AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-17, 20:34   Link #1
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Bio Booster Armour Guyver - Yoshiki Takaya

Anyone follow this series?

Has there been any sign from Viz that they will resume releasing translations of the series?

I just got hold of the Japanese Vol 21 today (£3.30 for those interested), is there any demand for synopsis of the untranslated volumes?

Let me know.
Old 2004-01-17, 21:54   Link #2
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Anyone follow this series?

Has there been any sign from Viz that they will resume releasing translations of the series?

I just got hold of the Japanese Vol 21 today (£3.30 for those interested), is there any demand for synopsis of the untranslated volumes?

Let me know.
To my knowledge, Viz dropped the whole Guyver series after I think volume 7. If it isn't too much of a hassle, it would be nice to know the synopsis from vol. 8 and onward (last I remember was that Guyver 1 and 3 were carrying some back packs while they were investigating the spaceship that was hidden in the mountain by Chronos).
Old 2004-01-18, 07:47   Link #3
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_Lee
To my knowledge, Viz dropped the whole Guyver series after I think volume 7. If it isn't too much of a hassle, it would be nice to know the synopsis from vol. 8 and onward (last I remember was that Guyver 1 and 3 were carrying some back packs while they were investigating the spaceship that was hidden in the mountain by Chronos).
Hmm I was under the impression that Viz put the series on hiatus due to the Japanese publisher folding, however soon after Guyver found a new publisher in Kadokawa Shoten comics and was reprinted and continued. Strange that it was never restarted as I thought following the Anime series there would have been a big enough fan base.........
Old 2004-01-18, 13:18   Link #4
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Hmm I was under the impression that Viz put the series on hiatus due to the Japanese publisher folding, however soon after Guyver found a new publisher in Kadokawa Shoten comics and was reprinted and continued. Strange that it was never restarted as I thought following the Anime series there would have been a big enough fan base.........
Actually, they dropped the manga because it did not meet the sales requirement at that time (because it came out around the time when anime/manga was only upstarting... pre-toonami), so it is probably on complete hiatus and dropped.
Old 2004-01-18, 17:11   Link #5
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Actually, they dropped the manga because it did not meet the sales requirement at that time (because it came out around the time when anime/manga was only upstarting... pre-toonami), so it is probably on complete hiatus and dropped.
Hmm thats a real shame, the series definitely gets better as it continues (and I guess as 3X3 Eyes was ressurected I can't give up all hope) . I've just found a site that does synopsis's up to vol 16 (I'll post a link here for those). If I cant find any for after that then I'll post synopsis' for the later volumes here until I can get a website up and running .
Old 2004-01-19, 01:45   Link #6
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Hmm thats a real shame, the series definitely gets better as it continues (and I guess as 3X3 Eyes was ressurected I can't give up all hope) . I've just found a site that does synopsis's up to vol 16 (I'll post a link here for those). If I cant find any for after that then I'll post synopsis' for the later volumes here until I can get a website up and running .
Yeah, I think I already have seen/read those (but damn, would have loved to see some scans of the actual mangas with english translations on them). I also heard of a company (in Singapore I think) that is going to do new english translations of the mangas, but they can not ship them to the US (probably due to VIZ ).

I also have recently seen some re-issues of some of VIZ's older titles (like some of the out-of-print original graphic novels of Battle Angel Alita ... or Gunnum... the original Japanese title's name) where there were new cover art for the re-issues. It might be a possibility that Guyver will be re-issued as well, but I have heard of no news about that from anyone or on VIZ's website.
Old 2004-01-20, 12:04   Link #7
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

I'd really love to see a reissue of this series too so don't give up hope, someone should be able to see there is potential still with this license:

Btw check out Synopsis' for up to Volume 15 at:

http://www.warriorguyver.com/starsguyverpage/page.htm

Under the graphic novel section.
Its quite a nice site so with a fair bit of information. Once I do the Narutaru synopsis' I'll post synopsis for the later volumes here.
Old 2004-01-25, 21:17   Link #8
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Damn, took a while to read it all, but it was cool. Not to rush you, but about how long will it take for you to do the synopsis of the other volumes. I really appretiate the info from one fan to another.
Old 2004-01-26, 12:33   Link #9
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Damn, took a while to read it all, but it was cool. Not to rush you, but about how long will it take for you to do the synopsis of the other volumes. I really appretiate the info from one fan to another.
No problem It really depends how in depth you want them.....

My only other problem is that Volume 16 is the only one I dont have to hand! (I'll have to dig it out.)
Old 2004-01-26, 15:32   Link #10
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Nothing to short, but just enough in depth to know what's going on. It's up to you.

Take your time, I'm in no rush. I really do appreciate it.
Old 2004-01-31, 04:19   Link #11
kisame
demon

does any one know where to buy all 20 volumes doesn't matter what language

and as for viz with them finsihing the translation they have the manga on what they call "indefinate hiates"

and the series was never finished

im dying to read the rest of the series

Last edited by kisame; 2004-01-31 at 21:36.
Old 2004-08-19, 18:02   Link #12
Trulock1

If anyone has a synopsis on the guyver series past book 15, could you PLEASE email me. I'm desparate to find info on this story.PLEASE!!!!!
Jaredt@glyphx.com
Old 2004-08-19, 18:48   Link #13
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
I remember progress of the manga was stopped for quite a number of years. When the new volume was released after that long a hiatus, it created quite a furor...

In the meantime, I sold what manga volumes I had in my possession as they were becoming yellowish. Heh.

As for synopsis, I think you can find some good ones on the Net.
Old 2004-08-19, 19:03   Link #14
Trulock1

It ended at seven in the U.S. and hasn't been picked up to my knowledge. I know it's up to twenty something in japan, but i can only find synopsis up to 15. I'm looking for stuff past that. If anyone knows anything it would be awesome.
Old 2004-08-19, 19:10   Link #15
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well, how much do you know? I can't remember the story for each individual volume, so you have to jog my memory a bit.
Old 2004-08-19, 19:15   Link #16
Trulock1

The synopsis of 15 ends with hamilcal viewing some of alkanfels memories, and you see the guyver0 for the first time.
Old 2004-08-19, 19:50   Link #17
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Ok looks like I'll have to dig out my volumes and get round to doing this (it took long enough for Narutaru)

Please bear with me though It'll take a little time. Volume 22 was released about a month ago in Japan, and I haven't had a chance to order it yet, looking forward to seeing how the plot develops though!
Old 2004-08-19, 21:20   Link #18
Trulock1

Talking

Tsurumaru, You're awesome. If it's to much trouble, don't worry about it. Either way thanks. You're a big help.
Old 2004-08-19, 21:25   Link #19
Trulock1

Question

Anybody know anything about the zoalord looking chick on the cover of volume 18?
Old 2004-08-20, 07:09   Link #20
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulock1
Anybody know anything about the zoalord looking chick on the cover of volume 18?
Yes.

Spoiler:

I'll see if I can start on a rough synopsis this Sunday......
Closed Thread