Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-11-05, 13:29   Link #10841
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Also a fellow from work she said maybe smart people don't tend to be happy. I asked her why does she think i am smart ( i try and keep it a secret. IQ = 147), cuz i pretend i am an average guy.
A good amount of alcohol will get that IQ% down quick AND make you happier to boot
I know it worked wonders for me when I was considered 'smart'
Old 2012-11-06, 08:43   Link #10842
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Phew since halloween there wasn't a single post. That is unacceptable. (smile)

I genuinely found out the fact that I am depressed. I searched for symptoms and consulted with people and the fact that i am uninterested in dating is because of this. It is an advanced form of it so i would likely to have a big change in my life or it will advance further. Now that is really refreshing to know. But I don't see how i could have my view of my life changed into a more positive one.
I was thinking of one of your comments on going to work out, maybe if i do that my opinion about me will change and that might have a positive effect. As i will get my salary soon i will try it. It will not hurt. But thinking that i will be spending my birthday, christmas and new year alone again, brings me down.

Also a fellow from work she said maybe smart people don't tend to be happy. I asked her why does she think i am smart ( i try and keep it a secret. IQ = 147), cuz i pretend i am an average guy. She said it is visible because it is like all of my steps are calculated. Then i told her about the truth. She is like that too. Only she is in a relationship and also sh is not my type.
So knowing this girls see through me like glass. Oh well. This is like a stab in the chest. I fail at pretending too. It was expected. I fail like at everything that depends on social interaction.
No no no no. I should not think like that of myself. I should be more positive.

Well i will write later on. B-bye. And good luck.
Sorry for all the mistakes ihave written this from my "smartphone".
Hate to tell you this, but the smarter you are the harder it is to hide. Just your behavior alone should give cues that you're definitely above the average. Just be yourself and try to find people that can keep up with you. My challenge for you is to change small habits you do everyday to make life a little bit more interesting. If you usually drink coffee add cherry flavor. If you usually use your laptop at home just go to Starbucks and use your laptop there. You might be able to find something that may inspire you and kickstart your thought process.

PS I think some smarter people tend to be less happy because they cannot blend into society and actually are aware of the unique problems of soceity and themselves. My recommendation is to pay attention to small activities of life and enjoy the simple moments like taking the time to watch birds fly.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:05   Link #10843
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
PS I think some smarter people tend to be less happy because they cannot blend into society and actually are aware of the unique problems of soceity and themselves.
I would argue just the opposite. If you're truly smart, you'll realize how little value intelligence actually has. It certainly shouldn't impact your activities or social life. I like to play DDR and my friends like to play DDR. Does it really matter if I can do long division in my head and they can't?

As far as happiness goes, all happiness is just a state of mind. It doesn't matter if you're too dumb to see the negative or if you simply choose to ignore the negative; either way, you're happy, regardless of how "smart" you are. Besides, if you can see all the problems in the world, you should certainly be able to see all the good in the world as well. It's up to you which one you focus on.
Old 2012-11-08, 13:50   Link #10844
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
I would argue just the opposite. If you're truly smart, you'll realize how little value intelligence actually has. It certainly shouldn't impact your activities or social life. I like to play DDR and my friends like to play DDR. Does it really matter if I can do long division in my head and they can't?

As far as happiness goes, all happiness is just a state of mind. It doesn't matter if you're too dumb to see the negative or if you simply choose to ignore the negative; either way, you're happy, regardless of how "smart" you are. Besides, if you can see all the problems in the world, you should certainly be able to see all the good in the world as well. It's up to you which one you focus on.
I couldn't agree more in what you just said except for the intelligence part. I do believe once you hit a certain level of intelligence then you'll notice how you cannot fit in with the masses sometimes. Not fitting in, leads to feeling awkward, which can lead to feeling down, which may lead to not noticing potential partners. It's great to have friends to share activities like DDR, video games, sports, etc. But when it comes down to it, I can't talk about professional sports all day. It really helps finding people that can understand my ideals sometimes.
Old 2012-11-08, 20:08   Link #10845
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I wouldn't call it intelligence.

It's worldliness.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 18:42   Link #10846
winterbaby
вelιnda

Wink worst break up

Well my friends and I were playing this game called "Confessions". Then I just remembered about my first boyfriend. I was in Florida with my uncle at the time, and I starting going out with hi. Then like 5 minutes later he was all bitchy and I ended up pushing hike in a closet and called him a fucker!! Now that I look back, I feel bad for him. What was the worst break up you had??
Old 2012-11-10, 18:52   Link #10847
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

There is a dating thread somewhere in here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31376
But I'll give it a go...
It was a while ago but it still bugged me till this day. I was eating lunch and chatting with my usual group of friends when she walked up to me and slapped me across the face while shouting "you're a "egotistic moron" who has no idea how difficult it is to be a women and that if I walk a day in her shoes I would jump off the school's roof". Till this day I had no idea what I did to trigger this outburst or what she meant. Oh well. Moving on right? : \
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 14:39   Link #10848
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Well, I was someones worst breakup
She was 'the straw that broke the camel's back'
I'm not a joke, I'm not a piece of gum, I'm human (or at least, I thought I was)

To this day still looking for that emotional 'off-button' people think I have
Old 2012-11-12, 18:36   Link #10849
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Huurgh.

So last night I was kinda downer cos of formal (even though I really shouldn't be, everyone was just there to have fun, and it was pretty fun.)

So then I go call my ex before I go to bed (yes, I know, this already sounds bad.) to see how she's doing and everything, considering we haven't properly talked in like 6 or 7 months, lol.

Haah, well now I wish I hadn't. It's the loneliness talking, considering I haven't had a girlfriend in a year and a bit. Now I feel like I'm going in a downward spiral =_= She's happy enough alright, which is good, but the boyfriend she has now is like me v2.0. Not even kidding. :/

Welp, gotta keep trucking on, no? Although considering the 3 month break between now and my starting uni, tis going to still be a long wait =_=
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 18:46   Link #10850
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Learn to be happy in your own self. You shouldn't need someone else, instead the someone else should make me you happier, but the lack of them shouldn't make you unhappy.

As for your ex, she doesn't love you, you deserve better. Move on, you don't need you, and she's just bringing you down.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 02:57   Link #10851
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

It's not really doubting my self worth, more just missing a companion. She just reminded me of past times, lol.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 22:42   Link #10852
Ruby Princess

Okay, guys... a friend of mine's in a tricky situation! Two friends of mine recently broke up because the boy cheated on his girlfriend. The girl didn't speak to him for a while, so I figured that she just decided to cut ties with him and move on with her life... but it seems she decided to go for revenge instead. A few nights ago she sent him a text message apologizing for ignoring him, and she said that she was bored and in the mood to roleplay through text (she and her boyfriend used to roleplay when they were dating, sometimes for sexy kinky fantasies and sometimes just for fun). What did she wish to roleplay about, you ask? Well, she told Ex-Boyfriend that she always thought it was erotic whenever bitter ex-lovers tried to win her back. She asked him to pretend to be a psycho jealous yandere ex-boyfriend and threaten to kill her unless she agreed to get back together with him. They roleplayed this scenario for a while. the next morning, she claimed to be embarrassed about her shenanigans the night before and asked him to delete all the texts he'd gotten from her.

This was all just setting him up for a trap, though! My girl friend (note the space that distinguishes it from 'girlfriend,' sorry yuri lovers), the ex-girlfriend I mean, told me about the whole thing this morning, and said that she's considering showing the threatening text messages to the police and pretending as though they were serious threats rather than just him playing a character in a roleplaying session. He also can't prove his innocence because he deleted all the texts from her where she asked him to roleplay such a thing. What do you guys think I should do? Should I try to tell her she's being cruel and try to talk her out of carrying out this revenge scheme? She says that she's thinking about enacting the plan on Christmas Day for maximum damage. Goodness, I guess the old saying about hell and scorned women is true...
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:00   Link #10853
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
(snip)
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

If she's threatening to call the police then I would recommend speaking with them (not via 911) about this issue prior to her having the opportunity to do so. That's kind of the "worst case scenario" bit but it's also something that seems necessary if it were to turn into a misuse of your local police force and a farce of a trial about fiction-based text messages. At the very least, be prepared to give a very strong statement that the boyfriend is not plotting to murder her and that she is not right in the mind.

Now don't get me wrong, cheating is not OK. But neither is being found guilty of perjury (lying in court, and that's only the most obvious thing that will happen to her if she goes through with it and gets discovered, which she will), or the even worse alternative of the boyfriend being imprisoned for sending her "threats" or for having planned out a "murder." At the end of the day I imagine that his service provider will have record of the dialogue and that evidence would make up for his lack of evidence.

With all of that in mind, you most definitely should discourage her. In fact, please discourage your friend.
Old 2012-12-13, 00:21   Link #10854
willx
Nyaaan~~

It's pretty easy for her to get caught. Just advise her not to be stupid. Also, avoid people who are stupid. I kid, but seriously, it's a bad move -- you'd best tell her not to do it.

Outlook is negative
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:39   Link #10855
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Revenge is not going to benefit anyone. Please, do tell your friend not to do it.
Old 2012-12-13, 00:58   Link #10856
Soverence

I have to agree with everyone here, tell your friend that besides the fact that this would never work, there is not a single good thing that can come of it.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 04:17   Link #10857
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
I must say you women...evill

As everyone already said: Discourage her. You might even want to discipline her (yuri-lover here)

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 09:09   Link #10858
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
This was all just setting him up for a trap, though! My girl friend (note the space that distinguishes it from 'girlfriend,' sorry yuri lovers), the ex-girlfriend I mean, told me about the whole thing this morning, and said that she's considering showing the threatening text messages to the police and pretending as though they were serious threats rather than just him playing a character in a roleplaying session. He also can't prove his innocence because he deleted all the texts from her where she asked him to roleplay such a thing. What do you guys think I should do? Should I try to tell her she's being cruel and try to talk her out of carrying out this revenge scheme? She says that she's thinking about enacting the plan on Christmas Day for maximum damage. Goodness, I guess the old saying about hell and scorned women is true...
Your friend is a freaking idiot. Service providers keep records of that stuff. All the police have to do is subpoena them and they can get every text they sent, including the kinky ones.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 10:51   Link #10859
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Your friend is a freaking idiot. Service providers keep records of that stuff. All the police have to do is subpoena them and they can get every text they sent, including the kinky ones.
This. It's not going to work. Tell her to back off if she doesn't want to look like an idiot, or worse. It's better to just move on. Nothing ever good comes out of revenge.
Old 2012-12-13, 16:23   Link #10860
Ruby Princess

I showed this page to my friend. She got angry and slapped me for sharing such a private thing online... then she hugged me and said thanks for caring about her. She's decided to ditch the whole revenge thing since it's more dangerous and less foolproof than she thought, and just move on with her life. Thanks, guys.
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom