AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-04, 23:36   Link #981
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

This game's community (general) has to be one of the worse I've seen...so many "I-Want-It-Nao!" gamers, whiners and terribad players...

Tough to find a group worth a damn on Anchorhead atm, basically have to solo everything (less costly and quicker...sad).
Old 2012-01-05, 00:43   Link #982
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yup, I hit 10 and I'm calling it for now... Thank the Light I haven't paid a cent for this game.

In a year, this will be one hell of a MMO. Right now... Probably needs more fixes. And balance. And more love for Vanguards.

Now to play Warcrack without any distractions.

I'm still following this game, just gonna chill and let the patches catch up. I'll Be Back... when I pass med school this year. Meanwhile, gotta cut down on my drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
[I know.]! [I know.]!! That's the ONLY way you can answer a girl when she says that!!! What a wasted opportunity!!!!
Old 2012-01-05, 00:57   Link #983
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
This game's community (general) has to be one of the worse I've seen...so many "I-Want-It-Nao!" gamers, whiners and terribad players...

Tough to find a group worth a damn on Anchorhead atm, basically have to solo everything (less costly and quicker...sad).
After reading the beta forums for the last 6 months to a year I do not find that surprising. To be fair, that describes a lot of online game communities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Yup, I hit 10 and I'm calling it for now... Thank the Light I haven't paid a cent for this game.

In a year, this will be one hell of a MMO. Right now... Probably needs more fixes. And balance. And more love for Vanguards.

Now to play Warcrack without any distractions.

I'm still following this game, just gonna chill and let the patches catch up. I'll Be Back... when I pass med school this year. Meanwhile, gotta cut down on my drugs.

[I know.]! [I know.]!! That's the ONLY way you can answer a girl when she says that!!! What a wasted opportunity!!!!
I do like to throw a jab at Bioware from time to time for writing that I believe is weak, but this....is too much to handle. I do not know what writer thought the line was romantic, let alone fitting of a Commando. It is up there with the player dialogue against Revan with such phrases as "I. AM. JEDI." or the response "Noooo you don't understand, death is power."

I do not know how this game will be in a year, I just hope BW can be convinced to make certain story choice non-canon, but that is probably a pipe dream.

edit: Also grats on med school.

Last edited by Nixl; 2012-01-05 at 01:11.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 03:57   Link #984
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:

Hi, I'm a terribad player aka scrub aka no-skill n00b and I play an MMO because I can. The community is mostly only on the general discussion so "bad" so just avoid this section or try to get a thicker skin.

I have started playing it during my starting trial days and will stop temporary afterwards due to other obligations in a few days (semester abroad within my field of study) and my laptop would be too crappy for it.
So far I only tested a few classes until level 10 - 15 to see what could suit me. Vanguard seems to be fun and IA/Smuggler plays okay-ish once you got roughly used to cover and Jedi Councelor is in this early level range a bit underwhelming (based on the fun factor!). I dislike the crafting system for not having the option to "mass produce" your items. The concept of sending your partner aways for every single process @1 item (even if sometimes he crafts more) for x minutes feels even more as an artifical timesink than in other mmos.
BUT, the voiced story for the class missions is pretty nice (even though I cannot be always botherd to read through every "random" quest dialogue), the Smugglers many flirt choices are funny and the freshness-factor is still there.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 04:29   Link #985
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

/shrug

I'm enjoying it.

50 Marauder is now almost Valor rank 60. Fully epiced out except her helm slot. 1600 hp, 1000 base weapon damage, 25% crit, 10% expertise. This is what Bolster needs to do to non-50s so they stop being trivial for me in Warzones. I'm now, when lucky, critting non-50s for up to 3.8k damage. It's hilarious, but really unfair as well. Looks like a 50 only bracket is coming this month though.

Got a 32 Operative rising up the ranks as well. In five levels, she'll be high enough for the 3 s stun on Hidden Strike + 2 s animation lag, to join the ranks of Scrappers/Operatives that make people cry QQ tears.

And, because I wanted to play a Republic character, I have a 21 Vanguard who's proof that Trooper/BH Tanks are infinitely better than JK/Jugg tanks when it comes to Warzone damage, as I reached almost 300k damage at level 16. My 50 Jugg in beta would be lucky to break 200k damage on a good day with a healer behind it.

Illum is completely broken, but the PVE works, though the PVE dailies at level 50 are somewhat of a chore.

Anyways, there are a few guilds on Ajunta Pall full of douche bags (Quietus), but they're easy to ignore, and overall, the people I play with, even in PUGs, are fine. I've yet to reach a cap on the ignore list, and am pretty liberal with its use, as I suspect I put a good 10-20 people on it every day. Far more when I make an alt and play through the lowbie zones. There's a thousand or two players on your server. Don't waste time with the douches.

That said, if you're not enjoying the game, there's no reason to force yourself to play it.

Also, to the poster above me, if it's a crafting skill (as opposed to gathering), you can queue up to five items-not just one. Per Companion. And, by your late 40s, you can send 5 Companions out to do crafting, so you can technically queue up 25 items at once by then.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 07:18   Link #986
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Come to The Progenitor, one of the kindest and helpful communities I've seen in years.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 08:02   Link #987
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

People here on Jung Ma are 50/50
Yesterday we were talking about old cartoons and pizza >_> Who know's what we'll be talkin about today, Maybe Zengar?

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-01-05 at 08:14.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 10:03   Link #988
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I find it hilarious that no one in game took fault at my Trooper named Trekker, who was designed to look like Commander Riker, right until now.
Old 2012-01-05, 18:03   Link #989
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Come to The Progenitor, one of the kindest and helpful communities I've seen in years.
Empire side on Anchorhead has good pvp players I would like to play against though.

It's not so much I don't like terribad players, I don't like terribad players who thinks their balancing opinion matters at all.

"OMGZ he killed me, he's OP, nerf dis class nao!"

The forums and game is filled with these people, or people who rolls on need for everything.
Old 2012-01-05, 18:08   Link #990
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, to be fair...this early into the game....you sort of do need everything (in theory). After a while, when people figure out what they actually need, then they will return to the familiar WoW patterns of Greed stuff you don't Need (unless you are a Huntard or a Ninja)...or you actually need it.

Of course with the Mists of Pandaria changes to weapons slots...the traditional Huntards should disappear.
Old 2012-01-05, 18:23   Link #991
Nixl

I do not know how Bioware, after 6 months+ of beta, did not catch an infinite money glitch.
Old 2012-01-05, 19:07   Link #992
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Simply because it grew money like Wall Street, ie lots, but not within 5 seconds.
Old 2012-01-05, 20:00   Link #993
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Empire side on Anchorhead has good pvp players I would like to play against though.

It's not so much I don't like terribad players, I don't like terribad players who thinks their balancing opinion matters at all.

"OMGZ he killed me, he's OP, nerf dis class nao!"

The forums and game is filled with these people, or people who rolls on need for everything.
Well, as long as you're having fun that's all that matters. If you do get tired of it and want a nicer community though, Progenitor is my advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I do not know how Bioware, after 6 months+ of beta, did not catch an infinite money glitch.
When you release games to the masses, there's always new bugs popping up.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 20:36   Link #994
Nixl

True, although the issue it is not just that there are bugs, since bugs do happen, but for an infinite money glitch to derive from getting infinite commendations from a mail on Alderan after 6 months of beta seems like either terrible luck or something that just fell through the cracks due to a quick release. I still do not think TOR should have released in December.
Old 2012-01-05, 21:08   Link #995
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Wait what? You mean slicing pre-nerf, or?

Harbinger community seems alright in general. Many of the guilds here are guilds from my WoW server so we kind of get along. There are some douchebag overbearing narcissists that think they're gods gift (GIFT at work I guess), but in general that seems to a minority. Personally I've always found General chat to be hit and miss. At times it can be handy and helpful, but you have to sift and filter so much useless spam.

Some observations on PvP (I apologize for the gloating tone, but I've been highly shocked/amused at the results); I find myself enjoying it as a Sorcerer healer, especiay if I have a tank around. Between my healing and Guard's 50% damage reduction I become almost unkillable. It takes at least 5 members of the opposing team to focus fire kill me. But with other team mates around stunning and killing off enemy players it just doesn't happen. Just means I have to keep the tank alive over everyone else (and my back to a wall) lol or I'm screwed. It's hilariously over powered and makes me wonder if this is what gets people so up in arms over sorcerers. Without guard though I'm quite squishy, although I can still keep myself alive a decent amount of time. Ive survived entire warzones with the opposing team using me as a punching bag. One match last night with my warrior friend absorbing over 200,000 damage from guard which means (combined) I took well over 400,000 damage in one match (guard split damage 50/50 if you are in 15 meters of each other), also healed 370,000 that match to heh with 12k defense points. Having said that though if I get caught alone and unawares especially by an assassin, sniper or operative I can die very fast. I dunno if it can be called balanced since it's two working together, but it's an insane combination for survival.

Spoiler for image:

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2012-01-06 at 04:48.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 21:16   Link #996
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Wait what? You mean slicing pre-nerf, or?

If you play Empire, there is a quest on Alderran that awards commendations through the mail. *IF* you do not close the mail window/tab you can keep taking an infinite number of commendations. In fact, from what I understand and have seen in videos, one can keep coming back to that same mail and continue to draw from it. At this moment, I am not even sure if it just the Alderran quests, but actually every quest that reward commendations through the mail.

I have only seen a couple videos in the last few hours and so I do not know if there is some other special trick to it besides the mail reward continuing to give commendations.
Old 2012-01-05, 21:33   Link #997
Mr Hat and Clogs

So its not fixed then? That's insane. Totally expecting mass bans from it, wonder how much economies will be screwed over by it.

It also explains the lack of credit seller spam.
Old 2012-01-05, 21:48   Link #998
Nixl

Still present as far as I know. From what I understand there are A LOT of bugs in the end game alongside other issues and so I do not know if this one will continue to fall through the cracks or not. Hard to say what is going to take priority.
Old 2012-01-06, 03:36   Link #999
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Nixl, you crack me up. You hate the game, but apparently still follow it like a stalker. You're like that person on General Chat that is still on Koriban three weeks later because they're too busy complaining to actually play the game. ;p

Anyways, in regards to the bigger picture, there are basically no money sinks at level 50, outside of cosmetic items (ie: 1.5 mill credit speeder that's no better than one you buy for a few thousand, etc). So, we can view this as good or bad, depending on your point of view.

Good, in that gold farmers will have no real leg to stand on as credits are going to quickly become meaningless. I used to get mail from gold sellers, but haven't even gotten that for a few days.

I can sort of see really horrible players not being able to afford a speeder on their very first character, but the credits earned at level X curve rises at such an exponential level, that when most lower level players are alts (which I suspect will be very soon), I can't see hardly anyone ever having a money issue.

Bad, if you're a new player who joins a month or later down the road after everyone is 50 and has more credits than they know what to do with. But, not really even bad for them, as there is virtually no reason to buy things off the GTN as you level, and the GTN is where we're going to see rapid inflation once the critical mass of people reach 50. I'd say we're close, as I'm increasingly finding myself in warzones where 50s make up the majority, on both sides.

On another note, I see zero point in the GTN, outside of the neutral one on Nar Shadaa for those who want to dress up as the opposite faction. You can farm your own mats, and commendations plus quest rewards makes it essentially pointless to buy gear/mods off the GTN, unless it's a purple mod. At level 50, the entire modding system becomes pointless, since level 50 endgame gear all has intrinsic stats and set bonuses not tied to mods, so level 50s have even less reason to bother buying anything off the GTN.

There's a subset of the population enamored with AHs, but in my eyes, moving away from selling/buying between players is a good thing. I've always been a proponent of MMOs being about players going out and getting items themselves, not paying some company in China real life money so they can buy items other players got, off the AH. If I was to design a game, everything would be Bind on Pickup, while also being Bound to Account.

TL;DR: Due to the recent bug fixes surrounding credit/item exploits, I'm sure if the commendation bug still exists (I've certainly never been able to take an infinite # of commendations from the mail), Bioware will take action against those that abuse it.

TL;DR Part 2: The economy is pointless, which in my view is a good thing. In fact, I suspect player economies have brought nothing but tears and QQ to MMOs over the years. They've certainly proved that there isn't a single MMO developer alive who seems to have even a basic grasp of economic principles.

TL;DR Part 3: The economy being pointless means the drama over credit exploits is also, on a practical level, meaningless.

If I had one complaint about Bioware's Customer Service team, it's that they do need more manpower. We've had a character on Illum since level 16, exploiting away. Three weeks later, she's still there. I'm pretty sure more than half the level 50 population on our server has reported her, as she's a regular topic of conversation. I know Bioware claims to have taken action against a number of accounts, but if they're so backed up that they've still not taken action against this account, three weeks later, I can only imagine how many exploiters have yet to have their wrists slapped.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 04:46   Link #1000
Mr Hat and Clogs

Only MMO I know of that's taken its economy truly seriously is EVE, who actually has a fully trained economist on staff who purely just monitors the games economy.

The GTN is a bit of a pain to use. TBH, I gave up trying to game the auctions and just stick stuff up at the default price of higher.

Admittedly I pissed all my money away on... something... I don't know what actually I think I was re-socketing legendary mods before noticing it costs 25k+ to reuse them... after about the 10th. But making money is easy and classes are more or less self-sufficient. I've got guildies with 1.5 million credits even after purchasing riding 3, and crafting speeders. Which they got more or less just through questing and pvp.z

I did not know the AH on Nar Shaddaa was neutral. Finally I can sell all those god damned Jedi patterns.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows