AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-20, 23:41   Link #1
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Mobile Dolls In Destiny

What are the chance of AI controlled Mobile Suits (Wing Gundam) making an appearance in Destiny?
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 23:51   Link #2
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Over my dead body
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:27   Link #3
bym

Hahaha...the MD's from Gundam Wing wasn't so bad...i think they were pretty cool...well the concept anyway...

Altho i'm surprised the ZAFT haven't gotten something similar by now...umm...MD ZAKU's...well...i suppose there are worse things than that
bym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:34   Link #4
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
With the N-jammer it would be a pain in the ass to control and coordinate with such units, and LOS (line of sight) communications are limited in the number of units they can contact at once.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 01:20   Link #5
bym

But it doesn't matter if there is LOS or loss of commuications tho...i mean you just need to program the AI to check the IFF of its target, and if it doesn't check out the AI can automatically assign as a target and attack...

Admitedly, it would be better for each MD to work together like they did in Gundam Wing, but they still should be able to function as single units each with their own targets and etc...
bym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 01:36   Link #6
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
With the N-jammer it would be a pain in the ass to control and coordinate with such units, and LOS (line of sight) communications are limited in the number of units they can contact at once.
What does N-jammers have to do with communications?

Well, since MS are limited by the peace treaty, maybe MDs can be a loophole to it.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 02:11   Link #7
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
What are the chance of AI controlled Mobile Suits (Wing Gundam) making an appearance in Destiny?
Well, I hope not!

But its possible...

plant have much less population then EA...
So if they suffered massive losses..they might just do that..

On the other hand..They might just also just created thousands of new soldiers using artificial womb and then accelarate their growth.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 05:38   Link #8
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
Well, I hope not!

But its possible...

plant have much less population then EA...
So if they suffered massive losses..they might just do that..

On the other hand..They might just also just created thousands of new soldiers using artificial womb and then accelarate their growth.
If I have to choose between Wing and StarWars.I choose Wing
Old 2004-12-21, 06:18   Link #9
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
it does make those signaling, communication and stuff weaker

according to seed ep24..........
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 07:13   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
according to gundamofficil
http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds...y.html#njammer
N-Jammer jams radio waves too... so I guess that's why they use quantum communication with laser.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 07:59   Link #11
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I dont mind .

They can make a really cool battle scene with one side dominating the other with Mobile Dolls. Then all of a sudden the inferior side managed to hack into the control systems of the other side and control their Mobile Dolls, hence reverting the situation.

That'll be cool.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 10:11   Link #12
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

If that happens i'll condamn the person who came up with the idea...wars are only beautiful and meaningful if the tears and blood of the ppl fighting for their beliefs are shed........

P.S. Traize sure made an impression on me......he can replace Jibrill anytime as a better leader in my opinion...at least he has honour
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 10:19   Link #13
SlugZilla
woofles

In GW MD's had a symbolic purpose, so seeing it in GSD will have no meaning and just be repetitive.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 13:30   Link #14
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari
If that happens i'll condamn the person who came up with the idea...wars are only beautiful and meaningful if the tears and blood of the ppl fighting for their beliefs are shed........

P.S. Traize sure made an impression on me......he can replace Jibrill anytime as a better leader in my opinion...at least he has honour

I agree Traize is one of those BadGuys that you just cant help but to love..
Hes cool, Hes not completely Evil, And he fights alongside his warriors and die along with them.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 13:35   Link #15
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
In GW MD's had a symbolic purpose, so seeing it in GSD will have no meaning and just be repetitive.
I don't see why such little details would be seen as "repetitive" since so many elements in GSD has been "borrowed" from Zeta, ZZ, a few other gundam shows, and even Macross. And of course, the entire storyline of GSD so far has been a near mirror image of the 9/11, and the War on Terror.

Besides, if the Earth Federation or ZAFT is willing to use computerized mobile suits, that could have some meaning, as in the way either side may be willing to go to extreme lengths in order to win the war. It sure won't have the same impact as it did in Gundam Wing obviously.

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2004-12-21 at 13:49.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 14:07   Link #16
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari

the objective of a war is to get your own side shed as little tear and blood as possible while defeating the enemies. That's why the US troops use cruise missiles and coordinated bomb attacks, and that's the idea of zero-casualty warfare. wars are not fought for beauty or some deep philosophical meanings, wars are fought to crush the enemies and win. IMHO Treize's way of treating wars as some artwork/sports is just a sign of insanity and stupidity.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 14:28   Link #17
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
I don't see why such little details would be seen as "repetitive" since so many elements in GSD has been "borrowed" from Zeta, ZZ, a few other gundam shows, and even Macross. And of course, the entire storyline of GSD so far has been a near mirror image of the 9/11, and the War on Terror.

Besides, if the Earth Federation or ZAFT is willing to use computerized mobile suits, that could have some meaning, as in the way either side may be willing to go to extreme lengths in order to win the war. It sure won't have the same impact as it did in Gundam Wing obviously.
Well Mobile Dolls(Man vs Machine) were as much big a theme in GW like Genetic Modifications(Coordinators vs Naturals) were in SEED. If they really put mobile dolls in GSD for no reason it really wouldn't make sense. Yeah they copied a lot of stuff from MSG like NTs and Zakus but because I think they're trying to pay tribute to the older series.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 15:36   Link #18
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Since the Newtype concept is making a comeback as well, I wouldnt dismiss the idea of mobile dolls entirely.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 20:08   Link #19
DarkMirage
ευαγγελιον
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
Wow, looks like I wasn't the only one who was wondering about that...

Terrorists attacked Earth, destroying famous landmarks and killing many people.
Terrorists attacked USA, destroying famous landmarks and killing many people.

President of the Atlantic Union spoke from the White House.
President of the United States spoke from the White House.

Entire planet put down their differences and united in face of crisis. (although I'm pretty sure the PLANT-aligned ones like the Oceania Union didn't...)
Entire nation actually gave a damn for once and united in face of crisis.

EA invades PLANT, who had nothing to do with the terrorists.
USA invades Iraq, who had nothing to do with the terrorists. (well, I guess Afghanistan doesn't really work in this case)

Of course, everything's pretty generic... so whether this was done on purpose, (i.e. they ran out of story ideas and CNN happened to be on TV) or just a pure coincidence, it's hard to say.
DarkMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 21:25   Link #20
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

i believe fukuda did mention in some interview that he wanted the story of GSD to run parallel with some of the world's current problems..
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote