Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-20, 15:15   Link #261
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post

Will just add, that I'm surprised to see that there are still people that actually believes that Itachi is Sasuke's ultimate foe. He is not, and was never meant to be. He is the source of Sasuke's hate, and one of the driving motives for his behavior, but it's obvious that the true objective, will turn to be something, someone, elsewhere.
I agree that Itachi isn't Sasuke's ultimate foe, but instead a stepping stone for Sasuke to truly become the main antagonist of the story. Once he goes through on his plan for vengeance and kills Itachi, he'll step away from the "neutral" side and join the dark ranks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzajincuuriki View Post
Maybe hes been plotting it all along. My guess is that kishi is setting us up for some sort of "hes not really a bad guy" revelation
That's what I'm absolutely dreading; Itachi is the coldest character in the series to date (though Sasori is very arguable). For Itachi to reveal that "hes not really a bad guy" would be extremely disappointing. The "righteous" villain has become a cliche over the years, and imo Itachi's "everything exists only to test my power" attitude is refreshing.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 16:14   Link #262
Kowai

i wouldnt mind sasuke dieing here... hes not the main character and him getting murked real bad by itachi would cause:
a twist, inspire naruto, progress the story (we can jsut ignore sasuke once he is dead)
im not a sasuke hater he is just boring, the reason why itachi kileld his clan is because there shouldnt be 2 of them (now 3 zzzzzzzzzz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post

That's what I'm absolutely dreading; Itachi is the coldest character in the series to date (though Sasori is very arguable). For Itachi to reveal that "hes not really a bad guy" would be extremely disappointing. The "righteous" villain has become a cliche over the years, and imo Itachi's "everything exists only to test my power" attitude is refreshing.
100% agree with this

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-21 at 19:27. Reason: Do not double post
Kowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 16:49   Link #263
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
I disagree. A person who truly believes on "everything exists only to test my power" won't be playing second fiddle to anyone which is currently what he is doing in Akatsuki. I also don't think Itachi is cold at all. Nothing had been shown which even remotely suggests this. Even in the case of the Uchiha massacre, all Sasuke saw was what Itachi wanted him to see with his various genjutsus. There is no proof that Itachi was responsible.

I am an Itachi's fan too but it was pretty obvious something was fishy given his confrontation between Kakashi/Gai/Kurenai/Jiraiya and the Sasuke flashback. Then you look at the Uchiha secret rooms and hideouts (bearing in mind they were Konoha's police force), the subtle hints regarding their feelings towards the Hokage and ANBU (like how the police force was prohibited from dealing with ANBU for instance) and now the references to Uchiha Madara (a person mind you who was never, ever mention in the flash back... only Itachi and his best friend for being the strongest Uchihas) and Kyuubi... and well...
Old 2007-08-20, 16:51   Link #264
ArashiStorm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
So you can't imagine that in a fake piece of literature that the two main characters can become more powerful then a secondary character? Interesting..........
Eh-Hem... SPike from Cowboy bEBEOP.. HE died to a secondary character, Light was beaten by a secondary character (Near and MEllo ddn't fit that main character beatdwn enough) and brains were power in death note.. light lost even though he was the main character...to 2nd dary character...Ihigo lost to Ulquiorra, but for some reason (even though he was dead), could be revivd by Orihime, still beaten...SO yea, It's possible for the main character to not become stronger...just lucky ( dont get me started on Goku vs. BRoly....cuz oku beat him, but guess what, he came back twice.. 2ndary>Main..)and Sasuke only became a main character as of yet...so bleh...please?

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-21 at 19:31.
ArashiStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 17:09   Link #265
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I agree that this "fight" between Itachi and Sasuke probably won't amount to much. It is too early. Itachi won't die before Kisame, so if they fight here then Sasuke getting horribly beaten is the only possible outcome. And I doubt Itachi would confront Sasuke just to beat him again. He might have to rough Sasuke up just to make him listen, but mostly I expect Itachi to reveal some major revelations here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
I also don't think Itachi is cold at all. Nothing had been shown which even remotely suggests this.
Breaking Sasuke's wrist, beating the crap out of him and then mind raping him doesn't count? Making Kakashi feel as though he had been tortured for 3 days doesn't qualify as cold?

Quote:
Then you look at the Uchiha secret rooms and hideouts (bearing in mind they were Konoha's police force), the subtle hints regarding their feelings towards the Hokage and ANBU (like how the police force was prohibited from dealing with ANBU for instance)
Are you saying there was mistrust between the Uchiha clan and ANBU? Itachi was an ANBU captain you know, and his father praised him for it. I don't think there was any kind friction between the two groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArashiStorm
Eh-Hem... SPike from Cowboy bEBEOP.. HE died to a secondary character, Light was beaten by a secondary character
Viscous was not a secondary character, he was the main villain and he died also in the final battle with Spike, that's pretty common. In Light's case, he was the main character, but he was also the villain, so he also had to be beaten (L was more of the actual hero in Death Note). And rest assured, Ichigo will eventually get strong enough to defeat Ulq.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 17:13   Link #266
ArashiStorm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmachine v2.0 View Post
Spoiler for dont read unless you are not biased:
YOu didn't see Sasuke training cuz its to add to the mysterious activities going on outside the main storyy...oh lets see orochimaru develop all his new body jutsus because training is so important...and we only saw naruto train cuz it was important to the story.. and the fact that kyuubi can be mangaed by Yamato..

and what you just listed was what makes them CHARACTERS...! IF naruto didn't rashly run in and get beat up then get inspired to win... he wouldn't be naruto then...and that's what makes a main character anyways,, and if you've been reading (which i doubt you have from this post) >,> Sakura doesn't cry anymore and sh rarely cares about sasuke like that (as seen in the second bell training), and she took out one of Akatsuki with an old woman...so her combat went up...Naruto isn't getting knocked bac and yelling all the time, now he's careful and thinks of strategies.. and now you're bashing techniques?
You complain about Lee's Lotus and 8 gates.. damn that's what he does... Kishimoto isn't gonn make up freaking 1000s of techniques for each character outta nowhere [cut]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I agree that this "fight" between Itachi and Sasuke probably won't amount to much. It is too early. Itachi won't die before Kisame, so if they fight here then Sasuke getting horribly beaten is the only possible outcome. And I doubt Itachi would confront Sasuke just to beat him again. He might have to rough Sasuke up just to make him listen, but mostly I expect Itachi to reveal some major revelations here.

Breaking Sasuke's wrist, beating the crap out of him and then mind raping him doesn't count? Making Kakashi feel as though he had been tortured for 3 days doesn't qualify as cold?

Are you saying there was mistrust between the Uchiha clan and ANBU? Itachi was an ANBU captain you know, and his father praised him for it. I don't think there was any kind friction between the two groups.

Viscous was not a secondary character, he was the main villain and he died also in the final battle with Spike, that's pretty common. In Light's case, he was the main character, but he was also the villain, so he also had to be beaten (L was more of the actual hero in Death Note). And rest assured, Ichigo will eventually get strong enough to defeat Ulq.
Oh boy.. this sin't about death note but whatever... the whole point of deathnote was to show that their is no good or evil, just people's opinions... Light wasn't meant to be evil, people just saw him that way... sure he developed into a madman that was always avoiding his true motives, but still that was because people defied him and turned against him..so anyways.. he wasn't a villian, there's no good and evil in that story.. only life. And yes I know Ichigo will get stronger, but i was merely replying to the fact that (i 4get who it was) was saying that main characters always get stronger than 2nddary charcters.. but knowing tite and Kishi.. that might not be true.. they cna beat someone , but not be stronger.....(naruto and Gaara), Case Closed

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-21 at 19:37. Reason: Do not double post
ArashiStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 17:38   Link #267
Itachi-evil
Banned

I agree with Arashi-Storm.
Itachi-evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 18:02   Link #268
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArashiStorm View Post
Eh-Hem... SPike from Cowboy bEBEOP.. HE died to a secondary character, Light was beaten by a secondary character (Near and MEllo ddn't fit that main character beatdwn enough) and brains were power in death note.. light lost even though he was the main character...to 2nd dary character...Ihigo lost to Ulquiorra, but for some reason (even though he was dead), could be revivd by Orihime, still beaten...SO yea, It's possible for the main character to not become stronger...just lucky ( dont get me started on Goku vs. BRoly....cuz oku beat him, but guess what, he came back twice.. 2ndary>Main..)and Sasuke only became a main character as of yet...so bleh...please?
Im not even going to point out whats wrong with your argument...lmao from now on I will reply to only sensilbe characters.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 18:08   Link #269
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
I disagree. A person who truly believes on "everything exists only to test my power" won't be playing second fiddle to anyone which is currently what he is doing in Akatsuki.
I understand your point about the power thing however it's clear that Itachi has a hidden agenda in contrast to Akatsuki. What my opinion is is that if that agenda makes Itachi a "good" guy in the end, it would be a waste. Itachi is a character who seems fit for a motive neither good or bad.

Quote:
I also don't think Itachi is cold at all. Nothing had been shown which even remotely suggests this.
Are you kidding me? Everything about Itachi is cold: from his personality, expressions (or lack of), down to his ruthlessness seen in battle (most notably against Sasuke). Sure Itachi has manners when engaging people, but he's downright cold
Old 2007-08-20, 18:14   Link #270
xPresagio

Quote:
The friction was between the Uchiha clan as a whole, and the 3rd (under whom ANBU works).

Itachi's acceptance was of extreme importance for the future of the Clan (which was no longer the powerhouse it used to be, becoming smaller with the passing years). They hoped that such event would help to improve their relation with the Hokage. Instead, Itachi started to act "strange" since then (+ after "the" meeting with the Clan's elders)

Of course, got to wonder what reasons could have lead to their situation in the first place. Possible reasons were discussed in the past.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 18:45   Link #271
Ero-Senn1n

Was this the first time that Itachi smiled? I wonder if he told something very important to Naruto and Naruto is just too dumb to understand but he might understand it in the future.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 19:16   Link #272
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
light wasnt beaten. he got exactly what he wanted.

anbu didnt hate itachi, itachi hated the clan, everyone else loved them. they where the police force.
Old 2007-08-20, 19:17   Link #273
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post

Itachi's acceptance was of extreme importance for the future of the Clan (which was no longer the powerhouse it used to be, becoming smaller with the passing years). They hoped that such event would help to improve their relation with the Hokage. Instead, Itachi started to act "strange" since then (+ after "the" meeting with the Clan's elders)
I don't recall that anything was ever said about the Uchiha's relationship with the Hokage or ANBU. But it is true that Itachi's father said Itachi getting into ANBU was of extreme importance to the clan. But maybe that is because as head of Konoha's police force, he felt that it was important that Itachi, as his son, achieved a high status since he would represent the Uchiha clan more than any other member. One of the clansmen also said they had other connections in ANBU besides Itachi, so that implies the relationship was at least stable.

It's pretty ambiguous, I don't think any tension was implied. ANBU is a black ops group. It makes sense they keep their business solely within the organization. But I can see how people would get the idea that there were issues between them and the Uchiha.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 19:52   Link #274
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]

Quote:
YOu didn't see Sasuke training cuz its to add to the mysterious activities going on outside the main storyy...oh lets see orochimaru develop all his new body jutsus because training is so important...and we only saw naruto train cuz it was important to the story.. and the fact that kyuubi can be mangaed by Yamato..

and what you just listed was what makes them CHARACTERS...! IF naruto didn't rashly run in and get beat up then get inspired to win... he wouldn't be naruto then...and that's what makes a main character anyways,, and if you've been reading (which i doubt you have from this post) >,> Sakura doesn't cry anymore and sh rarely cares about sasuke like that (as seen in the second bell training), and she took out one of Akatsuki with an old woman...so her combat went up...Naruto isn't getting knocked bac and yelling all the time, now he's careful and thinks of strategies.. and now you're bashing techniques?
You complain about Lee's Lotus and 8 gates.. damn that's what he does... Kishimoto isn't gonn make up freaking 1000s of techniques for each character outta nowhere cuz one little whiny, confused reader...

Yeah warmachine. Dude all the characters are characters because of what you listed. I kinda agree with the sharingan stuff tho, KINDA, not completely.

On a different note, I dont think Itachi changing would really do anything for his character, I mean, where does he go from there? Would Konoha take him back? I dont think anyone would really be able to do anything about it. Sasuke would be DEVESTATED tho.
pizzajincuuriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 19:56   Link #275
mayhem

Next chapter sasuke will attack itachi, get caught in MS, flip out, reveal a new technique, itachi will look to be in some trouble, then the chapter will end with pein or tobi likely tobi, but I guess that all depends on what itachi says.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 20:38   Link #276
xPresagio

Quote:
But maybe that is because as head of Konoha's police force, he felt that it was important that Itachi, as his son, achieved a high status since he would represent the Uchiha clan more than any other member. One of the clansmen also said they had other connections in ANBU besides Itachi, so that implies the relationship was at least stable.
Father: "You don't understand where your position is."
Itachi (ANBU): "Tomorrow I have a mission to do"
Father: "What mission?"
Itachi (ANBU): "Well, I can't say.. it's an absolutely secret mission"
Father: "Itachi.. you are the backbone that connects this family to the village (Konoha).. you have to be a useful connection. You understand that.. right?"

The Hokage is the representative of Konoha. Since the Uchiha were supposed to be the village's police and protectors (plus the most powerful and relevant of all the other clans), there would be absolutely no need for them to build a special connection. It would be enough for them to go and directly talk with the 3rd.

Apparently, it was not the case.

Note: The police men even told Itachi to ask ANBU to investigate his friend's murder. Having "special connections" does not necessarily means that they actually could directly and officially contact ANBU. Which is strange, considering their task as prosecutors/protectors.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 22:17   Link #277
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Oh and LOL to this.....

Quote:
but knowing tite and Kishi..
lmao

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-21 at 19:39. Reason: Do not quote flame, you only spread them
Old 2007-08-21, 08:37   Link #278
Big_Papi
Dominican Elite

I believe that after this arc there is going to be a Bijuu arc to where naruto is the person with a bijuu. Now i think that will be very cool and maybe we will get to see allot of ther summoming creatures being introduced or maybe the most powerful summon ever
Big_Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 08:48   Link #279
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Papi View Post
I believe that after this arc there is going to be a Bijuu arc to where naruto is the person with a bijuu. Now i think that will be very cool and maybe we will get to see allot of ther summoming creatures being introduced or maybe the most powerful summon ever
What exactly do you mean? Naruto is a person with a bijuu (Jinchuuriki)..do you ment like Naruto vs a bijuu or another jinchuuriki?

I think Akatsuki wont last that long anymore...and probably and hopefully we will head towards a new era.
Old 2007-08-21, 09:15   Link #280
Big_Papi
Dominican Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
What exactly do you mean? Naruto is a person with a bijuu (Jinchuuriki)..do you ment like Naruto vs a bijuu or another jinchuuriki?

I think Akatsuki wont last that long anymore...and probably and hopefully we will head towards a new era.

Sorry for that typo... I ment to say is that maybe Naruto would end up being the only Jinchuuriki and dirrent nations jint to eliminate the bijuu's
Big_Papi is offline   Reply With Quote