Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-08, 15:55   Link #1
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Odd request

Any animes or music that related to a hip-hop jazz feel the only anime and artist ive found was Samurai Champloo and thier ost's, Im looking for a anime with something simliar to the feel of champloo action or no action during any era too.
Old 2007-11-09, 06:37   Link #2
leeayon

cowboy bebop!
Old 2007-11-09, 07:41   Link #3
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Mugen no Ryvius was highly regarded at the time for its 'fashionable' hip-hop soundtrack. There's only a handful of tracks on the OSTs I like, but for a hip-hop fan, it may appeal more. Bebop as mentioned is an obvious choice.

Oh! Edo Rocket has a jazzy sort of soundtrack, too. Can't think of any other series off the top of my head as it's not the kind of music I collect myself.
Old 2007-11-09, 09:38   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Bartender has a wonderful jazz soundtrack by Ootake Kaoruko, but it's more in the "smoky piano bar" style than anything hip-hoppy. Like Ichihara Asako, I've also enjoyed the Oh! Edo Rocket soundtrack, which spans a number of jazz styles, but again it's not really similar to the Champloo music stylings either. (Ootake also performs the second ED in Oh! Edo Rocket as part of her two-woman group, Natural High.)

Both shows' composers seem to stick to relatively "Western" forms of jazz; there's little Asian influence in either score. I remember listening to some work by Toshiko Akiyoshi in the 80's when she and her husband, Lew Tabackin, had their band. Her music had a much more Asian character than do the scores for either Bartender or Edo Rocket, or the scores for Champloo and Cowboy Bebop for that matter.
Old 2007-11-09, 21:01   Link #5
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Thanks for the info.
Old 2007-11-10, 17:44   Link #6
blewin

Trigun is a little like that too.
Closed Thread