watching EVOL, but don't these look like they'll combine, don't they? Like the Kyrie on top, the Alleluia as arms, and the new Nirvash as the legs? Even if not, they are pretty cool and unorthodox mecha designs.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 23:12   Link #385
aardvark

New mechs look really cool. Blue one especially. Red one looks pretty unorthodox, wonder if it has a 2nd form?
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 00:27   Link #386
konart

Blue one looks like Delphine from Break Blade before nuclear war...

Took me some time to realise were had I heard Kyrie and Alleluia in anime before.

UPD: rewatched E7. Well, now Ao doesn't look THAT out of place for me.

Last edited by konart; 2012-03-02 at 12:51.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 12:06   Link #387
sonicgx11

I have another theory, since renton and eureka had a offspring, which is ao, the nirvash could could have also had a offspring just for ao to use, maybe thats why it looks so different. And don't forget nirvash had 2 types, TypeZero and TypeTheEnd.
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 12:48   Link #388
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Took me some time to realise were had I heard Kyrie and Alleluia in anime before.
Yeah, somebody there is clearly a fan of Allelujah and his Gundam Kyrios from 00 series . Or just ripping them off .
Old 2012-03-05, 01:06   Link #389
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I wonder why no one has scanned Save a Prayer. Maybe no one buys that magazine.

Edit: The official site updated with new mecha designs.

http://eurekaao-prj.net/?cat=5

Spoiler for RA164 Alleluia (Fleur):

Spoiler for RA301 Kyrie (Elena):
Both of them look kinda bulky. I'm guessing their transversal method(such as the surfing board on Nirvash) is more built into the mech design compared to E7.

So just read Chapter 2: This is DtB all over again.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 08:05   Link #390
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Newtype:
Old 2012-03-17, 11:03   Link #391
sonicgx11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Newtype:
Now hold up, how come in the anime pic previews, AO looks cool and relaxed, but in the manga he's such a huge crybaby like renton lmao.
Old 2012-03-17, 11:43   Link #392
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgx11 View Post
Now hold up, how come in the anime pic previews, AO looks cool and relaxed, but in the manga he's such a huge crybaby like renton lmao.
Okay, I’ve been hearing this a lot it annoys me. If you really watch the entirety of E7, then you should know that Renton is not a crybaby at all. He’s just a normal kid who’s behaving like one. If a normal kid at Renton’s age thrown into extreme situations like he was, who wouldn’t complain? And he didn’t complain that much in the show. Sure, he often screamed and shocked, but he only done that when he experienced something extraordinary for the first time (e.g. Flying with an LFO, controlling an LFO, battling the KLFs for real, killing people, etc). He only cried when it’s due (e.g. when he saw/heard Charles & Ray who’s like parents to him killed by Holland). Considering what he went through, he’s very strong for a normal kid at his age. Remember, E7 is not a shounen series and Renton was never intended to be like Naruto, Luffy or Ichigo.
Old 2012-03-17, 18:22   Link #393
sonicgx11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Okay, I’ve been hearing this a lot it annoys me. If you really watch the entirety of E7, then you should know that Renton is not a crybaby at all. He’s just a normal kid who’s behaving like one. If a normal kid at Renton’s age thrown into extreme situations like he was, who wouldn’t complain? And he didn’t complain that much in the show. Sure, he often screamed and shocked, but he only done that when he experienced something extraordinary for the first time (e.g. Flying with an LFO, controlling an LFO, battling the KLFs for real, killing people, etc). He only cried when it’s due (e.g. when he saw/heard Charles & Ray who’s like parents to him killed by Holland). Considering what he went through, he’s very strong for a normal kid at his age. Remember, E7 is not a shounen series and Renton was never intended to be like Naruto, Luffy or Ichigo.
I know all about renton lol, he was my favorite character, I'm just saying AO acts like his father.
Old 2012-03-28, 08:31   Link #394
ChocoBar9
Banned

The official site updates with the cast

http://eurekaao-prj.net/?page_id=204

Spoiler:
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 09:15   Link #395
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmmm so any confirmation on whether this show is going to have a static setting or move around it's own world a lot like the original Eureka Seven and a lot of older mecha shows. I've noticed subconsciously and am now fully aware that a lot of recent mecha shows have had very localized settings (often oceanside now that I think of it) that the show never really leaves for any particular reason and to be honest these kinds of shows seem to grow more stale for me rather quickly than ones that move around and change location as the story takes on twists and turns.

I mention this only because it sounds like they are going for yet another island type setting with Okinawa and am worried that we're looking at something more akin to a monster of the week type story and really would not like to see a Eureka Seven go the generic "Slice of Life" type route for a good chunk of it's run, which it would seem more likely to fall prey to if the location were restricted to Okinawa. This by no means means that I don't want to see character development, but that I'd like to see it tie more into the plot like the original Eureka Seven instead of being of the largely throwaway variety like say Star Driver.

Gotta be honest the more I hear about this project the less excited I get about it like some others and this mostly comes from seeing almost every TV show with mecha in it since around 2009 fall prey to time wasting shenanigans taking up very important air time on a level that makes ZZ Gundam look like Zeta Gundam in terms of pacing. I just really don't want to end up with yet another ostensibly mecha/sci-fi/fantasy show that spends more time focusing on "comedic situations", fan service, and bad poorly realized love triangle romance after waiting 7 years for a Eureka Seven follow up.....but I know it probably will since writers these days honestly seem completely oblivious as to how to take full advantage of the potential that mecha/sci-fi/fantasy themes can allow for and often seem to fall back on the kind of material you'd expect to see in a school life dramedy.

And yes I realize that I was on the opposite side of the fence about a month ago and suggested a positive approach to the new project, but recent pondering and just seeing how the mecha/sci-fi/fantasy fare from the current season has turned out has led me to see the point that Jarmel, duckroll and the like have been trying to make about worrisome sign and the shows potential direction in something as simple as the setting. Obviously I'm still going to watch it and give it a chance though, but hell if I'm not concerned it'll be a huge disappointment now.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-03-29 at 09:41.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 10:06   Link #396
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

not even a slightest sight of anemone seen makes me sad
Old 2012-03-29, 12:16   Link #397
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No one else thinks Ao's BFF girl looks a lot like Anemone?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 12:39   Link #398
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No one else thinks Ao's BFF girl looks a lot like Anemone?
Naru? Not at all
Old 2012-03-29, 12:41   Link #399
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

She looks like 70% Talho and 30% Anemone.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 12:44   Link #400
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
She looks like 70% Talho and 30% Anemone.
I'd say closer to 50-50 - could be either one. But that could be a reflection of the uniformity of the character design as much as anything.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen