AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 52 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 31.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-10, 07:57   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Darker Than Black - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Darker Than Black, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-12-10, 11:55   Link #2
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2009-12-10, 12:49   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for This episode obviously:
Old 2009-12-10, 13:26   Link #4
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Once again, BONES pulls off a brilliant episode.

Spoiler for Mao, you handsome YOU.:

Spoiler for Misaki :(:

Off finishing the episode.
Old 2009-12-10, 13:33   Link #5
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow. Looking good. Really looking forward to this episode!
Old 2009-12-10, 13:46   Link #6
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This episode was once again written by Okada Mari, who write eps 4-6. Eps 7-9 were written by Oonishi Shinsuke, who wrote several eps of the first series. Eps 11-12 will be written by Suga Shoutarou, who was lead writer for the last 11 eps of the first series, and also did many eps of GITS:SAC, Blood+, and FMA2.

2channel's thread asking for a top five of 2009 has this show second after Bakemonogatari. Here is the 2channelers' top ten, with number of votes:
1. Bakemonogatari (1231)
2. Darker Than Black II (805)
3. Saki (704)
4. K-ON! (582)
5. Higashi no Eden (525)
6. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (456)
7. Kimi-ni Todoke (428)
8. Taisho Yakyu Musume (238)
9. Natsume’s Book of Friends (209)
10. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (199)
Info from Sankaku (NSFW).

I hope Hei didn't kill Kyouko. Why did Madame do it? Was it Madame? Or Shion? The two scenes with Kyouko were excellently horrifying.

Was the chrysalis Yin or Shion or Shion/Yin?

Looks as if it is possible to implant false memories?

I love the idea that there is no fake. I've always believed clones are human beings.

Poor Misaki. I was happy with how well she treated Suou and July. I'm not 100% sure whether Suou would be better off with her or with Hei.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-10, 13:59   Link #7
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Umm,

Spoiler for quick summary:

Hopefully, I'll get a better understanding of this episode after subs are out.

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-12-10 at 14:09.
Old 2009-12-10, 14:10   Link #8
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Looks as if it is possible to implant false memories?
ME technology has been in use ever since the appearance of the Gates.

Quote:
I hope Hei didn't kill Kyouko. Why did Madame do it? Was it Madame? Or Shion? The two scenes with Kyouko were excellently horrifying.
Banking on Shion. He's been a sadist since he was a child and he has a thing for particularly violent deaths.
Old 2009-12-10, 14:34   Link #9
nubby

This is disgusting! Hei and 12 year old Suou over Misaki? WTF are they thinking and where are they taking this?
Old 2009-12-10, 14:48   Link #10
Rima-Chan
lurker

OmG! From what i've read here, it seams like this is awsome episode! Can wait for subtitles to come out!!

Last edited by Rima-Chan; 2009-12-10 at 16:36.
Old 2009-12-10, 15:04   Link #11
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
This is disgusting! Hei and 12 year old Suou over Misaki? WTF are they thinking and where are they taking this?
I think it is a mistake to think of this as a romance. It might become one, but for now it is parental-type protection.

On Suou's side, it might be puppy love, but the fact is that Hei is the only security she has left, now that she discovers that her father, brother, and mother -- and herself -- are not what she thought they were.

To Hei, Suou is like a glimmer of hope, a spark of humanity. The kind of thing a child provides.

I was surprised by his apparent willingness to shoot Misaki, but he is, after all, the Black Reaper. I have been hoping for Misaki, but perhaps he could only pair up with another similarly damaged soul, like Yin.

The weight of coincidence in this episode is fairly massive. Misaki just happens on Suou and July. Mao just happened to touch Asami's hand and turn her baby into a contractor (I think), and just happened to be there when the explosion went up that killed both him and Suou. Or is any of this coincidence?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-12-10 at 19:48.
Old 2009-12-10, 15:14   Link #12
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Not romance, bro. Remember, Misaki pulled the gun on Hei and never answered his question as to why she's working for Section 3. And this is after Hei traveled around the city after Oreille basically hinted that Section 3 wanted to take custody of Suou as of now, who coincidentally was with Section 3 member Misaki.

>Mao just happened to touch Asami's hand and turn her baby into a contractor (I think)
I don't think that's how it works.
Old 2009-12-10, 15:20   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Augh... For some reason, finding my interest towards this show slipping by the second... Still will watch it though.

The whole revelation about Suou by her mother was pretty interesting, and Mao's fetish and excellent memory of the ankle was entertaining.
Yeah.

I think there was some wonderful moments of Suou going deredere over Hei (I know, keikau doori, you lolicon) near the end, but I don't remember a thing.

Now then... A few episodes left... How will they end everything...................
*looks around*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-12-10, 15:49   Link #14
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Wow from what I've read/reading this episode sounds like it will be awesome and possibly a bit sad. Can't wait for the subs.
Old 2009-12-10, 18:35   Link #15
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

That ep was a rollercoaster of emotion for me. I really don't know what to say about it.

Spoiler for ep 10:
Old 2009-12-10, 19:41   Link #16
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Then you can complain to the people in real life who get married happily with 10-year+ age differences.

Haven't seen the episode for myself yet, so no comments until later.
Old 2009-12-10, 19:47   Link #17
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
I was surprised by his apparent willingness to shoot Misaki, but he is, after all, the Black Reaper. I have been hoping for Misaki, but perhaps he could only pair up with another similarly damaged soul, like Yin.
^ THIS!
No other pairing is acceptable!! Yin or bust for Hei l say!!
Old 2009-12-10, 19:59   Link #18
Lummie

Hei has the full right to be hostile towards Misaki because she has teamed up with section 3 who's been hunting him and aiming at his life right from the start. I wouldn't trust her either i were to be in Hei's place.

My suspicions about Oreille still having contact with Hei were right. I think Oreille killed Youko because she views her as a future danger because A: she's a apprentice of Dr. Schroeder and B: she currently knows too much. With her death, Section 3 loses a important card but that's what i think.

I think the most gross moment in this episode was Hazuki kissing Youko's lips while holding her dead body....ew
Old 2009-12-10, 20:46   Link #19
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
^ THIS!
No other pairing is acceptable!! Yin or bust for Hei l say!!
+1
thank you!
Waititng for hq raw and subs :3
looks like my wait for yin will take another week orz
Old 2009-12-10, 21:47   Link #20
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
On Suou's side, it might be puppy love, but the fact is that Hei is the only security she has left, now that she discovers that her father, brother, and mother -- and herself -- are not what she thought they were.
I wouldn't side with this to be honest. If Bones had wanted us to not be so sure about it, they wouldn't have Mao bluntly stating that Suou is in love with him. I guess Bones learned from not making Hei and Yin's relationship clear in S1.

Another nice development episode. I can't help feeling that Suou's mother is evenutally going to come around and see Suou for "who she is." She seemed torn up enough about her when she heard Mao calling out to Suou when Suou ran off after hearing her mother spill her guts.

I liked the scene where Suou spilled her own guts to Hei like that. It was a great balance of just enough emotional power to make you feel, while not making you cry like a little girl for her.

Yeah, that was definitely not Hei who killed Yoko; a) she was still alive when he left, and b) that so doesn't fit his M.O. (near-mutilation is so not Hei's style) I would've kinda figured that somebody in Section 3 would suspect this even though Hei did kidnap her, although since we haven't heard everyone else's opinion it might still click for somebody. Misaki most of all is likely to realize this. Or they might just have her believe it after all to increase the tension between them, especially after their encounter this episode.

So, Yin's in Hell's Gate, eh? I would've thought she'd be somewhere better hidden than a flowerbed there, but since she seems to have awakened to whatever it is they want, I would guess she doesn't need to be hidden anymore.

Yin emerging form a cocoon in the middle of Hell's Gate? Oh boy. Yin in some kind of battle suit? Uh-oh.

But Yin grinning like that?

OH SHI-

Looks like the "Contractor killer" will be showing up next episode. I personally can't wait to see Hei's reaction. There's gonna be some serious drama there.

10/10

It feels to me like we should prep ourselves for an S3; it just seems like there's a bit too much to wrap up fully in 2 more episodes. Maybe Shion's plot, but there will definitely be open stuff left with the Syndicate, and I don't see the Hei/Misaki conflict ending so quick either. The un-conclusion of the plot with Yin is also a possibility; she's been pretty much gone for the shole season, and now truly shows up only 2 episode before the end. Seems a bit too short for the conclusion of whatever happened to her and for Hei to come to the rescue when we still have whatever Shion is planning.