Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 19:37   Link #221
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
The author herself repeatedly comments in her postscripts about how truant these students are . . . doing everything under the sun but study.
They're supposed to law students - she probably decided that a realistic portrayal of their lives would be too boring. And soul crushing.

Pretty solid start for the most part, though the latin dance club was just WTF and I'm going to have to be the party pooper who says I can't completely ignore the fact Koko is actually kind of really creepy.

About the "downing the tea" scene - is that stuff supposed to be really, really strong? I remember Alex St. John (who did some travel in Japan while working on DirectX for Microsoft in the 90s) mentioning in his memoirs that he had a lot of trouble getting through a tea ceremony because of the taste/consistency:
http://www.alexstjohn.com/WP/2013/03/23/kyotos-revenge/

Chinami looks to be freaking adorable and I'm glad the show has explicitly indicated she doesn't even have a snowball in hell no chance up front - not that I'd expect anything else given the show's Toradora pedigree.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 19:37   Link #222
csuree
The Most Hated™

i think not just japan....In europe too u can go directly to law school. I too thinked about it...

also about being college themed.....Honestly...how much time is between college and high school?....about 3-4 months of vacation.....U know just because you are in college it doesn't mean you will be more mature...
Even now the characters are quite childish...
Example: Banri and Mitsuo following girls like stalkers... those reactions from Mitsuo....and Kouko following Mitsuo on a childhood whim...seem childish to me; It could perfectly fit in high school also.

Sure the college gives a different vibe....but in college u do the same things as in High school...learn... club activities....hanging out with friends....and part time work. It is almost the same except the age and the motivation.

Surely they will probably get more mature but a first year college freshman is still far closer to a high schooler than a mature man or woman.
Old 2013-10-03, 21:13   Link #223
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say this surprised me in how much I enjoyed it. I expected one thing and got the other. Kaga would seem to be a horrible person, but it seems like she's just lovestruck and a bit dense. She literally doesn't get how much her childhood friend Mitsuo is rejecting her. This has gone on for so long that they are both literally not on the same page. He sees maliciousness in all her actions and she considers him a tsundere. Did beat him with the roses though . At least she took out the thorns....

Banri's not a bad guy, but curious about his background. Thankfully the OP is subtle as a hammer as to how this is all going to work out . Though maybe he and Kaga are pretty suitable. Seems like the type that would appreciate Kaga's overwhelming affection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
You can go straight into law school from high school in Japan?
I guess so. Well I've seen law students from various countries and every nation has their own system. Some combine undergraduate and law studies and it just ends up being a longer program.
Old 2013-10-03, 23:22   Link #224
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, that was a pretty good first episode. I like how it's about "MC meets quirky girl" but done in an entirely different way that isn't centered around the protagonist just because he's the protagonist. I'm also glad they kept Koko's screentime sparingly and helped establish our two dudes first and their respective personalities.

I guess Koko's pretty intresting. It was edgy when she seemingly started to participate in JC Staff style abuse but that got dealt with quickly. It seems she's utterly into the Mitsuo guy at all costs, but it's driven her up a wall because he's just so indecisive and running away from the matter. I guess I like her still; she seems to be a pretty classy person and she knows how to tease people. I wouldn't want to see her when she loses it though.

Also, Linda seemed to be a pretty short showstealer, but she did make her presence known. Wonder what's with her too.

And wtffffffffff at the end.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 23:47   Link #225
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
You can go straight into law school from high school in Japan?
Because "law school" in Japan is basically a department of the university, not a separate postgraduate institution.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 00:03   Link #226
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The OP is insanely moe !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 00:56   Link #227
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Nice opening them by Yui Horie and not to mention the strong start of Ep. 1, but let’s see if Golden Time would become “The Next Greatest Love Story Ever Told”, shall we?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 01:00   Link #228
cloud04
Scanlator

i didnt expect chinami to come out that early
Old 2013-10-04, 01:16   Link #229
Renge
smile

I found something rather interesting but weird when researching this series.. Im not sure if its a spoiler tho but just putting it
Spoiler for Characters:
Renge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 01:33   Link #230
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renge View Post
Spoiler for Characters:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-04, 01:44   Link #231
Tchadnis

this look promising , i like how all the girl were introduced
Old 2013-10-04, 02:18   Link #232
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 05:21   Link #233
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Holy crap FIRE the sound director because my ears are bleeding.

No, not because the BGM were mediocre, and they certainly were, but TURN THE BGM AND SOUND EFFECT DOWN FFS, I can't even hear the lines on many of the scenes because the music is BLARING over the voices.

I really hope they fix this, because a lot of scenes I have no freakin idea what was said.
Old 2013-10-04, 05:48   Link #234
Kirihara_R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i didnt expect chinami to come out that early
thats true ,, maybe they intend to introduce the major characters in the 1 episode ,,
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 06:11   Link #235
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Did I bump my head and wake up watching NoitaminA in 2005?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 06:27   Link #236
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I didn't expect Hocchan as Coco Kouko. I mean, it's not bad, just that it was unexpected. Probably because I didn't expect her to be so loco eccentric from her character design.

Also, that OP is cute. The ED as well. But Chinami is my main hook for now, seems to be on the right level of noisiness compared with Kouko.

Anyways, not really much happening nor anything major notable yet, but I'm excited for more.
Old 2013-10-04, 06:53   Link #237
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Mimicked my thoughts. The première was fantastic. As much as you can hope for in a romantic comedy set in college. How much difference adult characters make instead of middle or high schoolers. It's actually my favourite premiere episode, even more so than Kill la Kill.

I can't put a finger on it, but everything was... right. From the comedic tone to the colorful and wacky college premise to the differing casts of characters, I loved it as a package. I haven't seen a romcom episode done this well since Nodame Cantabile... which *wink wink* was a noitamina show aired in the mid 2000s. Also was by JC Staff! Bravo JC! Now make more of these types of LN adaptations rather than those shitty pandering ones. Put budget in this instead of Little Busters Refrain too please.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 07:24   Link #238
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Aaaah, classic Noitamina, how sorely missed. (aside: I was rewatching Hataraki Man last weekend, and there's a show that'd never get made these days.)

I have seen some comments here and elsewhere about the BGM being perhaps a bit too high in the mix, and they have a point. But some of it was pretty good.
The music when Banri was running to the opening ceremony, and also the music when they find Koko sitting just behind them in the lecture theatre.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 07:29   Link #239
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think it's honestly that people just aren't used to this style of anime anymore - 8-10 years ago it would have seemed perfectly normal. Golden Cantabile Clover Time is a relic of another era, a time where Hochan is forever 19...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 07:33   Link #240
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
I think it's honestly that people just aren't used to this style of anime anymore - 8-10 years ago it would have seemed perfectly normal. Golden Cantabile Clover Time is a relic of another era, a time where Hochan is forever 19...
And the best thing is... it's 2 cours. Fuck yea.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen