AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 25.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 19.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-27, 10:19   Link #61
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
So for people who played the game...Hows Welkin take this? Does he go all emo like he's been recently or does this give him a REVENGE attitude?
Well, neither.
Spoiler for However...:
Old 2009-07-27, 11:09   Link #62
ipernorris

I watched the new op for the first time entirely as I skip it usually... what a nice thing I found out. A gundam which can destroy an entire army by itself and the other one which can do the same. What is the genre of this anime? A mecha? Uhm no, there are no mecha, I think we can call it "human mecha"!
Old 2009-07-27, 11:38   Link #63
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
changing squads is not something done by one soldiers will so if it is Ramal then they should show a short scene where he is transmitted/appointed to squad 7 but I would not be surprised if they would just show how out of nowhere Ramal starts driving it. The script writers and director do not seem like people who carefully follow the plot.

But logically it should be Zaka - he is squad 7 member (differently from Ramal) and the experience is not the factor playing for Ramal as well (tsundere boy is an inexperienced crap) so if they would chose Ramal it would be interesting to see the logic for such change. But I am not holding my breath here as well.
Old 2009-07-27, 11:49   Link #64
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
changing squads is not something done by one soldiers will so if it is Ramal then they should show a short scene where he is transmitted/appointed to squad 7 but I would not be surprised if they would just show how out of nowhere Ramal starts driving it. The script writers and director do not seem like people who carefully follow the plot.

But logically it should be Zaka - he is squad 7 member (differently from Ramal) and the experience is not the factor playing for Ramal as well (tsundere boy is an inexperienced crap) so if they would chose Ramal it would be interesting to see the logic for such change. But I am not holding my breath here as well.
It depends if the unit has a vacant place. In this case there is one to be replaced. The others who have to agree on this transfer is Faldio, Welkin and the last approval is from Eleanor.

I would almost bet on Zaka that he will be the replace but let's just see. Maybe it takes both to replace one person.
Old 2009-07-27, 11:59   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If Zaka comes back into it, then yes i'd say he'd be the pilot, though i get the feeling that a few episodes ago was the last we'll ever see of him.
Old 2009-07-27, 12:43   Link #66
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Isara is dead now?? Really? But that shot was far away from the heart! This is anime, if you don't get shot in your head or in your heart, you'll still live! I don't believe she's dead until I see her in a coffin. I've been enjoying Ramal's behavior lately.
Old 2009-07-27, 13:45   Link #67
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Isara is dead now?? Really? But that shot was far away from the heart! This is anime, if you don't get shot in your head or in your heart, you'll still live! I don't believe she's dead until I see her in a coffin. I've been enjoying Ramal's behavior lately.
Who said that Darcsens have their heart on the left side? Also a shot in the heart can be survived if you find a heart donator. But I think more she will die because of the dramar part.
Old 2009-07-27, 14:08   Link #68
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Who said that Darcsens have their heart on the left side? Also a shot in the heart can be survived if you find a heart donator. But I think more she will die because of the dramar part.
What? Eh.... Darcsens are just an ethnic minority, not another kind of human.
Old 2009-07-27, 14:10   Link #69
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Alright alright, Isara is not dead. She's just pining for the fjords.

And for those wondering what Ramal's purpose in the anime is then, well... I've been wondering that since episode 4.
Old 2009-07-27, 14:19   Link #70
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
WTF If Isara is dead then the scripters better have a good reason for showing us a Brady Bunch preview. I cant fathom that they would be laughing and joking around like that after a squad mate gets killed. But then there is the shawl on the ground and flower which looks like a grave. I am very confused at this point as to what they are trying to accomplished. hum i actually liked Isara so i was kind of bummed to see her get shot. Now i want to see how Welkin takes this.
Old 2009-07-27, 14:24   Link #71
Darknemo2000

Anime Welkin should be pissing in his panties from sadness.

Well I guess it will give some space for Alicia to move in, even though she should give up on this retard already.
Old 2009-07-27, 14:41   Link #72
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

no.. welkin should go Lelouch Lamperouge on the empire now.. Wait.. Maximiliian is Lelouch... this will be hard.
Old 2009-07-27, 15:15   Link #73
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Alright alright, Isara is not dead. She's just pining for the fjords.
Well played, sir.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-07-27, 16:08   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well I guess it will give some space for Alicia to move in, even though she should give up on this retard already.
At this rate, Alicia should just go for Susie or Edy.
Old 2009-07-27, 16:19   Link #75
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At this rate, Alicia should just go for Susie or Edy.
Edy has homer...
>_>....
.....she should go for Marina
<_<....
Old 2009-07-27, 16:27   Link #76
Snowman24

They should have a new opening for future episodes, it'll be sad seeing Isara in the openings/closings now
Old 2009-07-27, 16:55   Link #77
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
They should have a new opening for future episodes, it'll be sad seeing Isara in the openings/closings now
See if they care. I would bet that they don't. The animation implies (and spoiles) the near the end thing so I would guess it won't be changed... Though they could edit her out if they would try. But somehow effort and Valkyrie Chronicles anime just do not sound well together
Old 2009-07-27, 22:19   Link #78
klare

Spoiler for my thouhts:
Old 2009-07-27, 22:49   Link #79
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Spoiler for my thouhts:
just enjoy the silliness of the show, because it doesn't make sense. I guess the unit is doing so well because they have the special tank on their side.
Old 2009-07-27, 23:00   Link #80
4Tran

Overall, I don't really mind this episode, and I find that it's the ease of Squad 7's attack that weakens it more than any other element does. I haven't played the game, but I was spoiled about Isara a long time ago. I feel that if the creators planned to deviate from the original by a lot, they might as well have let her live. After all, it seems a bit late to try to try to follow the game plot with any degree of faith, and Isara's death doesn't seem to have any point, especially since the rest of Squad 7 seems to be invincible now. As it was, Isara was by far the most interesting character in the show, and there's a gap there that's going to be hard to fill.

I'm going to not quote the spoiler tags as they are no longer necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
[*]We get yet another glimpse of the corrupt politics in the Gallian government. It even makes Welkin think that the medal he received may be tainted (in a sense).
The show tries to oversell how unfair the mission was. In a real attack, someone would have had to act as the diversionary force, and that force was almost certain to take heavy casualties. The only thing that the Gallian High Command was guilty of was not informing them of the main attack's timing. And that's more incompetence than any sort of malice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
[*]Isara makes a good luck doll for Rosie, which she hesitantly accepts. But she doesn't really keep a close eye on it, and drops it when Squad Seven assaults the beachhead. This almost ends up getting Rosie sniped, though she takes a grazing hit to her shoulder.
I agree that this was a very nice touch. I feel that, for the first time in this show, Rosie is worth sympathizing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
well.... this is utter crap..
[spoiler] they even get to get wrong one of the most painfull moments in the game, no last words? only rosie there....to witness her death.... a big F U to the writters. Ha and so her dream goes unmentioned... so the GAR moment at the end of the game will not appear in the anime....
Having not played the game, I'm not sure if the lack of last words is a real drawback. Usually last words are only really worth it when the dying character has some sort of regret or needs to make a confession. Isara has been uniformly the nicest and most well-adjusted character in the entire show, so there's nothing that she has to say that still needs to be voiced. In the anime, the only character who she needs to talk to would be Rosie, and Rosie already knows beyond any need for words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
If Isara is just put on the wounded list, that would be great news. However, we can't say characters voiced by Houko Kuwashima were lucky in recent years.
Heh. I think that has more to do with her range, gravitas, and number of roles than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
She might still survive, but I really doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
- the battle location does not make sense, the offense and defense too
- the fatality rate of the squad after going thru so many battles is so low that it can be a legend
- why was everyone so worry after Rosie was only shot in the arm? they were suppose to be in a battle
- Isara... what is going on? they just killed the best character in the show
I agree on all points. Isara's death would make a lot more impact if there had been real casualties within Squad 7 besides her. (And no, people who are wounded for a single episode don't count.)