AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-04-29, 23:27   Link #1761
kenshinstyle

Sigh, is the story going anywhere? There doesn't seems to be any head or tails to this story. I mean we got some strong guy getting to school for some reason with his brocon sister. That's about it? Nothing much is happening in every episode except tatsuya wowing everyone with how badass he really is despite being a weed and miyuki driving the point home with every sentence she make. Finally we got some anti-magic organization as a looming threat in the recent episode but I feel like it won't be a big threat, at least not to the perfect tatsuya nii-sama. I guess I can't feel what the show is aiming for. What direction is it heading?

Episode 4 doesn't show much change with tatsuya and miyuki. At least with tatsuya we were shown his thoughts about the anti-magic organization but miyuki seriously needs some development. All her scenes have something to do with her nii-sama. I don't think there is a scene where she thinks, cares, do anything with someone else except tatsuya. They really needs to hold back on portraying her broconness and show she got a life outside of it. I know there's a reason for how she acts this way but still, the execution can makes a lot of difference. For example, mikasa has good reasons for obsessing over eren and the execution is good, IMO, anyway.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 23:37   Link #1762
Ultragunner

^ just to have a bit of correction, "Mizuki" is the girl with glasses, the sister is "Miyuki"

well, it's hard to say whether the story is "going anywhere" like you mention, but I feel it's not a average highschool bullsh!t, eh?

Also, like you said, Miyuki is all over and about her Onii-sama to an extreme degree. So much that it is unusual and the "brocon" term seems inadequate to describe her
Old 2014-04-30, 00:23   Link #1763
Kakurin
大佐

Well, we are still in the introductory arc, which in Mahouka's case consists of two LN volumes. So basically we are still in a phase where characters are introduced and the setting developed.
Old 2014-04-30, 02:44   Link #1764
Rava

Well now, this is an interesting change of scenery. Time to scatter to the episode threads when they come out.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 02:57   Link #1765
solhaz

Quote:
mikasa has good reasons for obsessing over eren and the execution is good
I think it's because the one Mikasa obsessed is Eren...and Eren isn't Tatsuya. Eren is a kid who is quite reckless without thinking too much ahead; he gets into trouble and kidnapped quite a lot. Moreover, Eren is much weaker than Mikasa, that's why we see Mikasa go here and there to save and protect him.

Tatsuya...he isn't reckless, he is calm and intelligent; besides, I think he is on par or more powerful magic combatant than Miyuki, he doesn't really need Miyuki to protect him. If Tatsuya were like Eren, then I think Miyuki would act just like Mikasa
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 13:05   Link #1766
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

New forum? :O Maybe I can actually keep up with some of the conversations here.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 16:58   Link #1767
fujin of shadows

Mahouka's full ending, it's a very beautiful song...

http://www.jpopasia.com/celebrity/el...io::41498.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge04Hd879u8

Spoiler for English lyrics of the song:
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 18:57   Link #1768
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Why isn't the novel thread moved into this subforum....similar to HS DXD?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 20:17   Link #1769
The Green One

The light novel/manga has it's own subforum already.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 21:04   Link #1770
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Why isn't the novel thread moved into this subforum....similar to HS DXD?
At the top of this forum is a jump link to the novel forum that will take you there automagically.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 22:12   Link #1771
YourToaster

This Anime is awesome. I like erika . The siblings are... strange, a litle bit . But a really good anime overall
YourToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 22:40   Link #1772
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Where? The single cheapest fix (it wouldn't solve everything, but it would help a lot) would be to give everyone the same uniforms. Why do people even get uniforms? Their proponent will tell you it fosters esprit de corps and erases individual differences in outside circumstances (like the rich/poor divide) by making everyone dress the same. But here? By putting two uniforms, they naturally foster hostilities between the two. You don't even need to divide by grades. You could divide them by coin toss, and by grouping them that way, you'd get two hostile groups. All dividing them by grade did was give Course 1 more ammunition to "win".
While I was (re)watching episode 4 yesterday, comments like yours in AS about stupid bloom/weed uniform thing struck me.

Spoiler for Uniform conspiracy:

p.s. no ln novel(current vol) plot here but if this theory is correct..... we would surely see this in future vol(14+)

I better put this in future speculation thread too.
Old 2014-05-02, 18:51   Link #1773
LKK

Reminder: Discussion of future content spoilers is forbidden in this thread. Several posts have been removed as a result of said discussion.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-05-03, 07:38   Link #1774
Jaden

is it just me or do the characters use way more formal language than usual?

I get that keigo isn't used very much in anime, and for this reason watching anime isn't the most practical way of learning Japanese. But in Mahouka it's so prevalent I feel like that'd also be off-putting in real life.
Old 2014-05-03, 08:36   Link #1775
LKK

One thing you need to remember is that Mahouka is set nearly 100 years in the future. Times have changed and so has society. The series uses several little things, one of them being language differences, to remind us that we're not in the Japan of today but the in Japan of many decades from now.

Old 2014-05-03, 21:23   Link #1776
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

good episode. its a matter of time before everyone in the school goes "all hail tatsuya"
Old 2014-05-03, 21:27   Link #1777
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Can't wait for full opening I wonder if there will character songs on the main cast will wait for them ^-^

On-topic: episode 5 have some ln scene that have been cut nevertheless its a good episode

I love yandere miyuki on this episode
Old 2014-05-04, 01:30   Link #1778
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

This series is becoming quite enjoyable except for Miyuki's twisted brother complex. I find the sibling act a terrible distraction. If that element wasn't there, the series would be better, imho. But I'll just ignore/endure that because I'm curious to see more about Tatsuya and his special abilities.

One thing though, I'm curious why Miyuki's outfit has snowflakes (aside from her powers) when all the others have the orange flower pattern? Is it something significant in the school uniforms or simply a ploy by the animators?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 01:31   Link #1779
Xacual

The uniform thing is just fashion, there are different varieties. Shizuku also wears the blue colored one.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 10:12   Link #1780
LKK

@PreSage: Miyuki isn't the only student wearing snowflakes. She's the only one of the girls the show has focused on wearing them. But if you look at the background characters, you'll see other girls wearing snowflakes. I don't know if the cape designs have any meaning or not. My theory is that they simply represent the seasons. I've seen snowflakes (white, winter), flowers?? grasses?? (green, spring), and leaves?? (orange, fall or summer) wandering around the campus. Oh, and they're not a ploy by the animators. The novel illustrations show the cape designs as well.

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural