Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-11, 23:47   Link #121
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Magellan only got Luffy with his poison because Luffy was weakened by attacking him because he preferred to sacrifice his hands to save, Ace. Magellan couldn't touch Luffy with his own strength, he was no match for Luffy. Obviously if any fruit out there is hax it would Magellans. Then there's his red venom and his venom demon. He resorted to that BECAUSE Luffy was whooping his little ass.

Magellan is weak. Resorting to venom that fucks up everything in it's path just because you are getting your ass whooped is pathetic and low class. You who is not a fighter wouldn't understand that since you have no honor in fighting. Luffy does. Magellan doesn't. He's just a swamp ass tool used for guarding a prison in a dark hole under water called Impel down because he's not a fighter.

So what were you saying?

And I agree. Luffy will most definitely take some serious damage in the fight. But not taking any damage wouldn't be fun at all. This is going to be his first major fight in the New World so he needs to get a good taste of the power he's facing. Doflamingo is at the sort of level where Luffy will most definitely be pushed to his limits so this will be a fight where we finally get to see Luffy show off his new level of awesomeness.

Not sure if I got you wrong but, oh, yes Sanji did see that attack coming with his Observation Haki. The issue here is that his body couldn't react fast enough to avoid the attack. I'm sure he was also surprised since he didn't know how the hell the attack was going to do what he observed.

What I'm most interested in is seeing Zoro's progress. I'm sure he has become quite strong. I would say he's around Law's level. If Zoro has truly improved his focus like he has once said he should then I'd imagine that he has some amazing control over his observation haki.
What do you mean by:"Magellan couldn't touch luffy with his own strengh"?
Magellam was more than a match for luffy.Magellan is not weak.Did you want him to not use his ability?

What would you know about me?

It seemed Magellan was a fighter.
Old 2013-10-11, 23:54   Link #122
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
What do you mean by:"Magellan couldn't touch luffy with his own strengh"?
Magellam was more than a match for luffy.Magellan is not weak.Did you want him to not use his ability?

What would you know about me?

It seemed Magellan was a fighter.
No, he was a prison warden. Basically like a guard. He isn't a fighter. He relies on his poison to defeat his enemies.
Luffy didn't even use his full power when he last fought Magellan because he didn't need to due to the fact that Magellan was no match for him. If the fight kept on Luffy would have defeated him thanks to his wax armor and that's one of the 2 main reasons why he precisely used his Red Venom.
Magellan's main strength comes from his poison. That's all there is to it.

And I know enough to say you're not a fighter since you can't figure out something so simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
At the end of the day, Sanji lost to Doflamingo because of his disadvantages with speed and strength. Sanji needed to kick like 10 times to keep himself in the air which will pretty much decrease his speed and Doflamingo can just move without much effort because of his strings.

It got me thinking, those feathery coat that he used to block Sanji's attack might be made of some special impact and damage resistant material, with haki added, it would be a perfect shield. Just a wild guess.I wonder how's Sanji feeling right now? Not being strong enough to protect his nakamas who ended up getting saved by Law. Perhaps he's realizing now that the power level they have right now is not enough to take on Kaido, who Joker's so afraid of.

Sanji needs to learn those Happou kenpo techniques. Those vibrating kicks were able to damage the fused funk brothers who were resistant to weapon attacks, infused with haki. Well That's if Sanji doesn't decide to eat the mera mera no mi for the sake of Luffy. That's like sacrificing his dreams in exchange for a power up.
That's pretty interesting about his feather coat. He always uses it when he fights. I thought that he was using it to block Sanji's attacks but it didn't make much sense to me so I just dismissed it. That would be pretty sweet though.

And yes, Sanji just couldn't match Doflamingo's power. He has shown that he's stronger than Smoker though being able to last as long as he did.
I believe he has finally gotten strong enough to combat Vergo better or even defeat him.
Anyways, The Straw Hats and the Heart Pirates aren't going to rush straight to kaido to defeat him. The New World is much more vast than the first half of the Grand Line. We're going to have lots of arcs in the New World. Eventually the Straw Hats will have become strong enough to combat Kaido. Imagine how much power Luffy will have by the time they reach Kaido.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:27   Link #123
Dany Rangel

Quote:
No, he was a prison warden. Basically like a guard. He isn't a fighter. He relies on his poison to defeat his enemies.
Luffy didn't even use his full power when he last fought Magellan because he didn't need to due to the fact that Magellan was no match for him. If the fight kept on Luffy would have defeated him thanks to his wax armor and that's one of the 2 main reasons why he precisely used his Red Venom.
Magellan's main strength comes from his poison. That's all there is to it.

