AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-25, 17:41   Link #1
FireChick

Cantarella the manga

When I was researching the company that licensed the 07-Ghost manga, I came across Cantarella, a manga by Higuri You/Yuu. I became curious so I looked it up and decided to take a peek at the actual manga online...and before I knew it, I already read four chapters! It's the fictionalized supernatural story of someone named Cesare Borgia, the illegitimate son of Cardinal (bird?) Rodrigo Borgia, aka Pope Alexander IV and how he's protected by evil spirits or something. I haven't fully grasped the whole plot yet because I just got into it, but it's VERY good! The art is fantastic, the story is riveting, and the characters are so charismatic, so sophisticated (in some way), and so awesome it's unbelievable! Plus I suspect some of them have personality disorders! Of course, this story takes place in 15th Century Rome (sort of), so personality disorders didn't exist back then (or did they?). I am really loving this so far, and my favorite characters as of now are Cesare, Lucrezia, and likely Chiaro/Michelotto. Yeah, the person who drew this made Cesare and everyone else bishounen and all, but I feel there's so much more to this manga. And I have a thing for manga based on real events or famous literature (in Cantarella's case, it's supposedly real events and people combined with supernatural nature). Are there any fans? Come on out and READ THIS MANGA!!!

Last edited by FireChick; 2009-12-18 at 16:22.
Old 2009-12-18, 16:23   Link #2
FireChick

Isn't there ANYONE who likes this awesome manga!?
Closed Thread