AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-10, 06:20   Link #40301
DarkJak2050

You guys seem to be having fun.

So what exactly's going on?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 06:25   Link #40302
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Moar techwank I guess, as well as tidbit in talking about character position and the resulting dynamic.
Old 2013-02-10, 06:25   Link #40303
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that was an emergency training regiment but yeah, I understand what you mean. But this is going from 0 to being able to last 10 minutes with a cadet rep. He's desperate enough to believe anything. The problem is what would Tatenashi teach him?

Chifuyu can probably use any weapon, but her specialty is swordplay. That's why the initial idea was to have Aries use a sword. Tate's case... hand to hand combat? a lance?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 06:34   Link #40304
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Moar techwank I guess, as well as tidbit in talking about character position and the resulting dynamic.
I'm kind of having some issues with the tech. Other than that, you mean by scenes with "tidbit", right?

If that's the case then I posted one a few pages back. Thought it might stir things up with the Canon characters and my guys.
Old 2013-02-10, 06:40   Link #40305
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'm just trying to marathon SAO (Keyword is "trying") and incidentally getting some ideas for personal drama along the way. From the way it looks, Athena is NOT going to consist entirely of mecha slugfests.
Old 2013-02-10, 06:53   Link #40306
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Alright, about the scene that's been floating around in my head...

Spoiler for LN Vol. 5 Ch. 4 (Project Silverback Ver.):

This right here will eventually lead to this scene I posted a while ago.

Any thoughts?
Hmm, I can see why, though did he actually tell the pilot his agenda? If so, then he had a good reason to angry, even if that's technically outside rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I'm just trying to marathon SAO (Keyword is "trying") and incidentally getting some ideas for personal drama along the way. From the way it looks, Athena is NOT going to consist entirely of mecha slugfests.
I don't know why, but I felt some kind of hype aversion regarding the anime, it's one of the faithful adaptation but something just didn't click with me. Maybe because I read the novel first, bad idea X_X

That aside, I gave up trying to insert much more drama than anything romance, family, friendship, or mecha slugfest. I especially avoid politic and philosophical rant unless really, really necessary.
Old 2013-02-10, 06:55   Link #40307
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would Houki train Aries if she sees him swinging a sword around like an idiot?
Old 2013-02-10, 06:57   Link #40308
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes

"It's an insult to swordmanship!"

Cue training from hell.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:05   Link #40309
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I don't know why, but I felt some kind of hype aversion regarding the anime, it's one of the faithful adaptation but something just didn't click with me. Maybe because I read the novel first, bad idea X_X

That aside, I gave up trying to insert much more drama than anything romance, family, friendship, or mecha slugfest. I especially avoid politic and philosophical rant unless really, really necessary.
I just wing'd it since it involves MMOs, even addressing present-world gaming issues in a rather dramatic manner.

The drama I have in mind is more centered around the idea of Chekhov's Gun so it's not exactly politics. More to family complications.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:07   Link #40310
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm some new ideas are stirring. Hmm... does this sound too out there?

The Silent Seven. A group of seven scientists rumored to have been peers of Shinonono Tabane. They were involved as the core team that spearheaded IS research, with Tabane as their leader. They are known as the silent seven because all that is known is that there are seven of them and during the White Knight Incident, they were completely out of the media's reach to speak and have not spoken on the topic of their creation. Personal information on each is lost in the short decade due to government information control.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:17   Link #40311
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Why not

As long as it doesn't discredit Tabane as almighty (snort) on her own.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:21   Link #40312
demino_hellsin
That one guy

mm... pattern as to how Chifuyu indirectly trains Aries... wtf? lol

Tatenashi begins preparations for Aries' personal IS. she goes to ISRI and blackmails one of the Silent Seven. Tatenashi, not knowing how to train someone on an emergency tells that scientist to think of something to teach a zero skill novice to beat a cadet rep in 2 weeks too. So the scientist goes to the only person she knows who may have an answer, the most combat experienced pilot on team who has battle knowledge down to a scientific art form. So yeah, Chifuyu XD
Old 2013-02-10, 07:28   Link #40313
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Sword Art Online can be a good source for drama elements.

But not wanting to get off track...

Spoiler for Silverback's Phases:
Old 2013-02-10, 07:37   Link #40314
demino_hellsin
That one guy

hello there testosterone fuelled IS
Old 2013-02-10, 07:40   Link #40315
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
hello there testosterone fuelled IS
Wow, you don't have to be much of a ding-dong about it...
Old 2013-02-10, 07:41   Link #40316
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Sword Art Online can be a good source for drama elements.

But not wanting to get off track...

Spoiler for Silverback's Phases:
So it self-evolves like the IS does. Speaking of which, I decided to watch GoW3 playthroughs out of curiosity and I noticed the Silverbacks actual.

Just to clarify, your version of the Silverback isn't supposed to look anywhere like the ones in the game, right?
Old 2013-02-10, 07:44   Link #40317
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@jak: Sorry man. It was just too hard to resist the bait. I do suggest you reword beta though. The fact that it's contradictory to wanting it to be in actual battle while not advising to bring it into real battle is kind of... to put it lightly, non-sensical.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:50   Link #40318
DarkJak2050

Quote:
So it self-evolves like the IS does. Speaking of which, I decided to watch GoW3 playthroughs out of curiosity and I noticed the Silverbacks actual.

Just to clarify, your version of the Silverback isn't supposed to look anywhere like the ones in the game, right?
No, not at all. Way too big and bulky...

The Silverbacks in its Beta Phase will have a similar look to that of the Delta Six Accelerator Suits from the film G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra.

When in their 1st Phase, it'll have a similar look to the Gears of War armor design and Tony Stark's Ironman suit (no glowing core on the chest) put together and slightly slimmed down.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:59   Link #40319
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
You read it wrong, it explicitly compare them to I.S., normally you didn't bring default-form I.S. to battle yet (like Ichika did, hence Cecilia's shock, Tabane also explicitly boost-phase Akatsubaki to first shift before deployment) because of the risk, on the other hand Beta-phase Silverbacks REQUIRE combat data because manual setting just not enough.

Bread eggs breaded eggs
Old 2013-02-10, 07:59   Link #40320
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well... I would've feared that people might go around thinking it's actually the canonical bulky suits but seeing from the reviews, doesn't seem like it.

The Minerva evolves but not on its own. Leaning more to real-robot style to stand out from the IS by having it to be manually upgraded into its more advanced incarnations, some having a different array of weaponry.

Speaking of which, I don't suppose each of the four Silverback pilots have distinct combat styles?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest