AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-17, 22:42   Link #441
Tier3

Evangelion
Berserk
Death Note
Eureka 7
Gantz
Old 2008-03-18, 02:48   Link #442
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

1) Basilisk Kouga Ninpou Chou

2) Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's

3) Shaman King

4) Full Metal Alchimest

5) Sakura Card Captors
Old 2008-03-18, 15:09   Link #443
deltakano
1つの愛

No specific order:
Kare Kano
RahXephon
Tsukihime
Ghost in the Shell
FMP! Second Raid

Honorable Mentions:
Suzuka, Basilisk, Blue Gender, Gunparade March, Heroic Age, GTO
Old 2008-03-19, 20:42   Link #444
Nemu

I have a feeling I already posted in this thread, but I'm not sure.

- Higurashi
- Rozen Maiden
- Lucky Star
- Chobits
- Nanatsuiro Drops

Signature by ganbaru
Old 2008-03-20, 13:24   Link #445
escimo
Paparazzi

1. Rurouni Kenshin Reminiscence (Never been so profoundly moved by anything I've watched. Doesn't really work alone though. Requires watching the series as a basis.)
2. Last Exile (High on the list due to being my "gateway drug" anime.)
3. Gundam SEED (When I watched the series for the first time I felt somewhat indifferent about it. However I seem to keep coming back to it whenever talking about what generally appeals to me in anime.)
4. Haibane Renmei (Caused a week long quite philosophical meditation session. There aren't that many things that can do that to me so it's on the list.)
5. Fullmetal Alchemist (Can't put my finger on anything specific. I just love it.)
Old 2008-03-20, 14:16   Link #446
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

Gundam 00 - Very much appreciated and addicting series that can take you on the edge of your seat! I like the way the series is carefully planned from start and finished off with almost all supporting characters got killed! The characters were a definition of being a human, not as powerful as those SEED characters but that's what I'm looking for. Also what I like from the series is that CB are vulnerable and they can be fall down but they try fight for their right and remain standing on the world . A must see Gundam series and I dare to say this is the most awesome Gundam series since Wing and G Gundam!

TTGL - This epicness of this series was really awesome! A heart-pumping series filled with comedy , suspense , light-drama and romance, and especially the action-packed adventure of the cast! From the depths of the underground and through the heavens and alternate galaxies, from the highs and lows, from Moelicious heroines and GARness of the heroes... The series will be remembered by all who watched it.

Code Geass

Seto no Hanayome

Nanoha Trilogy lol

Honorable Mentions:

Baccano!
Minami-ke
Utawarerumono
Higurashi no Naku koro ni / Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Bamboo Blade
Clannad
Rozen Maiden
NHK ni Youkoso

Last edited by AuditionEX; 2008-03-23 at 20:56.
Old 2008-03-21, 14:05   Link #447
angel.shade

Damn, this is tough. So much crap, so few gems.

1) Gunslinger Girl (Season One)
2) Black Lagoon
3) Baccano!
4) Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's

... I don't have a #5.
Old 2008-03-21, 18:18   Link #448
Hijiroku
Heil Mein Fuhrer

1. Hunter x Hunter (just love it) and also the voice actor for gon is the voice actor for naruto

2. Elfen Lied (lots of blood )

3. Bleach(lots of action and its funny)

4. One piece(its great)

5. Naruto+Naruto Shippuden (its good but way to many fillers and 2 many eps with no action)

6. Full Metal Alchemist (It has a great story line but not the best of endings but the movie is bassicly like a extra episode and it finish off the story line)

7. Eureka Seven (Really Funny)
Old 2008-03-21, 21:30   Link #449
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

1. Rozen Maiden - I do admit there are probably superior anime series to this one, but it's on the top of my list due to its originality, character depth, and the number of times I've whole-heartedly laughed at its humor. Its absolutely fantastic OST also had an effect on this decision.
2. Code Geass - The protagonist, Lelouch, is probably one of the most interesting characters I've seen in anime. Not to mention character depth and a big animation budget, the show's philosophical aspects really made it memorable. The fact that chess is played properly in that show is a big plus.
3. Kanon 2006 - Ahh, the Ayu arc really hit things home on this series. The whole buildup to the mystery behind Ayu is not only a very interesting twist, but also strengthened the emotional aspects of the series. Oh ya, and the Uguu~s are funny.
4. Clannad - On the same boat as Kanon 2006, but the humor is also a memorable aspect of this series for me. The ending to Kotomi's arc is awe inspiring. My opinion of this series will probably change (for better or worse) once episode 22 airs.
Tied 5. Full Metal Alchemist - Great themes and concepts. In addition to the amazing plot and great animation, the portrayal of characters and their depth is another of this show's many strengths.
Tied 5. Shakugan no Shana - There's probably a lot of mixed opinions on this series. But from where I can see the series is heading, it's only going to be better and better. More character development and a balance between harem and action pushes this series away from the crowd.
Old 2008-03-21, 22:51   Link #450
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotank View Post
2. Code Geass - The protagonist, Lelouch, is probably one of the most interesting characters I've seen in anime. Not to mention character depth and a big animation budget, the show's philosophical aspects really made it memorable. The fact that chess is played properly in that show is a big plus.
Leave it to Sunrise to take that huge budget and still only have average-quality animation. Philosophical aspects? eh?
And chess was played white-people-style. The fact that Brittania was essentially the United States led Sunrise to decide to have characters playing western chess as opposed to Shougi.
Quote:
Tied 5. Shakugan no Shana - There's probably a lot of mixed opinions on this series. But from where I can see the series is heading, it's only going to be better and better. More character development and a balance between harem and action pushes this series away from the crowd.
Harem?
You mean Shana, Yoshida, Ike, Keisaku, and Eita?
Old 2008-03-22, 00:44   Link #451
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Arghh! I don't like listing just five, so I won't.

- Elfen Lied
- H2O: Footprints in the sand
- Mushishi
- Air
- Lupin III
- Gundam (All of the series except Gundam Seed)
- Inuyasha
- Trigun
- Lucky Star
- Suzumiya Haruhi
Old 2008-03-22, 04:16   Link #452
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Quote:
Leave it to Sunrise to take that huge budget and still only have average-quality animation. Philosophical aspects? eh?
And chess was played white-people-style. The fact that Brittania was essentially the United States led Sunrise to decide to have characters playing western chess as opposed to Shougi.
I recall the animation atleast being above average, especially with the mecha battles. But it's been a while since I've watched the series, so I can't say for sure. Philosophical aspects as in stuff like ends justify means, and sacrificing Euphie.
The chess in particular impressed me because the game between Lelouch and Mao in episode 14 was based on an actual (and quite famous) game between Fischer and Byrne in 1963 (and as far as I'm aware, I'm the first person to notice this ). Actually, I'm sure Japanese people do play regular chess as well, just like while China has its own chess, there are still plenty of regular chess GMs from China.

Quote:
Harem?
You mean Shana, Yoshida, Ike, Keisaku, and Eita?
Sure I guess. And Konoe for a while too. But I think the more important point I'm trying to make is the slice of life stuff this show included for character development. I agree using the first 12 episodes of season 2 for nothing but slice of life is a questionable, but its presence is what gives this show its depth.
Old 2008-03-22, 09:01   Link #453
angel.shade

Quote:
Shakugan no Shana in its current state, especially season two, is shit-terrible. I still think it could be nearly on the same level as Nanoha in terms of general badassery if they'd just effing delete 90% of the boring, overly long and tiresome school-life crap.

It's really a shame because the show's design for the action part is actually very, very good. The animation is attractive and well-done. The monster design is rather original, Shana's character design is a perfect mix of cute and badass, the archetypal femme fatale, and guy who lives within her amulet reminds me a lot of Bogie from The Third.

But oh god it just gets so shitgodding boring when the fighting stops. I wasn't able to finish the first season all the way through because of that, and from the initial posts here, I watched part of the second season hoping it had more action and less filler. Nope, wrong again!

Protip: You don't need uncomfortable romance scenes, high school drama and unfunny jokes to develop your characters. Plenty of other stories do that just fine without resorting to snore tactics.
Old 2008-03-22, 23:37   Link #454
gh0stmice
*Artist

im going to have to agree with angel shade.....i watched the first season, it was o.k.. just as angel shade stated above, it was pretty unique creative and visually attractive. But it had that gosh darn "run of the mill" harem love complex, the kind thats been done in almost all harems. all the girls flock to one guy, and that guy for some reason is completly oblivious despite the very apparent reactions and behaviors of "said" females....i thought that " well if they cut back on some of that high school drama, the show might have been better". which led me to believe that they might have changed it up alittle in the second season by cutting back on the unnessassary "slice of life" aspect of the show. but instead it seems they have capitalized on that one particualr point turning the series from an "action/romance/comedy" to a "heavy romance/crappy humor/and alittle bit of action"

one redeeming quality of the show is the character "margery"....i love that character and "marcus". those two were actually quite entertaining

fate/stay night is a whole lot better, IMO, as far as fantasy/action/romance goes
Old 2008-03-23, 01:10   Link #455
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Again, I'd like to state that there was a harem in Shakugan no Shana for maybe five episodes in the second season during its extended high school life half of the anime (which I'll have to agree had continued too long.), and we all already knew that she really wasn't viable.
The light novels it was based on also contain more school-life type situations than the anime, though their feelings are more explicit rather than the heavy implication featured in the anime (on Yuji's part.)
I say that some of the school life scenes in the anime were necessary for development, though, especially early on in the first season (you think she can magically becomes more social overnight?)

And you bringing up Fate/Stay Night is hypocritical as well. It actually was a harem anime, and Shiro was much moreso the "confused loser harem lead" than Yuji, especially now that Yuji
Spoiler for Second Season:

Its lack of any type of any school life or day-to-day settings also prevented any real character development from any of the characters but the tsundere (who's obligated).
Fate/Stay Night's fights also pale in comparison to Shakugan no Shana's as well, as they are all quite generic, save one (the obvious super GARfest). And Excalibur was pretty much Divine Buster with a sword.

And this is coming from a Studio DEEN fan, too.
Old 2008-03-23, 03:19   Link #456
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Okay, what is going on here? I love Shakugan no Shana, even though I have no idea why because I forgot most of the first season. It's not even close to being near my top anime, but it was a very good mix of action/romance/comedy at the time, and it is still considered by me one of the best of the type. (8.2/10, very good)

And my top five, which probably did not change from when I last posted:

#1: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
#2: Cardcaptor Sakura
#3: Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
#4: Elfen Lied
#5: SaiKano
Old 2008-03-23, 03:31   Link #457
killerzX

In no particular order

kimi ga nozomu eien
full metal alchemist
busou renkin
kaze no stigma
they are my noble master *airing*
Old 2008-03-23, 03:40   Link #458
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
And my top five, which probably did not change from when I last posted:

#1: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
#2: Cardcaptor Sakura
#3: Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
#4: Elfen Lied
#5: SaiKano
Lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
1) Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
This is just beautiful beyond words. Everything touched me. Personally life-changing, it's one of the only two anime I've ever watched that has done so. Episodes 2 and 14 of this anime remains to be my top two anime moments of all time. It has probably the best storyline of any anime of any genre.

2) Cardcaptor Sakura
This anime stayed on my #1 list for the longest time and I still consider CCS and KgNE to be equal in status. It's cute, funny, and emotional, different from KgNE's romance drama. It's an anime that can be watched for fun or one can delve into it and extract a completely new and deep meaning. This is the second and only other life-changing anime.

3) Nodame Cantabile
Everything was just satisfying about this anime, and that's what I like. There's literally no drama and the plot is very lighthearted so that I get a good feeling after each episode. Still, the story ties together nicely and led to one of the best endings ever.

4) Elfen Lied
This was the only other anime that ever stayed on my #1 spot and it would've deserved it too if I didn't stop making AMVs. From a convenient point of view, this anime offered so much plots and miniplots that I could express myself through it and create AMVs to convey them. This anime offers lots of symbolism and real life applications about culture and society that makes it one of the most important and epic anime of all time.

5) Toki o Kakeru Shōjo
Hm, this was good, short, and enjoyable. Despite it having a fantasy/science fiction plot, it was most realistic. The voice acting isn't exaggerated to become cute schoolgirls, the eyes aren't bulging in cuteness, and except from the obvious exception the environment itself was incredibly realistic, so much that I felt as if it absorbed me into the story and I became unaware of everything else surrounding me. The only bad thing about it is the second viewing will drastically lessen interest and impact. It's meant to be only seen once and provide the audience with complete astonishment and awe.
Yes, I creeped through five pages of posts to find that, just because I love you.
While I was creeping:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutty View Post
well this is actually prettttty esay for me , ive seen many many anime probly 50 + different 26- 50 ep season shows( plus longer ones like one piece, inuyasha, naruto, bleach.)

an i can safly say these six ( 5 was just to hard lol) have never moved and inch in my heart as my top animes.

snip because I'm probably one of the few actually reading through the read anyway.
I found this post amazing in that probably .01% of the world or so has seen more than 50 anime series, and probably three fourths of the people on this forum fall into that .01%.
Not to mention it was a double post.
And grammar.

I liked that (s)he had Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann higher than Code Geass, though.
Old 2008-03-23, 11:20   Link #459
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
For me...

1. Hayate no Gotoku
Lots of laugh, good story, good timing, and nice art. In addition, Hinagiku is an easy win.

2. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Haruhi-ism spreading!! Anyways this is good anime, Everything packed into one great stuff.

3. Shakugan no Shana
People might say the second season sucks, about school life, etc. But Not until you see the late episodes, 21, 22 and so on.

4. Lucky Star
Original, and a very good humor in the end. You would have laugh a lot if you see this.

5. Zero no Tsukaima
It's actually a very good anime, but unluckily the ending ruins it. The ruined ending doesn't mean this would be terrible.
Old 2008-03-23, 11:32   Link #460
gh0stmice
*Artist

qtipbrit92 you are just really combative. i think you just play the devils advocate on these threads just for fun or something, cause i hardly ever see agree with people...

all your points are valid and i understand your arguement, but it all boils down to prefrence. and like i said earlier, i liked the first season....it was o.k..... but i did have a problem with the second season.

Spoiler for me and fate/stay night: