AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-26, 16:49   Link #21
Farplaner

For me I just have too many things still in my list that I want to read... I'll probably eventually get to Zero no Tsukaima but it's quite low in my list to read at the moment.
Old 2008-08-26, 20:24   Link #22
gugumomu
the hedgehog

the first half was funny, quite good for a ecchi-comedy. the second half (well, actualy the last 1/3) is promising us more action next time. wonder how many minutes.
Spoiler for about this episode:

Spoiler for next episode:
Old 2008-08-27, 01:03   Link #23
Fo0oFi

the episode was good but it had boring moment but still good

oh and can u plz tell me where i can find the novels
Old 2008-08-27, 08:54   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

How the hell can the hottest woman in the series be interested in Colbert? D:

I lol'd at his reasons for being alive, i mean trust a show involving magic to have a reason like that. I did enjoy the love triangle that's forming in the series now between Saito, Louise and Henrietta. That could be pretty far.
Old 2008-08-27, 09:01   Link #25
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Mediocre episode.... weak explanation of Colbert's comeback, Saito keeps dodging the kiss thing and there goes another boring episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanlin View Post
WDF is wrong with Kirche? Liking and old man is not her style, i rather her doin perverted things again to Saito, or return to how she was before....but Kirche with Colbert just kinda makes me wanna throw up....
agreed
Old 2008-08-27, 13:44   Link #26
Ivanlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Mediocre episode.... weak explanation of Colbert's comeback, Saito keeps dodging the kiss thing and there goes another boring episode

agreed
\

LOL ty and is the girl that has long blue hair with big boooobs Tabitha's sister?
Old 2008-08-27, 22:28   Link #27
Veronin
Fun things are (not) fun.

Colbert is back just like that?

Decent episode overall.
Old 2008-08-28, 01:42   Link #28
passin'gass
Cropduster

I don't get it, Colbert had access to a radial-type internal combustion engine (Saito's Zero fighter) and the means to manufacture aircraft-grade fuel...

AND HE BUILDS A COAL-FIRED STEAM ENGINE?!?!?!

sigh...i wanna cry...i really do...
Old 2008-08-28, 02:48   Link #29
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
I don't get it, Colbert had access to a radial-type internal combustion engine (Saito's Zero fighter) and the means to manufacture aircraft-grade fuel...

AND HE BUILDS A COAL-FIRED STEAM ENGINE?!?!?!

sigh...i wanna cry...i really do...
Creating fuel is one thing. Creating a complex machine when they're in an era where technology is next to non-existent is quite another. They probably don't have the means to make one, or even figure it out.
Old 2008-08-28, 03:26   Link #30
passin'gass
Cropduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Creating fuel is one thing. Creating a complex machine when they're in an era where technology is next to non-existent is quite another. They probably don't have the means to make one, or even figure it out.
But the radial engine is one of the simplest, most common engines used in World War I (1914-1918) airplanes. Colbert repaired and maintained the Zero (crash-landed in season 1), could have simplified the design and hired Earth/Fire mages to mould extra-large engine pieces for assembly...

but that's just me thinking how the Russians reverse-engineered German technology to produce the AK-47 and MiG-15
Old 2008-08-28, 04:57   Link #31
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
But the radial engine is one of the simplest, most common engines used in World War I (1914-1918) airplanes. Colbert repaired and maintained the Zero (crash-landed in season 1), could have simplified the design and hired Earth/Fire mages to mould extra-large engine pieces for assembly...

but that's just me thinking how the Russians reverse-engineered German technology to produce the AK-47 and MiG-15
I don't remember World War 1 being in medieval times. Remember, these same people thought that the Zero Fighter was a living, breathing dragon. For people in medieval times, such technology would be hard to wrap their minds around, whereas your example of Russians and Germans, those people were on the same thinking level.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:41   Link #32
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't remember World War 1 being in medieval times. Remember, these same people thought that the Zero Fighter was a living, breathing dragon. For people in medieval times, such technology would be hard to wrap their minds around, whereas your example of Russians and Germans, those people were on the same thinking level.
Yes they are on the same thinking level but in out timeline they never had a zero fighter as blueprint they did. Then again that large ship would be easy picking for a F-22 raptor
Old 2008-08-28, 13:13   Link #33
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

It was a wizard that did it!

Seriously the explanation was very lame. But at least things are moving forward. Siesta keeps getting more aggressive, Henrietta has already forgotten about the Albion prince and is horny for some Saito and Tiffa still looks as cute as ever.

Oh yeah, and it is finally revealed Kirche has a baldness fetish, wich is why she never dated guys in school for too long.

Oh one more thing, weird elf dude that counters all magic by looking at you. I wonder if it works on void magic? I guess we'll see.
Old 2008-08-28, 16:00   Link #34
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
It was a wizard that did it!
That was terrible.

Quote:
Seriously the explanation was very lame. But at least things are moving forward. Siesta keeps getting more aggressive, Henrietta has already forgotten about the Albion prince and is horny for some Saito and Tiffa still looks as cute as ever.
I didn't mind it. It wasn't the same as the novel explanation, right? I hear the circumstances for that were different. I imagine if they used the novel explanation, a lot of people would be pissed off.

Quote:
Oh yeah, and it is finally revealed Kirche has a baldness fetish, wich is why she never dated guys in school for too long.
Hey, at least that's one less woman Louise has to deal with concerning Saito, right?

Quote:
Oh one more thing, weird elf dude that counters all magic by looking at you. I wonder if it works on void magic? I guess we'll see.
Seeing how apparently that scene stayed true to the novels, I believe the novel-readers have the answer to that.
Old 2008-08-29, 14:52   Link #35
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally an episode that i actually liked. Getting more history on Tabitha was nice since she is one of my fav characters. The airship is quite impressive i see why it took a while to build it. Colbert was not only busy building the airship but apparently bus catching a fiery redhead's attention go for Colbert who cares if you are her teacher. I swear if Saito didnt walk in when he did i think Kirche would have raped him (but can you really rape the willing) but that bald head fetish had me rolling.

Although i feel somethings were rushed the situation arising between the Henrietta, Saito and Louise has peeked my attention a little more. Normally Saito would just be his horny self but this something different with the princess and i means she has really gotten it bad for him and Louise has finally noticed. I will say i was impressed that Louise mentioned that she told Saito she believes in him. The question is does Saito believe in himself?

Tiffa was as cute as ever and now we have another elf running around who i cant forgive for hurting Tabitha and her dragon that sucked. That little mirror skit was funny i could see how many wives would love to have that but you can only use it once so be happy for that guys,

8/10
Old 2008-08-31, 08:40   Link #36
Srin Tuar
無謀

I think from the novel POV, its easy to see kyuruke's attraction to coruberu.

Coruberu has always been portrayed as an intelligent, but ineffectual teacher. He never scolds his students, never gets upset, never defends himself.

Most people assumed
1) He was weak a wizard,
2) He had a cowardly personality
3) He lacked pride

In reality, he is a devastatingly powerful battle-wizard, who carries with him the guilt for all the killing that he did. He fought with the attackers at a level noone at the academy could even have imagined. Yet he was also fully prepared to let Aniesu kill him, and would offer his life to save hers (or any of his students) at every opportunity.

In the previous arc, where coruberu supposedly died, it was quite obvious that she was smitten: he represents everything that she likes.

1) Extremely powerful
2) Courageous
3) Chivalrous

In previous battles, Kyuruke was always the no-nonsense warrior, who showed up to save everyone's arses. She always kept her cool in battle, and was always on top. But next to Coruberu, her magical prowess was meager, he was far more calm and composed during battle, and yet he is so gentle as to not step on a flower.

I think the author illustrated how he exceeded her expectations, then turned all of her assumptions about him upside down. Making her re-think all the times she disrepected him, looked down on him, and was snoobby to him: the whole time he never said a word, despite being an unparelled master of fire (her own prided element) and possessed of no notion of fear whatsoever.

Saving her life, protecting her and treating her as precious even when he needed every hand he could get, and above all being very good at what he was doing.

Kyuruke is supposedly fickle, and switches her interest between men on a whim.
But he continues to keep her interest somehow: Its probably

1) He never gets jealous or petty
2) He never falls for her: he has not made her the center of his world
3) He continues to perform arcana-mechanical miracles

Coruberu-sensei is my favorite character next to saito.
Old 2008-08-31, 16:45   Link #37
Cyz
"Show it to me"

You know, it took 2 and a half season before Henrietta start falling for Saito. I thought it should be the first season but since she didn't, I thought she won't be a love rival for Louise....but no, she is now.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2008-09-04, 00:51   Link #38
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Eastern Pursuit

I feel somewhat dissapointed with the plot device implemented to explain for Colbert's comeback.
Spoiler:

Anyways, I really loved a lot this episode for three things:
1. First, it was early for me to feel down at how Louise's problem with Saito over the Henrietta incident got resolved in one episode.
The scar continues to linger on. Henrietta cannot shake off from her heart the feelings on that kiss she shared with Saito, and those emotions are making her to struggle within herself over which course to decide: throw everything away and go to live as an ordinary girl or sacrifice her happiness to remain as the Queen of Tristain for the protection of the people.

Saito cannot shake off his mind that incident either, but still he desires to remain by Louise. Of course, Louise's the most affected, because she tries to deceive herself by acting as her usual, tsundere self towards Saito.

2. Second, this season is venturing deeper and thorough about Tabitha's character whose background was explored upon only one episode in the first season.
I am such a blockhead, because it was not until Henrietta explained to Saito about Tabitha's family feuds for the throne of Galia, that I realized the connection between her and Joseph.
The bastard is the king of Gallia, and the culprit for imposing such harsh deeds on Tabitha and for making Tabitha's mother go insane, as well as for the previous murder attempts on Tabitha's life when she was younger.

Spoiler:

3. Lastly, I absolutely praised the new songs played towards the end of the episode for Tabitha's brief match against Nephtys and Henrietta's briefing with Saito and company.
Old 2008-09-06, 13:07   Link #39
Farplaner

Um... I have to ask this vaguely because of the rules, but...

Are the EDs shown in all of Japan the same? As in, the "ED character" shown is different every week?

Because, I have a suspicion that this episode I watched today, was different than the raw I watched a couple weeks ago (the ED was copied from a previous episode?)
Closed Thread