And I know enough to say you're not a fighter since you can't figure out something so simple.
A fighter is some-one who fights.

Magellan was a good match for Luffy.If he wasn't he would have gotten defeated.

Once again:did you not want Magellan to use his ability?

What can't I figure out?

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-10-12 at 01:32. Reason: I made a mistake and their was a grin on my post.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:44   Link #124
Rainbowman

From what I could tell of this chapter, the ones on the Thousand Sunny were heading to the coliseum to pick up the rest of the crew. At least I think so.
Old 2013-10-12, 02:07   Link #125
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
See I could care less what you think of Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji strength, in the entirety of the manga so far Oda has been comparing Zoro and Sanji more than he has Luffy and Zoro.. In fact after Timeskip Oda made Zoro and Sanji the same height, both are same age they are rivalries, both took out a pacifista together, both survived Kuma attack and was ready to give their life etc so all this Zoro is closer to Luffy than Sanji is all fanbase made up shit.....

Don't try to convince me otherwise because I only follow what the author puts in manga not what fanboys want/see..
You're saying Oda compared Zoro and Sanji more often than Luffy and Zoro?
If you follow the manga, then how about this:
How many times did Zoro and Sanji fight seriously?
How many times did Zoro and Luffy fight seriously?

You're saying that both survived an attack from Kuma?
I just saw Zoro take all of Luffy's accumulated pain and fatique. Yes, they were both ready to do it, but Oda just made it happen, that Zoro was the one saving everyone.

Just some matters you should think of, when you call other people's opinion shit and at the same time are bragging about your following, of what the author puts in the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
Sanji supposedly has a strong observation Haki. One could assume 2 things. His observation Haki wasn't strong enough to know what was coming at him ( i think a less likely scenario).

Two he knew what was coming at him and still couldn't do anything to stop it ( wasn't strong enough to do so). I think this is the more likely scenario.

But this is just my opinion.
I think so two. Sanji's cleverness far surpasses Luffy's and even that guy showed better battle strategies after the time-skip. It would be really stupid of Sanji, if he hadn't entered a fight against a Warlord with all of his power (CoO switch on and maxed out). So either the strings weren't visible even with CoO or Sanji entered the fight half-assed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel
I kind of remember he used some sort of barrier/shield(haki) at fish-man island.
Do you watch the anime or read the manga? I can't remember something like that happening in the manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel
Yeah,he said:"One Piece isn't going anywhere".
To me, it seemed like he was saying that to satisfy the Heart Pirates and that his goal was lying somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman
From what I could tell of this chapter, the ones on the Thousand Sunny were heading to the coliseum to pick up the rest of the crew. At least I think so.
I'd find it cool, if the sunny was heading to Zou, but I also have my doubts, that the Sunny crew is leaving the others behind. Still, I'd prefer to see two arcs running alongside each other.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-10-12 at 02:23.
Old 2013-10-12, 02:11   Link #126
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Why would you think that?
Old 2013-10-12, 03:13   Link #127
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
You're saying Oda compared Zoro and Sanji more often than Luffy and Zoro?
If you follow the manga, then how about this:
How many times did Zoro and Sanji fight seriously?
How many times did Zoro and Luffy fight seriously?

You're saying that both survived an attack from Kuma?
I just saw Zoro take all of Luffy's accumulated pain and fatique. Yes, they were both ready to do it, but Oda just made it happen, that Zoro was the one saving everyone.

Just some matters you should think of, when you call other people's opinion shit and at the same time are bragging about your following, of what the author puts in the manga.

I think so two. Sanji's cleverness far surpasses Luffy's and even that guy showed better battle strategies after the time-skip. It would be really stupid of Sanji, if he hadn't entered a fight against a Warlord with all of his power (CoO switch on and maxed out). So either the strings weren't visible even with CoO or Sanji entered the fight half-assed.

Do you watch the anime or read the manga? I can't remember something like that happening in the manga.

To me, it seemed like he was saying that to satisfy the Heart Pirates and that his goal was lying somewhere else.

I'd find it cool, if the sunny was heading to Zou, but I also have my doubts, that the Sunny crew is leaving the others behind. Still, I'd prefer to see two arcs running alongside each other.
I've only been reading and looking at the Manga.
I went to go check it out and I'm not sure if he used Haki or cut the swords.It was in a clash with Hyouzou on the last page of chapter 642.He mentioned some-thing about a barrier.

The other thing he mentioned was 'stealing the proper throne',right?

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-10-12 at 03:16. Reason: I made a mistake
Old 2013-10-12, 03:15   Link #128
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
A fighter is some-one who fights.

Magellan was a good match for Luffy.If he wasn't he would have gotten defeated.

Once again:did you not want Magellan to use his ability?

What can't I figure out?
I think it's best for you to stick with Manga that does not revolve around fights.
Old 2013-10-12, 03:27   Link #129
Dany Rangel

Quote:
I think it's best for you to stick with Manga that does not revolve around fights.
Why would it be best for me to stick with Manga that does not revolve around fights?

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-10-12 at 03:32. Reason: I made a mistake.
Old 2013-10-12, 03:39   Link #130
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Why would it be best for me to stick with Manga that does not revolve around fights?
Because you seem to have difficulty comprehending the battles in which you see in this Manga.
I suggest you try getting into more fights yourself in real life and maybe you'd understand it more. If you're afraid to fight people then I suggest that you do not discuss the fight details in One Piece otherwise you'll just seem like a fan boy.

People like Luffy and Zoro live in fighting. It's bliss. Having honor and pride in fighting is something that makes it all the sweeter.

But, oh yes. Magellan is nothing but a pathetic warden.
Try thinking about how Ivankov someone on an entirely different level of strength from Luffy lost to Magellan yet when Luffy had wax armor he was kicking Magellans ass and didn't get hit once by him. Not to mention Luffy didn't use his gear third or 2nd. It seems to me that Magellan is close to the strength of Hanyabal without his poison. We saw what Luffy did to Hanyabal with gear 2nd. Hahaha.
Old 2013-10-12, 04:39   Link #131
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Because you seem to have difficulty comprehending the battles in which you see in this Manga.
I suggest you try getting into more fights yourself in real life and maybe you'd understand it more. If you're afraid to fight people then I suggest again that you do not watch One Piece otherwise you'll just seem like a fan boy.

People like Luffy and Zoro live in fighting. It's bliss. Having honor and pride in fighting is something that makes it all the sweeter.

But, oh yes. Magellan is nothing but a pathetic warden.
Try thinking about how Ivankov someone on an entirely different level of strength from Luffy lost to Magellan yet when Luffy had wax armor he was kicking Magellans ass and didn't get hit once by him. Not to mention Luffy didn't use his gear third or 2nd. It seems to me that Magellan is close to the strength of Hanyabal without his poison. We saw what Luffy did to Hanyabal with gear 2nd. Hahaha.
How funny...I believe you are wrong ang delusional on quite a few things.

I would like to learn more about fighting.Reading and learning about fighting is probably a better idea though ...Only fight If I want/have too.

I don't believe Ivankov was on a entirely different level of Strength than Luffy.
Why would some-one believe that?

It seems to me you don't understand what strength is.His poison did not make him stronger.It made him more dangerous and deadly.His poison was strong.
He might indeed be as strong as Hannyabal,at least spiritually.He seemed bigger than Hannyabal thus probably physically stronger.
Old 2013-10-12, 04:51   Link #132
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
How funny...I believe you are wrong ang delusional on quite a few things.

I would like to learn more about fighting.Reading and learning about fighting is probably a better idea though ...Only fight If I want/have too.

I don't believe Ivankov was on a entirely different level of Strength than Luffy.
Why would some-one believe that?

It seems to me you don't understand what strength is.His poison did not make him stronger.It made him more dangerous and deadly.His poison was strong.
He might indeed be as strong as Hannyabal,at least spiritually.He seemed bigger than Hannyabal thus probably physically stronger.
Yeah, it's best that you don't fight anyone. I'm quite sure you'd just lose pathetically.
Old 2013-10-12, 04:56   Link #133
JonSnow

It would be nice if the Sunny team heads to Zou. I really want to see Bepo and Jean Bart's growth in strength. It would be also nice to see Chopper and Bepo fight side by side in the near future
Old 2013-10-12, 05:12   Link #134
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Yeah, it's best that you don't fight anyone. I'm quite sure you'd just lose pathetically.
Depends who I fight and with what.

Are you out of no-one's league?
Old 2013-10-12, 05:28   Link #135
ri0

Quote:
I've only been reading and looking at the Manga.
I went to go check it out and I'm not sure if he used Haki or cut the swords.It was in a clash with Hyouzou on the last page of chapter 642.He mentioned some-thing about a barrier.

The other thing he mentioned was 'stealing the proper throne',right?
Don't think so. I think it would have been shown specifically if Zoro had used it.

Regarding Law: Yeah, that's what I meant. It didn't seem to me, that OP was his primary target in the NW.

And another thing you probably don't know, because you're new: We usually try to avoid double posts, so when you want to quote different people you can start a quote by typing [.quote] without the point and ending it by typing [/quote]. If you want to adress person xy typ [quote=xy]. Just for your information
Old 2013-10-12, 05:37   Link #136
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Don't think so. I think it would have been shown specifically if Zoro had used it.

Regarding Law: Yeah, that's what I meant. It didn't seem to me, that OP was his primary target in the NW.

And another thing you probably don't know, because you're new: We usually try to avoid double posts, so when you want to quote different people you can start a quote by typing [.quote] without the point and ending it by typing
. If you want to adress person xy typ
Quote:
Originally Posted by xy
. Just for your information
What do you mean by 'specifically'?

Thanks for the information.
Old 2013-10-12, 05:48   Link #137
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Depends who I fight and with what.

Are you out of no-one's league?
LOL. "Depends on who". That's sad. And "With what"? A weapon!? LOLOLOLOL
Only a coward would care who they fight.

Just like Usopp. He thought Perona would be weak and so he chose to fight her like he was brave. That's pathetic.

Who's your favorite One Piece character? haha
Whoever it is you should model yourself after her/him more unless it's actually Usopp. If you admit that it's Usopp then I'll apologize for any rudeness. A legit apology.

I've won every fight I've ever been in. And trust me I get into lots of fights. People don't like how I talk down to them. But when I smash their faces in the reality of my words sets in. It's a delight. The point is that I'm very experienced when it comes to fighting. When I tell you that Magellan is no match for Luffy then you should think it through more. And again. Keep in mind that Luffy didn't use his full power at the end where he was kicking Magellans ass. If Luffy was kicking Magellans ass without using his full power then that automatically means Magellan was no match for him.

Magellan is most definitely a weakling who can only rely on his pathetic poison. That's not what a fighter is like.
I understand Luffy when it comes to fighting. And like the many who seem to think he will have Law's assistance in defeating Doflamingo, absurd. That's straight out hilarious. Even the little girl Aisa from Skypia understood that a warriors duel is sacred and that you should never interfere in it!

Magellan's poison is straight out hax. I'm pretty sure that Blackbeard put him in his place with his darkness.

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-10-12 at 06:38.
Old 2013-10-12, 06:44   Link #138
Dany Rangel

Quote:
LOL. "Depends on who". That's sad. And "With what"? A weapon!? LOLOLOLOL
Only a coward would care who they fight.

Just like Usopp. He thought Perona would be weak and so he chose to fight her like he was brave. That's pathetic.

Who's your favorite One Piece character? haha
Whoever it is you should model yourself after her/him more unless it's actually Usopp. If you admit that it's Usopp then I'll apologize for any rudeness. A legit apology.

I've won every fight I've ever been in. And trust me I get into lots of fights. People don't like how I talk down to them. But when I smash their faces in the reality of my words sets in. It's a delight.
It depends who you fight and with what whether you win or lose.
I disagree that only a coward would care who they fight.
An Idiot and/or a savage would'nt care who they fight.

Usopp probably thought he could beat her or at least hold her back for his fiends.That's why he chose to fight her.

Don't really have a favorite character.Just been rooting for the good people.

I hope your not a bully.
Congratulations on winning your fights.
Old 2013-10-12, 07:06   Link #139
Dany Rangel

Luffy never beat up Magellan and he used several of his strongest attacks.
He was only able to fight against him and land good hits because of some-one-else's ability/power.
What makes you believe he is weak?
Do you know how he would be with-out his ability?
Their are different types of fighters.

Last edited by monir; 2013-10-12 at 16:48.
Old 2013-10-12, 07:21   Link #140
Dany Rangel

How am I not obiviously suited for fighting?
How would I just lose?

I don't believe Luffy or Zoro are savage idiots.They have showed they care who they fight.

Fear is not the only thing that makes you care who you fight

[snip]

I am no coward.

Last edited by monir; 2013-10-12 at 16:51.
Closed Thread