AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-15, 00:34   Link #21
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^^While others were disappointed that she is turning into that anime girl #324

Nonetheless, her reactions might not be original or interesting, but still hilarious to watch. In any case, I'd rather they went on with a heavier atmosphere, and had her being a reluctant slut or hooker
How can she be a hooker when she is a fellow Otaku at heart
Old 2011-05-15, 00:48   Link #22
satomianzaki

i really like the personality of this girl...she acts tough but really is weak...

and her one-sided love with jintan (not yet sure if its really unrequited), is an issue that is kinda hard to handle...to think that it started since childhood...

seeing the last episode, i think its better if she's with yukiatsu...but i guess she can't really stop loving jintan...oh well...

Last edited by satomianzaki; 2011-05-15 at 02:02.
Old 2011-05-15, 00:58   Link #23
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

personally... I found the young anaru as a dull looking character (in terms of design). But her uh.. 5 years after look is gorgeous. she's the prettiest among the 3. I could say she's one tsundere type character i really like... she is tsundere... right?
Old 2011-05-15, 00:58   Link #24
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
How can she be a hooker when she is a fellow Otaku at heart
Because compensated dating is socially more acceptable than anime/game otaku, plus it will get her the cash to indulge her hobby in secret

Anyway, it is a NoitaminA show, so to begin with the chances that it would have any of the above was abysmal to begin with. But it would be cool if they went along with it, not only because it would create a riot in 2chan, but also because it would make a pretty dramatic story.
Old 2011-05-15, 08:06   Link #25
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Oh, Anaru...

I think it's time for me to just accept that I like my anime girls pretty, witty, and profoundly broken. Although in this case she's actually far from the most messed up of the crew.

I really appreciate the effort put into giving the characters different hairstyles and clothing to suit what they're doing. Naruko is the best example so far. In particular, seeing her show up at the reunion wearing her hair and clothing like Menma, presumably in hopes of catching Jinta's eye, says so much without a single line of dialogue. Cringe-worthy and kind of heartbreaking.
Old 2011-05-15, 08:31   Link #26
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I had never even though of her being or not being a virgin. I still don't get why otakus make such a big deal out of it. xD
Old 2011-05-16, 03:03   Link #27
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
I had never even though of her being or not being a virgin. I still don't get why otakus make such a big deal out of it. xD
Because a virgin is considered "innocent" and otakus are obsessed with "innonence". Then a bunch of doujin artists proceed to make hentai out of said characters and then otakus buy them.

In summary, I don't get it either
Old 2011-05-16, 04:10   Link #28
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I don't think people actually cared or thought about it until the show raised the point, and then we were like "get your filthy hands off our Anaru!"

She's a bro, see. You don't like it when random males try to get their hands on your bro. Her true self is a cutie pie who likes Nokemon and hanging out with the guys, not an "experienced" high school girl. She's our preciousssss.

Plus making her a non-virgin would just put in angst that has little to do with the story's premise. People will be like, "wtf what about Jinta!?" You want harsh realities of a young lady's romance and sex life you go read josei (and some crueler shoujo) manga, AnoHana is for the innocent and the idealistic.
Old 2011-05-16, 04:35   Link #29
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Plus making her a non-virgin would just put in angst that has little to do with the story's premise. People will be like, "wtf what about Jinta!?" You want harsh realities of a young lady's romance and sex life you go read josei (and some crueler shoujo) manga, AnoHana is for the innocent and the idealistic.
And that kind of attitude is what ticks me off. Some otakus never change .
Old 2011-05-16, 08:54   Link #30
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
And that kind of attitude is what ticks me off. Some otakus never change .
There are times when the sexist undertones of the comments are creepy (Kannagi et al) and there are times when a simple story shouldn't be complicated with stupid angst.

Thing is, Anjou is an innocent, naive girl who's in love with a shut-in childhood friend since forever. She doesn't know her way around said shut-in, much less that scary world of teenage romance and an even scarier world of horny unscrupulous older males. Making her explicitly non-virgin raise all sorts of questions about her being taken advantage of, as opposed to someone moving on, finding love and acting on it and becoming an adult.

If someone complain about potentially non-virgin female characters in, say, Kuragehime, screw 'em. Ano Hana however is about a bunch of young people who couldn't grow up in their own way, weighted down by a childhood tragedy. They're still children in so many ways.

Ergo, good job Yukiatsu.
Old 2011-05-16, 11:50   Link #31
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Because a virgin is considered "innocent" and otakus are obsessed with "innonence". Then a bunch of doujin artists proceed to make hentai out of said characters and then otakus buy them.

In summary, I don't get it either
But doujinshi actually make crappy drama stories about boring virgins and their even more annoying love interests interesting... Maeda Jun / Key / KyoAni anyone...
Old 2011-05-16, 14:18   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
There are times when the sexist undertones of the comments are creepy (Kannagi et al) and there are times when a simple story shouldn't be complicated with stupid angst.

Thing is, Anjou is an innocent, naive girl who's in love with a shut-in childhood friend since forever. She doesn't know her way around said shut-in, much less that scary world of teenage romance and an even scarier world of horny unscrupulous older males. Making her explicitly non-virgin raise all sorts of questions about her being taken advantage of, as opposed to someone moving on, finding love and acting on it and becoming an adult.

If someone complain about potentially non-virgin female characters in, say, Kuragehime, screw 'em. Ano Hana however is about a bunch of young people who couldn't grow up in their own way, weighted down by a childhood tragedy. They're still children in so many ways.
In almost all ways, I would say. Nice post.

I really don't see any parallel with Kannagi here at all, and I don't see why anyone should have to defend themselves for not wanting Anaru to be taken advantage of by some sleazebag in his 20's. She's a naive, inexperienced little girl in a lot of pain. You don't have to be some obsessive fanboy to feel empathy with her and want to see her protected.
Old 2011-05-17, 06:49   Link #33
blewin

looking forward to seeing Anaru show her true self - as in the otaku in her. And being more honest wiht herself, such as confessing to Jinta.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2011-05-17, 06:54   Link #34
User68604
Disabled By Request

didnt anaru allude to the fact that shes in love with the "jinta who is in love with menma?"

im thinking that when/if jinta moves on from menma, that anaru will also move on. typical girl wants what girl cant get
Old 2011-05-17, 07:15   Link #35
darkmanure

We don't know if she liked him before Menma or not though.
Old 2011-05-18, 03:49   Link #36
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
didnt anaru allude to the fact that shes in love with the "jinta who is in love with menma?"

im thinking that when/if jinta moves on from menma, that anaru will also move on. typical girl wants what girl cant get
moving on can mean several things. But then Jinta needs to really "move on" first since Menma is dead.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2011-05-21, 13:09   Link #37
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Anybody know how old they all were when Memma actually died? I'm thinking about maybe 6-8?

So then wouldn't that mean Anaru has been pinning over Jintan for about 7-9 years? I'd say thatīs gotta be more than a crush. Its just that she hasnīt realized it yet.
Old 2011-05-21, 18:40   Link #38
Shadow5YA

It's more than a crush, but it's not exactly love yet either.

She's still more distant from him than she was in the past. They're not even back on a first/nickname basis yet.
Old 2011-05-23, 00:32   Link #39
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The recent posts about Anaru's incident in ep.5 were deleted. The discussion was only marginally about her (thus mostly off topic) and the tone of such discussion wasn't going anywhere good. To the interested people, feel free to bring it to PMs.
Old 2011-06-03, 07:26   Link #40
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanure View Post
We don't know if she liked him before Menma or not though.
Ep 8 Anaru admits she had a bit of a crush on Jintan. She was a bit happy (relieved?) when Jintan said he didn't love Menma, but when he chased after her she knew he was lying.

Tags
characters